Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #1 (Print)
SpacemanSpiff

You know you have a clueless CSR when

He can't find the SD-DVR80 in his computer to activate it, H10, R15 he can find. DVR80 nope.

He doesn't tell you that a phone line is needed.

He doesn't mention the 2 year committment.
SpacemanSpiff is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #2 (Print)
cmtar
Long live the R15!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
He can't find the SD-DVR80 in his computer to activate it, H10, R15 he can find. DVR80 nope.

He doesn't tell you that a phone line is needed.

He doesn't mention the 2 year committment.

And how does that make them clueless?
cmtar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #3 (Print)
SpacemanSpiff

They can't read the script in front of them? They don't know their products? They don't know the terms required for use of their companies products?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #4 (Print)
coolbreeze

Maybe it's part of the conspiracy to force all subscribers to the R15...

That does sound shady, though. "Hmm, I can't find the TIVO DVR in my system, but I do see the R15! Would you like one? They are free!"
coolbreeze is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #5 (Print)
cmtar
Long live the R15!!

maybe it was a glitch in the system. So they forgot to mention the 2 yr commitment, you already knew about it anyway. The R15 doesnt need a phone line anway. When I activated my R15 I wasnt told about a phone line or the commitment and I dont think the CSR was clueless.
cmtar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #6 (Print)
Mori
TIVO Lover

The Directv customer agreement states that a phone line is required, though you can go around it. But honestly if you want to Tivo you have to at least admit that the tivo was connected to the phone once to activate the tivo service on a Dtivo reciever.

And by the way, as bad as you can talk about clueless agents, believe me agents are talking about how great the customers are.
Mori is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #7 (Print)
MikeSh

My retention rep I talked to a couple 3 weeks ago told me upfront that the new R15 box didn't need a phone line. The contract installer that came out was suprised that she had told me that.

MikeS.
MikeSh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #8 (Print)
SpacemanSpiff

I guess there are advantages to a clueless CSR. When I hooked up my other new DVR80 last night and called in. The CSR found it quickly. Told me about the 2 years and phone line. And raised my DVR fee from 4.99 to 5.99. Something the other one hadn't done.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #9 (Print)
tbeckner
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmtar
maybe it was a glitch in the system. So they forgot to mention the 2 yr commitment, you already knew about it anyway. The R15 doesnt need a phone line anway. When I activated my R15 I wasnt told about a phone line or the commitment and I dont think the CSR was clueless.
But how do you know?

The CSRs are low paid (minimum wage, could be below $6 an hour in US, or less overseas) warm bodies pulled off the street and with very minimal training are placed in front of computer screen, keyboard, and a mouse. Outfitted with a headset and told to answer calls. And CSR turn over is huge, because they are rated based upon the number of calls they clear per shift and there usually is little or no positive feedback. In fact, even in the US, they usually are not even high school graduates.

We have a local firm here in Bend, Oregon that operates around the world and they have been here for six years or more and they are the joke of the town. They will hire anyone who breathes and their turn over is huge, they support clients like HP, BMW, Amazon, etc. They now pay a little more than minimum wage, but that has not changed their turn over rate.

If the CSR job was the only job in the world, then we might all have a fighting chance. If you get a CSR that appears to not know what they are doing, I would recommend dropping the call and calling back, because you could get a CSR that knows what they are doing.

(2) Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2 HMO/MRV
(1) Slingbox 1.0.5.140
DirecTV 10/94
with TyTool, TServer, TiVoServer
tbeckner is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-28-2005, 07:41 PM   #10 (Print)
tbeckner
TiVo Fan

Quote:
I guess there are advantages to a clueless CSR. When I hooked up my other new DVR80 last night and called in. The CSR found it quickly. Told me about the 2 years and phone line. And raised my DVR fee from 4.99 to 5.99. Something the other one hadn't done.
This is a case where I would have called back for a clueless CSR.

(1) Slingbox 1.0.5.140
DirecTV 10/94

Last edited by tbeckner : 12-28-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #11 (Print)
SeattleCarl

Quote:

Several people have reported that if you have the 4.99 rate it should not be raised when you add or change a dvr. If you discontinue dvr service then re-start it, you would be subject to the higher rate.
-
You may want to call D* back and challenge the extra dollar.
-
Carl
SeattleCarl is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-28-2005, 10:30 PM   #12 (Print)
tbeckner
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCarl
Several people have reported that if you have the 4.99 rate it should not be raised when you add or change a dvr. If you discontinue dvr service then re-start it, you would be subject to the higher rate.
-
You may want to call D* back and challenge the extra dollar.
-
Carl
I really believe that Carl is right, you should be grandfathered at the $4.99 rate, especially since you likely didn't just buy that DVR, so I would recommend that you call back. But it is up to you, what is $12 a year worth.

(1) Slingbox 1.0.5.140
DirecTV 10/94
Old 12-28-2005, 11:23 PM   #13 (Print)
jmoak

You know you have a clueless CSR when...

You know you have a clueless CSR when...

He replys to your question with, "Dude, I've got'a put you on hold, that's not on my sheet..."

At the end of your conversation he instinctively replies, "Thank you, please pull up to the next window."

Your csr's life goal is to get a visa and move to montana to manage a 7-11.

When you finally get transferred to level 2 support, they answer with, "Yo, Whas yo prob, yo?"

I'm here all week! Remember to tip your waitresses!

jmoak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:26 AM   #14 (Print)
Rkkeller

I think the confusion is the R-15 no longer needs a phone line for upgrades anymore like the R-10 and other DirecTiVo needs. The R-15 also doesnt need a phone line when its initially setup like the other units.

A phone line is still required for ALL receivers as how else are they going to know if your ordering PPV's and/or if your receiver is even at your house. Without a phone line you could have receivers in multiple houses all under one account.

Rich
Rkkeller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 PM   #15 (Print)
judson_west
TiVo, spot on!

Quote:
A phone line is still required for ALL receivers as how else are they going to know if your ordering PPV's and/or if your receiver is even at your house. Without a phone line you could have receivers in multiple houses all under one account.

Right. Receivers in multiple houses all under one account. Who whould be doing that?

I remember when I was acutally quizzed by a CSR about the fact that a newly connected D-TiVo unit was calling in on a number different from the other TiVo's in my house. I responded that I have two telephone lines going into different rooms, and that was the only one available. No problem then or since.

Sony SAT-T60 (2)

And a bunch of other junk that makes watching TV enjoyable.

Last edited by judson_west : 12-29-2005 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Spelling errors.
judson_west is offline Report Bad Post Report Post