Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-29-2005, 12:05 AM   #1 (Print)
ccgegg

Installing DVD recorder: Idiot of the Day

I'm perplexed. Perhaps too much spiked egg nog......

I'm installing my new Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD recorder with my Hughes D*Tivo (and a VCR) and the ES10 s not recognizing channels during the auto setup. Used the diagram in the Panasonic manual, but with a twist. The manual wants you to split the original coax feed and run one thru the VCR then into the TV, while the other runs into the sat recvr. Well, with 2 feeds running into my sat recvr, I figured I would just run a coax out of the sat recvr and into the VCR, then another coax from the VCR into the TV. During auto setup on the ES10, it won't recognize any channels.

Am I missing something?

Old 12-29-2005, 01:19 AM   #2 (Print)
jautor
Also wants a pony

The only "channel" the DVD recorder is going to find is the channel 3/4 modulated output from the DirecTiVo. You'll get sigificantly better recording quality by using the a/v outputs instead.

But hopefully you're not sooo overly egg-nogged to think that every satellite channel is available at once. And hopefully you aren't trying to use it to record shows on a timer/schedule...

You'll use the DVD recorder just like a VCR hooked to the TiVo - refer to the DirecTiVo instructions on hooking up a VCR to the unit (I think it's shown in the manual...) . It will always be set to record from the A/V inputs, and you'll control the channel/show playback from the DirecTiVo.

Jeff
jautor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post