July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #1 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Project Runway Season 2 Eps 3 - All Dolled Up 12/14/05

Design for Plastic Surgery Barbie... discuss...

Last edited by PJO1966 : 12-15-2005 at 04:48 PM.
PJO1966 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM   #2 (Print)
DLiquid
MPC User

With all the product placement this almost seemed like an episode of The Apprentice. I'm loving this season so far though, something about this show just clicks.

Wasn't this episode 3?
DLiquid is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-15-2005, 04:46 PM   #3 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLiquid
With all the product placement this almost seemed like an episode of The Apprentice. I'm loving this season so far though, something about this show just clicks.

Wasn't this episode 3?

Technically...

According to the website it's listed as episode 202. They counted the first episode as 200.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:49 PM   #4 (Print)
ccouger
Evil Minion

Send a message via Yahoo to ccouger
Is Santino trying to become a designer or a reality show personality star? His pouting after not being declared the winner of the challenge seemed over the top. He knows he's on camera, so I wonder if he was actually trying to be funny, and they made it seem like he was seriously upset, or if he's just really that arrogant?

I liked the South African woman's (Cara?) design, because it did look age appropriate and cute for the Barbie theme, and plus she put it together so quickly, since she was the designer with the least sketch time and the last one out of the fabric store. I did like Nick's, and I was glad he won the challenge. I agreed with the judges on this one, when Nick's model walked out she did look like a life-sized Barbie with a colorful, playful dress.

Interesting challenge, especially since they had to make the matching doll clothes, too. I wonder why they added the twist this season of picking the models only after someone is eliminated, instead of choosing a different model each time. At least the model of the eliminated designer isn't also automatically out, because that really would have been unfair to the model.

And I thought the woman who didn't take the thread out of the sewing machine would get scolded by Tim Gunn somehow, since that apparently affected Daniel's dress when he used the same machine after that.

Looks like both of Emmit's roommates are now gone, so does he get the suite all to himself for now? I wonder if they will reshuffle them as others get eliminated.
ccouger is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:33 PM   #5 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

I didn't realize there was a store where you could order products related to the show, including clothing designed by the contestants...

http://projectrunway.shopthescene.com/detail.php?p=4215

Old 12-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #6 (Print)
sallypnut
I moved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccouger
Is Santino trying to become a designer or a reality show personality star? His pouting after not being declared the winner of the challenge seemed over the top. He knows he's on camera, so I wonder if he was actually trying to be funny, and they made it seem like he was seriously upset, or if he's just really that arrogant?

That whole sequence (the look after the announcement, the comment backstage, the sitting in the corner) looked manufactured by the editors to me. I do think he is arrogant, but I think they are trying to create a villain.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #7 (Print)
Dignan
_

I love Santino's voice. I have perfected my Santino impression and will regularly belt out, "I just want to make beautiful dresses" and "I grew up playing with dolls" in a deep Vin Diesel/Lurch drone.

I like this group, no Austin Scarlett, but I do have a few favorites.
Dignan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-15-2005, 10:11 PM   #8 (Print)
Tracy
Golden

Send a message via AIM to Tracy Send a message via MSN to Tracy Send a message via Yahoo to Tracy
Sallypnut, I agree with you--it looked like editing.

I thought the dress that won was the obvious winner. It just looked so "Barbie" to me. I'm lovin' this show! I'll have to check out the store.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 AM   #9 (Print)
Ntombi

Well, three episodes in, this season is already better than halfway through season one! I'm really liking the challenges, and I'm learning a bit more about the technical aspects of designing and sewing than I did last time--all to the good, IMO.

I can't tell if Santino is serious, either, but I'm thinking either way, he needs to snap out of it, because editing or no, he's over the line.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #10 (Print)
Bob Coxner

Did anyone notice the disclaimer at the end of the show? It says something along the line that the judges make their decision after input from the producers and Bravo. All of these type reality shows love to have one villian, so I'm sure a lot of the "input" concerns keeping a contestant in who will generate excitement. Which probably means Santini makes the final 3.
Bob Coxner is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-16-2005, 11:24 AM   #11 (Print)
ccouger
Evil Minion

Send a message via Yahoo to ccouger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner
Did anyone notice the disclaimer at the end of the show? It says something along the line that the judges make their decision after input from the producers and Bravo. All of these type reality shows love to have one villian, so I'm sure a lot of the "input" concerns keeping a contestant in who will generate excitement. Which probably means Santini makes the final 3.

Santino is talented, so being an on-camera villain persona or not, he'll still have a good shot at the final 3. But as you saw in season 1, even one very bad outfit can unfortunately get you booted, even if you do have obvious design and sewing talent (I'm thinking of Kevin and Austin).

Last season there were several times where the show used out of context voice overs to make it seem as if someone was angry or upset, when later you'd learn it wasn't really that way at all. Jay complained about this later, because of an incident when he had been imitating Wendy speaking, and instead the show used it out of context as a voice over to make it seem as if Jay was actually trashing Kara Saun when that wasn't the case at all.

The team challenge next time should really be good, to see how they interact as team members. I think it's interesting that the contestants seem to interact much more with each other and give advice while they're constructing their designs, more so than they did the first season. But you never know, it might be just the way they chose to show it last season. Tim Gunn's Blog on the Bravo TV web site is a good read for his insight on the contestants and their challenges.
ccouger is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-20-2005, 01:00 PM   #12 (Print)
sallypnut
I moved!

Tim Gunn does a Project Runway podcast that is really interesting.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:03 PM   #13 (Print)
Ntombi

Thanks for that heads up. I just subscribed to it. Tim is my favorite on the show!