Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #1 (Print)
baward

Is it my remote?

My Thomson Scenium has developed a rather serious problem, for me anyway. I was cleaning up yesterday and had to reconnect the TiVo. On first connection, I can 'see' the Tivo but if I try to use any button on the remote I immediately cannot get any live TV to appear, nor can I get to any menu, change channel etc. - in fact anything.

I have re-checked connections (Freeview box > Tivo > TV), replaced Scart cables and even swapped remotes for my spare one (with different batteries) but still no functionality.

I have a vague memory of a simliar thing happening a few years ago and I ended up sorting it with the help of Tivo CS but I can't remember what I did now! Before I call them, I wonder if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ben
baward is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-22-2005, 07:06 PM   #2 (Print)
blindlemon
tivoheaven.co.uk

What is your TiVo showing on the TV?

Are there any lights lit on the front panel? If there's a green light, does it briefly turn orange when you press a key on the remote?

blindlemon is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:52 AM   #3 (Print)
baward

Thanks for your reply.

The TV displays the dialogue "The recorder cannot display Live TV. Try these tips one at a time:" etc. I have tried all the tips to no avail.

Yes, the orange light still blinks when I press any button on the remote, even though nothing happens.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:35 AM   #4 (Print)
randap
Knee-down scratcher?

Might seem silly, but is the freeview box turned on? I occasionally find myself troubleshooting the same symptoms, only to realise the Sky box is in standby!!

Old 12-23-2005, 05:14 AM   #5 (Print)
baward

Yes, the Freeview box is turned on and happy. The signal from it comes through the Tivo (and hence is displayed on the TV set) fine when I (re)plug the Fv > Tivo Scart in, but whenever I attempt to press any channel button on the Tivo remote, the "Cannot display live TV" dialogue appears. I can use the Tivo menu however, and hence watch previously recorded material, change settings, reset the recorder etc.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:32 AM   #6 (Print)
Glesgie

Check that pressing the AUX button on the TiVo remote shows the Freeview channel.
If it does not then you have probably plugged the SCART from the Freeview into the wrong socket (should be AUX) on the TiVo.
Glesgie is offline Report Bad Post Report Post