Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #1 (Print)
appleye1
Obladi Oblada

Send a message via AIM to appleye1 Send a message via MSN to appleye1 Send a message via Yahoo to appleye1
"The Inside" on Fox Wed 6/8

Any thoughts on this new show? It's from Tim Minear (Firefly, Wonderfalls). The main character is played by Rachel Nichols, who was just in that Amityville Horror movie.

Judging from the write-up on the Fox site it sounds like it's worth a watch. (All Flash unfortunately or I would cut and paste some of the write-up here.)

And one question I had the other night while watching The 4400, "Wonder what happened to the first Homeland Security head guy?", was answered. He's on this show now!

"Be excellent to one another." - Pan Chun

"All people can be divided into 10 groups. Those that understand binary and those that don't."

"'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' People say this to you with a straight face, and I always say, who...wants...flies?" - Bill Murray

DIRECTV subscriber since 02/96
TiVo user since 12/99
appleye1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #2 (Print)
Kevdog

I dunno. Obviously, Tim Minnear has some cred, but... Peter Coyote?

1 Black Lab, modified
Kevdog is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #3 (Print)
northmoor

I like Peter Coyote's work.

And, yes, I've been looking forward to checking out The Inside (along w Into The West on Fri).
northmoor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #4 (Print)
cwoody222
TiVo + Mac = :(

Send a message via AIM to cwoody222
Firefly? Wonderfalls? It's got my eyeballs tonight. Oops... 9:10... time to tune in (delayed).
cwoody222 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #5 (Print)
cwoody222
TiVo + Mac = :(

Send a message via AIM to cwoody222
Gee, I guess the TITLE here should have clued me in...

I just sat down to watch it and freaked out when I was recording the Mork & Mindy MOTW instead! D'oh!

Now I feel silly...

Darnit, I had a whole night (Comeback, Entourage, Inside, Shield) planned...
cwoody222 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 12:39 AM   #6 (Print)
northmoor

I was looking forward to this one a little as there are not too many new series on during the summer months. However, after watching, it underwhelmed me, and I was not impressed with this first episode. I thought it was just mediocre at best. (For comparison, I thought the pilot episodes for Fox's Jonny Zero and Point Pleasant were much better than The Inside, and Fox yanked both of those series after several weeks.)

I'm willing to watch a few more episodes of The Inside and hope to see some development, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by northmoor : 06-09-2005 at 12:56 AM.
northmoor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 12:42 AM   #7 (Print)
appleye1
Obladi Oblada

Send a message via AIM to appleye1 Send a message via MSN to appleye1 Send a message via Yahoo to appleye1
Spoilers are OK in this thread as the title has the episode date. (That said, I'm going away because I haven't seen it yet!)

"Be excellent to one another." - Pan Chun

"All people can be divided into 10 groups. Those that understand binary and those that don't."

"'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' People say this to you with a straight face, and I always say, who...wants...flies?" - Bill Murray

DIRECTV subscriber since 02/96
TiVo user since 12/99
appleye1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #8 (Print)
brookerific

Send a message via MSN to brookerific
That show scared the **** out of me. I don't think I will watch it b/c I am afraid the formula will get really old, but also because I want to sleep at night.
brookerific is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #9 (Print)
billypritchard
Embiggener

Good, not great. I expected more from Tim Minear, since I loved Wonderfalls and his Angel and Firefly eps are usually my favorite. However, I think my expectations were so high, it was doomed to not match them.

That being said, I will of course keep watching (ratings and fox hellburnage permitting) and I truly believe my hope will be justified. I think there is a lot of potential with Webb and the rest of the team for some good character work.

Was the actress playing Rebecca a model before? She looked pretty damn tall.
billypritchard is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 01:59 PM   #10 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard
Was the actress playing Rebecca a model before? She looked pretty damn tall.

I do hope they make something of her looks. It's too Hollywood, and too stupid, for stunningly gorgeous people to be taken as perfectly ordinary, but it happens all the time; and if they don't go that route, it will be a sign that this show is something to be taken seriously.

Old 06-09-2005, 02:09 PM   #11 (Print)
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Send a message via AIM to ClutchBrake Send a message via Yahoo to ClutchBrake
I'm with northmoor, mediocre at best. I'll keep watching because of Minear though.

Do y'all really think the lead female is that attractive? My opinion was that she was average. I've certainly seen many women far more attractive on the streets of Montreal this week.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.
ClutchBrake is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2005, 02:35 PM   #12 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake
Do y'all really think the lead female is that attractive? My opinion was that she was average. I've certainly seen many women far more attractive on the streets of Montreal this week.

That strikes me as a common fallacy--people have different standards for Hollywood and real life. So they say "Eh, she's not that good looking" when they see somebody on TV, but if they saw her in real life they'd be reduced to a drooling, incoherent mass of primal urges.

(It's especially true of the trope of the "plain friend," where the gorgeous blonde lead has a "plain friend" who is plain only in that she is brunette and wears glasses; and in the real world would be considered a total knockout. I wonder about the self-esteem of these actresses who play the "plain friends"; do they come to believe the hype? Probably not--after being drooled over every waking minute, they probably realize how stupid it is that they're playing these roles.)

Old 06-09-2005, 06:12 PM   #13 (Print)
Droobiemus
Need better avatar

Send a message via AIM to Droobiemus
Er, moved post to other thread...