THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2004, 05:35 AM   #61 (Print)
mentat

Re: Re: telnet rc.sysinit mods not sticking

Quote:
Originally posted by AtlantaMDX
I have a similar problem on my Series 2. Can this hack be done on the Series 2? There was a seperate download for Series 2 boxes, so I made the assumption that it would work (I know, assumption makes an ass out of u and mption).

I've seen mention of the rc.sysinit.author file, but I didn't see any explaination of what it was for.

I've seen mention of the kill_intrid script, but again, no real explanation of what it did.

Any help would be appreciated. I want to hack my series 2, but it it's a no win battle, I don't want to beat my head against the wall for no reason.

Thanks,

AtlantaMDX

I know this is an ancient thread, but I had this same problem and spent several hours trying to figure it out since I couldn't find it directly answered anywhere. If you want to mount the tivo drive using the mfstools cd you have to start the kernel with "vmlnodma hdx=bswap" where x is the letter representing which channel the hard drive is connected to.
mentat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-29-2004, 05:17 PM   #62 (Print)
xdriver

hello all, as u will all learn i am new to this. Can any one tell me how to fix this TiVo? it is stuck on the powering up screen. so i now have 2 TiVo's one that stuck and a new one that works fine but i would like 2 .
xdriver is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-30-2004, 06:11 PM   #63 (Print)
Trent68

I'm a newbie here, with a Series1. Can I follow these steps and then telnet to the Tivo with a serial cable? I can't really afford a turbonet yet, just wondering if there's anything different I should be aware of.

thanks
Trent68 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-15-2004, 02:24 PM   #64 (Print)
riccony
The old Man

Angry

Wow u guys are way ahead of me. I am using a series 1 tivo and am trying to get the turbonet card to ping

As it stands now I hve the turbonet card in the tivo with a cat5 cable to my Linksys BEFSR41 (4 port router) to a cable modem. The router sees the Nic card but doesn't establish connect. Jus two plinking lites on router and one blinking lite on the turbonet cart. HELP

can anyone provide me with a workthrough. I am obviously doing some thing wring

TIA

riccony is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-28-2004, 11:33 PM   #65 (Print)
Dragnet767

I have a newer 35 hr TiVo/DirecTV unit. I have a new 80 gig hard drive on the way from western digital. I just saw the story in the popular mechanics mag, about putting a bigger drive in your TiVo and thought how cool is this. #1 can it be done with the all in one DirecTV/TiVo unit? and #2 how hard is it going to be? I am running Windows XP home on my computer. Thanks for the help.
Dragnet767 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #66 (Print)
garymarshall

I have one of the newer 540xx series 2. I have upgraded the drives to 2x200gig without a problem. I have used
steves instructions to enable telnet without success. All appears to go well, except no telnet. I can ping the TIVO. I just cant telnet to it. I have examined the changes I made to the .author file and have confirmed both partitions have been updated and the chmod has been completed on both .author files.. Does telnet work on series 2? How can I determine what is not working or if telnet is running on the tivo? Any help would be appreciated.
garymarshall is offline Report Bad Post Report Post