THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 PM   #481 (Print)
Threeclaws

Send a message via AIM to Threeclaws
Quote:
Originally posted by bigpuma
I just went to www.directv.com and headed to contact us and sent an email to customer service. I simply stated that I was interested in HD and I had hear of current customers getting the HD receiver, dish, and sometimes an OTA antenna for $99 after a credit. 2 days later I received a phone call telling me that I did qualify and explaining the details. Unfortunately I am not in an area that includes the OTA antenna.

Thanks I'll try that.
Threeclaws is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #482 (Print)
TrojanHorse
mmm, nachos.

Alright, I just called and tried to get it, and they said no dice... I've been paying $65 a month for 15 months, and the retention guy said the promotion ended a few weeks ago.

He did offer to take $100 off my price, but big freaking deal - $299 (including OTA antenna) is no deal compared to merely renting the box from the cable (shudder) company.

That's over 18 months to start saving over the cable deal, and I'll want the HD Direct Tivo anyway, so forget it.

Anybody have any luck getting this deal recently?

Thanks...

Old 05-17-2004, 06:38 PM   #483 (Print)
bigpuma

I would try emailing them or calling again and trying your luck with another CSR person. It seems to be hit and miss depending on who you get.

Old 05-18-2004, 12:00 PM   #484 (Print)
billyd88

I went the e-mail route and got a call back less than a day later. I was told the $99 deal some customers were getting has expired. Didn't matter because I've been a subscriber for 7 years. He told me he would be willing to credit one of my pay channels and credit TC+ for 6 months. Without going into all the math, it netted out to be $149 for receiver, dish, multiswitch, OTA antenna, and any cable runs. I wouldn't say this would be typical for everyone but be persistent.
billyd88 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-20-2004, 01:25 PM   #485 (Print)
TrojanHorse
mmm, nachos.

I did the email route, they dropped the price to $150 off (which brought it down to $250, which is still too high)

I guess I'll get HD from cable for a few months until they have another deal, or until the HD Tivo drops in price (which is what I really want)

Old 05-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #486 (Print)
m_jraj

Deal still on

Talked a cust retention manager Wednesday. At first he said no, but then offer the $99 deal plus $50 for antenna. Being installed today.
m_jraj is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-21-2004, 10:25 AM   #487 (Print)
bigpuma

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who gets this deal.

Old 05-22-2004, 08:54 AM   #488 (Print)
jim tressler

I just tried to get the deal through email.. no luck.. they called me and said it expired a few weeks ago.. they did offer tc+ discount and $100 off the hd ird... so I will wait and try again.. I guess I need to get my hd tv soon.. lol

jim
jim tressler is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-30-2004, 11:03 AM   #489 (Print)
twodirectivo

$99 LIVES!

My Mitsubishi HD receiver died about two months ago, and it took me awhile to figure out if it was the reciever or my wiring. After hooking up my THIRD D* Tivo, I figured out it was definitely my 3.5 year old reciever. I was thinking seriously about getting the HD Tivo to replace it, but, aside from the fact that it is just about impossible to find one, I figured that when they start shipping more units the price will come down. I went to Best Buy and Tweeters, and priced a replacement HD receiver at about $300 for a Samsung, $450 for the Sony.

After I found this thread, I called D* and told them that I've been a subscriber for about 7 years. He corrected me and said it was actually closer to 10! The first guy I talked to said that he had been in the retention area, offered me $100 off the $349 price, and then said I really should talk to retention. Not only did they give me the $99 price, they will FedEx it and have it for me Wed. I set up an installation appt, but I will probably cancel it, since I should be able to swap the units myself. They also gave me a two month credit for mirroring and the HDTV package, since its been down that long.

I have to say, D* really made me happy! I can't wait until the HD Tivo comes out with more capacity and a cheaper price!
twodirectivo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-31-2004, 05:34 PM   #490 (Print)
jtb

Send a message via AIM to jtb
Has anyone just got the receiver alone for 99.00?I called to see if i could get the receiver,and was told no deal.I aiready have the multi sat dish and the OTA antenna.Plus the CSR was a rude b__ch.
jtb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-31-2004, 09:16 PM   #491 (Print)
dwynne

Just FYi, in the stores the HD Tuner is now $299. Online the tuner + the triple LNB dish + install is $349. Unless of course you talk them into a $99 deal.

I would keep calling them back until you get a better deal, I guess.

Based on a thread here, I called and got a $200 credit + $10 off per month for 6 months when I activate an HDTivo. Now I just have to wait until mine comes in. I didn't try for a deal on the HDtuner, as I really didn't want to commit to a year of that when I really wanted the new HDTivo. I already have 3 DTivos and a stand-alone

Dennis
dwynne is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-03-2004, 12:25 AM   #492 (Print)
Jimmy

I am bragging now but it may not last........

I have had DTV for about 5 years and ordered the $99 deal ..but after stewing over it a day I decided it was not worth it.

I called and canceled the deal and DTV credited back my over $500 to my CC ....however they did not take back the over $400 credit to my account.

My account was as it was on DTV.com however plus well over $400......well its been over 3 months and I am still 'living off of it' so to speak.

We will see.
Jimmy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-16-2004, 08:34 AM   #493 (Print)
m_jraj

unethical

When you get or negotiate a credit - more power to you. When you knowingly keep money that is not yours - that is weak.
m_jraj is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-19-2004, 06:15 AM   #494 (Print)
jtb

Send a message via AIM to jtb
Got he 99 deal through customer retention,so its still out there.
jtb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-19-2004, 01:03 PM   #495 (Print)
gregftlaud

it took me 3 calls back in march to get the 99 dollar deal. i was so persistent with the person that she didnt even charge my card the full price and then credit it back to my account. all i was charged on my dtv account was 99 dollars. even got the ota.

this whole thing just depends on the csr u get. keep calling in until u get one that will give it to you or ask for a supervisor.
gregftlaud is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-28-2004, 07:42 AM   #496 (Print)
jim tressler

I finally got them to bite: $99 HD IRD - no credit card required - however they would not ship it to me - the installer will bring it, oh well cant have it all i guess

jim
Old 06-28-2004, 02:12 PM   #497 (Print)
TrojanHorse
mmm, nachos.

I never did get the $99 deal... I'm a few months away from 2 years, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit to be important enough to rate big discounts. They did throw in some rebates and programming discounts that brought me down around $140 or so (including OTA), which was good enough to get me to bite.

It is a nice change to see long time customers getting a better deal than new customers.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:45 AM   #498 (Print)
jim tressler

i agree with that trojan - after 6 years I am glad they stepped up
Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #499 (Print)
chromepony2004

$99 HD TIVO

I just got off the phone with DTV and both the CSR and his Supervisor insist that DTV does not even sell HD TIVO'S. The supervisor said they won't get them until around October and the price will be around $800. He said NOBODY is getting HD TIVO's from Them. Any comments or help about this? CP

Old 07-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #500 (Print)
minorthr
O and A Party Rock

Send a message via AIM to minorthr
I have not heard of a $99 HDTivo. This thread is about a $99 HD receiver not a HDTivo. And as far as I know D* has not yet begun to sell HDTivos directly.

minorthr is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-15-2004, 02:13 PM   #501 (Print)
bigpuma

Re: $99 HD TIVO

Quote:
Originally posted by chromepony2004
I just got off the phone with DTV and both the CSR and his Supervisor insist that DTV does not even sell HD TIVO'S. The supervisor said they won't get them until around October and the price will be around $800. He said NOBODY is getting HD TIVO's from Them. Any comments or help about this? CP

DirecTV does not sell the HD DirecTivo yet. You have to get that from a retailer for about $999.00. This thread is about a regular HD receiver which they do sell for around $349 but with persistance you can get credit for $250 of it.
bigpuma is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-15-2004, 09:21 PM   #502 (Print)
chromepony2004

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood this forum. I thought it was about DirecTV TIVO. Didn't expect talk about regulat DirecTV here. I've had a Phillips HD receiver for 2 years now but got my TIVO 2 months ago, which is hooked up to the same 57" Sony HD TV. I mostly use the TIVO except when something is on in HD, then I use the Phillips HD receiver. CP