THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2004, 09:20 PM   #211 (Print)
stumbleshoe

Send a message via Yahoo to stumbleshoe
Quote:
Originally posted by krompot
You might want to watch some football or other sports before cancelling your cable. I just spent my second Sunday afternoon watching football on basic analog cable instead of Directv locals because the compression quality on Directv locals is so bad. Eastern Iowa markets.

I tried calling customer support again The lady was cheerful but said there was nothing that could be done. I said I would be calling back everytime I try to watch a sporting event on Directv locals. Her words back were, "You do that, sir!". Very helpful indeed.

I watched football all day today, no real problems for me.

The picture quality from Comcast cable is, well, total crap. They bought out the area I live in from US Cable within the past year. While US Cable wasn't great either, there was a human I could talk to within a few miles of my house if I had complaints or trouble.

Comcast has an office in town, a good 30-45 minutes from here, and no one actually in that office can help with technical issues (they'll happily let you sign up or pay a bill though).

Oh, and since they bought out this area, the cable has died three times, the picture quality has gotten worse, and they sent me a cheerful letter telling me they were raising the rates at the end of this month. I should tape my conversation when I call and cancel - it will be entertaining
stumbleshoe is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-13-2004, 05:29 PM   #212 (Print)
krompot

I am happy your experience with locals has been better than mine! It seems that different markets are having different experiences. And different customers have different expectations. I expect anything on Directv to look better than anything on my local analog cable. Still images look remarkedly better on Directv locals. But any type of movement or action looks like complete crap. That darn compression!
krompot is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-13-2004, 05:36 PM   #213 (Print)
stumbleshoe

Send a message via Yahoo to stumbleshoe
Quote:
Originally posted by krompot
I am happy your experience with locals has been better than mine! It seems that different markets are having different experiences. And different customers have different expectations. I expect anything on Directv to look better than anything on my local analog cable. Still images look remarkedly better on Directv locals. But any type of movement or action looks like complete crap. That darn compression!

I'm sorry to hear that - I know how bad that can look. All the new locals are going through the same sat, right ? Weird that we'd have it better. I wonder how much affect the source station has on the quality ?
stumbleshoe is offline Report Bad Post Report Post