TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 03-02-2005, 12:31 AM   #31 (Print)
jimpmc

Another thing I've noticed is that if I exit the app on the TiVo (hit TiVo button or live TV) and then try to go back on TiVo, I get an error message on the TiVo: "An error occurred while running the application. The application closed during a read (0x50006)." On the PC side, I see:

Adding uri:musicnote.png
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music.handleEvent(Music.java:1 38)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeObject.postEvent(HmeObject.java:79)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.StreamResource.postEvent(StreamResource.jav a:109)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:453)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication$StackFrame.doEnter(BApplic ation.jav
a:439)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.push(BApplication.java:244 )
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.push(BApplication.java:213 )
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music.init(Music.java:124)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handleHME(Listen er.java:4
74)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handle(Listener. java:525)

at com.tivo.hme.http.server.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.j ava:92)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler$Acceptor.run(Lis tener.jav
a:564)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
328662ms: 192.168.0.2 handleHTTP: /jukebox/icon.png
Adding uri:icon.png

Hope that helps.

-J
jimpmc is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-02-2005, 07:01 PM   #32 (Print)
dabulls19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpmc
Another thing I've noticed is that if I exit the app on the TiVo (hit TiVo button or live TV) and then try to go back on TiVo, I get an error message on the TiVo: "An error occurred while running the application. The application closed during a read (0x50006)."

Great app, one problem for me is the error mentioned above. I have tried exiting the app via "Tivo button", "Live TV", and the recommended "PiP button", all produce this error when I try to restart the app in Tivo. Sorry I have not copied the PC side of the error, if it helps I will be more than glad to duplicate and copy it on this forum. Keep up the good work!!!
dabulls19 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #33 (Print)
steveybaby535

This error is a pain in the butt! Ive even managed to recreate it in the Tivo supplied sample music application - my java isn't good enough to know why it is being caused unfortunately.

I have posted the question to the HME developers mail list and im hoping that they will come to my rescue!

In other news, i'm currently seriously refactoring a lot of the app and adding some really cool features you guys should like. Im also going to be releasing a new supporting website that i will use to track progress, bugs, features, etc. If all goes well I should have all this ready by end of today....
steveybaby535 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #34 (Print)
steveybaby535

Version 0.3 released

A new version of the app is out - I've started a new versioning scheme - so this one is now known as 0.3.

You can download from here: http://www.sharpers.com/jukebox

FIXED BUGS
===========
- Bunch of refactoring completed to make the code faster and more efficient.
- Fixed bugs with folders containing "miscellaneous" files
- Track number sorting working properly

NEW FEATURES
==============
- Play List loading and Saving: To save: press a num key to save the current playlist. It will tell you the filename when you press the numkey. To load a playlist: use the new top level menu. This feature will let you load any winamp playlist that exists in your music root directory (future feature will be to make the playlist location configurable)

- Top level menu: lets you access the playlist editor and load new playlists.

- Remove playlist entries by pressing the "clear" key.

- Added Artist to the playlist editor

- REMOVED the PiP exit key to try and fix the "app exiting bug" - this still isnt working cleanly though

- New help screen (info button)

- New sexy "now playing" label

Enjoy the new version - and keep the suggestions and bug reports coming!

Last edited by steveybaby535 : 03-02-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:11 AM   #35 (Print)
dabulls19

Keep it up Steve. Haven't tried the new version yet, wanna let you know that I experienced the "Tivo reboot" error that was discussed earlier. I was in my main music folder directory (which has many, many subfolders) and was Arrowing DOWN at the time. I hit the button a couple times as it froze (for about 5seconds) and then my Tivo rebooted.

Hope it helps.

Also don't know if this is possible but support for iTunes Playlists would be good. I can currently export a playlist as a .xml file so maybe support for a .xml file playlist? Again don't know if it's possible and thanks for the sweet app.
dabulls19 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-03-2005, 12:13 AM   #36 (Print)
steveybaby535

Cheers for the support - can you email an example xml file to stevespam2000-a at yahoo.com please? Ill take a look at the format and see what I can do...

Please, also, try the newer version - I think I may have solved a lot of the rebooting problems - theres just the big problem left with the app dissapearing when you hit any of the exit buttons...
Old 03-03-2005, 02:08 AM   #37 (Print)
steveybaby535

If you wish to use Itunes playlists with the Tivo Jukebox, try this program for converting the Itunes playlist into M3U format - then dump the m3u files into your music root....http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/
Old 03-03-2005, 02:24 AM   #38 (Print)
jimpmc

Thanks for the update. I fired it up, and unfortunately I got a TiVo reboot within 5 minutes of use...part of the log is below. I also wasn't sure if the "sexy now playing" label referred to the rotating display on the bottom or something within the playlist editor. What I did notice within the playlist editor is that if I right click on a track, it brings up a screen "Track Information", but that screen is blank.

-J

Code:
Directory:s:\music\!Divx AVIs\Baby Beethoven Music[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,rsrc 1927 is not of type RSRC_ANIM) in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Load playlist open the load playlist screen in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Edit current playlist open the edit playlist screen java.io.FileNotFoundException: s:\music\s:\music\BT\Rare & Remixed (Disc 2)\03 - BT - Fibonacci Sequence - BT.mp3 (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect) at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method) at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source) at helliker.id3.MPEGAudioFrameHeader.<init>(MPEGAudioFrameHeader.java:27 2) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:201) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:150) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:130) at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MusicInfo.<init>(MusicInfo.java:68) at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.PlayListScreen.handleAction(Pl ayListScr een.java:285) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:193) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BScreen.handleEvent(BScreen.java:138) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:449) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleKeyPress(BView.java:237) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeObject.handleEvent(HmeObject.java:92) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:200) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:449) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchKeyEvent(BApplicat ion.java: 153) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchEvent(BApplication .java:125 ) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.readEvents(Application.java:484 ) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handleHME(Listen er.java:4 84) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handle(Listener. java:525) at com.tivo.hme.http.server.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.j ava:92) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler$Acceptor.run(Lis tener.jav a:564) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) java.io.FileNotFoundException: s:\music\s:\music\BT\Rare & Remixed (Disc 1)\04 - BT - Shame (Way Out West Mix) - BT.mp3 (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect) at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method) at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source) at helliker.id3.MPEGAudioFrameHeader.<init>(MPEGAudioFrameHeader.java:27 2) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:201) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:150) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:130) at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MusicInfo.<init>(MusicInfo.java:68) at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.PlayListScreen.handleAction(Pl ayListScr een.java:285) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:193) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BScreen.handleEvent(BScreen.java:138) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:449) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleKeyPress(BView.java:237) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeObject.handleEvent(HmeObject.java:92) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:200) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:449) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchKeyEvent(BApplicat ion.java: 153) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchEvent(BApplication .java:125 ) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.readEvents(Application.java:484 ) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handleHME(Listen er.java:4 84) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handle(Listener. java:525) at com.tivo.hme.http.server.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.j ava:92) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler$Acceptor.run(Lis tener.jav a:564) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) request to play track: \BT\Rare & Remixed (Disc 2)\03 - BT - Fibonacci Sequence - BT.mp3 Connection reset by peer: socket write error 705464ms: 192.168.0.2 handleHTTP: /jukebox/%5CBT%5CRare%20%26%20Remixed%20(Disc% 202)%5C03%20-%20BT%20-%20Fibonacci%20Sequence%20-%20BT.mp3 in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Edit current playlist open the edit playlist screen java.io.FileNotFoundException: s:\music\s:\music\BT\Rare & Remixed (Disc 2)\03 - BT - Fibonacci Sequence - BT.mp3 (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect) at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method) at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source) at helliker.id3.MPEGAudioFrameHeader.<init>(MPEGAudioFrameHeader.java:27 2) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:201) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:150) at helliker.id3.MP3File.<init>(MP3File.java:130) at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MusicInfo.<init>(MusicInfo.java:68) at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.PlayListScreen.handleAction(Pl ayListScr een.java:285) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:193) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BScreen.handleEvent(BScreen.java:138) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:449) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleKeyPress(BView.java:237) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeObject.handleEvent(HmeObject.java:92) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:200) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:449) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchKeyEvent(BApplicat ion.java: 153) at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchEvent(BApplication .java:125 ) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.readEvents(Application.java:484 ) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handleHME(Listen er.java:4 84) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handle(Listener. java:525) at com.tivo.hme.http.server.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.j ava:92) at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler$Acceptor.run(Lis tener.jav a:564) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Edit current playlist open the edit playlist screen in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Yes, Save this playlist Saving playlist 0 in folder s:\music #EXTINF:383,Shame (Way Out West Mix) - BT \BT\Rare & Remixed (Disc 1)\04 - BT - Shame (Way Out West Mix) - BT.mp3 #EXTINF:398,Fibonacci Sequence - BT \BT\Rare & Remixed (Disc 2)\03 - BT - Fibonacci Sequence - BT.mp3 in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Load playlist open the load playlist screen in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Browse music directory open the browse music screen Directory:null Directory:s:\music Miscellaneous music folder detected. Directory:null Directory:s:\music\!Divx AVIs Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Old 03-03-2005, 02:37 AM   #39 (Print)
steveybaby535

"sexy now playing thing" is the flashy thing at the bottom (ok - so I was exagerating...).

You found a valid bug - it should be fixed now - please redownload from http://www.sharpers.com/jukebox

Im intrigued by the Tivo reboot - mine never reboots...the application will dissapear - but no reboot. What type of files are in your "s:\music\!Divx AVIs" directory? <thinks...wonder if its that exclamation mark.....> [edit - nope, mine works fine with exclamations in the folder name....can you let me know a bit more about that folder and its contents please to help me debug this?]
Old 03-03-2005, 02:51 AM   #40 (Print)
jimpmc

The track info screen now works. The reboots seem more random, as I had another one while browsing another folder. The !DiVx AVIs folder contains a bunch of subfolders and some .avi clips. I'm not sure it's anything specific to that folder, as I can't systematically reproduce it by browsing into it.

-J
Old 03-03-2005, 03:01 AM   #41 (Print)
jimpmc

Yet another reboot...here's the info on the PC side:

Code:
in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Browse music directory open the browse music screen Directory:null Directory:s:\music Miscellaneous music folder detected. Directory:null Directory:s:\music\!Divx AVIs Directory:null Directory:s:\music\10,000 Maniacs Directory:null Directory:s:\music\10,000 Maniacs\Our Time In Eden in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Add song to playlist adding \10,000 Maniacs\Our Time In Eden\01 - 10,000 Maniacs - Noah's Dove.mp3 to the playlist... in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Edit current playlist open the edit playlist screen request to play track: \10,000 Maniacs\Our Time In Eden\01 - 10,000 Maniacs - No ah's Dove.mp3 Connection reset by peer: socket write error 150176ms: 192.168.0.2 handleHTTP: /jukebox/%5C10%2C000%20Maniacs%5COur%20Time%20 In%20Eden%5C01%20-%2010%2C000%20Maniacs%20-%20Noah's%20Dove.mp3 in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Edit current playlist open the edit playlist screen request to play track: \France Gall\Babacar\05 - France Gall - Ella, Elle l'A.mp 3 421456ms: 192.168.0.2 handleHTTP: /jukebox/%5CFrance%20Gall%5CBabacar%5C05%20-%2 0France%20Gall%20-%20Ella%2C%20Elle%20l'A.mp3 in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Browse music directory open the browse music screen Directory:null Directory:s:\music Miscellaneous music folder detected. Directory:null Directory:s:\music\!Divx AVIs Directory:null Directory:s:\music\!Divx AVIs\Baby Beethoven Directory:null Directory:s:\music\Alphaville Directory:null Directory:s:\music\Alphaville\The Singles Collection in the music info event handler:push lets do something: Add song to playlist adding \Alphaville\The Singles Collection\01 - Alphaville - Forever Young [Speci al Extended Mix].mp3 to the playlist... request to play track: \10,000 Maniacs\Our Time In Eden\01 - 10,000 Maniacs - No ah's Dove.mp3 Connection reset by peer: socket write error 450668ms: 192.168.0.2 handleHTTP: /jukebox/%5C10%2C000%20Maniacs%5COur%20Time%20 In%20Eden%5C01%20-%2010%2C000%20Maniacs%20-%20Noah's%20Dove.mp3 Request for playlist... now playing got moved request to play track: \France Gall\Babacar\05 - France Gall - Ella, Elle l'A.mp 3 Connection reset by peer: socket write error 463377ms: 192.168.0.2 handleHTTP: /jukebox/%5CFrance%20Gall%5CBabacar%5C05%20-%2 0France%20Gall%20-%20Ella%2C%20Elle%20l'A.mp3 request to play track: \Alphaville\The Singles Collection\01 - Alphaville - Fore ver Young [Special Extended Mix].mp3 Connection reset by peer: socket write error 464639ms: 192.168.0.2 handleHTTP: /jukebox/%5CAlphaville%5CThe%20Singles%20Colle ction%5C01%20-%20Alphaville%20-%20Forever%20Young%20%5BSpecial%20Extended%20Mix% 5D.mp3 Connection reset by peer: socket write error
Old 03-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #42 (Print)
steveybaby535

Are you able to get the reboot to happen after following a set routine or navigating to a certain point?

I need some more to go on in order to figure out what the issue is - can you try and isolate a specific set of steps that causes the reboot?

Maybe give me some stats/info on what is on your system. For example, I have a folder with 179 mp3's in it that I can navigate and play tracks in - how many folders and tracks are we talking about here?

Does this happen when you are scrolling through a playlist?
Or scrolling through folders?
Or adding tracks or albums to the playlist?
Or skipping backwards or forwards through playlist tracks?

How about your hardware? Spec of your pc? What model Tivo? What version of Java?

Sorry for all the questions - but as im not able to recreate the problem, its tough to figure out what is going on.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 03-03-2005, 10:18 AM   #43 (Print)
dropd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabulls19
Also don't know if this is possible but support for iTunes Playlists would be good. I can currently export a playlist as a .xml file so maybe support for a .xml file playlist? Again don't know if it's possible and thanks for the sweet app.

Not to take away from Steve's Jukebox, which looks very good, but I'll hopefully be releasing an iTunes Library player for Tivo within the next week or two. This will let folks on both mac AND windows use their itunes library structure (playlists, library organization, etc). The built-in tivo desktop for mac already does this, but the windows version to my knowledge does not run off the itunes library. Also hopefully my interface will (eventually) be more advanced than tivo's

I'll also be making available separately my iTunesLibrary parser for anyone (Steve or otherwise) who wants to use it to build their own java front-end interfaces to their iTunes music library (for Tivo, or otherwise).
dropd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-03-2005, 12:42 PM   #44 (Print)
steveybaby535

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropd
I'll also be making available separately my iTunesLibrary parser for anyone (Steve or otherwise) who wants to use it to build their own java front-end interfaces to their iTunes music library (for Tivo, or otherwise).

Thanks for the offer So what does the ituneslibrary format give me that Im not able to derive from file/folder/ID tag combinations?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #45 (Print)
dropd

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveybaby535
Thanks for the offer So what does the ituneslibrary format give me that Im not able to derive from file/folder/ID tag combinations?

It saves users of iTunes an extra step -- they can let iTunes manage their files and folders however it wants, and the iTunes Music Library.xml file tells you where to find each mp3, and already has all the ID3 information pulled into the xml so you don't have to examine each mp3 file for that data.

Basically, it's useful for itunes users because they don't have to do anything special (like convert their itunes playlists into .m3u format via a third-party program, etc).

For folks that don't use iTunes as their primary music player application, it doesn't give you anything. which is why there's always room for the plain old file/folder/id3 approach for those who need it.
dropd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #46 (Print)
ajwillys

Absolutely awesome app.

Thanks for taking my suggestion and running with it. Exactly what I need for letting people browse my music selection without messing up the current song.

Only suggestion I have is to create a way to specify multiple folders for where music is located in the parameter passing without them needing to be a subfolder of another (for diff. partitions, networked music, etc..). Just a thought.

Again, friggin' awesome man!
ajwillys is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #47 (Print)
ajwillys

Can't post what I want til I get to 5 posts.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 PM   #48 (Print)
ajwillys

After a few minutes of playing with this new app, I've had two reboots. Both times seems to have something to do with trying the playlists. I did notice that before the reboot, when I navigate to a screen that should show files, the screen is completely blank. However, if I navigate to a screen I've seen before ( in the current instance of the app), the files are there. Not sure why that would be.

On the pc side, error message follows:

Directory:F:\MyMusic\COUNTING CROWS\AUGUST_AND_EVERYTHING_AFTER
Directory:null
Directory:F:\MyMusic\COURSE OF NATURE
Directory:F:\MyMusic\COURSE OF NATURE\SUPERKALA
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at java.util.Vector.get(Unknown Source)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BList.get(BList.java:537)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MainMenu.handleAction(MainMenu .java:153)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:193)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BScreen.handleEvent(BScreen.java:138)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:449)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MainList.handleKeyPress(MainLi st.java:74)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeObject.handleEvent(HmeObject.java:92)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:200)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchKeyEvent(BApplicat ion.java:153)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchEvent(BApplication .java:125)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.readEvents(Application.java:484 )
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handleHME(Listen er.java:484)

at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler$Acceptor.run(Lis tener.java:564)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)in the music info event handlerush
lets do something: Browse music directory
open the browse music screen
Directory:F:\MyMusic
Miscellaneous music folder detected.
Connection reset by peer: socket write error

The "F:\MyMusic\COUNTING CROWS\AUGUST_AND_EVERYTHING_AFTER" is the first screen with no files were listed.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:44 PM   #49 (Print)
steveybaby535

Hey there - thanks for the feedback - can you check your PM please - I would like to chat to you more about the error

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #50 (Print)
steveybaby535

Latest version -

Available here

New features:

- redesigned graphics to help readability
- dynamically updated playlist editor (now playing indication is always accurate)
- progress indication - timer AND progress bar
- screen headings now display folder name

Feedback, as always, appreciated.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #51 (Print)
steveybaby535

IMPORTANT NOTE TO USERS OF JUKE BOX

I just had a debugging session with rocketslc from the community here.

I think I know why some of you are seeing reboots - you need to change the way you are using jukebox a little bit (and I need to clean up a little bit in the code!)

INSTEAD of navigating all the way to a track and viewing the tracks information screen and then selecting the "add to playlist" option - try selecting the track or album you wish to add to the playlist and pressing the "ENTER" key. This shortcut key not only makes the jukebox app far easier to use it will prevent TIVO rebooting like you have been seeing!

Hope this makes the app more useable to those of you that had this problem.

And now get onto my site and download the latest version !
Old 03-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #52 (Print)
Rocketslc
April 15 = no cash

Angry

Well I got the latest version.
Gets as far as main menu then totally locks up my tivo until I terminate the runme.bat

"""
Mar 4, 2005 8:41:49 PM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music init
INFO: Jukebox Application Starting.
Mar 4, 2005 8:41:50 PM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music$MusicFactory getMusic
Path
FINE: Retrieving the music path from the music factory.
Mar 4, 2005 8:41:50 PM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music init
FINE: Setting music path to D:\Music\mp3
Mar 4, 2005 8:41:50 PM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music init
FINE: About to push a TopMenu screen
""
Then it just hangs there

so much for my help
Rocketslc is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #53 (Print)
Rocketslc
April 15 = no cash

Okay. This was my oops.
I forced the Tivo to restart and everthing is great
New menus are really nice. Thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 02:13 AM   #54 (Print)
KRKeegan
Im lost and confused

cool

here is the command to run in linux not if anyone needed it:

java -classpath "/home/krkeegan/Files/jukebox/hme.jar:/home/krkeegan/Files/jukebox/bananas.jar:/home/krkeegan/Files/jukebox/helliker.jar:/home/krkeegan/Files/jukebox/jukebox.jar" com.tivo.hme.sdk.Factory com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music "/mnt/hdb1/Mp 3 New"

I can see up to my folders but I can't get past artist name and it just stops. If I don't have subfolders with album would this cause the problem?

Nice job though looks great.
KRKeegan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-05-2005, 10:49 AM   #55 (Print)
Unix_Beard

Good news and bad news on my end. Good news is I have the app running on MacOS X (10.3.7) but the bad news is its not acting properly - I can't navigate beyond the artist listing.

How to get this running on MacOS X.
1. Copy jukebox.jar, helliker.jar, hme.jar, and bananas.jar to
/System/Library/Java/Extensions
2. Run the proper command in Terminal:
java com.tivo.hme.sdk.Factory com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music "/Volumes/Files/Music"

Now, once I go into Jukebox, I go to browse Albums or Artists or whatever it says and I'm happily presented with my list of artists. (If it means anything, the library is a typical iTunes system: A Music folder with a folder for each artist inside and then a folder for each album inside that.) I arrow down to an artist, hit SELECT or right-arrow and nothing happens. I can't get any deeper than that.

Below is a snippet of what reads out on my console with the NullPointerException repeated over and over (presumably for every time I hit a button):

2071ms: Registered http://192.168.123.109:7288/jukebox/
120444ms: 192.168.123.192 handleHTTP: /jukebox/icon.png
122658ms: 192.168.123.192 handleHTTP: /jukebox/
122683ms: 192.168.123.192 connect: http://192.168.123.109:7288/jukebox/
Mar 5, 2005 10:34:26 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music init
INFO: Jukebox Application Starting.
Mar 5, 2005 10:34:27 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music$MusicFactory getMusicPath
FINE: Retrieving the music path from the music factory.
Mar 5, 2005 10:34:27 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music init
FINE: Setting music path to /Volumes/Files/Music
Mar 5, 2005 10:34:27 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music init
FINE: About to push a TopMenu screen
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ArrayList.toArray(ArrayList.java:301)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.helpers.MusicFileNavigator.get CurrentFolders(MusicFileNavigator.java:221)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MainMenu.<init>(MainMenu.java:62)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MainMenu.handleAction(MainMenu .java:179)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MainList.handleKeyPress(MainLi st.java:74)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

Is there a requirement for the directory structure its looking for? Thanks.

If it helps, I first ran the earlier version (with release notes from 2/25) and got a slightly different listing in my console. This one shows the Artist I selected over and over again. I included the first:

1909ms: Registered http://192.168.123.109:7288/jukebox/
69724ms: 192.168.123.192 handleHTTP: /jukebox/icon.png
617576ms: 192.168.123.192 handleHTTP: /jukebox/icon.png
623245ms: 192.168.123.192 handleHTTP: /jukebox/
623270ms: 192.168.123.192 connect: http://192.168.123.109:7288/jukebox/
Adding uri:blue.jpg
Adding uri:com/sharpers/tivo/hme/jukebox/bar.png
Adding uri:com/sharpers/tivo/hme/jukebox/left.png
Adding uri:com/sharpers/tivo/hme/jukebox/right.png
Directory:/Volumes/Files/Music
Adding uri:musicnote.png

Directory:/Volumes/Files/Music\Blues Traveler
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ArrayList.toArray(ArrayList.java:301)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.helpers.MusicFileNavigator.get CurrentFiles(MusicFileNavigator.java:252)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MainMenu.<init>(MainMenu.java:60)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.MainMenu.handleAction(MainMenu .java:155)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleKeyPress(BView.java:237)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

Does it have to do with the wierd slash in this line?:

Directory:/Volumes/Files/Music\Blues Traveler

Is it using some sort of DOS convention for the slash? DOS uses backward slashes, right?

Last edited by Unix_Beard : 03-05-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Unix_Beard is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-05-2005, 11:05 AM   #56 (Print)
Unix_Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRKeegan
here is the command to run in linux not if anyone needed it:

java -classpath "/home/krkeegan/Files/jukebox/hme.jar:/home/krkeegan/Files/jukebox/bananas.jar:/home/krkeegan/Files/jukebox/helliker.jar:/home/krkeegan/Files/jukebox/jukebox.jar" com.tivo.hme.sdk.Factory com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music "/mnt/hdb1/Mp 3 New"

I can see up to my folders but I can't get past artist name and it just stops. If I don't have subfolders with album would this cause the problem?

Nice job though looks great.

I just read your post after posting mine below. Looks like Linux and MacOS X folks are in the same boat. It looks to me that the app appends a DOS style back slash to the folder name it attempts to navigate to.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:27 AM   #57 (Print)
jimpmc

Some thoughts about the new version:

- From the playlist editor, if I click on a track to see it's track information, the "Return to list" menu (something like that) actually adds the track again to the playlist. You have to go in and out of the playlist for it to show, but when you do return, the track is added at the end. I believe that's a remnant of the old playlist track screen.

- I'll try using the enter key to minimize reboots...last night when I tried it before you posted that tip, it rebooted 2 times in 10 minutes.

- It would be nice if the playlist screen or playlist track info screen showed the album art also.

- I don't know if it's possible, but many of my tracks have embedded art within the mp3 track itself and don't use the folder.jpg. I have no idea whether it would be possible to access the embedded art...otherwise I suppose I could always run a utility to have it exist both ways.

-J
Old 03-05-2005, 09:19 PM   #58 (Print)
steveybaby535

OK - Ive:

- Implemented album art on the playlist music info screen
- Fixed the problem with the slashes - can you mac and unix users try again please?
- Fixed the bug where playlist entries were being readded

Enjoy

download here
Old 03-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #59 (Print)
Unix_Beard

Thanks! The new version does indeed fix the slash issue. I can operate it normally.

However, when I go Artist > Album the songs are listed dashes (-) with no titles. All of my tracks have ID3 tags. No info is displayed except for length. The Playlist created also just shows dashes.

Awesome job by the way.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #60 (Print)
Rocketslc
April 15 = no cash

Just curious. I understand that different apps like Winamp, NeroMediaPlayer, or K-MP3 create playlists (all with a m3u suffix) in slightly different formats, and apparently only the Winamp variety works with jukebox. However even with winamp the playlist has a lower case m3u file type and Jukebox seems to only recognize playlist with an upper case M3U.

Last edited by Rocketslc : 03-06-2005 at 12:01 PM.