July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2005, 04:39 PM   #1 (Print)
Furball
Totally TiVo

Thumbs up TiVo Customer Service

I dont post a great deal but watch all you guys a fair bit.

Its been a few years since owning my TiVo and have decided to bring my 70yr old mum into the 21st century this Christmas with a TiVo

Scanned E-bay and followed a few and was surprised at the money they were fetching

Anyhow grabbed a bargain in the end and bought it back home, it was on a £10 mth contract so needed to phone CS for a lifetime.

Jumped on the phone to them and once again TiVo CS were the BEST , they have got to be the best CS in the land.
The guy on the other end of the phone was just perfect, asked all the right questions sorted out the lifetime sub , even gave me the option to allow my mother to be able to use the account with a password ( not sure why she would want to on a LT sub ? ) and lastly asked me if I would like to have a welcome msg on the account for my mother if she was to phone them

We even chatted a bit about TiVo and life in general , I tried like we all do to tackle him about TiVo's presence in the UK but he gave little away He did say that its been pretty busy at CS with all the TiVos moving about on e-bay due to crimble and he sort of said that TiVo were well aware of the UK ebay presence of TiVo buying and selling , not sure what he meant by that

The LT sub Status 5: was engaged within 24hrs of putting the call through

So once again TiVo are the greatest and the best , long live TiVo and their superb customer service.
There are a lot of CS's that could take a leaf out of TiVo's CS

Fur
Furball is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #2 (Print)
digital_S

Well said Fur, I agree with you 100%

Grand Prix Magazine
digital_S is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:31 PM   #3 (Print)
6022tivo
A Happy Member

On thing I will add, I have seen a few threads recently that suggest some ebay tivo's become "faulty" in-transit. If I or anyone is thinking about buying one on ebay, I would suggest a £10 PCM for the first month to check it is reliable, then after a month go for the lifetime if you want it.

Pioneer 505XDE
6022tivo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:34 AM   #4 (Print)
Furball
Totally TiVo

You are quite right 6022, for others I would highly recomend this.

I did a good bit of research on e-bay and picked my seller very carefully, also veiwed the unit first.
No way was I going to purchase one if I couldnt see the unit in action, also I wasnt going to pay the silly ebay prices

So eventually found a seller who was actually moving abroard, pretty good reason for selling TiVo I recon otherwise why the hell would you want to sell one and caught them in a panic to get shot as they were actually off on their travels within a day or so the auction finished, so I made a reasonable offer and took it away sorry to anyone who was watching it

I am not a lover of getting people to end their auctions early as I never do this to mine and hate it when people ask me to

Been setting it up ready for my mum and had fogotton how long it takes to do a total reset , number crunched for over an hour deleting before getting down to the nitty gritty of dialing up.

I've actually got to read the instruction book , as I have found because she will be using it on a standard ariel connection with just 4 channels, it requires you to enter the actual RF channel number rather than just 1, 2, 3, or 4 to change channel not sure if I can change this in the set up.

Fur
Old 12-19-2005, 04:45 AM   #5 (Print)
cwaring

Send a message via MSN to cwaring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball
I've actually got to read the instruction book , as I have found because she will be using it on a standard ariel connection with just 4 channels, it requires you to enter the actual RF channel number rather than just 1, 2, 3, or 4 to change channel not sure if I can change this in the set up.

Sorry, but no you can't

Telewest Active Digital with Pace 2000 STB
Now with added Tivoweb!
Tivo TV Ads & PDF Manuals
cwaring is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:53 AM   #6 (Print)
6022tivo
A Happy Member

To be honest Furball, I would invest in a £30 Freeview box, then at least they can use the standard channel numbers and also have a load more channels. Assuming they can receive Freeview???

Have a quick check for a good compatible box that works great with tivo. Loads of threads on these?

Pioneer 505XDE
Old 12-19-2005, 04:57 AM   #7 (Print)
Furball
Totally TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaring
Sorry, but no you can't

Bottoms

Thanks , saved me reading the manual , oh well she will have to learn the new channel numbering I suppose , then it will all change again when we buy her a freeveiw box to add to it later in the year

I am sure she will cope , after all she said she couldnt cope or even wanted a computer connected to the internet, well that was until I got her one, then when the PSU went pop a few months ago you should have heard her, it sounded like some one had cut her right arm off rather than her just losing her PC for a few days while I swopped a PSU over

Who says you cant teach a old dog new tricks

Fur
Old 12-19-2005, 05:01 AM   #8 (Print)
Furball
Totally TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6022tivo
To be honest Furball, I would invest in a £30 Freeview box, then at least they can use the standard channel numbers and also have a load more channels. Assuming they can receive Freeview???

Have a quick check for a good compatible box that works great with tivo. Loads of threads on these?

Currently the freeview post code checker says she cannot , but then again it says we cant and I tried the other day and it was fine

My brother lives next door to her and we have bought him a free veiw box this year for crimble as a bit of a test to see if it will or wont work

Once we get confirmation then I suspect we will go down that route.

How about that eh , some bugger buys you a present for crimble not knowing if it will work , I did actually say to him that his present might not work this year, you should have seen his face

Fur
Old 12-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #9 (Print)
njh

When there are only a handful of analogue terrestrial channels it is probably easier to step through them with the channel up/down buttons, or use Live-TV twice to bring up a menu of channels to pick from, rather than typing a channel number?

Old 12-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #10 (Print)
Furball
Totally TiVo

This might have have already been covered but couldnt find anything on a search so it might be new

Well just got my TiVo welcome letter for the LT sub on my mums new ( ebay new ) TiVo.
It goes on about thanking me for choosing TiVo blah blah blah BUT towards the end I read this.........

Quote:
We're preparing for an entertainment future unlike anything before imagined - and one that goes well beyond TV as we know it today.

So what does this mean eh

Does this mean there is something in the pipe line for the UK in the not to distant future

Lets hope so , I for one cant wait for a new version of TiVo thats freeview ready with twin tuners, DVD recorder, network ready, with USB hosting, multi card reader, and built in drinks dispencer

Of course it could just be the standard letter they have been sending out for years I couldnt find my old letter for my other TiVo sub so I dont know if its the same letter

Fur
Old 12-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #11 (Print)
6022tivo
A Happy Member

Same as on my letter which is about 3-4 years old

Pioneer 505XDE
Old 12-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #12 (Print)
Furball
Totally TiVo

Doh