July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #1 (Print)
dirkthecow

help - programme data about to run out!

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help. I bought an upgraded Tivo with Tivoweb via ebay a few months ago. It's worked fine until now - it has failed to make a daily call and update programme data since 14 December, which means it is shortly going to run out.

I've tried rebooting and forcing a daily call with no joy. On Tivoweb it basically says 'failed, service unavailable' after housekeeping.

I must admit that I bought the unit to plug and play and so don't really know the ins and outs of how to change things around. I've read in the posts that I could get Tivo to try updating via the phone line instead. How would I change the setting from network to phone line?

Is there something simple or straight forward that I could try that I am missing?

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!
dirkthecow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-26-2005, 03:59 AM   #2 (Print)
iankb

How are you connecting to the internet? Modem/Router, or via a PC? Check for any changes to the firewall settings, especially if you've just upgraded to WinXP SP2.

To change to using a modem, run 'nic_config_tivo' at the bash prompt.

For gold text on leather in TiVoWeb, try the redbook, bluebook, greenbook and blackbook themes, now updated with button menus
iankb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-26-2005, 05:50 AM   #3 (Print)
dirkthecow

Hi, thanks for that - the command worked and the programme is updating as we speak. My Tivo is connected to an apple airport station and then through NTL broadband.

I am sure this has been posted on the forum already, but the terminal application on my mac didn't manage to get the bash prompt working, I had to download a telnet programme (in this case 'Mocha') from Tucows.
dirkthecow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post