Old 06-10-2004, 10:56 AM   #121 (Print)
Petepacer

*lurker comes out of the closet to post*

Glory, glory hallelujah!!!!!
Petepacer is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-10-2004, 01:40 PM   #122 (Print)
btenison
Yo! Tivo Forever!

Faxed mine in two days ago. Waiting on the phone call. I had to call DirecTV about my local-in-local from DirecTV 7S, they didn't seem confused at all. Unfortunately, Pegasux still has my account, and I had to call them to sent another signal to turn on my locals.
btenison is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #123 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Send a message via AIM to tfederov
The latest news

DJ Crt Denies Pegasus Push To Keep DirecTV Distribution Rts
10 Jun 2004 16:06

The U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Portland, Maine, said it couldn't maintain Pegasus Satellite
Television Inc.'s exclusive rights to distribute programming from DirecTV Group Inc. (DTV) on an emergency basis.

However, Judge James Haines Jr. also ruled that DirecTV shouldn't have used information on Pegasus subscribers to
market them DirecTV programming itself.

The satellite television unit of Pegasus Communications Corp. (PGTV) filed for Chapter 11 protection June 2, the
day after DirecTV and the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative terminated their distribution pact.

Pegasus was the largest affiliate of NRTC, with exclusive rights to sell to about 8.4 million rural households, and
claimed the termination of the deal was improper. Pegasus sought Chapter 11 protection in hopes it could retain its exclusive
marketing rights while restructuring, according to a company statement.

Pegasus still has a right to resell DirecTV programming to those customers through Aug. 31, but must contend with
competition. DirecTV now plans to market its programming to rural customers itself.

At a Portland court hearing Thursday, monitored by phone by Dow Jones Newswires, Haines said Pegasus' market share
or rights to market its produce can't be protected from competition by the bankruptcy court according to the evidence he's
seen in the case thus far.

Haines said Pegasus can continue to try to retain its marketing
rights through litigation, which would allow for more discovery and
preparation by attorneys, but he said that he couldn't hold DirecTV to the
contract that it terminated with NRTC at the present time.

DirecTV and Pegasus representatives weren't immediately available for
comment Thursday.

Haines also ruled that there is no question the automatic stay
prohibits DirecTV from obtaining and using Pegasus subscriber information to
try to transition customers to its own service.

When it announced its Chapter 11 filing, Pegasus called the
termination of the contract "unlawful" and said it would seek bankruptcy
court affirmation of the company's distribution rights as well as damages
related to DirecTV and the NRTC's actions.

At the end of 2003, Bala Cynwyd, Pa.-based Pegasus had in excess of
1.1 million subscribers and the exclusive right to distribute DirecTV
services to 8.4 million rural households.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250

Last edited by tfederov : 06-10-2004 at 03:44 PM.
tfederov is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #124 (Print)
mayweb

The "stay" says that Directv can't use existing subscriber information to market directly to Pegasus customers. However, it looks like the toll free number and authorization paperwork will work around that issue as its the customer initiating the request for action by Directv. So as long as we make the first contact, IMHO, directv never knew that we were Pegasus and hence never marketed to us on that basis. That's my 2 cents but we all should stay tuned......... who knows what is around the corner.
mayweb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-10-2004, 04:24 PM   #125 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mayweb
The "stay" says that Directv can't use existing subscriber information to market directly to Pegasus customers. However, it looks like the toll free number and authorization paperwork will work around that issue as its the customer initiating the request for action by Directv. So as long as we make the first contact, IMHO, directv never knew that we were Pegasus and hence never marketed to us on that basis. That's my 2 cents but we all should stay tuned......... who knows what is around the corner.

That'll probably just get rid of that "turn to channel 205" stuff.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #126 (Print)
ntwrkd

Re: Take The Poll.....

Quote:
Originally posted by ntwrkd
Take the poll..............
Pegasux or DirecTV

Any one not voted yet?

ntwrkd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-10-2004, 09:51 PM   #127 (Print)
bkzoller

I had two identical authorization letters from DirecTV in my mail yesterday. The letters were postmarked June 4th and 7th. I called them on June 3rd and 7th, but the second call was in the evening, and I explained that I had already requested the Pegasus information. Did anyone else get two letters, and is the second one being sent out automatically?

Brian
bkzoller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-11-2004, 05:26 AM   #128 (Print)
mayweb

Are the letters personalized or can they be posted here or on the web in a form that all can download and use? Since Pegasux lost there desire to have the Chapter 11 proceeding stop the customer movement, they are already talking about the next court filing. Therefore, we need to get converted NOW if not sooner for the best shot at being in before a court ruling occurs that stops the customer movement...
Old 06-11-2004, 07:38 AM   #129 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

LARGE FILES

I've tried to zip the files and send them seperately, too big to post. All I can recommend is to call DirecTV to get the forms.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-11-2004, 11:54 AM   #130 (Print)
mayweb

Maybe there is someone out there that has a web site that can handle the download traffic? Unfortunately, my bargain basement Yahoo site has data quotas and I am sure it will get maxed out very quickly based on the interest.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:32 PM   #131 (Print)
Martin Tupper
Not Actual Size

Quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
That'll probably just get rid of that "turn to channel 205" stuff.

On the contrary, if DirecTV allows channel 205 messages to be seen by ALL customers, and existing Pegasus customers contact DirecTV to make the switch, that would not be in violation (IMHO)

However, if they use a Pegasus customer list to exclusively send channel 205 messages to existing Pegasus customers, that would be in violation.
Martin Tupper is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #132 (Print)
DJRobX
{E2D9AA00-11F2-4F...

Quote:
Glory, glory hallelujah!!!!!
Don't you mean jumpinjehosephatyehaa!!! ?

-- Rob
DJRobX is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #133 (Print)
modembreath

Here are the documents you're all looking for.
Attached Files
File Type: zip peg2dtv.zip (94.0 KB, 249 views)
modembreath is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-11-2004, 06:01 PM   #134 (Print)
SLOmike

Quote:
Originally posted by modembreath
Here are the documents you're all looking for.

It is great how PDF files are SO much smaller than JPEGs.

2.9 MB to 95 KB.

I just faxed my transfer request to DirecTV after being told by Pegasus it would be $99 for a new dish to get my locals.

Yea...

SLOmike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-11-2004, 10:13 PM   #135 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SLOmike
I just faxed my transfer request to DirecTV after being told by Pegasus it would be $99 for a new dish to get my locals.

Yea...

I hope you told them we were praying for their demise.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #136 (Print)
tradervic

Just called Directv (twice) re transferring from pegasus. Used the 800 number on my directv/tivo invoice and the 800 number on the directv website. Got a different csr each time and both said they were not able to send me any info or forms for the transfer at this time.
tradervic is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-12-2004, 08:32 AM   #137 (Print)
modembreath

Quote:
Originally posted by tradervic
Just called Directv (twice) re transferring from pegasus...

tradervic.
Call 866-235-2500. It's a special Directv number for Pegasus customers who want DTV service.
modembreath is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-12-2004, 09:40 AM   #138 (Print)
mhaider

Do D* customers get charged the $1.75 "Royalty Fee - Total Choice" that's on my bill from Pegasus? If not, I figure my savings from switching to D* is going to be $7.74 + tax because Total Choice Plus w/locals from D* is $42.99, with Pegasus the locals are $5.99 on top of $42.99 for Total Choice Plus. Over the course of a year(s) it adds up and could be applied towards other programming or just plain old extra money in the pocket.

My two cents worth.

BTY....the 1-800-235-2500 number on channel 205 doesn't work, need to dial 1-866-235-2500, the CSR said they are aware of it.
mhaider is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #139 (Print)
WeKnSmith

Quote:
Originally posted by WeKnSmith
I may jumping the gun, but I would be suspicious of the wording of that form. This company is probably a real DirecTV company (authorized agent), but some of the content of the form seems to be inappropriate for the situation.

I spoke with DirecTV, called one of the numbers from their site, and they are looking into it. I am going to try to get a hold of a copy of the form that the folks at 866-235-2500 are sending out. When I do, I am faxing it to a supervisor at DirecTV (per her request).

Currently eating crow. :-)

Just tuned to 205 this morning, and the channel lists the 866-235-2500 number. I still stand by the fact that it seemed suspicious. My form is on the way.

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
SAT-T60 (212HR w/ Lifetime)
DSR6000R (146HR)
2 - HDVR2 (105HR & 105HR w/ 6.2 & HMO)
Series2 80 Hr w/ lifetime
Win MCE (PVR-150MCE & HDTV Wonder)
WeKnSmith is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-12-2004, 11:09 AM   #140 (Print)
Billman

This should prove to be interesting...

I maintain 2 different DirecTV accounts in 2 Different locations (Snowmass Village and Grand Junction, Colorado. Both are (technically) in Pegasux territory. The location in Snowmass with my Tivo, is under Pegasux control (not for long). Location #2 in Grand Junction (non-tivo) is in Pegasux territory but not under their control (I purchased the receiver about 5-6 years ago, when I called DirecTV to activate, they told me I had to call Pegasux to get service...I told them I would return the receiver and get Dish Network or Cable instead...They then changed their tune and signed me up to a DirecTV account bypassing Pegasux somehow). The reason I have kept Pegasux in Snowmass Village is they offer regional locals (Denver locals, which is what the cable Co. offers) for that location, but not offer it them for the Grand Junction area.

I have the announcement on channel 205 in Snowmass Village (my Pegasux receiver), but do not in Grand Junction. So they are using some sort of Pegasux list... But I dont care! Die Pegasus Die!

Old 06-12-2004, 01:06 PM   #141 (Print)
WeKnSmith

Quote:
Originally posted by WeKnSmith
Currently eating crow. :-)

Just tuned to 205 this morning, and the channel lists the 866-235-2500 number. I still stand by the fact that it seemed suspicious. My form is on the way.

Just a thought for Pegasus customers that have paid for lifetime DirecTV DVR (TiVo) service...

I would be careful when requesting transfer to DTV from PegSat. I included an extra letter in my fax stating that I wanted them to make sure to set up my "new" DTV account with the same account number that I currently have with DTV. If you currently have DTV DVR lifetime then you know what I am talking about. I receive a bill every month from PegSat & a second one every month from DTV. The DTV account has its own acct number, and is the one that has the DVR lifetime associated with it. DTV charges me a $1 mirror fee for each DVR receiver (not including the lifetime unit {SAT-T60}). So, I pay $3 to DTV for my DSR6000R & the two HDVR2s. This $3 charge should disappear once I am a DTV subscriber (based on what I have heard from other lifetime DirecTiVo customers).

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
SAT-T60 (212HR w/ Lifetime)
DSR6000R (146HR)
2 - HDVR2 (105HR & 105HR w/ 6.2 & HMO)
Series2 80 Hr w/ lifetime
Win MCE (PVR-150MCE & HDTV Wonder)
WeKnSmith is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-12-2004, 01:12 PM   #142 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Has anyone else tried calling DTV to follow up on their faxes?

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-12-2004, 08:00 PM   #143 (Print)
dlott

Re: LARGE FILES

Quote:
I've tried to zip the files and send them seperately, too big to post. All I can recommend is to call DirecTV to get the forms.

The forms are now posted at DirecTV's website:

http://www.directv.com/see/landing/...ttotransfer.pdf

/Dennis

Samsung SIR-S4040R TiVo
Harmony 659 Remote
dlott is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-12-2004, 10:36 PM   #144 (Print)
SLOmike

Has anybody heard anything back from DirecTV yet?

-Mike

SLOmike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-13-2004, 01:44 AM   #145 (Print)
nazz

Has anyone confirmed that non-Pegasux NRTC subscribers now have a choice on who to go through for the programming?

If switching to national DirecTV would my waivers for national network feeds that my local provider has be a problem?
nazz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-13-2004, 08:40 AM   #146 (Print)
JPriller
just some guy

Quote:
Originally posted by SLOmike
Has anybody heard anything back from DirecTV yet?
And has anybody heard from Pegasus yet? I'm wondering if they aren't going to sock you with a big fee for the switch. DirecTV says they'll give you a matching programming credit, but I'd rather not give Pegasus any more money.

Old 06-13-2004, 08:48 AM   #147 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Man, you guys... I got an ear-full (actually was reading it online... eye-full?) from a Pegasus employee at the dbsforum boards. No response as I just made mine this morning, but how did I do? Might not be a bad idea to get accounts over there and let this guy know what the rest of you think. Sounds like we have someone's attention on the "other side".

JPriller, to answer your question, I followed up again yesterday and they told me to call back in a few days. I'm betting though, we're just gonna have to do our time until it's official.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-13-2004, 09:32 AM   #148 (Print)
JPriller
just some guy

Quote:
JPriller, to answer your question, I followed up again yesterday and they told me to call back in a few days. I'm betting though, we're just gonna have to do our time until it's official.
I got the forms, but I'm gonna wait until next month anyway when my 1-year commitment w/Pegasus is up. I can just see them hitting me for the $150 early cancellation fee. I think I'll wait to get my locals until I'm with DirecTV, they're available starting June 24th but I'm not dealing with Pegasus any more than I have to. That means I got a couple months yet to total Pegasus freedom, but as far as I'm concerned it's all good - just last month we were looking at 2011!

I checked out your dbsforum post, and you forgot one - Pegasus doesn't allow you to self-install a dish. Not last summer when I got mine, anyway. You have to get one of their (very small number of) authorized installers to do it and give Pegasus their installer authorization number on the phone when they call to activate you. Probably you could slip the guys that come out $20 just to call in and activate with your self-installed dish, but it's another layer of hassle you don't get with DirecTV. And needless to say there's no $50 credit for doing the install yourself like some DirecTV package deals offer.

I'm not feeling one bit sorry for Pegasus here. They knew when they signed on to the NRTC deal that the exclusive-reseller party would be over right around now when the original DTV satellite was retired, if they didn't plan for that in their business model then their executives are incompetent morons and their stockholders and employees oughta sue their sorry butts.

Old 06-13-2004, 09:59 AM   #149 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

You may want to add that. I'm not 100% knowledgeable in that area because there was no way I could hook my dish up when I started out.

But the rest was pretty good, eh?

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-13-2004, 10:08 AM   #150 (Print)
JPriller
just some guy

Quote:
You may want to add that. I'm not 100% knowledgeable in that area because there was no way I could hook my dish up when I started out.
I'll wander over there and see about starting up an account.
Quote:
But the rest was pretty good, eh?
I thought you were a little soft on them myself.

And with your sig I can see why some Pegasus folks would be rude to you...