Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 02-24-2005, 12:56 PM   #1 (Print)
Don7070

Records Repeats.

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and I have tried to find answers to the following question using the search, and faqs with no luck.

I like to watch poker shows, but when I put in a keyword "poker", and I choose "first run only" it will still record repeats. It is primarily because there are so many different channels for FSN that run the same show. Is there a way to lock out channels for a keyword recording? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Don7070 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #2 (Print)
BrettStah

There's no way to exclude a channel from a wishlist unless you remove that channel from your "Channels I Receive" list. The only other suggestions I'd have for you are:

1. Turn off the auto-recording feature of the wishlist, and then you can manually go through the matching items, picking and choosing which ones to record, every couple of weeks.

2. Set up some season passes for the poker shows you like, rather than relying on the wishlist to record them.

It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye.
BrettStah is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #3 (Print)
Don7070

Thanks Brett. I think I will just take them off the "channels I recieve" list. Duh, I didn't even think of that. I don't watch those channels, I just Tivo them anyway. Thanks again.
Don7070 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #4 (Print)
EMoMoney
Big and Tall

As for your regarding the first run/repeat question, TiVo uses the infor from the guide. So if the show description doesn't say "repeat" after the description, TiVo will record it.
EMoMoney is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #5 (Print)
BrettStah

EMoMoney, actually Tivo doesn't look for the word "repeat" at all. Instead it looks at some normally hidden data (if available), namely the Original Air Date, if I recall correctly. If that date is present, and the date is within 14 days from the present day, then it is considered a new episode. If this date is not present, the Tivo will err on the side of caution and assume it's a new episode too.

It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye.
BrettStah is offline Report Bad Post Report Post