Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-23-2005, 12:34 AM   #1 (Print)
elrothir

Simulator problem

Feel like I'm banging my head against the wall on something. I've tried to do F8sters Bananas tutorial. I got everything set up, but when I try to run it in the simulator, the simulator opens but it displays: ERROR: File not found: http://xxxxx:xxxx/bananas/ [6]

I'm running JRE 1.5.0_05, HME 1.3 and Bananas 1.3.

The tutorial WILL work to the Tivo, but I was trying to get it to work through the simulator. I installed bananas to C:\Tivo\Bananas_1.3 and my arguments tab is:
com.tivo.hme.samples.bananas.BananasSample and the main class I'm using is:
com.tivo.hme.sim.Simulator.
Both of these are pathed correctly if I look in those directories, I can see the Simulator.java file. I included hme.jar, simulator.jar, bananas.jar and samples.jar.

Another question too: If I want to work on something at work, where I don't have a Tivo available, can I develop and test with the simulator? Or does there have to be some Tivo connection even if doing the Simulator?

Thanks for any assistance!
Scott

elrothir is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:55 AM   #2 (Print)
F8ster
The Very Last One

My Bananas tutorial is still from the 1.1 days. With 1.3, there are a couple of differences you'll need to observe:

- First, you'll need to include the External JAR "hme-host-sample.jar" in your Java Build Path.

- In your Run configuration, use "com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main" as the main class instead of "com.tivo.hme.sim.Simulator".

- Once the app is running, bring up an Explorer window, and double-click simulator.jar. The Simulator will launch, and it will attach to the running application.

I updated my "standard" Eclipse/HME tutorial for HME 1.3/1.4 just the other day; take a look at it, and I think you'll see where the changes are that you need to make:

http://bitrazor.com/content/tivo/hm...lipse_demo1.php

I'll try to update the Bananas tutorial over the long weekend. Post if you can't get this working -- I'm giving instructions from memory, so let me know if this doesn't work.

Re: coding at work, yes, it'll work fine with just the Simulator -- no TiVo required.
F8ster is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-23-2005, 11:08 AM   #3 (Print)
elrothir

Thanks F8ster! That did it! Finally, some progress!

elrothir is offline Report Bad Post Report Post