Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 12-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #1 (Print)
cdorval

HR10-250 or Plain Old H10 ??

I have an R10 Directivo that the Mrs. can't watch TV without. I jumped on the free H10 to dabble in HD. I'm hooked on the HD & the Mrs. is hooked on the R10. She won't consider watching live content. Does this sound like the correct componet is a HR10-250? I'm trying to determine if what I really require is a $400 outlay for 1 box that does it all, or continue to pay for 2 separate boxes. Is it a no-brainer? Is the HR10-250 the right choice now at $400? Is it stable? Comments wanted. Thanks ...
cdorval is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:18 PM   #2 (Print)
ebonovic
A TiVo Junkie...

The HR10-250 is the only DirecTV HD-DVR....

You won't be able to "TiVo" and HD content from an H10/H20 to any TiVo of any type.

I have had the HR10-250 since day one, and thus I watch the greater majority of my proramming via HD... worth every penny, but only if you can get your locals (either via OTA or from the SAT).

Where are you located... As DirecTV is rolling out HD Locals via SAT, but that will require the Q1/2006 release HR20-250 (which is NOT a TiVo based unit, but it will be an HD-DVR)

You may want to wait for a little while.

Non-TiVo DirecTV DVR (R15,HR20) ->
DBSTalk
ebonovic is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #3 (Print)
samberger

so i have what i think is a similiar (or maybe same) question. i'm planning on moving to hd d*tv shortly(like next week...). i live in the sf/bay area, which has recently switched over to mpeg4. i presently have a an r10 d*tv/tivo. would i be able to combine this box with the h20 hdtv receiver so that i could still use tivo(i know, i wouldn't be able to record in hd)? my hope is that i can put off going to the all in one hdtv tivo receiver until the mpeg4 version is available.

also, with mpeg4 up and running, is there any reason that i would also need an ota antenna in addition to the dish?

thanks very much!
samberger is offline Report Bad Post Report Post