Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 02-20-2005, 08:21 PM   #121 (Print)
HomieG
Nowhere Man...

Just got my February bill. Downgraded to TC w/locals from TC Plus w/locals. Also dropped HBO.
Wish I could order a-la-carte as there are a ton of channels I simply don't watch.

Sony KDS-R60XBR1 (60" SXRD)
ChannelMaster 4228 OTA Antenna (in attic)
HDVR2 w/105 Hours (Samsung 120GB)
SONY SAT-A50
HomieG is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #122 (Print)
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Send a message via AIM to Arcady
I had just signed a new one year contract in January when I moved, and then I found out about this price increase in February. I called D* to see if I was grandfathered in or not, and they said I wasn't, but they gave me $6 off my bill for the next 6 months, which is okay with me.
Arcady is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #123 (Print)
kenmac999

Price increase Options

Just read some of replies to the price increase and wanted to let you know what I found out from some "sources". Part of the price increase is from programming and as a result of adding some channels since last year. Directv is also passing along the cost for 4 new satellites being launched to increase their capability to provide HD channels--to include locals over the next 4 years with some as early as December of this year. Found some interesting reading at Directv's website under their news releases

Also found an option to get some programming for as low as $29.99 if you don't mind cutting the number of english channels to about 40. (Directv's Opcion Extra has a total of 80 channels with 26 in Spanish).

I'm actually glad that Directv didn't immediately pass the previous price increases on to us even though their customer agreement did give them that option.
kenmac999 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #124 (Print)
su_A_ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C
I switched to Opicon Ultra as a matter of principle. The $36 or so I will save will not make or break me. Not raising the rates for the Spanish packages tells me that Directv thinks Spanish folks can't afford the rate increase and will leave in droves, while the white folks can afford it. I know programing costs go up but am I to believe that the Spanish channels don't pass along their increased programing costs to the customers. Think about it.

What about "spanish whites" ? Please use terms accordingly...
su_A_ve is offline Report Bad Post Report Post