TiVo Community Forum

TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

View Poll Results: How Important is This to You?
It's so important that I'd pay extra for it. 89 19.47%
It's important but I wouldn't pay extra for it. 289 63.24%
Not important, but I'd probably use it if it was free. 59 12.91%
I'd probably never use it one way or the other. 20 4.38%
Voters: 457. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 06-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #31 (Print)
gapboy9m

Send a message via AIM to gapboy9m
Y isnt TIVO LISTENING???????? we pay money and they dont listen to the comments that on the board WHICH THEY EVEN HAVE THE LINK TO ON THEIR SITE... its not like they dont know about this board.... they should regulary look here for ideas

and if they arent able to make the changes or are in the process of doing so, they should post that..... we deserve to be listened to....

80 gig /unhacked tivo series 2
gapboy9m is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #32 (Print)
BrettStah

It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye.
BrettStah is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-04-2004, 03:36 AM   #33 (Print)
Belgand

I honestly don't want very much, but like many of the irritating little things with my TiVo it's the case that there is something very minor or otherwise trivial to program in. Often something where there is already a bit of functionality except it has been left out of my control (e.g. set a personal default for how many days a program should be kept instead of just always using 2).

All I want to be able to do is to create and label my own folders and sort programs into them myself manually. Automatic sorting would be nice perhaps (say, set the folder to save it to on the recording options screen) but it already does this a bit when I enable grouping.

One of the main uses is to save stuff on the TiVo. I mean, I have a 140 hour model so I often find stuff that I'd like to keep around on the TiVo rather than transfer off to VHS, but I don't want it cluttering up things that have already been watched.

Maybe I just (as others have mentioned) want to stick all my movies into a folder so I can easily sort through them without interfering with more frequently watched programs. I really can't see why this would be such an amazing hassle to program in at just a basic level.
Belgand is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-30-2005, 12:28 AM   #34 (Print)
fdbryant3

Just to add my support

Since this topic already exist and seems to have beaten to death, I'll just add my support and reasons for it.

My household is just me, my wife, dog and one Tivo. My wife and I watch a lot of the same things but often at separate times (too my knowledge the dog doesn't watch ever). So I'll often flag things as not too delete so they won't be until we both have chance to watch them. However, what will happen from time to time is she'll think I have watched something and deleted either cause she isn't interested or has watched it. So it would be useful if we could have folders that we can place programming in. For instance if I have watched something and think she wants to watch I can place in her folder - if she doesn't want to watch it, she can delete it. I could go on but lets just leave at that it would be very useful.

Hope somebody at Tivo is listening.
fdbryant3 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #35 (Print)
sad05
Girl in Gold Boots

Considering how long this thread has gone with no replies or posts, what do you think the odds are someone's going to care what we think/want?

I've owned a tivo for a year and a half - in that time I've seen them roll out the home media option and the Tivo2Go for PC users. But there has been no change in the basic layout of the programming. No options have been added that we've requested.

Clearly Tivo has their own agenda, their own idea of what's important.
sad05 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #36 (Print)
gapboy9m

Send a message via AIM to gapboy9m
y dont ll u send a well thought out comment to TIvo and explain that they need to redo some of their basic layout and stop adding new stuff for a sec... let them know how u feel

80 gig /unhacked tivo series 2
gapboy9m is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #37 (Print)
BigHoov

I'd Give It All Up If Only...

I'd give up all the sorting options if only you would please, please, please list the shows in order from the top so I wouldn't have to always go to the bottom of the list first.

PLEASE!
BigHoov is offline Report Bad Post Report Post