SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 06-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #91 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Send a message via AIM to tfederov
Quote:
Originally posted by JPriller
I doubt they'd know anything with some sort of legal action supposedly pending, and I doubt even more that they'd say "yes" even if they knew that we could.

If anyone wants to call, what they say might be amusing even if it wouldn't be informative, though.

Okay, I called. They said that everything was business as usual even though they are bankrupt. I asked if this means I can switch to DirecTV directly and she said I had to be in DirecTV territory to do that. Looks like in 86 days I will be, eh?

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
tfederov is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-06-2004, 10:15 PM   #92 (Print)
Kathy Earnshaw

Where are the Pegasus Executives?

Pegasus as a company is finally getting its due. But Pegasus has not plagued us all these years--the Owners and Managers of Pegasus have plagued us.

We need to post a list of the senior executives of Pegasus here and insure none of them ever get jobs again in a business serving the public---we have to use what we've learned to protect others.

There needs to be a "I-worked-at-Pegasus" blacklist for future hires.
Kathy Earnshaw is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-06-2004, 10:46 PM   #93 (Print)
schuro

Forgive me if this question has been answered elseware in this thread. Does this change affect all NTRC customers or just Pagasus? Where I live we have DirecTv through 3Rivers in our rural areas. As I read the press release, this should affect all NRTC subscribers.
schuro is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-06-2004, 11:54 PM   #94 (Print)
SLOmike

DirecTV and NRTC have a good relationship and NRTC members (other then Pegasus) can make their own agreements with DirecTV.

Due to previous litigation between Pegasus and DirecTV, things are different with their relationship. DirecTV and NRTC made an agreement a few months ago. Pegasus disagreed with the terms and took the case to court where they lost, therefore they are not included in the agreement.

This is a summary from memory. Please excuse any mistakes.

-Mike

SLOmike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2004, 06:41 AM   #95 (Print)
JPriller
just some guy

Quote:
Originally posted by schuro
Forgive me if this question has been answered elseware in this thread. Does this change affect all NTRC customers or just Pagasus? Where I live we have DirecTv through 3Rivers in our rural areas. As I read the press release, this should affect all NRTC subscribers.
The way I understand it Pegasus is OUT, but all other NRTC resellers may continue to provide DTV (they just no longer have exclusive rights in their NRTC area). New customers can buy through them or buy through DirecTV, existing customers can stay with their NRTC provider or switch if they want. That's my impression, anyway. NRTC providers giving good service will survive, those (like Pegasus) that were just leeching off the cash flowing to DTV will go under.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:38 AM   #96 (Print)
TubaMan-Z
Love good tuba

Quote:
Originally posted by schuro

It affects all NRTC customers (I am one, non-Pegasus, as well). From the post that statrted this thread:

"The NRTC and DIRECTV have further agreed to enter into a new relationship that will provide NRTC members an opportunity to continue to participate as non-exclusive DIRECTV retailers and service providers. "

and

"NRTC members, but not affiliate Pegasus, also will have the option to either enter into direct contracts with DIRECTV to continue as an exclusive provider of DIRECTV service in their territories through June 30, 2011, or, to sell the contract rights to DIRECTV that were negotiated as part of their litigation settlement."

I sent a note to my NRTC provider asking what they planned to do. No response yet.

DirecTV since 1996
RCA DVR39 (144 hrs), 2003, Zippered 12/05
RCA DVR40 (35 hrs), 2004
Philips DSR708 (136 hrs), 2005, Zippered 12/05

<><
TubaMan-Z is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #97 (Print)
Ray Turner

Changing from Pegasus to D*

Maybe this has been answered before, but---
Once the forms from D* have been completed, will we need to contact Pegasus to terminate service?? I've been on P* for 4 years so any contract I had shud have died-I hope!

BTW, the lady at D*'s 866 number said the forms must be in by August 31 or my service will be terminated! This appears to conflict with info on Channel 205.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:06 AM   #98 (Print)
bkzoller

My understanding is that we continue as Pegasus until the date of the "orderly transfer" of the accounts, which is supposed to be no later than August 31, 2004. At that point, we should have our accounts switched to DirecTV with no interruption in service.

I had an interesting experience activating my new HR10-250 with Pegasus. The first phone call caused them to deactivate my access card for a different receiver and still did not properly activate the new receiver. It took three more phone calls and a spare access card to get the whole thing sorted out.

Brian

Last edited by bkzoller : 06-07-2004 at 10:13 AM.
bkzoller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2004, 11:49 AM   #99 (Print)
brywalker

Quote:
I had an interesting experience activating my new HR10-250 with Pegasus. The first phone call caused them to deactivate my access card for a different receiver and still did not properly activate the new receiver. It took three more phone calls and a spare access card to get the whole thing sorted out.

Don't you mean typical experience?
brywalker is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2004, 04:15 PM   #100 (Print)
ntwrkd

I Just Called Pegasux

I just called Pegasus. I got the answer I was expecting. I asked if current subscribers would have the right to transfer their service as per D*'s announcement. The CSR said I would only be able to transfer if I live in a D* territory. (which I will be in after 8/31/04). I told him that I should be able to switch after the date. He wanted to know where I heard that news. I told him D* was broadcasting it on channel 205 (maybe they'll block it). The CSR placed me on hold and after about a minute returned to tell me that this was the first he was hearing of the news and as far as P* was concerned, they would continue to provide service to my (NRTC) territory.
NO SURPRISE HERE! Clueless, uninformed and in denial. What else would we expect? Can't wait for the forms to arrive.................

Last edited by ntwrkd : 06-07-2004 at 05:06 PM.
ntwrkd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2004, 05:16 PM   #101 (Print)
modembreath

FYI: Just go my letter in the mail today.

--------------------------

(1st page...)

Request to Transfer DIRECTV Service
From Pegasus to DIRECTV®

Thanks for asking us to close your Pegasus account and open a DIRECTV® account for you. We're looking forward to serving you! But first, we need your written authorization.

Please complete the enclosed page and find and attach a recent Pegasus bill. You must include your Pegasus bill for us to process your request.
Send both to DIRECTV® in the enclosed envelope, or fax them to: 1-800-456-3282.

When we receive your documents, we will call you to confirm your account transfer and schedule an installation appointment if necessary.

At the time we activate your new DIRECTV® account, we'll close your Pegasus account. If you are currently leasing equipment from Pegasus and need new equipment, or, if you require an equipment upgrade, we'll ask you to agree to keep a DIRECTV Total Choice programming package active for one year. If you are unable to keep this agreement, you may be subject to a cancellation fee of up to $150.00.

You'll need to choose your programming packages from the enclosed brochure and you will receive your services under the terms of the accompanying DIRECTV® Customer Agreement. We may not offer exactly the same package combinations as Pegasus, but we believe most transitioning customers will benefit from the new choices. Any seasonal sports subscriptions you have will continue.

You will be responsible for paying any past due programming fees/balances due to Pegasus on your Final Bill from Pegasus. However, if Pegasus charges you any fee for disconnecting your account, we will offset that with an equal credit on your DIRECTV account. Please save any bills you receive from Pegasus after today so you will have a record of Pegasus charges to submit to DIRECTV to ensure you receive proper credits.

Sincerely, DIRECTV

(2nd page...)

Consent to Transfer DIRECTV® Service
From Pegasus to DIRECTV

1. Complete the spaces on this page and sign at the bottom.
2. Fax or mail us this page, along with a recent Pegasus bill.

By completing this document you agree:
1. To allow DIRECTV to close your Pegasus account and open one with DIRECTV.
2. To keep a DIRECTV® Total Choice programming package active for one year or pay a cancellation fee of up to $150.00. (Only applies if you currently lease equipment from Pegasus and need new equipment, or, if you require an equipment upgrade).

Name of account holder

Account Number

Number of receivers you lease from Pegasus

Number of receivers you own

Account Password (only if you created one with Pegasus Customer Service)

Best phone number for us to reach you, with best time of day to call.

I hereby designate DIRECTV, Inc. to act as my agent and hereby authorize DIRECTV, Inc. or its authorized agents or representatives ("DIRECTV") to act on my behalf and to take the steps necessary to terminate my Subscriber Agreement and account with Pegasus. I understand that I will remain responsible for payment to Pegasus of all charges accrued through the date of cancellation. I also understand that under my Pegasus Subscriber Agreement, it is possible that Pegasus will not credit me for pre-paid programming services or for seasonal sports packages once the season has started, and Pegasus may charge me an early disconnect fee if I am subject to a programming commitment.

I also authorize DIRECTV to collect any access cards or leased set top boxes (and remotes) provided to me by Pegasus. DIRECTV will either return that equipment to Pegasus on my behalf or pay any access card or leased equipment non-return fees that I may owe Pegasus under my Pegasus Subscriber Agreement.

I understand that DIRECTV, while acting as my agent, does so for the purpose of transferring my direct broadcast satellite service exclusively to DIRECTV and that it is likely to benefit financially from this transaction.

Signature of account holder

DIRECTV Account Transfer, P.O. Box 025392, Miami, FL 33102-5392
A Unit of The DIRECTV Group, Inc.

-----------------------------

BTW: the fax number has been busy all day.

Last edited by modembreath : 06-07-2004 at 05:23 PM.
modembreath is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #102 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Do you think you can scan and PM me a copy of the forms?

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-07-2004, 10:22 PM   #103 (Print)
WeKnSmith

Quote:
Originally posted by modembreath
FYI: Just go my letter in the mail today...

... BTW: the fax number has been busy all day.

I may jumping the gun, but I would be suspicious of the wording of that form. This company is probably a real DirecTV company (authorized agent), but some of the content of the form seems to be inappropriate for the situation.

I spoke with DirecTV, called one of the numbers from their site, and they are looking into it. I am going to try to get a hold of a copy of the form that the folks at 866-235-2500 are sending out. When I do, I am faxing it to a supervisor at DirecTV (per her request).

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
SAT-T60 (212HR w/ Lifetime)
DSR6000R (146HR)
2 - HDVR2 (105HR & 105HR w/ 6.2 & HMO)
Series2 80 Hr w/ lifetime
Win MCE (PVR-150MCE & HDTV Wonder)
WeKnSmith is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-07-2004, 10:23 PM   #104 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by WeKnSmith
some of the content of the form seems to be inappropriate for the situation.

How so?

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-07-2004, 10:35 PM   #105 (Print)
WeKnSmith

Quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
How so?

Many of the phrases in that form appear to represent a situation where an outside company is contacting Pegasus to cancel your account with them (and somehow profiting from it).

It seems to me that this would not be the way that DirecTV would handle it if it was an official DTV process for transferring from PegSat to DTV. I can not believe that every PegSat customer will have to fill out a form like that.

I suspect that it is a DTV authorized seller (maybe in-house sales company) that is making a profit off of your signing up with DTV. The real question is what potential costs do you incur (cancellation fees with PegSat etc). There is no way that any PegSat customer is going to have to pay a cancel fee when DTV does the real batch of transfers in late August.

The real judge of whether or not folks should be concerned is the way the DTV supervisor reacted to the content of that letter. They were VERY interested in getting every detail (phone numbers & addresses) from that posting.

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
SAT-T60 (212HR w/ Lifetime)
DSR6000R (146HR)
2 - HDVR2 (105HR & 105HR w/ 6.2 & HMO)
Series2 80 Hr w/ lifetime
Win MCE (PVR-150MCE & HDTV Wonder)
WeKnSmith is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2004, 06:48 AM   #106 (Print)
DrZ

The above letter suggests that if your leasing from Pegasus that you'll need to turn in your equipment (dish, access card etc) and get a new stuff. This would seem to create quite a bottle neck in terms of switching the thousands of P* customers to D*.
DrZ is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2004, 09:04 AM   #107 (Print)
Ray Turner

Quizzed the 866 number

In response to the question raised by WeKnSmith (and a good one,at that),
I recalled the number and queried the operator. She insist they are DirecTV, in fact, the phone is answered that way. I asked whose name was on her paycheck and she said DirecTV. I'm not totally gullible, but that is the answer given. She said she would have me confirmation of that in the mail within 5 days.
Unlike my previous call, she indicated Pegasus service would not be terminated August 31, but an orderly transition will occur. She further said that with the form completed and returned, this change will be before that date.

For what its worth !

Old 06-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #108 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Has anyone sent in their fax yet? Thanks, modembreath. I can't send mine in as I need to print them out to fill out, and I ran out of black ink. Someone up there really hates me.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-08-2004, 12:08 PM   #109 (Print)
modembreath

My fax just went through at around 12:55 pm on the east coast. I have been trying off and on for the last 24 hours.

Concerning the questions raised on the previous few posts, I call the main DirecTV support line this morning and they confirmed all is legitimate. The CSR even quoted me the same 800 number posted above as the main DirecTV number that Pegasus customers should call to get started making the switch.

Hard luck tfederov. I think the Pegasus has his eye on you.

I'll let ya'll know when I hear something back.

Last edited by modembreath : 06-08-2004 at 12:36 PM.
modembreath is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2004, 03:01 PM   #110 (Print)
rickaren

I just called in and yes they seemed organized now (was put on hold and transferred). Asked for my E-mail address, correct spelling of name, address, zip and even County . Said in five days I would receive Forum to transfer. Just sounds to good to be true, doesn't it? Good Luck to all of us.

DISH 942 HD DVR
DirecTV TiVo 240 Hr Receiver
Energy Take 5.2 7 Speaker System
rickaren is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #111 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

I have faxed my info to DirecTV. May Pegasus die a quick (but painful) death.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-08-2004, 07:55 PM   #112 (Print)
sn9ke_eyes

Quote:
Originally posted by Mysteryman
Who charges to downgrade packages?

Pegasus. I just called to have cinemax turned off and they charged me $2.

Calling to get the transfer away from these people...
sn9ke_eyes is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2004, 06:09 AM   #113 (Print)
mayweb

The conversion approach by Directv would be further legitimized if they would post the information, and 866 phone number on their web site and CH 205. It sure would make me feel a whole lot better. It may be legitimate, but it still could be a 3rd party under contract to do this. I also don't like providing my account password on the transfer paperwork until such time that I see the game plan in writing on the Directv web site.
mayweb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2004, 06:26 AM   #114 (Print)
JackStraw

I'm sure glad I can move back into my house in Las Vegas. Pegasus had a stranglehold on one lousy small zipcode in the part of the city that I live in.
What irritated me was the difficulty if you wanted to order the HR10-250
HDTV from places like ValueElectronics who wouldn't sell to Pegasus customers.

"They Shoot Horses, Don't They" Send Pegasus to the glue factory.
JackStraw is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2004, 06:47 AM   #115 (Print)
DrZ

Do you need to call and request the paper work or will every pegasus customer be getting it in the mail. Also, if you don't fill out the paperwork will you remain a pegasus customer?
DrZ is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-09-2004, 07:37 AM   #116 (Print)
mayweb

More concerns on the process --- I own 3 receivers, but 2 of the access cards belong to Pegasus. One should be owned by directv as it came with my directivo unit when I purchased it from Circuit City. Here is the problem. Per the terms of service, if I don't return the Pegasus owned access cards once Directv cancels the Pegasus account on my behalf, they will charge me $300 -- it might even go directly to the credit card that I provided them when I signed on. According to the directv paperwork... this is okay and they will give you credits to cover this charge later. Sorry, but I would rather not tie my $300 in this risky fashion, especially if Pegasus is in chapter 11. A better approach would be to return the cards to Pegasus and just get new cards from Directv. I hope the flatten this issue as it's a big one as far as I am concerned.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:17 AM   #117 (Print)
SLOmike

Do the forms if you want to

Here is my interpretation of the whole thing.

If you really hate Pegasus and want to get away from them as fast as you can, then call the 866 number and fill out the paper work and send it in. It may result in you being moved off of Pegasus and onto DirecTV faster. You may be first in line.

If you are not in such a rush, or are uncomfortable with the paper work, then don't call the 866 number and fill out the paper work. Down the road when the 90 days runs out (or at some other point sonner or later, when Pegasus gives up and DirecTV wins), all remaining Pegasus customers will be converted to DirecTV customers. If they have really reached an agreement at that point the conversion could be easier (less billing by pegasus and refunds from DirecTV).

I think that by not posting the 866 number and still recieving a large number of conversion request forms, that DirecTV is building up evidence which could be used in court to show that Pegasus customers ARE unhappy and will be better served by DirecTV. It may never get to court, but at least they would be ready.

Why am I in a hurry? They start offering locals here tomorrow. Pegasus has said it would be $75 plus shipping for a new dish to get locals. DirecTV is offering updated equipment (and installation) for free.

Thanks for listening,
-Mike

Old 06-09-2004, 12:00 PM   #118 (Print)
mayweb

SLOMike you are right on and surely you have good motivation for taking any minimal billing risk by asking to get moved now. Most likely I will too, but I guess I have a couple of days to decide. All of us will be interested in following the process post faxing of the form. So please post away and I will do the same !!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #119 (Print)
SLOmike

If anyone gets contacted after faxing (or mailing) in their conversion forms, please be sure to post the information in this thread. Lots of us are dying to know what happens. :-)

-Mike

Old 06-09-2004, 07:48 PM   #120 (Print)
JGL

Quote:
Do you need to call and request the paper work or will every pegasus customer be getting it in the mail. Also, if you don't fill out the paperwork will you remain a pegasus customer?

When I called for the form, I specifically asked if they were being sent out to all Pegasus customers, and the person I talked to said yes.
I would assume after August, it wouldn't be an issue...although there's always the possibility of Pegasus dragging this out in court and delaying the inevitable, so gettin' out while the gettin's good might not be too bad of an idea.

JGL
JGL is offline Report Bad Post Report Post