SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 06-13-2004, 10:11 AM   #151 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Send a message via AIM to tfederov
Quote:
Originally posted by JPriller
I'll wander over there and see about starting up an account.
I thought you were a little soft on them myself.

And with your sig I can see why some Pegasus folks would be rude to you...

I didn't want to get the thread locked. I want everyone to know what kind of idiots these people are. About my sig.... Let them be rude to me. I am so livid that I couldn't pre-order my HD TiVo like a regular DirecTV customer. Put a dog in a cage and abuse him. See how he gets after a while.

edit: I keep going back to tweak things... man, this guy has me fuming.....

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250

Last edited by tfederov : 06-13-2004 at 10:30 AM.
tfederov is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-13-2004, 06:50 PM   #152 (Print)
scooby2
Paradigm Lover

Well it worked for me. I was a "mover" that had my service address as a quickie mart in Detroit. The first time I called the guy said call Pegasus. The second CSR had no problem with it at all. I am happy to be completely legit.

Scooby
scooby2 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-13-2004, 07:14 PM   #153 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by scooby2
Well it worked for me. I was a "mover" that had my service address as a quickie mart in Detroit. The first time I called the guy said call Pegasus. The second CSR had no problem with it at all. I am happy to be completely legit.

Scooby

Care to explain a little more? You faxed in the forms and then called back, and they switched you?

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-13-2004, 07:39 PM   #154 (Print)
scooby2
Paradigm Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
Care to explain a little more? You faxed in the forms and then called back, and they switched you?
I was a DirecTV customer living in a Pegasus area via the moving tactic. Someone in this thread had asked if anyone had tried to move back or not. I was able to "move home" with just two phone calls. No forms or faxing.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:41 PM   #155 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Ahhh.. I see. I thought you were a Pegasus customer that got switched. You were actually already a DirecTV customer that finally got to move home.... welcome home! Now go watch our Pistons beat LA!!!

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-14-2004, 09:06 AM   #156 (Print)
radimage

Ahhh yes! The finer things in life. The death Of Pegasux, and the death of the Lakers.
Can it get any better?
Ha Ha Ha!

Scott

Old 06-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #157 (Print)
bkzoller

Quote:
Originally posted by JPriller
I checked out your dbsforum post, and you forgot one - Pegasus doesn't allow you to self-install a dish. Not last summer when I got mine, anyway. You have to get one of their (very small number of) authorized installers to do it and give Pegasus their installer authorization number on the phone when they call to activate you.

Back in 1998 when I was shopping for a satellite dish, and before I had ever heard of Pegasus, I chose the free self-install kit instead of paying to get the dish installed. A friend and I installed the dish and then I called DirecTV to activate the receiver, only to be given the phone number for Pegasus. When I first talked to Pegasus, they said something about needing to schedule getting the dish installed. I told them there was no need for that, because I already did that myself and my receiver showed a good signal strength. This shows that there are ways around authorized installer rules.

Brian
bkzoller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-14-2004, 09:56 AM   #158 (Print)
JPriller
just some guy

Quote:
Originally posted by bkzoller
When I first talked to Pegasus, they said something about needing to schedule getting the dish installed. I told them there was no need for that, because I already did that myself and my receiver showed a good signal strength. This shows that there are ways around authorized installer rules.
I called up Pegasus when my dish arrived and asked about installing it myself, seeing as I hadn't heard from my "authorized installer" and needed it going before I went on vacation in a few days. They said I couldn't get activated except by one of their "authorized installers", no way, no how. I tried calling again a few days later because you know how random CSRs can be, but got the exact same story: they didn't allow self-installs because they didn't have the support staff to deal with people calling in for help who didn't know what they were doing.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:11 AM   #159 (Print)
bkzoller

They may have stricter rules since I activated mine. On the other hand, there is a difference between "please allow me to install my own dish" and "please forgive me for already installing my own dish correctly." It is possible that Pegasus used the authorized installers as a way to extract more fees from their customers. Luckily, this whole ordeal will be over soon.

Brian
Old 06-14-2004, 11:02 AM   #160 (Print)
tradervic

Quote:
Originally posted by modembreath
tradervic.
Call 866-235-2500. It's a special Directv number for Pegasus customers who want DTV service.

Thanks for the heads up Modembreath, the transfer forms are on the way! But why didn't the csr's at the other numbers know about this and redirect me?
tradervic is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-14-2004, 11:06 AM   #161 (Print)
scooby2
Paradigm Lover

Quote:
Originally posted by scooby2
I was a DirecTV customer living in a Pegasus area via the moving tactic. Someone in this thread had asked if anyone had tried to move back or not. I was able to "move home" with just two phone calls. No forms or faxing.
Well that didnt last long. When I woke up this morning my account was closed and when I called in, they said I would need to call Pegasus. I moved back for now. Damn, I was happy to be legit for a couple hours.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:48 AM   #162 (Print)
edrock200

Send a message via AIM to edrock200
With all do respect tfederov, I think you should lay off the guy in the other thread. I agree with your stance and side with you but in his second post he admitted to being emotional and is understandably frustrated that he's losing his job. I think you stated your points well but any further posts would just be rubbing salt in the wounds at this point.

That said I'm glad you can be free of Pegasus finally.

Old 06-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #163 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

I was just telling it like it is.... the way he came across the first post just got me fuming mad. Up until he responded back, I felt no sympathy for him. It is a bad thing that he may lose his job, but when you tell a customer to get an "f'n life", especailly when your company is hurting and you need all the business you can get, well then all bets are off.

My last thread in response to Dan came at the same time his did. That's why I posted a second one asking if his management was aware that their customers were feeling this way.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #164 (Print)
edrock200

Send a message via AIM to edrock200
Ahh I didn't see the post times, my bad. Either way it looks like the days of Pegasus are over, so break out those champaign glasses again.

Old 06-14-2004, 11:45 PM   #165 (Print)
JGL

How long did it take you guys to get your transfer forms? I called on the 5th and still haven't gotten anything. Wondering if they forgot about me.
If I don't get them in the next couple of days, I'll have to track them down on DirecTV's site or use the .pdf that was posted here earlier.

JGL
JGL is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-15-2004, 06:42 AM   #166 (Print)
JPriller
just some guy

Quote:
Originally posted by JGL
How long did it take you guys to get your transfer forms?
Only took three days to get mine. Still haven't sent them in, I've got 4 weeks to go on my 1-year commitment to Pegasus and don't wanna give them a chance to sock me with a early-cancellation fee.

Old 06-15-2004, 07:56 AM   #167 (Print)
jmathey

Send a message via Yahoo to jmathey
FYI: the forms are posted on DirecTv's website, just download them and fax them:

http://www.directv.com/see/landing/pegasus.html

bye bye pegasus

John
jmathey is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-15-2004, 08:02 AM   #168 (Print)
iceisles

I got mine in just two days and sent them back in the mail today. I thought about faxing them, but then saw myself standing at the work fax machine trying over and over again to get through. I figure the mail will get there soon enough. Adios, Pegasux!
iceisles is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-15-2004, 09:33 AM   #169 (Print)
vigfoot

I called last Wed. and the form arrived yesterday.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to have Dtv add a second line to my second Dtv tivo? Maybe I can weasel it for free as part of being a 'new' customer?!
vigfoot is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #170 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

I think it's something you'll have to call and ask for.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-15-2004, 11:41 PM   #171 (Print)
bkzoller

Quote:
Originally posted by iceisles
I got mine in just two days and sent them back in the mail today. I thought about faxing them, but then saw myself standing at the work fax machine trying over and over again to get through. I figure the mail will get there soon enough. Adios, Pegasux!

I faxed my forms last Friday, and I got through on the first call. Maybe the initial wave of faxes has subsided.

Brian
Old 06-16-2004, 05:22 AM   #172 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Details?

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-16-2004, 03:50 PM   #173 (Print)
bkzoller

Quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
Details?

What are you asking? I filled out my authorization form and faxed it along with my most recent Pegasus bill to DirecTV. I was just pointing out that I did not get a busy signal when I sent the fax.

Brian
Old 06-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #174 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Oh, I thought you got the callback already.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-17-2004, 07:43 AM   #175 (Print)
mhaider

When I turn to channel 205 today I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says, "Program not available in your area. Check Program Guide for alternate programming." Is anybody else that's currently a Pegasus customer seeing this too? I faxed the forms to switch to D* earlier this week, I haven't heard back from them. It would be interesting to hear from people that have and haven't sent the forms to D* to make the switch and see if the one's that have are getting the above message on channel 205 and if the one's that haven't can still receive channel 205. Channel 205 still shows in my program guide as "Exciting Update for Pegasus subscribers".
mhaider is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-17-2004, 08:32 AM   #176 (Print)
Billman

I am in Pegasux territory, and the message on channel 205 is now gone for me as well.

Old 06-17-2004, 08:38 AM   #177 (Print)
mhaider

Quote:
Originally posted by Billman
I am in Pegasux territory, and the message on channel 205 is now gone for me as well.

Did you send in the form to switch to D*?
mhaider is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-17-2004, 09:43 AM   #178 (Print)
bkzoller

Wow, it looks like things are progressing. I already mentioned that I faxed my forms last week. Just now, I was able to register an online account with www.directv.com. The e-mail confirmation from the web site seems to have my Pegasus account number, although I don't have a copy of my Pegasus bill right now to verify that. I tried to register in the past, and the page said that I was not allowed to register based on my service address. I can't do much on the site yet except change my profile and access the NFL Superfan site, but at least it's a start.

Edit: Here is what is on the page. It may be unrelated to the authorization form.

Quote:
Welcome to MY DIRECTV, a special section dedicated to providing access to NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ interactive features for customers who live in an area served by a member or affiliate of the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative (NRTC).

If you are an NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ customer, you can access the complete power and functionality of our SUPERFAN site, filled with exclusive content, extras, interactivity and special rewards. We hope to have more interactivity available for you in the future.

To order NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ or for any other customer service questions regarding your DIRECTV® service account, please contact your local service provider — you can find the phone number on your monthly bill for DIRECTV service.

Visit MY DIRECTV anytime to update your profile or change your password.

Brian

Last edited by bkzoller : 06-17-2004 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #179 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Very cool!

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
Old 06-17-2004, 12:48 PM   #180 (Print)
Billman

Quote:
Originally posted by mhaider
Did you send in the form to switch to D*?

Not yet.