THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 08-02-2004, 03:32 PM   #151 (Print)
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Quote:
Originally posted by ashutoshsm
[OT] Ahhh - but didn't you know that gold-plating improves signal quality? Heck - Monster has me convinced and I shell out thrice the market-value for all their cables.

3x? Seems more like 10x to me....
MighTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-03-2004, 06:14 AM   #152 (Print)
pgogborn

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeoTiVo
since you stated it as fact and not rumour or speculation , where is the factual evidence that DirectTV is gearing up to offer NDS boxes????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote:
Originally posted by ThreeSoFar
How can you possibly defend this as anything but horrible journalism?

Quote:
Originally posted by mbalgeman
I must not be a good investor, because your article wouldn't help me make an informed decision about investing in TiVo at all. Or was that not the point of the article?

Quote:
Originally posted by jmoak
But when you refuse to take notice when that "duck" barks and hikes it leg to pee, it does not bode well for your "investigative skills".

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidTigerFan
Yet another reason why true 'journalism' in this country is dead.

Seems as if swhitmore's duck was a better example of good investigative journalism and better investment advice than some people gave him credit for.

"TiVo shares slipped 6 percent on Monday after a rival recording device maker said it would start supplying technology next year to DirecTV Group, a satellite TV company that is TiVo's biggest source of new customers" >
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103_2-5293873.html
pgogborn is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-03-2004, 07:46 AM   #153 (Print)
jones07
eff.org warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by pgogborn
Seems as if swhitmore's duck was a better example of good investigative journalism and better investment advice than some people gave him credit for.

"TiVo shares slipped 6 percent on Monday after a rival recording device maker said it would start supplying technology next year to DirecTV Group, a satellite TV company that is TiVo's biggest source of new customers" >

A small tip to the folks that blasted this journalist: Cold Duck wine washes down a meal of Baked Crow really well. For dessert a nice Big slice of Humble pie will top of the meal

*I don't expect any mannly posts about being 100% wrong from folks

Old 08-03-2004, 11:09 AM   #154 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
Originally posted by pgogborn

I was taking a swipe at his column style of being able to say things as fact without having evidence he CAN SHOW to back it up. He also left out the fact that DirectTV sold all its stock holdings and not just TiVo stock and did not mention any of the statements made by both DirectTV and TiVo that they still have a good business relationship on DirectTiVos which is all the business relationship was ever about. I still maintain he slanted the article by selecting what he presented and how he presented.

PS also notice that I never said he was wrong or right about NDS, just that if he presented something as fact I wanted him to verify it so I would know FOR SURE as well. I basically have too much reading to do as is for my job to waste time on "journalists" who think they can slant a story simply becasue it is a column and not "associated press".

What if he had guessed wrong instead but everybody had already quoted him. Much more damage done there.
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post