Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 07-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #61 (Print)
DancnDude

Send a message via AIM to DancnDude
Thanks for letting us know! I personally think they could hype a later showing as a special extended episode later this week and at least most of us would watch again to see the new footage. At the very least, it will be bonus footage for the JSS2 DVD

Old 07-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #62 (Print)
warrenn

Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please let them show the 90 minute show. I'm writing a note to Spike TV right now to ask them to show the full episode.
warrenn is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 10:25 AM   #63 (Print)
DancnDude

Send a message via AIM to DancnDude
Quote:
Originally posted by kenr
Where's your blog?
http://schmoblog.spiketv.com
DancnDude is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 10:29 AM   #64 (Print)
Maniacal1

Thanks, Muggum, for trying to get an airing of the episode in its entirety. As much fun as the episode was (and each one one just gets funnier), it was pretty obvious that chopping was done. "Banger Buns" seemed very short, and we never got to see the "FAILED" banner on Bryce at dinner. Watching it, I felt like I had had too much caffeine, which is never a good feeling at 11:00.

You're out-Schmoing yourself with every new episode, and we're loving it!
Maniacal1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 10:41 AM   #65 (Print)
warrenn

One thing they should do for the next JS (there will be a next one, right?) is to have the actors go through one of the casting calls with the Schmos. Did you notice how Amanda recognized Ingrid from the casting call? I think that would make it much less likely that the Schmo will think the other housemates are actors.
warrenn is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 10:47 AM   #66 (Print)
Tsiehta

Here's what I don't understand. If Ingrid and Amanda went through casting calls, why would it spark Ingrids suspicions when the actress in the first episode said her agent got her on the show? I might be wrong, but don't alot of struggling actors use reality television shows to gain exposure?

Old 07-06-2004, 11:39 AM   #67 (Print)
xuxa

because the actress said she got the call the day before, I am sure the casting calls went on for a week or more
xuxa is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 11:52 AM   #68 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.

Send a message via AIM to YCantAngieRead
A "casting call" is much different than saying you got the call from your agent.

Quote:
I am trying to get them to commit to airing the 90 minute episode sometime this week. It's much better than the 60 minute version. It includes Matt Gould's appearance, Derek Newcastle's 'British Breakfast,' more Amanda and Ingrid, and a wonderful scene between Gerald, TJ, and Amanda where Gerald counsels TJ about how to pick up ladies. Wish me luck!

PLEASE let me know where to send harrassing emails to nudge them in the direction of airing the 90 minute version at some point this week. I want the whole episode, darn it.

By the way, Muggum, I hate to even think what you and the rest of the editing crew went through in the last week trying to cut things out at the last minute-and I'm assuming here, that the cut request came in the last week. That HAD to have been somewhat painful. When do you ever sleep? Geez. My sympathies to all of you.

Tally Ho Ho Ho:
Best. Game. Name. Ever.

New Here? Introduce Yourself!

YCantAngieRead is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 11:53 AM   #69 (Print)
DLiquid
MPC User

With the reveal to Ingrid, I felt like this season lost a bit of steam, but maybe that was a result of the last minute edits. I thought Ingrid's reactions were by far the most amusing thing about the show, and her replacement hardly got any air-time.

The actor that played Bryce really did a great job. He had to say and do some really ridiculous stuff, but I thought he pulled it off well.
DLiquid is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 11:54 AM   #70 (Print)
MitchO
Blasphemer: Uses DVR

What i don't get is why SpikeTV advertised TJSS2 all night long during Wrestling .. as a special 90 minute episode.

Muggum, if they didn't want to go too fast past midnight, then why not show the 90 minute version TONIGHT?!?! Not only does it solve their excuse .. err, problem, but it nets them the possibility of additional viewers: us addicted people who would gladly tune in again for the 90 minute version!!

Quite frankly, i agree with the C+ editing statement .. it just felt so choppy. And when one of the biggest things the fans were waiting for (The MKG appearance) got left on the floor, after he was in the ads and everything, I think they owe it to us frankly~.

I'm just glad that to hear that it wasn't Spike and/or the producers trying to play a "schmo" joke on us about the length of time and Matt. I was hoping that wasn't the case.
MitchO is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 11:58 AM   #71 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Well, I'm sure they wanted to hurry up and get "World's Most Dangerous Police Chases XXVIII" on the air on time!
SparkleMotion is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 12:14 PM   #72 (Print)
Groucho

This continues to be (covertly) the dirtiest show on television. I had to stifle laughing at the "donkey punch" line because I didn't want to have to explain it to the wife.
Groucho is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 12:19 PM   #73 (Print)
mrpayroll
Advanced Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mrpayroll
Quote:
Originally posted by SparkleMotion
Well, I'm sure they wanted to hurry up and get "World's Most Dangerous Police Chases XXVIII" on the air on time!

I have to admit that I watched that show right after Joe Schmo last night. I actually enjoyed it. But if that show was the reason they cut short Joe Schmo, then shame on them.

Chris
mrpayroll is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 12:28 PM   #74 (Print)
wendiness

Muggum: on my list of to do's in the next twenty minutes - email Spike and plead for the full 90 minutes. I, too, noted it seemed choppy but now it makes sense.

Great episode! I think Amanda should have been the original Schmo as she seems more willing to buy into everything. From the get-go I saw Ingrid as too alert and inquisitive. Ah, well, hindsight.

I love the comment for another poster that they suspect the plane might be Bryce!

Gerald's answers during the lie detector segment - priceless!

Poor Tim. After struggling and then deciding to risk the dreaded envelope instead of saying the C word, I like his response to one of the prompts: "respect". Pretty much summed up for me why he chose not to complete the challenge. Good for him!

I already like Amanda. Something MKGish about her the way she felt Ingrid was a gossip: "If Cammi wanted me to know, she'd have told me herself". Reminded me of Matt's departure from the room when Gina's notes were found.

Great reveal to Ingrid, although the cast looked scared! I think Ingrid will do fine if she just continues to play along and isn't asked to involve herself too much with plot points (other than reacting). After all, given her growing suspicions, I think she's been "acting" for awhile now anyway.
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 12:31 PM   #75 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Quote:
Originally posted by mrpayroll
I have to admit that I watched that show right after Joe Schmo last night. I actually enjoyed it. But if that show was the reason they cut short Joe Schmo, then shame on them.
Oh, I have unabashedly watched a whole bunch of shows from that series of specials in the past. However, they are all repeats and there is no compelling reason (short of the one given to muggum) to shorten JS2's 90minute episode. And, frankly, even that reason has a certain..."odor" to it, IMO.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:43 PM   #76 (Print)
Jonathan-NI

Send a message via ICQ to Jonathan-NI Send a message via AIM to Jonathan-NI Send a message via Yahoo to Jonathan-NI
Everyone should e-mail SpikeTV here -- spiketv.com/interact/feedback/feedback.jhtml -- or call them here -- 212-846-2560 -- to let them know you want to see the 90 minute version of Joe Schmo 2!
Jonathan-NI is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #77 (Print)
DLiquid
MPC User

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan-NI
Everyone should e-mail SpikeTV here -- spiketv.com/interact/feedback/feedback.jhtml -- or call them here -- 212-846-2560 -- to let them know you want to see the 90 minute version of Joe Schmo 2!
Done, but your link didn't work for me. Try this:

http://www.spiketv.com/interact/feedback/feedback.jhtml
DLiquid is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 01:09 PM   #78 (Print)
GNBW

Quote:
Originally posted by DLiquid
With the reveal to Ingrid, I felt like this season lost a bit of steam, but maybe that was a result of the last minute edits. I thought Ingrid's reactions were by far the most amusing thing about the show, and her replacement hardly got any air-time.

I completely agree. There were some great moments in the show (The reveal to Ingrid being the best) but the rest of the show really felt very sped up.

I rushed to the boards right after figuring only us poor Canadians got a shortened version of the show. But NO!

I'm going to write a letter to Spike right now, I pray we can get that 90 minute version aired! I want MKG!

GNBW.
GNBW is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 01:14 PM   #79 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Here's what I wrote
Quote:
Guys, Joe Schmo 2 is AWESOME...but you're killin' me here with the schedule juggling and the re-edits of the show!

Okay, I guess I can LIVE with the Monday showing (I have TiVo and can adjust...I only wish WWE Wrestling ended consistently on time instead of frequently cutting off the end of the recording!).

HOWEVER--changing the length of episode 4 from 90minutes to 60 was unconscionable and very nearly unforgiveable.

You MUST PLEASE consider airing the full-length episode...and before the next episode airs!

It's one thing to juggle the schedule...but another thing completely to screw with content. Come on...you're the "Men's Network", right? Grow a pair and give us the whole Schmo and nothin' but the Schmo!

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:22 PM   #80 (Print)
MitchO

I "feedback"ed also, but unfortunately i doubt there's enough time for them to fix it for tonight
Old 07-06-2004, 01:29 PM   #81 (Print)
kenr

Send a message via AIM to kenr
Quote:
Originally posted by MitchO
I "feedback"ed also, but unfortunately i doubt there's enough time for them to fix it for tonight
You better TiVo tonight's episode with lots of padding just in case we get lucky and the 90 minute version is aired. Isn't it possible that the network already has the 90 minute version in its possession.
kenr is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 01:31 PM   #82 (Print)
mrpayroll
Advanced Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mrpayroll
Quote:
Originally posted by SparkleMotion
Grow a pair and give us the whole Schmo and nothin' but the Schmo!

This quote should win you your case!

Chris
mrpayroll is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 01:37 PM   #83 (Print)
MitchO

Quote:
Originally posted by kenr
You better TiVo tonight's episode with lots of padding just in case we get lucky and the 90 minute version is aired. Isn't it possible that the network already has the 90 minute version in its possession.

Just because they have it in their possession doesn't mean that they're webguy will come bursting into the programmers office this afternoon saying "STOP THE NETWORK! WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE JOE SCHMO TONIGHT!"

I just don't think that email feedback will get them to make a programming change within a 12 hour (or so) time frame.

Oh and i'm one of those freaks that don't have a TiVo, i'm just here for the discussion~
Old 07-06-2004, 01:40 PM   #84 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Quote:
Originally posted by mrpayroll
This quote should win you your case!
Well, I figure they must watch SOME of their own shows and promos, right?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:47 PM   #85 (Print)
BabyRain

Quote:
Oh and i'm one of those freaks that don't have a TiVo, i'm just here for the discussion~

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm here because I want to be where the "cool kids" hang out.
BabyRain is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 01:50 PM   #86 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyRain
Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm here because I want to be where the "cool kids" hang out.
Yeah, we're all hoping they get here eventually.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:09 PM   #87 (Print)
Smarmy Host

Quote:

Don't surrender! The 90 min. cut already exists and they have it, all they have to do is air it. It was the 60 min. edit that was rushed into production. Demand to see it the way it's meant to be seen. I've seen the 90 min. version and it's MUCH better.

-Ralph
Smarmy Host is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 02:33 PM   #88 (Print)
minorthr
O and A Party Rock

Send a message via AIM to minorthr
I sent them some feedback. If everyone sends some who knows what will happen.

minorthr is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #89 (Print)
nataylor
Curiously Strong

Send a message via ICQ to nataylor Send a message via AIM to nataylor Send a message via MSN to nataylor Send a message via Yahoo to nataylor
I sent feedback, too. It's annoying that Joe Schmo isn't even listed as a choice in the "feedback type" dropdown on the web site.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:45 PM   #90 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

^^Well, I'll give them a pass on that one...it's not a long-term show like Wrestling or Star Trek that will run the whole year 'round.