TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 07-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #151 (Print)
moviemoose

On the website, Spike has posted the MKG scene in the video commentary section.

I hope the 90 minute version airs soon. Trust me, it is worth the extra 30 minutes.
moviemoose is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 04:26 PM   #152 (Print)
therlin

Last year they didn't add JS to the pull-down menu until almost the end of the series.
therlin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 04:40 PM   #153 (Print)
getreal

Quote:
Originally posted by SparkleMotion
Actually, I think he was trying to ingratiate himself with the old man by suggesting that he (Bryce) was, in fact, trying to protect Piper from the craziness of the situations the show had been putting her in.

I don't think he was ever suggesting that he was fighting his own inner demons. That would be way too much over the top to be believable, IMO.

I can't believe I obsessed over this so much, so I actually resorted to transcribing that segment. It's right after Piper's Dad gives the "you hurt my little girl and you hurt yourself" speech:

Bryce: "I would never hurt Piper & I would never demean her. There have been plenty of opportunities already on the show where ... I feel like ... y'know ... I've had to really respect ... y'know ... her and help, sort of, guard her against that craziness a little bit."

I replayed that last part and I still hear him say "that craziness in me", but I also used closed captioning to help me out, and that's where it said "that craziness a little bit".
getreal is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 04:53 PM   #154 (Print)
rseligman

Quote:
Originally posted by SparkleMotion
^^Because JS2 is a limited series and not long-term, ongoing programming (like WWE, Star Trek: DS9, etc.).
So? That didn't stop them from plastering JS2 all over the front page of the site, including a Flash ad! And it takes a heck of a lot more time to build a flash app than it does to add an option to a web page select list.
rseligman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 05:33 PM   #155 (Print)
Kablemodem

Send a message via AIM to Kablemodem
Quote:
Originally posted by TIVOSciolist
I can't find the meaning of this phrase. Translation?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...ry.php?s=&ltr=U
Kablemodem is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 05:48 PM   #156 (Print)
Graymalkin
Halfwit Pundit

Send a message via AIM to Graymalkin
Quote:
I can't find the meaning of this phrase. Translation?

UMF = Unseen Mystical Forces. It's what makes people crave things mentioned on the forum.

I was riffing on that with the "not-so-unseen" mystical forces.
Graymalkin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 06:07 PM   #157 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Quote:
Originally posted by Graymalkin
UMF = Unseen Mystical Forces. It's what makes people crave things mentioned on the forum.

Thanks. In your original post, you had a space between the "U" and the "MF".

According to Google, there is a song with the title "F U MF," which apparently has nothing to do with the subject matter of your message.
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 06:18 PM   #158 (Print)
JYoung

Quote:

I was riffing on that with the "not-so-unseen" mystical forces.

First identified here.

Last night's show did cause me to LOL in several places.
In particular when Gerald had to choose whom to spend his time at the resort with, as well as Bryce's reaction to "not having is wick lit".

I also enjoyed the reveal to Ingrid and the fact that Amanda feels she's untrustworthy.

Still I did think that this episode suffering due to the harsh editing.

"I aim to misbehave"

Party in Vegas, see my photos
JYoung is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #159 (Print)
mrpayroll
Advanced Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mrpayroll
Quote:
According to Google, there is a song with the title "F U MF," which apparently has nothing to do with the subject matter of your message.

And there's also that great English group from the early 90's, EMF = English Mother F******

Chris
mrpayroll is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 06:31 PM   #160 (Print)
Bill Reeves
Lurker

My LOL moment from this episode (which I haven't seen mentioned yet): the smarmy host's introduction of the guy who was running the lie detector machine: "he is licensed in 38 states and Guam"
Bill Reeves is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 08:07 PM   #161 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.

Send a message via AIM to YCantAngieRead
Oh YEAH! That was funny. Partly because it's just weird enough that it could be true.

New Here? Introduce Yourself!

YCantAngieRead is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #162 (Print)
coldtoes
vermicious knid

Quote:
That's been bugging (not to mention mystifying) me for a long time! I couldn't find it on Google, and it didn't occur to me it might me a TC-specific thing. (I don't hang out in Happy Hour much.) Thanks Gray, Kablemodem, and JYoung for clearing up the mystery!
coldtoes is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #163 (Print)
burbanknate

Nurse Tabitha

Hey gang,

Nurse Tabitha inspired me so much Monday night.
The 1.5 seconds of rock-hard abs and 0.3 seconds of butt
that I saw told me she must be a talented performer.

I've made it my mission to see all her movies.
I mean it.

Muggum!
Who is this Nurse Tabitha?

N8

Old 07-07-2004, 08:26 PM   #164 (Print)
Fofer
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Fofer
I concur with burbanknate. More info on Nurse Tabitha, please.

<drool>
Fofer is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 08:41 PM   #165 (Print)
Kablemodem

Send a message via AIM to Kablemodem
Quote:
Originally posted by Fofer
I concur with burbanknate. More info on Nurse Tabitha, please.

<drool>

And she doesn't even have back hair!
Kablemodem is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #166 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.

Okay, okay. I'll come clean. I am actually Nurse Tabitha. I just do a really good job of hiding it.

Quote:
That's been bugging (not to mention mystifying) me for a long time! I couldn't find it on Google, and it didn't occur to me it might me a TC-specific thing. (I don't hang out in Happy Hour much.) Thanks Gray, Kablemodem, and JYoung for clearing up the mystery!

If this kind of thing should happen to you in the future here at TC, check the Glossary above the banner ads at the top of the page. Some very helpful information up there.

Old 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM   #167 (Print)
muggum

No idea who Nurse Tabitha is. Maybe someone reading knows?
muggum is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #168 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Send a message via AIM to Inundated
Just got done with the Spike TV "Chat With Ingrid". Some very interesting answers...I won't run through them, because they'll archive the chat on the Web site. About half the questions were asked by "SuzieSchmo", whoever that is Unfortunately, no one from TCF got a question "onstage". Suzie must have been holding the moderator hostage. I know at least Angie and RTOlson were there.

But...oddly enough, after the official chat end, someone at least CLAIMING to be Ingrid stayed in one of the off-stage chat rooms until about 10:45! I stumbled upon her, and do not know for sure if that's her or not. I invited "Ingrid" to TCF and gave her the URL to here...she seemed interested. If she shows up here, You Know Who can verify her, I'm sure! I'm going to also send the URL via the "E-Mail Cast Members" link on SpikeTV.com, if she actually reads it.

Tabitha (or whoever it was) is OK and all, but Ingrid's first episode dance is still the tops in that department. I'm guessing that Muggum not knowing Tabitha means he wasn't the one who directly hired her...I don't think he was involved much with the "day players".
Inundated is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 09:56 PM   #169 (Print)
Fofer
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Fofer
To anyone confused, Nurse Tabitha is the stripper who showed up for the "Bangers and Mash" game.

And show up she did.
Fofer is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 10:16 PM   #170 (Print)
YCantAngieRead
Fizzle ma nizzle.

I need people to remind me before those Wednesday night chats. I never rememeber to go, and I really enjoyed what little I caught this evening. Don't want to miss future chats! By the way, if anyone else wants to go in future chats, use your username from here so we can find you. I trolled around various rooms until I found Inundated and RT. It was more fun that way.

For JS1 fans, Melissa Lewis was in a commercial I saw yesterday for a prescription drug. So assuming that wasn't filmed in early last year, she's still working.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:28 PM   #171 (Print)
TjMarshalABS

To Innundated

First and foremost, to Innundated and anyone else who was in the Spike TV Chatroom after Ingrid had left, I do want to apologize, but not after letting out a hearty chuckle.

I was, in fact, the person who posed as Ingrid, and stayed until 10:45 answering numerous questions. I did not intend to cause any harm in my parody of the show itself by initiating the illusion portrayed.

I am a huge fan of the show, and single handedly responsible for recruiting the entire office staff into getting together to watch the show on Tuesdays at 10. (Though I do watch it on Monday's now as well.)

I only watch two television shows anymore, Raw and Joe Schmo (2). From the first moment I saw the very first commercial for the show, I was delighted and have signed on to be a regular viewer for the series' entirety.

Innundated, again, I apologize, and if it weren't for the ingenuity of Justin, Golter, and craftymo (my major source of obscure Ingrid facts), I never would have been able to pull of a successful charade.

At least now, I hope you are chuckling over the entire ordeal as I was and still am. It was meant in fun, and I apologize for any hard feelings I may have caused.

Sincerely,
Hutch's Biggest Fan
TjMarshal aka TjMarshalABS

Old 07-07-2004, 10:29 PM   #172 (Print)
bleeding icon

^^^^^
I miss her already.

Quote:
Originally posted by muggum
No idea who Nurse Tabitha is. Maybe someone reading knows?

Matt probably would've recognized her.
bleeding icon is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 PM   #173 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Send a message via AIM to Inundated
Re: To Innundated

Quote:
Originally posted by TjMarshalABS
I was, in fact, the person who posed as Ingrid, and stayed until 10:45 answering numerous questions. I did not intend to cause any harm in my parody of the show itself by initiating the illusion portrayed.

Hey, ya did a good job!

And as I noted in that chat room more than once, this IS "Joe Schmo" we're talking here. I even joked in the room that it was possible our "Ingrid" was actually Bryce/Kevin!

Glad you're enjoying the show. I sent that E-Mail to Ingrid via the Spike TV Web site anyway, so maybe we'll see her here.
Inundated is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-07-2004, 10:56 PM   #174 (Print)
TjMarshalABS

That would have been classic had it been Bryce. I would have loved that and gladly stepped aside to let him take over the joke.

I'm glad *you* have a true sense of humor. Any chance you caught me avoiding the more spoof-revealing questions I was asked? You did have me scrambling more than once, especially with the 'Where in Bosnia did Ingrid do some work at?'. I could not type over to craftymo faster to try and get a response out of him.

How that guy knows so much about Ingrid, I'll never know, but it did come in handy for a good laugh.

All in fun,
TjMarshal

Old 07-07-2004, 11:20 PM   #175 (Print)
RTOlson
Butter your bacon!

Send a message via AIM to RTOlson
The chat was fun. Talking to TVC members and ragging on poor, innocent, not to mention very infuriating "SuzieSchmo" was awesome. I'm up for posting reminders before the chat and trying to find our way into a specific room (Room Four seemed to work well).

I scanned through the credits for our dear nurse and there's no reference. I'm thinking that may largely be due to the fact that she had no lines (thus she's essentially an extra, albeit an important one).

Some of the credit titles seem pretty funny, but I'm betting they're really important. There's a dialect coach listed which I thought was odd until I remembered Ralph. There's also the loggers which reminded me of lumberjacks, but they have the important task of going through all the tape. There certainly seems to be a lot of people involved in bringing the Schmo to life.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:41 AM   #176 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Quote:
Originally posted by RTOlson
The chat was fun. Talking to TVC members and ragging on poor, innocent, not to mention very infuriating "SuzieSchmo" was awesome.

I joined the chat about half way through. The problem wasn't just that one person seemed to dominate the questions. Rather, while the answers to the questions were interesting, the questions themselves were pretty run-of-the-mill.

The moderator seemed to use the questions as they were submitted (i.e., in chronological order) rather than picking out the more interesting or thought-provoking queries.

(Ingrid did comment about how attractive Muggum is even though that was not directly responsive to a particular question.)
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-08-2004, 01:54 AM   #177 (Print)
wendiness

Quote:
Originally posted by moviemoose
On the website, Spike has posted the MKG scene in the video commentary section.

I hope the 90 minute version airs soon. Trust me, it is worth the extra 30 minutes.

Hmmmm. Somebody who's SEEN the 90 minute version, huh? Could this be someone from the production?
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-08-2004, 01:56 AM   #178 (Print)
wendiness

For those who remember the FORT, not only is John now watching JS2, he has made the comment that he's loving every minute of it. I suppose I should give him credit for admitting he was wrong.
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-08-2004, 02:20 AM   #179 (Print)
Smarmy Host

Quote:
Originally posted by Fofer
To anyone confused, Nurse Tabitha is the stripper who showed up for the "Bangers and Mash" game.

And show up she did.

Actually, Nurse Tabitha was the stripper/dancer at the "bachelor party" for Piper's dad and the boys ... and she was a very sweet girl who's NOT an adult film actress, believe it or not! She's just a model/actress. Sadly, I can't remember her real name, but, boy, did she smell good.

-Ralph
Smarmy Host is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-08-2004, 02:22 AM   #180 (Print)
muggum

I'll 'out' moviemoose. He's one of our editors!
muggum is offline Report Bad Post Report Post