THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 07-13-2004, 08:10 PM   #151 (Print)
Jonahan

Send a message via AIM to Jonahan
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonahan
They don't let you post URLS until you've posted 3 times. So, please ignore this post =)
This one's no good either, but the next one will have content, I promise!
Jonahan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 08:11 PM   #152 (Print)
Jonahan

Send a message via AIM to Jonahan
Allrighty then, here's what I wanted to post:

Quote:
Originally posted by Inundated
As far as I know, this is not even remotely related to our Amanda.

For one, her best known credit, the cable TV show "Remember WENN", aired year before our Amanda graduated from high school in Pennsylvania. I don't remember that show well, but I doubt Amanda could have attended high school in Pennsylvania and have starred in a TV show in Los Angeles at the same time.
Here's some more information on (our) Amanda. I don't think (most of) the press would take their journalistic responsibilities so lightly as to perpetuate a lie for the sake of Spike TV.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04189/342698.stm

They surely would have mentioned a Broadway career.

-- Jonathan
Jonahan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 08:42 PM   #153 (Print)
jpwoof

i have a theory..i'm not sure if it's already been posted. Remember on the next episode, someone is going to die... it could be eleanor... so, it'll be a perfect time to bring Ingrid back into the game.
jpwoof is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 08:48 PM   #154 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Send a message via AIM to Inundated
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonahan
They surely would have mentioned a Broadway career.

Yeah, I posted a link to that article in one of the other threads, I think... the key here is (JS2's) Amanda's age...and the fact she'd have been roughly a high school junior at the time of the other Amanda's best-known credit. And I'm pretty sure that program did not film or tape in Pittsburgh!

Welcome!
Inundated is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #155 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Quote:
Originally posted by jpwoof
i have a theory..i'm not sure if it's already been posted. Remember on the next episode, someone is going to die... it could be eleanor... so, it'll be a perfect time to bring Ingrid back into the game.

Ever since Survivor started the modern reality genre craze, pundits have been predicting that someone will eventually get killed. As far as I know, the closest we've come is a contestant on Dog Eat Dog claiming he suffered brain damage while attempting a stunt on the show. (This is not to be confused with those contestants whose apparent brain damage pre-date their appearing on TV).

I'm looking forward to the first official reality show death.
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 09:55 PM   #156 (Print)
zaknafein
Shorthanded

Send a message via AIM to zaknafein Send a message via MSN to zaknafein Send a message via Yahoo to zaknafein
Quote:
Originally posted by Graymalkin
So when the Season 2 DVD set comes out, will the dialogue that was bleeped in this episode be audible? I really want to hear what Cammy said to Tim.

What I thought was funny during that scene was Gerald's understated commentary.

"It is certainly some of the finest improvisation I have seen in my career, and, bless her heart, I really support what she's doing."

Moblog
zaknafein is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #157 (Print)
RTOlson
Butter your bacon!

Send a message via AIM to RTOlson
Regarding the frog:

This is a show about romance, right? Maybe the frog is a prince charming in disguise (didn't Bryce say something about that?) Montecore is a beautiful, if accident prone, princess.

Just a thought.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:06 PM   #158 (Print)
therlin

The title for next week's show is "Requiem for a frog".
therlin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 10:26 PM   #159 (Print)
lordsutch
He's also a client!

Send a message via ICQ to lordsutch Send a message via AIM to lordsutch Send a message via Yahoo to lordsutch
Quote:
Originally posted by jdp932
Favorite lines:
Cammy: "I'm done."
Derek: "So am I."

I had a little accident after hearing that. The timing was excellent. Comedic gold. Now it seems like there might be a little more incentive to purchase season two's DVD after seeing the rest of that game, if you know what I mean.

Not to mention that it's in-character for Derek, who had a little "pocket pool" subplot that the SpikeTV censors apparently didn't care for...

Of course, I was pretty much rolling from the beginning recap, where "Piper's mom" was asking Tim whether he'd donate his kidney to save poor "Piper's dad" if he were sucked into a turbine engine.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:56 PM   #160 (Print)
ahecht

Quote:
Originally posted by Fool Me Twice
I guess Ingrid has made a mistake already. From the new Schmo Blog:
Quote:
We first wanted the deceased to be a great grandmother, then changed it to a grandmother, and at last to a grandfather when Ingrid revealed to Amanda that both her grandmothers had already passed away (shocking, but even Ingrid makes mistakes!).

But then why did Amanda say that Ingrid'd Grandparents live with her parents?
ahecht is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 11:02 PM   #161 (Print)
muggum

We did shoot a ladies' lie detector session, but it just didn't turn out very funny. We didn't have a lot of time to spare, so we cut it out. I'm not even sure we'd include it as a behind-the-scenes DVD extra. It wasn't too entertaining.

Last edited by muggum : 07-14-2004 at 01:19 AM.
muggum is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-13-2004, 11:23 PM   #162 (Print)
Langree
Goomba

Send a message via AIM to Langree
The actor playing the father looked very familiar to me, tho I'm not sure from where. Character actor or soap opera keeps coming to mind.

It looked very much like our host was really enjoying the two models getting nasty with each other.
Langree is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 02:01 AM   #163 (Print)
appleye1
Obladi Oblada

Send a message via AIM to appleye1 Send a message via MSN to appleye1 Send a message via Yahoo to appleye1
Quote:
Originally posted by pmyers
actually, I could argue that those pictures help the case that it is the same person, even if I don't believe them to be.

I don't know. The nose and mouth are similar, but the eyes are completely different. Of course she could have had a (botched) eye job!

"Be excellent to one another." - Pan Chun

"All people can be divided into 10 groups. Those that understand binary and those that don't."

"'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' People say this to you with a straight face, and I always say, who...wants...flies?" - Bill Murray

DIRECTV subscriber since 02/96
TiVo user since 12/99
appleye1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 02:08 AM   #164 (Print)
Azlen

Quote:
Originally posted by TjMarshalABS

Below is a side by side comparison to Amanda Naughton (The Actress from Remember WENN) and Joe Schmo 2's Amanda. I'm going to side with Ralph on this one and predict that these are definately NOT the same two people, and that JS's Amanda is indeed legit. The photo itself below should put to rest any doubts. There are similar features, but I think the differences are more than striking as more than enough proof that they are indeed NOT one and the same.

The picture of the actress in the photo is not Amanda Naughton, its Dina Spybey.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0005457/
Azlen is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 03:52 AM   #165 (Print)
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:

We first wanted the deceased to be a great grandmother, then changed it to a grandmother, and at last to a grandfather when Ingrid revealed to Amanda that both her grandmothers had already passed away (shocking, but even Ingrid makes mistakes!).

Okay, I'm an idiot. This was actually mentioned on the show. I must have missed it when I got up to let my dog out. If only there was some way to pause live TV. Man, that would be cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by Azlen
The picture of the actress in the photo is not Amanda Naughton, its Dina Spybey.

So Amanda is played by Dina Spybey. SPY-bey. Do I need to spell this out? She's a spy! She's woking for the producers! I've so got this figured out!
Fool Me Twice is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 06:11 AM   #166 (Print)
TampaThunder
Mr. Dead Money

Send a message via ICQ to TampaThunder Send a message via Yahoo to TampaThunder
Quote:
If only there was some way to pause live TV. Man, that would be cool.

You're kidding, right?
TampaThunder is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 07:23 AM   #167 (Print)
Tallguy001

Quote:
Originally posted by Azlen

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0005457/

I believe Ralph, so this is just for fun. Doesn't the woman on the bottom-left look like it could be Amanda?

Image source - www.flyingdreams.org/tv/wenn/wennseason4.jpg

Old 07-14-2004, 09:26 AM   #168 (Print)
Mikkel_Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by muggum
We did shoot a ladies' lie detector session, but it just didn't turn out very funny. We didn't have a lot of time to spare, so we cut it out. I'm not even sure we'd include it as a behind-the-scenes DVD extra. It wasn't too entertaining.

Don't you dare even think about leaving it out!! We want all 24 hours of footage on the behind-the-scenes!! We cannot get enough!!!

Old 07-14-2004, 09:37 AM   #169 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

This will likely cause some to go "hmm", but I found a picture of the other Amanda Naughton at tvtome.com. The only problem is...they have a server error right now! Searching Google for the name will bring it up as the first link...and the pic is still in the Google cache.

I've attached a copy of it here. If this is indeed the actress Amanda, it's definitely not our Amanda. This is getting a little more annoying than the "is Matt an actor" stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amandaother.jpg (5.3 KB, 114 views)
Old 07-14-2004, 09:42 AM   #170 (Print)
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
I've attached a copy of it here. If this is indeed the actress Amanda, it's definitely not our Amanda. This is getting a little more annoying than the "is Matt an actor" stuff!

Actually,

I think Cammy is the only real person, but she doesn't know it. That dumb blond routine isn't an act. She's on TV so she thinks "I'm an actress!".
NJChris is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #171 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Quote:
I will spoiler this, because I think it's a possibility:

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
We've been told the name of our beloved falcon, Montecore, is significant. Of course, that's the name of the tiger which mauled Roy of Sigfried and Roy fame. I have a feeling he's involved this time, even if it involves him being mercifully put to sleep after somehow injuring a cast member - maybe Montecore finally gets "revenge" on Derek!
Has anyone caught on to the significance of the frog's name? I believe he's named for our very own Everett 'Rhett' Reese as an inside gag.

Though who here wouldn't have gone completely giddy if the frog's name had, instead, been 'Muggum'?
SparkleMotion is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 09:56 AM   #172 (Print)
Mikkel_Knight

Quote:
This will likely cause some to go "hmm", but I found a picture of the other Amanda Naughton at tvtome.com. The only problem is...they have a server error right now! Searching Google for the name will bring it up as the first link...and the pic is still in the Google cache.

That pic looks like Alyssa Milano after a makeup job gone horribly wrong...

Old 07-14-2004, 09:59 AM   #173 (Print)
SparkleMotion
Hot Patootie!

Quote:
Originally posted by TjMarshalABS
I'm more than willing to be the first one on this message board to admit that I was wrong and made a huge mistake and a very big off-prediction, but I'm willing to take that sacrafice.

She's not coming back until the last episode. I will personally kiss Inundated's feet if I am wrong!
I'm afraid you're gonna have to dine on toe jam sooner rather than later. She will be back...if not next week then the week after. But well before the show's end. They wouldn't have left the whole "Austin looking conflicted" thing in during the eviction ceremony otherwise.
SparkleMotion is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 10:07 AM   #174 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

*BIG* mention of the show, and some inside information about Tim, especially, in today's "Reliable Source" column in the trio's hometown paper, the Washington Post. Spoiler free in regards to the show's story arc:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...-2004Jul12.html

Apparently, the show is a big hit at Tim's place of work, where it seems to be treated like a football game in terms of the number of TVs they show it on! Too bad I'm nowhere near the DC area, or I'd show up...

This is a huge publicity shot for the show...the "Reliable Source" column is well read.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #175 (Print)
kitsap

Wow, Ingrid really is a smart cookie!

Quote:
Originally published in the Washington Post article cited above
"On the show I keep trying to engage people in conversations about world affairs," says Wiese, who has passed the State Department's Foreign Service exam, served as an election monitor in the Republic of Georgia and done consulting work on Sudan. "I try to talk about Iran and Afghanistan," but the producers warned her: "You're killing the comedy!"

Old 07-14-2004, 11:29 AM   #176 (Print)
wendiness

Quote:
I wonder if Tim was able to stand up immediately afterwards. The poor guy had nowhere to hide.

And no swimming pool to fall (jump) into like the last time!
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #177 (Print)
wendiness

Quote:

Unless they told her the story line and she informed them that she'd already told Amanda her grandmothers had already passed.
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 11:37 AM   #178 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Inundated: I don't know if it was you or the SpikeTV press department, but TV Guide has started listing JS2 in the "First Run" section of its printed guide! It is also now putting in the word "New" on the grid next to the JS2 entry.

Slowly, the stars are aligning for the August finale.
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #179 (Print)
mrcoaster
Tivomaniac

I thought for sure Tim's heart rate would have gone up a bit more with Cammy doing her thing during the game.

This ep was definitely a crazy one. The dinner ended up being a little crazier than I anticipated after the guys' dinner the previous week. As far as the eviction ceremony, I'd be stunned if Ingrid isn't back in some form or fashion. I think the "revelation" at the end of the ep was an indication as to what's to come.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #180 (Print)
pmyers

Send a message via AIM to pmyers
my heart rate when up more than Tim's!
pmyers is offline Report Bad Post Report Post