Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 08-09-2004, 12:56 PM   #151 (Print)
Fustanella
Homo sapiens tivus

This problem just cropped up for me while I was in HotLanta. I've requested a priority update as the OP indicated. Thanks all.
Fustanella is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 05:45 PM   #152 (Print)
tiorio

Ok well I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. Last night at 8PM I put in my serial number for the fix on the provided website. Today at 6PM I came home and forced a call on both of my Tivos. The software version was loaded to both. Now I just hope they continue to work properly
tiorio is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 06:08 PM   #153 (Print)
Fustanella
Homo sapiens tivus

Now that's quick.

I forced a call this afternoon, got "pending restart" in reply, so I rebooted and have c2 now. Let's hope the blank-video problem is gone, as I don't want to miss tonight's Daily Show with President Billy C.
Fustanella is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #154 (Print)
rfburns

WHAT?!?!? I'm on my third day since I entered my service number on the web site, and have been forcing calls every day, and still nothing!. Time to enter my service number on that web site several more times.
rfburns is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 06:25 PM   #155 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally posted by rfburns
WHAT?!?!? I'm on my third day since I entered my service number on the web site, and have been forcing calls every day, and still nothing!. Time to enter my service number on that web site several more times.

We process the query about once a day so you might want to re-check your TiVo service number if you haven't received the update within a couple of days. If you run into any issues getting the update, send me a PM with your name and TiVo service number and I will check it out.
TiVoBill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 07:37 PM   #156 (Print)
rfburns

I entered my service number on the website again, and I just made a call, and it now says 'pending restart'. My web browser auto-completed with the same service number, so I know I didn't mistype it. But, at any rate, I finally got the update. Thanks for the offer to help, though.
rfburns is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #157 (Print)
jsharper
rebmeM weN

rfburns: it is still possible you mis-entered it and you just happened to be scheduled to get it today anyway. They're not ONLY deploying it to those who fill out that priority web form.
jsharper is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #158 (Print)
JimSpence
Finally own HR10-250

My T60 successfully received and installed the "c" software.
Just love that TiVo guy animation the Sony still gives us when you hit the TiVo button.
Still waiting for the DSR6000 to update.
And, I didn't go the priority route.

Old 08-11-2004, 12:10 AM   #159 (Print)
stansell

Argggg - reboot problem

I believe I got the upgrade Sunday morning - T60, no mods.

Sunday afternoon, my TiVo began rebooting out of the blue every 20 minutes or so and still is. It takes it around 4 minutes to start up each time - making it impossible to watch anything without getting really annoyed.

Anyone else see this happen.

Is it a problem with the new software or do I have a HDD going out?

Would a backup of the HDD solve the problem - can I do that without loosing what I have recorded? I have a spare 40GB drive that could be used. Point me to the best location with a quick and easy method of transfering one HDD to a new one.

Thanks.
stansell is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-11-2004, 07:09 AM   #160 (Print)
newsposter
Poster of News

http://www.newreleasesvideo.com/hinsdale-how-to/

if your old drive is still good, you should be able to follow the instructions for copying to a new drive on hinsdales page...I had a bad drive and it did succesfully copy a few programs so there is hope. At a minimum, you would know if it's the drive or not after you copied.

also check out the first few postings on the upgrade forum for more detailed help if you need it.

retired (must watch though) Sony T60 2-160 drives
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder

“Be yourself, it’s easier isn’t it?”
newsposter is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-11-2004, 11:49 AM   #161 (Print)
cneth

Quote:
Originally posted by rfburns

1) Since software downloads come over the satellite now, and the phone call just activates the software, you'd think DirecTV could activate everyone's software on the very next call, especially in an emergency situation, which I consider this to be.

[...]

So, if they accidently introduced an even worse bug while trying to fix the current one, your method would result in EVERYONE having a broken receiver overnight, and then you'd be sure it was a plot to sell you a new one, and you'd also be totally ripped that you missed your shows. :-)

I believe this is the first update they've been able to distribute this way. Having the software prestaged and then only installing it in batches would seem to give the best of both worlds - fast file transfer and a controlled rollout, so that if there any weird problems they can nip them in the bud, and they can also bump people to the head of the list on demand.

Of course, the next step should be to have the list of who should get the update in the datastream also. They could control the pace of the rollout and avoid the phone nonsense altogether.

Craig
cneth is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-11-2004, 12:40 PM   #162 (Print)
legalaliens

I got on the list Monday night, forced a call yesterday, re-started and now have 3.1.0c2 on my DSR6000.

Sony SAT-HD300 Receiver
Toshiba 30HF83 HDTV Monitor
Sony KLV-23M1 LCD HDTV Monitor
legalaliens is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-12-2004, 07:06 AM   #163 (Print)
feobrien

Like many here, I had good results with signing up on the priority list. I signed up Tuesday night, I came home Wednesday, forced a call and now I have the updated version. No more frozen images!
feobrien is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-16-2004, 11:06 PM   #164 (Print)
pgmillard

I signed up for the priority update early today. When I got home, I checked my call status, and it send "pending restart". I restarted, and it installed everything. My sys-info shows 3.1.0c2, ...

HOWEVER - watching live TV tonight (the Olympics) on the local NBC channel showed the same behavior. The image _AND_ audio would just stop, then resume like 2-5 seconds later. When it resumed, lots of distorted images and pixelation followed. Has anyone else seen this????

HELP!
pgmillard is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-16-2004, 11:13 PM   #165 (Print)
pgmillard

Replying to my last post Could the "pausing" I'm seeing be due to adding an extra HD?? I added a 120GB drive not too long ago. Could my primary 40GB drive be dying?? It's only 2 years old.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:14 PM   #166 (Print)
trickyech

I just force updated to 3.1.0c2 on my T60 and the video on my tuner 2 is choppy and then freezing. It eventually goes to a black screen with no video or audio. Disconnecting the second tuner cable and reconfiguring the T60 to use just one tuner isolates the problem.

Anyone have any ideas why the update hasn't fixed the problem completely?

tricky
trickyech is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 07:08 AM   #167 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

Quote:
Originally posted by pgmillard
Replying to my last post Could the "pausing" I'm seeing be due to adding an extra HD?? I added a 120GB drive not too long ago. Could my primary 40GB drive be dying?? It's only 2 years old.

Do you still have a show saved from before the upgrade? if so, play that show and see if you get a problem...if you still have the problem, then it's not the new HD...

This was how I was able to isolate which HD was giving me trouble without having to take them both out and run diagnostics.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #168 (Print)
pgmillard

Quote:
Originally posted by Anubys
Do you still have a show saved from before the upgrade? if so, play that show and see if you get a problem...if you still have the problem, then it's not the new HD...

This was how I was able to isolate which HD was giving me trouble without having to take them both out and run diagnostics.

The problems I was seeing was with Live TV showing... not pre-recording programs. Is there still a way to isolate the problem?
Old 08-17-2004, 10:32 AM   #169 (Print)
Jonathan_S

I saw that problem on the NBC broadcasts as well. It has happened several times, sometimes the audio dies, sometime it keep playing after the video has died.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the broadcast though and not with my TiVo.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:58 AM   #170 (Print)
boody
Thumbs Up

Send a message via ICQ to boody Send a message via AIM to boody
Arrow 9:30 PDT reboot?!

Um, why did my receiver reboot and install at 9:30 PDT, in the middle of a recording no less?

boody is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:03 PM   #171 (Print)
Dan Collins
UltraGeek

Quote:
Originally posted by trickyech
I just force updated to 3.1.0c2 on my T60 and the video on my tuner 2 is choppy and then freezing. It eventually goes to a black screen with no video or audio. Disconnecting the second tuner cable and reconfiguring the T60 to use just one tuner isolates the problem.

Anyone have any ideas why the update hasn't fixed the problem completely?

tricky
Your description does NOT match the bug that C2 fixes. It rather sounds like a cable problem resulting in poor signal at that tuner.

240 GB DSR-708
80 GB DSR-7000 (Slingbox attached)
(All w/MRV)

Administrator - DBSForums.com
Dan Collins is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:16 PM   #172 (Print)
bkzoller

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan_S
I saw that problem on the NBC broadcasts as well. It has happened several times, sometimes the audio dies, sometime it keep playing after the video has died.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the broadcast though and not with my TiVo.

I've seen that on the Olympics broadcasts on NBC, but I also saw it a couple times on Speed Channel during last weekend's Formula One race. The picture froze and went dark for about 5-10 seconds while the audio continued. It looked like the old bug except that the problem went away without a reboot. It's hard to tell whether the problem was with the broadcast or with the TiVo, but the announcers did not apologize for the loss of picture like they usually do.

Brian
bkzoller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:18 PM   #173 (Print)
trickyech

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Collins
Your description does NOT match the bug that C2 fixes. It rather sounds like a cable problem resulting in poor signal at that tuner.

I'll check it again tonight to see if the problem is widespread among all the channels.
trickyech is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:33 PM   #174 (Print)
GregA

Quote:
Originally posted by bkzoller
I've seen that on the Olympics broadcasts on NBC, but I also saw it a couple times on Speed Channel during last weekend's Formula One race.

I saw it during the F1 race as well, and also noted the lack of apology. However, I suggest this is too much of a coincidence to be the c-naught bug.

GregA, gainfully C2d on a Sony T60.
GregA is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #175 (Print)
bkzoller

The problem on the F1 race was on a T60, but I also recorded the race on an HDVR2. If I were to find the same gaps in the video on the HDVR2, then that would seem to rule out the 3.1.0c bug. I'll check that tonight.

Brian
bkzoller is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:46 PM   #176 (Print)
krs7272

I can say I havent had any issues on my T60 but I never got the update. I didnt notice any freezinfg during the F1 race.

Sony T-60 (105 Hrs)
krs7272 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 09:46 PM   #177 (Print)
Kablemodem

Send a message via AIM to Kablemodem
I have logos again!!!!
Kablemodem is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 10:12 PM   #178 (Print)
Edmund
Remote Guru

The night before this thread started, I got the c2 fix on my T60, pending restart. I never give it another thought, until it started to freeze again. I looked on the info page, the T60 was back 3.1.0c? The fix was gone. I had to get on the priority list.
Edmund is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-17-2004, 10:20 PM   #179 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

This thread was started before 3.1.0c2 had been activated over the phone. It had already been downloaded over the sat but I do not know of anyone that had it activated besides manual hacking.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:51 PM   #180 (Print)
Edmund
Remote Guru

Re: Update on 3.1.0c video playback issue (a fix is coming!)

Quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill
I just wanted to give Series1 customers who have seen the video playback issues in 3.1.0c a heads up that a new software version is coming.

We are beginning the 3.1.0c2 rollout tonight. We believe that this software version should fix the issues reported in various threads. This software will be sent to all Series1 DIRECTV DVRs with TiVo (Service numbers start with 001, 011, 031) over the course of the next few weeks.

For those of you who are anxious, you can sign up for the priority list at:

http://research.tivo.com/310c2priority

It may still take a couple of days for you to get the software, but adding youself to the list will likely speed things up. We appreciate your feedback and patience while we worked with DIRECTV to fix this issue as soon as possible.

That night, this night, whatever night, I got the update the first night, And it went away. Get the gist. I don't hack anything, especially with my webtv.
Edmund is offline Report Bad Post Report Post