July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2004, 03:44 PM   #121 (Print)
Leon WIlkinson
Drink and be saved

Who here is going to do this first

You decide to buy 6 TiVos w/service and refer it to yourself, using a different address That way you would be able max out the MSD [Multi-Service Discount] and replace and sell your your old TiVos. then use the TiVo rewards to get a free TiVo, which could be sold also.
Leon WIlkinson is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-24-2004, 03:49 PM   #122 (Print)
drosoph
Distinguished Member

Send a message via AIM to drosoph Send a message via Yahoo to drosoph
Quote:
Originally posted by Leon WIlkinson
You decide to buy 6 TiVos w/service and refer it to yourself, using a different address That way you would be able max out the MSD [Multi-Service Discount] and replace and sell your your old TiVos. then use the TiVo rewards to get a free TiVo, which could be sold also.

You can't refer to yourself. You could only buy them on a new account and refer to your old one. Honestly, I think that the way the system works ... This might work .. but you would have the risk of shelling out a BUNCH of money for 5 TiVos, that you would have to HOPE would sell for approx what you paid!

I don't know if they had another restrictions that state that the same person cannot use you as a referrer more than once or anything ...

I say, YOU try it and let us know how it goes!

Old 08-24-2004, 04:03 PM   #123 (Print)
Leon WIlkinson
Drink and be saved

If I had 10 TiVos like some, I might try it.

I don't make enough money to become a total TiVo NUT Now the hospital could afford to do this with the money I and BCBS gave them.
Leon WIlkinson is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-24-2004, 08:38 PM   #124 (Print)
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Quote:
Originally posted by stevel
Um, what showcase? Shanan had a showcase? Oh, that's right. We DirecTiVo users are shut out again.... We can't even get credit for DirecTiVo activations.

I'd trade my referral points in for multiroom viewing via DTiVo
MighTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-25-2004, 10:04 AM   #125 (Print)
Gunnyman
Hamob

Is there any way for us DirecTiVo owners to get in on some of the sweet TiVo swag?
I'd love a fan kit.

Gunnyman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-25-2004, 10:34 AM   #126 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnyman2k3
Is there any way for us DirecTiVo owners to get in on some of the sweet TiVo swag?
I'd love a fan kit.

Anyone 18 or older can join the TiVo Rewards program. Any referral to activate TiVo service (excluding DIRECTV DVR with TiVo activations or BSKYB activations) will give you 5000 points and you can earn more points if you sign up for the TiVo credit card. Refer to www.tivo.com/rewards and click on the "FAQ" link for conditions and details.
TiVoBill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-25-2004, 01:33 PM   #127 (Print)
JustAllie
Not-Captain

Send a message via AIM to JustAllie
I have one of those TiVo promotional DVDs rattling around somewhere at home, and I'm thinking of bringing it in to work to try to convert some of the folks there (and get some referral credits).

Is this DVD still current, or will it give outdated information given all the recent changes to the TiVo service and its pricing?

I seem to recall that the DVD talks about the HMO service, but I can't remember whether it mentions a price for that service.

If it's out of date, is there a new, updated promo DVD available?

Old 08-25-2004, 01:58 PM   #128 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally posted by JustAllie
I have one of those TiVo promotional DVDs rattling around somewhere at home, and I'm thinking of bringing it in to work to try to convert some of the folks there (and get some referral credits).

Is this DVD still current, or will it give outdated information given all the recent changes to the TiVo service and its pricing?

I seem to recall that the DVD talks about the HMO service, but I can't remember whether it mentions a price for that service.

If it's out of date, is there a new, updated promo DVD available?

There is currently not a new DVD, but the old one is still great for that TiVo 101 info. Most of the DVD is focused on lifestyle, ease of use, and feature aspects of the product so it should still work great. You can just add a "Home Media Option is now included" disclaimer when you hand out the DVD.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:41 PM   #129 (Print)
JustAllie
Not-Captain

Thanks, I'll add that note about Home Media Option being included. And I'll also be sure to include the e-mail address I've registered with the TiVo Rewards program.

Old 08-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #130 (Print)
TerpBE
Go Terps!

I saw that this question was asked, but didn't find any clear answer. I referred someone who just bought and activated 2 new Tivos. Is that worth 5,000 or 10,000 points?

Also, the "Request credit" web page doesn't seem to accept my friends info (I emailed support about this...waiting for their reply).
TerpBE is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-25-2004, 05:02 PM   #131 (Print)
ashu
The reTurbanator!

Send a message via AIM to ashu Send a message via Yahoo to ashu
Quote:
Originally posted by TerpBE

Also, the "Request credit" web page doesn't seem to accept my friends info (I emailed support about this...waiting for their reply).

Do post their response - I did the same (all the info IS accurate), and got a "Ooops - error int he information entered" or eequivalent screen. Maybe the Request Credit thingy is broken?

Old 08-25-2004, 05:29 PM   #132 (Print)
TiVoBill

Can anybody seeing an issue with the "Request Credit" form send me a PM with the info you put on that form so that I can check it out?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:09 PM   #133 (Print)
peteypete

Anybody get a reward yet??

Pete
peteypete is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-25-2004, 09:30 PM   #134 (Print)
pianoman
:-|

Send a message via AIM to pianoman
TivoBill correctly identified my issue (incorrect email address for my referral) so I now have my first referral at 5,000 points.

pianoman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-26-2004, 09:05 PM   #135 (Print)
elkyss
unknown host

I saw someone state here you can't refer yourself. That is not the way I read the terms. I just bought a new unit and lifetime service, and put my account in as the referer. Tivo gets the same cashflow whether this was me or my neighbor.

The definition of "subscriber" dosen't seem to exclude me using me:

Quote:
1. Members have the opportunity to accrue points by referring a qualifying "Subscriber" to the TiVo® service.

A qualifying "Subscriber" to the TiVo service is:

(a) an individual person;

(b) who activates a new TiVo service subscription (excluding TiVo Basic service subscriptions and TiVo service subscriptions through DirecTV and BSKYB) after August 10, 2004 for at least thirty (30) days;

(c) the referring member cannot have previously received referral credit for the same TSN (the TiVo Service Number unique to each TiVo DVR); and

(d) the reactivation of a TiVo service subscription on the same TSN is specifically excluded.

I meet these criteria and I generated business for TiVo, which is what this program is supposed to do. I expect to be credited with the referral ponts.
elkyss is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-27-2004, 09:11 AM   #136 (Print)
ashu
The reTurbanator!

Oh yeah, lest I forget, TiVoBill took care of my issue as well ... so a pending referral is now 'in the books'

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2004, 01:48 PM   #137 (Print)
dolcevita

Rebates and referrals

OK, maybe I am being just extra blonde today, but help me out here. I am going to do some early Christmas shopping today and buy Tivos for several people using Circuit City's great closeout price.

For me to get the rebate, the Tivos need to be activated and the submission postmarked by 11/30. For me to get rewards points, the recipients need to activate them.

Is the only way to do this to give these as early gifts a month before the holiday?
dolcevita is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-29-2004, 06:09 PM   #138 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Re: Rebates and referrals

Quote:
Originally posted by dolcevita
OK, maybe I am being just extra blonde today, but help me out here. I am going to do some early Christmas shopping today and buy Tivos for several people using Circuit City's great closeout price.

For me to get the rebate, the Tivos need to be activated and the submission postmarked by 11/30. For me to get rewards points, the recipients need to activate them.

Is the only way to do this to give these as early gifts a month before the holiday?

not a perfect world but you could activate these ahead of time in the time restraints given , find out some shows they like and have them on the TiVo when they get it. You could pay some months ahead and give them time to decide if they go monthly or not. Of course I would be happiest getting a TiVo that had lifetime paid on it already

now you would have to setup a new account for each and then transfer that account to them at gift giving time. This would break the spirit of the rewards program except that you are giving these to other people.

also I might add - I can not imagine that TiVo will ignore the holiday sales period and NOT have some great rebate program going then as well , but that is purely speculation on my part.
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #139 (Print)
JustAllie
Not-Captain

Quote:
I saw that this question was asked, but didn't find any clear answer. I referred someone who just bought and activated 2 new Tivos. Is that worth 5,000 or 10,000 points?

I still haven't seen a clear answer to this one. Honestly I'd prefer a disappointing answer to no answer, which is what we have now (unless I missed it somewhere).

Similarly, a friend of mine wants to give two TiVos to her two aunts who live together. Would my friend get two reward credits, one for each of her aunts? Would it depend on whether the two aunts share a TiVo service account or activate the two TiVos under separate accounts?

Old 08-30-2004, 09:50 AM   #140 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:

If both of the TiVo boxes were never activated before, and both activations listed you as the referrer, you will receive 10,000 points.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:51 AM   #141 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:

Similarly, a friend of mine wants to give two TiVos to her two aunts who live together. Would my friend get two reward credits, one for each of her aunts? Would it depend on whether the two aunts share a TiVo service account or activate the two TiVos under separate accounts?

If both of the TiVo boxes were never activated before, and both activations listed your friend as the referrer, your friend will receive 10,000 points
Old 08-30-2004, 09:57 AM   #142 (Print)
JustAllie
Not-Captain

TiVo Bill, thank you so much for the response!

I just sent an e-mail to my friend and hopefully she'll buy those TiVos ASAP, because the current prices are astoundingly low.

In fact, I couldn't resist today's $179 price at Amazon.com for the new silver TiVo boxes, so I bought myself two, as well. Or maybe I'll give one away as a birthday gift. I can't decide, but at that price, I had to go for it!

JustAllie

Old 08-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #143 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
In fact, I couldn't resist today's $179 price at Amazon.com for the new silver TiVo boxes, so I bought myself two, as well. Or maybe I'll give one away as a birthday gift. I can't decide, but at that price, I had to go for it!

JustAllie

my Birthday is Oct 19th, well within the rebate activation period .
Old 08-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #144 (Print)
JustAllie
Not-Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeoTiVo
my Birthday is Oct 19th, well within the rebate activation period .

LOL. I was thinking of my brother's birthday. However, at these prices, it's almost worth it to give them away if the recipient promises to activate it for at least 30 days (so you'll get the rebate) and give you the referral. (I guess that rules out my idea of handing out TiVo boxes on a street corner, because the random passersby might just resell it, and you'd get no rebate and no referral... darn it.)

Old 08-30-2004, 12:40 PM   #145 (Print)
slease

Just bought a tivo thanks to some great information on this forum. First person to reply with their rewards email address gets used on my activation.
slease is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #146 (Print)
Dan203
Cyn-er

Quote:
Originally posted by slease
Just bought a tivo thanks to some great information on this forum. First person to reply with their rewards email address gets used on my activation.

PM sent. <fingers crossed>

Dan

All with Lifetime
Note: Two of the above TiVos actually belong to loopey, but I have access to them so I'm counting them

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" - loopey
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoPony (link)
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoOpsMgr (link)
Dan203 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-30-2004, 01:14 PM   #147 (Print)
slease

you got it.
slease is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-30-2004, 01:22 PM   #148 (Print)
ashu
The reTurbanator!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan203
PM sent. <fingers crossed>

Dan

Damn! Does that crossing of fingers give you a better (responsive) trigger finger?

Old 08-30-2004, 01:31 PM   #149 (Print)
Dan203
Cyn-er

Cool thanks.

Dan

All with Lifetime
Note: Two of the above TiVos actually belong to loopey, but I have access to them so I'm counting them

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" - loopey
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoPony (link)
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoOpsMgr (link)
Dan203 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-31-2004, 07:47 AM   #150 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan203
Cool thanks.

Dan

uumm Dan?
You are a great source of knowledge on this site and definitely add to it in every way but,

didn't you delete a thread when the original content was removed and instead it was a bunch of posts asking for a referral ? And how is this different? just asking.