SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 09-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #31 (Print)
JEbbesen
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Inundated
CHIP AND KIM ROCK!!!! YAY!!!!

We're so glad those *****didn't win. Either Chip/Kim or Brandon Nicki were ok. Very tense finish thanks to very deceiving camera work. Well done!
JEbbesen is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #32 (Print)
pcgrrll
Just call me jelly

That was AWESOME! I'm so glad Chip & Kim won

Weird that there was a Chip on last season's winning team too...
pcgrrll is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:19 PM   #33 (Print)
jradosh
Landscaper Wannabe

Had to laugh at Colin's farewell speech. "I've enjoyed seeing the world and experiencing other cultures" Ha!

I'm so glad for C&K and even forgive them the "lie" they told. Brandon and NichOOl were such naive players... they deserve to be lied to. And if you don't know what vertigo means...

Favorite moment...
Colin and Kristie are climbing the hill just ahead of Brandon and NichOOl. Brandon says "picture Jesus at the top of the hill". Cut to Colin saying "think of a million dollars". Interesting juxtapositioning. Kudos CBS.

And then Brandon mentioned Jesus and they cut to a shot of the sky as if to say "there He is" or something. Cracked me up each time they did that (twice I think).

Great finale

Old 09-21-2004, 10:21 PM   #34 (Print)
Rangers4me
The One and Only

Yes! Finally a like-able winner... I can't wait until next season!

The Shave-My sacrifice for a Rangers playoff appearance.

Now lets win a game!
Rangers4me is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:22 PM   #35 (Print)
scrabbler

I'm so happy!

The more the others talked about how "unfair" were playing smartly (come on, do you expect them to not yield you if they have the chance and to just give you the right answer on the penultimate leg of the race?), the more I rooted for C&K. They played a smart race and overcame their physical disadvantage over the younger more fit teams. And they did it while not making me hate them. I call that a happy ending!

I only wish they had been able to hide C&K so C&C would think that they were first, until Phil revealed their placement to them. Yeah, kind of hateful of me to want to bring their hopes up and crush them like that. But between the whining about the yield being unfair (when it's part of the game) and Christy's screaming to yell over pedestrians, I have no sympathy for them. I'm so elated that the lovely Chip and Kim won. I'd take a trip around the world with them any day.
scrabbler is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:23 PM   #36 (Print)
etexlady

Congrats to Chip (the man) and Kim

I couldn't believe Chip and Kim stood by the cab and fumbled around putting their packs on when they arrived at the park. I was yelling at the TV for them to RUNNNNNNNN!!! I was so afraid that Collin and Christi were going to pull up, hit the ground at warp spreed and beat them by steps to the finish line. It's great to have a team win that I have liked and enjoyed from the start.

I wish the moms could have been in the final three. It seems the last tasks favored the younger, stronger men. I was prepared for C/C or B/N to win but as the show went on I found myself disliking B/N more and more and I sure didn't support C/C.

By the way, I'm not sure it was on this board, but I saw a spoiler showing the three final teams working on a task in Canada. It was building a teepee. Wonder where that footage went?
etexlady is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:24 PM   #37 (Print)
David Platt
Large Ebony Rooster

Send a message via AIM to David Platt
Quote:
Originally posted by jradosh
Favorite moment...
Colin and Kristie are climbing the hill just ahead of Brandon and NichOOl. Brandon says "picture Jesus at the top of the hill". Cut to Colin saying "think of a million dollars". Interesting juxtapositioning. Kudos CBS.

My favorite moment (and I think maybe my new catch phrase, which I'm sure is going to drive all my friends batty):

"It's on like Donkey Kong!"

Old 09-21-2004, 10:25 PM   #38 (Print)
TiVoLance
Chihuahua Pillow

I liked last season's winners Well I'm happy with this year's winners too if only because Colin and Christy didn't win.

TiVoLance is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:26 PM   #39 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Send a message via AIM to Inundated
Quote:
I'm so glad for C&K and even forgive them the "lie" they told. Brandon and NichOOl were such naive players... they deserve to be lied to. And if you don't know what vertigo means...

Hah.

Well, B&N deserved it, frankly...mildly following Chip and Kim like a couple of lost puppies. You're near the end of the race, folks...you have to figure stuff out on your own!

I just KNEW the Bowling Moms were done when I saw the climb up the rocks. And I just KNEW Colin was gonna come bounce up the line up to the top like he was running it. But...it all came down to that 2 hour delayed flight out of Calgary...and Chip & Kim's ability to find that out first, ironically, because they were delayed.

C&C thought they had it all planned...their personal driver, presumably willing to risk anything short of death and likely promised a big payday at the end. (Are there rules about getting extra help along the way...with a promise to be paid back big if they win the big prize?) They figured they'd send their carry on stuff ahead. They were "dialed in". But as Chip noted...you'd think they'd book more than one flight! That may have been the biggest mistake that cost Team Evil the big bucks.
Inundated is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:30 PM   #40 (Print)
Marc

I was definitely on the "anyone but Colin & Christie" bandwagon, but I would have been happy with either Linda & Karen or Chip & Kim to win.

Kim had some seriously great luck being able to plan for that original flight delay early on. That definitely cinched the win for them, although I was seriously nervous watching Chip & Kim getting stuck in traffic while Colin & Christie's driver was zipping around using the emergency lane.
Marc is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #41 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Re: Congrats to Chip (the man) and Kim

Quote:
Originally posted by etexlady
I couldn't believe Chip and Kim stood by the cab and fumbled around putting their packs on when they arrived at the park. I was yelling at the TV for them to RUNNNNNNNN!!! I was so afraid that Collin and Christi were going to pull up, hit the ground at warp spreed and beat them by steps to the finish line.

You weren't far away from my own "nightmare comeback" situation with Colin and Christie.

As Chip and Kim were heading up to the finish line, taking time to shed their backpacks and stuff along the way, I was half convinced Colin and Christie got out of their driver's car at a helicopter pad, and were going to fly in and drop in front of Chip and Kim out of the sky!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:44 PM   #42 (Print)
David Platt
Large Ebony Rooster

Send a message via AIM to David Platt
Re: Re: Congrats to Chip (the man) and Kim

Quote:
Originally posted by Inundated
As Chip and Kim were heading up to the finish line, taking time to shed their backpacks and stuff along the way, I was half convinced Colin and Christie got out of their driver's car at a helicopter pad, and were going to fly in and drop in front of Chip and Kim out of the sky!

With the amount of money they gave them for that last leg, the thought definitely crossed my mind. $600?? What the heck did they need all that money for? Although there was probably a LOT of throwing money at the final cab drivers that we didn't get to see.....

Old 09-21-2004, 10:50 PM   #43 (Print)
jradosh
Landscaper Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by David Platt
My favorite moment (and I think maybe my new catch phrase, which I'm sure is going to drive all my friends batty):

"It's on like Donkey Kong!"

"I'm chillin' like a villian"

He had some great lines tonight, that's for sure!

Oh, and how about Colin and Christie's driver in Texas He looked one gene strand away from a role in Deliverance. Those shots of him from under the steering wheel were both hilarious and scary at the same time.

Old 09-21-2004, 10:52 PM   #44 (Print)
JETarpon
Fish

If it had just been the delayed flight, the other two teams would have recovered. When they got to Denver, they could have gotten on the waiting list, and probably would have been able to convince enough other passengers to take the bump, or convince the gate agent to move them up the list.

The real problem was that they gave up their flexibility when they checked their luggage. They should have learned by this point that you need to be able to switch flights at the drop of a hat, if that's required. If you have checked luggage, you have to be on the flight with your luggage. You can't argue/cajole/beg/plead/whine your way out of it.

And as for Chip telling Brandon that it was the wrong flag, that was no more wrong than Brandon trying to ride along on Chip's coattails, and expecting Chip to do the work for him, at this stage of the race. Chip's mistake was not telling Brandon to check the flag himself the first time, when it was the wrong one.
JETarpon is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:53 PM   #45 (Print)
scubagal

How could ANYBODY actually like Flo??

and her meltdown on the TwoP forums after her complete assclown behaivor on the show????

but I digress..... I actually got a little teary eyed- YEAH CHIP AND KIM!

Just goes to prove you can win the game and still treat your partner civil..... blah blah, stress, fatigue, blah blah.... there is little excuse to speak to their SO the way some of these couples did, Chip and Kim ROCKED!
scubagal is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 11:00 PM   #46 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Re: Re: Re: Congrats to Chip (the man) and Kim

Quote:
With the amount of money they gave them for that last leg, the thought definitely crossed my mind. $600?? What the heck did they need all that money for? Although there was probably a LOT of throwing money at the final cab drivers that we didn't get to see.....

Maybe they give 'em that kind of money on the last leg *hoping* someone "thinks outside the box" and makes it a more exciting finish.

This speaks to my earlier question...is it forbidden for the teams to promise folks a much larger amount of money...say, out of the million? When you're down to three teams, whoever takes up that offer would have a pretty good one-in-three shot of getting a decent chunk of change somewhat more than $600... I could see Colin and Christie promising the driver $10,000 or something...to a man who could have successfully delivered them to the promised Land of Phil.

(Then again, maybe they DID...he did look pretty willing to put himself and the car in harm's way.)
Old 09-21-2004, 11:07 PM   #47 (Print)
esperantisto
La internacia lingvo

Colin and Christie were still better racers. C&K got lucky. Though I'm not bummed they won, as long as it wasn't B&N.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:11 PM   #48 (Print)
loubob57
Unmotivated

Yay!!! I was so afraid that C&C were somehow going to pull it off. Hooray for Chip & Kim.

I was watching with several other people tonight and we were so surprised when they were directed to the Fort Worth Stockyards. None of us remember hearing that any of this was shot in Fort Worth.
loubob57 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 11:20 PM   #49 (Print)
jradosh
Landscaper Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by esperantisto
Colin and Christie were still better racers. C&K got lucky. Though I'm not bummed they won, as long as it wasn't B&N.
They were better at the challenges, but they screwed up by not checking their flight status (mistake #1) every hour or so. C&K did check the status and this got them ahead. And then C&C didn't get to the airport early and that was mistake #2 in this episode. And then they checked their bags and that was mistake #3.

So I wouldn't say that they were the better racers in this episode. They let C&K come from third place to first by virtue of their own blunders.

Yay C&K

Old 09-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #50 (Print)
laria

When I saw them packing their stuff into boxes, I assumed they were going to ship the stuff to their homes via UPS or Fedex or something. That would have been a better idea.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:28 PM   #51 (Print)
crowfan
I Voted for Pedro

I friggin LOVE this show.

I wouldn't have been upset with any of the final 4 winning. I didn't hate C&C -- they ran a great race overall. But I was happy for C&K -- they deserved it too!

Can't wait for next season!!

crow
crowfan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-21-2004, 11:37 PM   #52 (Print)
Inundated
Barely Tolerated

Quote:
Originally posted by laria
When I saw them packing their stuff into boxes, I assumed they were going to ship the stuff to their homes via UPS or Fedex or something. That would have been a better idea.

It would have, and I bet they could have done so somehow from the airport.... FedEx, UPS or some sort of "air freight"...
Old 09-21-2004, 11:53 PM   #53 (Print)
DavidTigerFan
Itchin' for Vegas

Send a message via AIM to DavidTigerFan Send a message via Yahoo to DavidTigerFan
Number one rule when travelling and needed to have flexibility...NEVER check bags!

I liked Chip and Kim, I'm glad they won out over B&N...those two were too damn stupid to win. I mean come on...who the hell doesn't know how to ride a bike. They lost my respect when they didn't ahve the cahones to shave their heads. You join this race to win the game...

C&C outplayed EVERYONE in that game and deserved to win...just goes to show that some stupid little thing like a plane delay can screw you. I do agree though that Colin made mistakes. That late in the game I think I'd have been checking the status of that flight every hour. Or I'd ahve stayed in the airport if I could have.

Also, I am really proud of the moms. I'd love to have either of them as my mom!

Old 09-22-2004, 01:18 AM   #54 (Print)
dr_mal
It's CWS time

Send a message via ICQ to dr_mal Send a message via AIM to dr_mal
Re: Re: Re: Congrats to Chip (the man) and Kim

Quote:
With the amount of money they gave them for that last leg, the thought definitely crossed my mind. $600?? What the heck did they need all that money for?

Just in Calgary, they had a 90-minute cab ride from the airport to Banff. Then another good 60-80 minutes to COP and then probably half an hour to the airport again. That must've cost them a decent chunk of change.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:29 AM   #55 (Print)
wendiness

Quote:
"
Oh, and how about Colin and Christie's driver in Texas He looked one gene strand away from a role in Deliverance. Those shots of him from under the steering wheel were both hilarious and scary at the same time.

Now that you mention it, how did they get that shot? Surely they didn't use up C & C's time to set up a camera there. Hmmmm?
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2004, 01:38 AM   #56 (Print)
Idearat

When Nicole was having one of her tantrums in Calgary I briefly hoped they would arrive first. Then in imagined Brandon slowing down and having second thoughts about be so completely tied to the whiner. But then, he didn't hear her comments when he was climbing the rock and she was commenting on not doing anything.

I think Colin and Christie were very competitive, but it wouldn't be fair to not attribute some of their leads to luck. They got the 12 hour lead going to Egypt due to barely catching a flight, then being the first to arrive at the FastForward. Skill got them those few mins to catch the flight but luck kept the others delayed in Europe for hours.

The setting up of the Town Car was a great move. Chip and Kim walked out of the aiport at DFW at 1:06 and caught a random minivan. Colin and Christie touched down at 1:16 and had a car waiting. It's not clear if that meant they were only 10 mins behind or if they had to get through the airport first, but their fast car wasn't enough make up for the delay. Editing showed C&K spending a long time in the maze, but we can't tell if they spent more time than C&C.

I'm happy with the results. I'd have been happier if the Mom's had made it to the last leg rather than the kids.
Idearat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2004, 01:39 AM   #57 (Print)
wendiness

Okay, now that I've collected my thoughts:

Not sure C & K used good strategy when they allowed B & N to share the ride with them. Can you say "flat tire"? "Out of gas?" There was a chance that, had B & N taken another vehicle something could have happened to it. Okay, so it irrelevant now. But was that good strategy?

Wondering if there were any yields in these last two legs. Apparently not. Why not?

Love it when Brandon was looking through binoculars (only one lens was uncapped). So they cut to a "binocular view" with a single circle instead of the traditional two!

C & C fell out of the kayak!

Christie's comment about karma was a riot (and no, we don't need the Karma Chameleon or Carmen Electra jokes).

I would have loved to have seen the cops pull over C & C's driver for driving on the shoulder! This time Colin's reaction WOULD have landed him in jail. What a great ending that would have been!

And I would have given anything to see the looks on C & C's faces when they first realized C & K were standing at the finish line.
wendiness is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2004, 01:44 AM   #58 (Print)
TeeSee
Tiiin ROOF. Rusted!

Send a message via Yahoo to TeeSee
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidTigerFan
C&C outplayed EVERYONE in that game and deserved to win...just goes to show that some stupid little thing like a plane delay can screw you. I do agree though that Colin made mistakes. That late in the game I think I'd have been checking the status of that flight every hour. Or I'd ahve stayed in the airport if I could have.

Totally agree. They were easily the best, IMO. The thing that got them was the airline delay. Chip and Kim did not deserve to win as players. But as people they were worlds above Colin and Christie. I very much enjoyed this finale.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:53 AM   #59 (Print)
ccouger
Evil Minion

Send a message via Yahoo to ccouger
Yea! Chip and Kim! Yea! Finally, a show where the good guys win! They enjoyed the race, they treated the people of the other countries with respect, and they treated each other with respect and love. I'm so glad they won this.

I did like how the Moms were still supportive of each other at the end when they were kayaking to the pit stop. They knew it was over, but they were still playful and trying to stay cheerful. I'm sure in private it was a bit harder to keep up appearances, but you know those younger drama queens would have been flooding the boat with tears at that point or pouting. I wish the Moms had made it to third place, but at least they got this far. And they were the true teammates of the race, splitting the tasks pretty much evently throughout. What a cry baby Nicole is. Does that woman think for the rest of her life she's always going to have someone to help her out when things get tough? She's lucky Brandon is so sweet tempered. He put up with a lot of her moodiness.

I also hoped C&C would get pulled over in traffic, if anything just to see Colin go beserk in front of an America policeman. At least he had the sense in the airport to just back off and not throw a temper tantrum about the checked bags. I though Fed Ex too when they were taping them up, what a dumb mistake. Shows how over confident they were about the flight.

An excellent end to another great race. Great music, great editing. Fantastic!
ccouger is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2004, 03:44 AM   #60 (Print)
GameGuru

Quote:
Originally posted by scubagal
How could ANYBODY actually like Flo??

and her meltdown on the TwoP forums after her complete assclown behaivor on the show????

Do you happen to have a link to that particular thread? I would love to read it!
GameGuru is offline Report Bad Post Report Post