SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 09-28-2004, 03:22 PM   #31 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

Quote:
Originally posted by kimsan
I have *yet* to get 3.1.1c

The old DSR6000 bumped up to 3.1.0c within days of release. Moot point as it was immediately ousted by the HR10-250. HR10-250 got its software bump already as well.

Yesterday I pulled the 120gb drive from the DSR6000 and returned its original 40gb. One call in (even though it's officially out of service) and it updated to 3.2.0c.
Is 3.2.0c a typo? The latest version is 3.1.0c2 for the Series 1 machines. I have not seen any 3.2 downloaded from the satellites.

Since you already had 3.1.0c your machine has already been on the activated list. If you ever go down a software version it will update to your latest active version in 1 or 2 calls. I am a bit surpised you have not gotten 3.1.0c2 yet.
rminsk is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #32 (Print)
Oknarf

Wink

Just got "d". So where's my HMO?

A64, 1GB, 1TB, Dual Tuner, Win MCE
HTL-HD 4 Sale!
DSR708 80hr 6.2
DSR708 80hr 6.2+ ;-)
HDVR2 160GB 6.2+ ;-)
DSR6000 120GB
Oknarf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-28-2004, 05:17 PM   #33 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

Quote:
Originally posted by Oknarf
Just got "d". So where's my HMO?
Talk to your medical insurance provider...
Old 09-28-2004, 07:07 PM   #34 (Print)
Sandtigrr

Send a message via ICQ to Sandtigrr Send a message via AIM to Sandtigrr Send a message via Yahoo to Sandtigrr
A Discovery

I was checking on my season passes after downloading the update and saw something new.

Multiple channels listed under a single season pass! It looks like the season passes for favorite shows now scans all your channels for the same show and lists those as well! This is a welcome addition for any of the syndicated shows out there!

I'm still looking around to see if there are any other changes. I think I will stress test it and see if the audio bug on dolby digital output is finally fixed on my kenwood (I HOPE!).

Old 09-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #35 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

Season passes still only record the channel they were created on. Wishlists record all channels. If they change this functionality it would cause alot of problems for people who avoid recording all channels because some channels on syndicated shows do not give proper discriptions.

Old 09-28-2004, 07:38 PM   #36 (Print)
OLdDog
Reformed Druid

Re: A Discovery

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandtigrr
...Multiple channels listed under a single season pass! It looks like the season passes for favorite shows now scans all your channels for the same show and lists those as well! ...
This is the way it has always been.(At least since there has been a "view upcoming") While the SP (View upcoming) shows all shows the SP only records off of the ch it was set up on.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:30 PM   #37 (Print)
kimsan
underling

Send a message via AIM to kimsan
Quote:
Originally posted by rminsk
Is 3.2.0c a typo? The latest version is 3.1.0c2 for the Series 1 machines. I have not seen any 3.2 downloaded from the satellites.

Since you already had 3.1.0c your machine has already been on the activated list. If you ever go down a software version it will update to your latest active version in 1 or 2 calls. I am a bit surpised you have not gotten 3.1.0c2 yet.

Yup, it was a typo. And I'm not sure if it was 3.1.0c or c2 to be honest since the unit was going into hibernation. Or so I thought.

HDVR2(3) drive upgrade was successful, but the power supply went bang on power up. I'll re- configure the 120gb for the DSR6000 and put it back on line tomorrow. That leaves me with an HDVR2 carcass and 40gb drive worth more than a new unit.

Disaster, but not a loss.

kim
kimsan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-28-2004, 09:10 PM   #38 (Print)
Sandtigrr

Send a message via ICQ to Sandtigrr Send a message via AIM to Sandtigrr Send a message via Yahoo to Sandtigrr
Looks like the dd5.1 issue with kenwood recievers is fixed. Now when I change the channel from a digital audio channel to another channel the reciever switches audio modes automatically like its supposed to. At least this is good news for those of us that were still having problems with this.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:19 PM   #39 (Print)
Drewster
modmini

3.1.1d just landed here.

Apr 18-21: Cleveland Rocks!
Drewster is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 03:56 AM   #40 (Print)
DVDKingdom

3.1.1d arrived for one of my units today.

Old 09-29-2004, 05:09 AM   #41 (Print)
biker
Outlaw

I just received 3.1.1d today.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:16 AM   #42 (Print)
shadoh

Quote:
Originally posted by smithken31100
How do you know if it's been downloaded? I don't see anything on my system info screen indicating that there is a new software version waiting to be activated.

Typically, either in the call setup screen or on the system information screen (under the "Last Phone Call status" area), it will say "Pending Reboot". The way it usually works is your TiVo calls in, downloads the software, and sits on it until the next maintenance window, where it will reboot the machine, and during the reboot is when the software gets upgraded. So if your status just says "Successful", then you don't have new software available yet (or it has already installed -- look at the software version). Otherwise, if you see "Pending Reboot", the next time you reboot it, it will update (or the next night it will reboot itself).
shadoh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 09:22 AM   #43 (Print)
jamielee

Everyone I know with a HDVR2 forced a daily call, and got the 3.1.1d download on the 1st call, so if you do not have it try to force the call.

HDVR2
DRD435RH
72.5, 101, 110, 119 sats
(((XM))) Delphi MyFi
COX HIGH SPEED INTERNET
jamielee is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 10:07 AM   #44 (Print)
sbursik

I have forced the call several times and nothing. I will keep trying!

sbursik is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 03:07 PM   #45 (Print)
deepthinker

Got a message today about needing to make a daily call. Noticed the pending restart after and immediately came here to find out what was going on. I had 3.1.1c-01-2-301. I now have 3.1.1d-01-2-301.

I don't see any differences with this new software.

Also, I forced a call on my second box and it didn't download the new software.
deepthinker is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 03:07 PM   #46 (Print)
VoR
TheGoal is Elevation

Quote:
Originally posted by jamielee
Everyone I know with a HDVR2 forced a daily call, and got the 3.1.1d download on the 1st call, so if you do not have it try to force the call.

The phone call just activates the downloaded update. The update came down from the sat I believe.

Both of mine went to "d" after a qiuck call in last night...

Hughes HDVR2 Stock [11/03 to ?]

Phillips DSR6000 [10/01 to 12/02 RIP]
VoR is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 03:12 PM   #47 (Print)
jamielee

Quote:
Originally posted by deepthinker
Got a message today about needing to make a daily call. Noticed the pending restart after and immediately came here to find out what was going on. I had 3.1.1c-01-2-301. I now have 3.1.1d-01-2-301.

I don't see any differences with this new software.

Also, I forced a call on my second box and it didn't download the new software.

After the call, it will not load untill the 2am restart or until you manually restart it.

New to 3.1.1d
Alot of new logos
72.5 sat (auto sat detection option)
faster channel surfing, no longer displays to be announced briefly when you flip to the channel.

HDVR2
DRD435RH
72.5, 101, 110, 119 sats
(((XM))) Delphi MyFi
COX HIGH SPEED INTERNET
jamielee is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 03:19 PM   #48 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

Quote:
Originally posted by jamielee
There is no reason to force calls. They roll out the software over several weeks/months. They choose a certain number of machines at random each day to activate the update. Once a machine has been choosen randomly it will activate the new software on the next phone call.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:30 PM   #49 (Print)
bbristow
Member Since 2003

2 calls to pend restart.....and NOTHING!

I discovered yesterday that my phone call screen said "pending restart." Hoping to get a new update, I did a manual restart. The screen then said that new TiVo software was being installed. However, when things were back up and I checked the info screen, I found I still had the 3.1-1c version. So I forced another call tonight. "Download" took all of 3 seconds, then screen says "pending restart" again. Did another restart, system said new software being installed, and STILL OLD 1c VERSION!!!!! Apparently, mine is not updating as it should. What could be wrong?
bbristow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 08:38 PM   #50 (Print)
DannyS

I posted earlier in the thread that I never got 3.1.1c. After last night's call and reboot, I now have 3.1.1d. So, whatever problem it was that kept me from getting 3.1.1c did not effect this update - I went from 3.1.1b to 3.1.1d
DannyS is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 08:44 PM   #51 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

The DirecTiVo has two boot partitions. When it installs a new software update it installs it in the inactive boot partition, then it swaps boot partitions and reboots. Your other boot partition could be corrupted. If the DirecTiVo detects this it falls back to the original boot partition. The bad thing is your DirecTiVo is now going to reboot every night. It can be the sign of a failing hard drive but not always.

Edit: It is also a sign of a bad software download of the new software. Without hacking the unit I'm not sure of a way to fix it.

Last edited by rminsk : 10-01-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:55 PM   #52 (Print)
kimsan
underling

Send a message via AIM to kimsan
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyS
I posted earlier in the thread that I never got 3.1.1c. After last night's call and reboot, I now have 3.1.1d. So, whatever problem it was that kept me from getting 3.1.1c did not effect this update - I went from 3.1.1b to 3.1.1d

I never got 3.1.1c either, so decided to upgrade the drive just in case the backup OS partition was the problem. Upgrade (120gb) drive came from my retired DSR6000. Upgrade to the disk was flawless, but the power supply arced itself to death when the unit was powered up.

120gb went back to the DSR6000 (again flawless) which is on 3.1.0c2. Called D* at lunch and deactivated the HDVR2(3) and reactivated the DRS6000 in under 5 minutes. For once they didn't even want to replace the card!

The series 2 remote is better in that install as we do use the tv/sat switch. The DSR6000 looks better as well since it's a black unit sitting on a black tv. And now I've got a spare 40gb drive with no immediate need. Oddly enough, I'm happy about the whole deal even though it'll be a day or so until I can get all the SPs installed.

Anybody need an HDVR2 carcass with no drive and a blown power supply? No charge, you pay shipping and I'll pack it in the original box

kim
kimsan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2004, 10:11 PM   #53 (Print)
DannyS

Re: 2 calls to pend restart.....and NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally posted by bbristow
I discovered yesterday that my phone call screen said "pending restart." Hoping to get a new update, I did a manual restart. The screen then said that new TiVo software was being installed. However, when things were back up and I checked the info screen, I found I still had the 3.1-1c version. So I forced another call tonight. "Download" took all of 3 seconds, then screen says "pending restart" again. Did another restart, system said new software being installed, and STILL OLD 1c VERSION!!!!! Apparently, mine is not updating as it should. What could be wrong?

This is what mine did with the c update. It would do this and reboot every other day, and still have the b version after reboot. When the d update was released, that update happened correctly.

I'm guessing that my download of the c update was corrupted, so that install could never happen - however it got a good version of d, and was able to install it.

The only annoyance I had was that I had to reset 30 second skip every other day, because of reboots.
DannyS is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #54 (Print)
dnemec123
Now own 2 DirecTiVos

Send a message via MSN to dnemec123
My Samsung 4040R just upgraded to v3.1.1d. My Hughes HDVR2 has not yet.

I forced the daily phone call on the Samsung and it took several minutes of "Downloading" to complete the call. Then the status said "Pending Reboot" so I manually restarted it and after 5 minutes of a neat looking TiVO software updates screen, it came back to life and is running 3.1.1d.

Are we sure the software updates are now coming via the sat?

(JavaHMO, TiVoServer, TyTools, TiVo Desktop, Dailymail_jazz)
dnemec123 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-01-2004, 04:59 PM   #55 (Print)
Dan Collins
UltraGeek

Quote:
Originally posted by dnemec123
...Are we sure the software updates are now coming via the sat?
Yes. A software download by phone used to take about 40 minutes. The activation calls take from 1 to 5 minutes. I suspect it IS downloading something during the phone call, like the install script, or something like it.

240 GB DSR-708
80 GB DSR-7000 (Slingbox attached)
(All w/MRV)

Administrator - DBSForums.com
Dan Collins is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-01-2004, 08:21 PM   #56 (Print)
dssdbs
dss of dbs

Quote:
Originally posted by dssdbs
I would be happy if it fixes the audio dropouts on the Music Choice channels... But I doubt it.
Well...

No fix for the annoying audio dropouts on the Music Choice channels. I got the update on one of my DirecTiVos 2 days ago and the dropouts are still there. I really wish that DirecTV would stop and get this fixed. It seems to have happened right around the time that they started adding more HD channels, so I have a feeling that something they did at that time is what's causing it. They should quit adding new HD channels, and possibly even remove some they have added, until they can figure out what is causing this problem. Or they should allow you to drop the MusicChoice channels, because they are totally useless right now
dssdbs is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-03-2004, 12:15 PM   #57 (Print)
psweig

FYI - Now have "d", never had "c". No problems to report ..... yet.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:02 PM   #58 (Print)
orashash

Early Saturday morning they downloaded 3.1.1d-01-2-381 to my 3 week old Samsung SIR-S4040R. It was activated this morning on the phone call and now I'm forced to stare at a "Searching for signal on Satellite In 2"

I no longer have any of the odd transponder codes on the Sat 2 connection. It's not a cabling or multiswitch issue, and regardless of which cables are connected to the unit, Sat 2 doesn't work. Each of the 4 cables coming from the oval dish check out fine on my other 2 vanilla receivers.

Two hours on the phone with tech support, and multiple restarts, haven't solved the problem. I'm now waiting for a call back from Engineering. Right.

HTH,

Omar
orashash is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-03-2004, 06:42 PM   #59 (Print)
minorthr
O and A Party Rock

Send a message via AIM to minorthr
Still no D here guess mine are holding out for the next release or something.

minorthr is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-03-2004, 09:22 PM   #60 (Print)
borg256

forced a call on my Samsung dvr in my bedroom didn't get it, forced a call on the hughes direct TiVo in my den and it downloaded it , I rebooted and it installed. wonder why one receiver got it and the other one didn't? Anyways just thought I would share that..
Have a nice night..
borg256 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post