July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2004, 09:48 PM   #61 (Print)
marius1

Quote:
Originally posted by borg256
forced a call on my Samsung dvr in my bedroom didn't get it, forced a call on the hughes direct TiVo in my den and it downloaded it , I rebooted and it installed. wonder why one receiver got it and the other one didn't? Anyways just thought I would share that..
Have a nice night..

Been forcing a call everyday for about a week on my Philips. Still on C...
marius1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 01:52 PM   #62 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

Again, not all DirecTiVo are upgraded at a time, they roll out the software. Each night so many receivers a choosen at random to activate the update. Once your serial number has been choosen randomly it will activate the software on the next phone call. This way if there is a problem with the upgrade they can stop it before all machines have the problem.

Old 10-04-2004, 02:08 PM   #63 (Print)
buist

I am suprised so many people are anxious to get this update.. So far it looks like it has removed my ability to tune local channels (probably the fix to view 72.5 satellite is causing this).. In fact, any odd transponder on 119 is gone now..

Hopefully the engineers can come out with a quick fix for this..

Tim
buist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 03:10 PM   #64 (Print)
tritonium

Exclamation 3.1.1d Audio sync Problem

Well I was never hit by any of the mentions of audio sync problems other people ever had. But I noticed yesterday that both my SAT T60 and HDVR2 were playing the sound probably .5 - 1 second behind the video on both recordings and live tv.

That got me looking around to see what might be the cause, it was then that I found both had been upgraded to 3.1.1d. Is anyone else seeing audio sync problems, or have a suggested fix?
tritonium is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 03:35 PM   #65 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

Re: 3.1.1d Audio sync Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by tritonium
both my SAT T60 and HDVR2 ...
...both had been upgraded to 3.1.1d.
The latest for the SAT-T60 is 3.1.0c2. There is not a 3.1.0d for it.

Last edited by rminsk : 10-04-2004 at 04:08 PM.
rminsk is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 03:49 PM   #66 (Print)
mactron
Unimpressed with 6.2

Got 3.1.1d this morning

Got 3.1.1d this morning. Some new logos. No other diferences that I can tell... *Yawns*

Old 10-04-2004, 06:36 PM   #67 (Print)
spanishannouncetable
This space for rent

Location: Mount Airy, NC (better known as Mayberry - yes, THAT Mayberry)
Quote:
Originally posted by orashash
Early Saturday morning they downloaded 3.1.1d-01-2-381 to my 3 week old Samsung SIR-S4040R. It was activated this morning on the phone call and now I'm forced to stare at a "Searching for signal on Satellite In 2"

I no longer have any of the odd transponder codes on the Sat 2 connection. It's not a cabling or multiswitch issue, and regardless of which cables are connected to the unit, Sat 2 doesn't work. Each of the 4 cables coming from the oval dish check out fine on my other 2 vanilla receivers.

Two hours on the phone with tech support, and multiple restarts, haven't solved the problem. I'm now waiting for a call back from Engineering. Right.

HTH,

Omar

Directv must hate us tarheels or something. My Samsung had the same problem after rebooting (satellite 1, even transponders won't work for me).

I called Directv tech support, ran down the litany of cable checks, reboots, etc. Problem diagnosed - the software hosed my 6 month old Samsung. Since it was out of warranty, they were going to charge me a mere $50 for a replacement. After reminding them that their forced software download is what killed my otherwise perfectly-functional DirecTiVo, they waived the $50 and are FedEx-ing me a replacement free of charge.

I have my fingers crossed it'll be an RCA with an 80 gig drive

Old 10-04-2004, 08:12 PM   #68 (Print)
orashash

Well, they downloaded another service release early this morning, that they will activate tonight. Maybe it will fix the problem.

What bothers me, is that normally, bad software shouldn't kill hardware. Not get the expected results- Yes, but not cause permanent damage to the hardware. I realize that certain monitors can be killed if the drivers are wrong, and I guess, any software that operates at very low levels in the hardware, always has the potential for destructive behavior. What could the update be doing in software that would cause the tuners to be permanently damaged? If it's simply a software bug, then it needs to be fixed, or it will manifest itself on the new replacement.

I'm speaking in generalities, because I simply don't know what the control attributes of the hardware are. It doesn't bode well for the future, if their only solution in the instances that this occurs, is to replace the unit. I mean, I didn't ASK them to update my machine.

Omar
orashash is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 08:53 PM   #69 (Print)
buist

orashash,
I don't think that the hardware has been killed. I suspect they were trying to come up with a way to signal changes to view the 72.5 satellite.. This is a bit of a kludge (much like viewing the 110 transponders when selecting certain 119 transponders). My concern is that it takes them a while to realize there is a problem and fix it.. Especially since this affects my local channels..

Tim
buist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 09:00 PM   #70 (Print)
kenr

Send a message via AIM to kenr
Quote:
Originally posted by orashash
Well, they downloaded another service release early this morning, that they will activate tonight. Maybe it will fix the problem.
Are you saying that in the MFS you see a software version newer than 3.1.1d. What is its version?
kenr is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #71 (Print)
Gerg
(greG backwards)

Got d on both my HDVR2 units this weekend, about 2 or 3 days apart. The previous update happened 2 or 3 weeks apart between the two units.

Gerg

Gerg is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 09:48 PM   #72 (Print)
dvr_guy

Question

I got the 3.11d software on my Philips DSR704 last Tuesday. Has anyone noticed that the text in the Guide and DirecTV Central as well as any logos and text are fuzzy and appear to have "jagged" edges?

I never noticed this issue with the text until receiving the 3.11d software. Has anyone else seen this issue?
dvr_guy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 10:14 PM   #73 (Print)
orashash

Quote:
Originally posted by kenr
Are you saying that in the MFS you see a software version newer than 3.1.1d. What is its version?

I only know this by inference, System Information indicates a Service Data Download was performed early this morning at 2:34 A.M. Since I was already given the 3.1.1d update 2 days earlier, I can only presume they attempted to either reload or patch it.
orashash is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-04-2004, 10:29 PM   #74 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

The Service Data Download happens every night at 2:00am...

Old 10-04-2004, 11:16 PM   #75 (Print)
FLSurfGuy

Hello All,

I am new here.

I called DTV about my Tivo RECV and this update (3.1d) which I got Saturday. It caused one of my Sat in lines to not work correctly. I lost signal on odd transponders on the 101 Sat.

DTV wanted to set up a service call. Which I refused and tole them I am suspicious of the update. I then offered to hook up my regular single line RECV to each of my TIVO in lines to verify the lines are OK. I went through 3 or 4 different people at DTV. Finally, I got someone who told me they are aware of a problem with this update. She said they hope to have a fix in the next 48 hours (I hope so too).

I tried to get more information as to if just my RECV was affected or all brands and models. She wouldn't tell me that.

I was just happy to avoid the $70 service call & to find out my setup is OK.

I hope that helps some who are having similar problems.

Have a Good One,

FLSurfGuy

Last edited by FLSurfGuy : 10-04-2004 at 11:30 PM.
FLSurfGuy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-05-2004, 12:03 AM   #76 (Print)
kenr

Send a message via AIM to kenr
Strange thing is I'm having itermittent troubles with even transponders and I'm still on 3.1.1c with my DSR-704.
kenr is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:57 AM   #77 (Print)
DVDKingdom

Second HDVR2 received 3.1.1d this morning. No problems on either unit.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:00 AM   #78 (Print)
DVDKingdom

TiVo should really investigate this update.
Most units reported to have problems with this release are RID (enhanced security) units.
DVDKingdom is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-05-2004, 07:42 PM   #79 (Print)
WinBear
Still Unwritten

Send a message via ICQ to WinBear Send a message via AIM to WinBear Send a message via Yahoo to WinBear
I got d today. I didn't know it was coming. I checked all the transponders. I only had one transponder not working out of 3 satellites. I have no idea if I was getting a signal on that one before since I found the thread after I had rebooted.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #80 (Print)
borg256

Quote:
Originally posted by borg256
forced a call on my Samsung dvr in my bedroom didn't get it, forced a call on the hughes direct TiVo in my den and it downloaded it , I rebooted and it installed. wonder why one receiver got it and the other one didn't? Anyways just thought I would share that..
Have a nice night..

Update> I forced a call today and got the d on my Samsung model so now both my tivos are running d, the only difference I see is the different logos...
borg256 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-05-2004, 10:41 PM   #81 (Print)
Michael R
Major

Quote:
Originally posted by DVDKingdom
TiVo should really investigate this update.
Most units reported to have problems with this release are RID (enhanced security) units.

No problem on either sat input noted on my RID DTiVo with release "D." My DTiVo is being fed from a multiswitch hooked to a single dish pointed at 101.

Michael R is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-05-2004, 11:25 PM   #82 (Print)
skellener

Still no logo for G4TechTV.
skellener is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-06-2004, 02:41 AM   #83 (Print)
mi6300m

Send a message via AIM to mi6300m Send a message via Yahoo to mi6300m
Uhh Ohh

Well At the moment my Tivo (Samsung SIR S4040R) is "loading data" for the D upgrade. Like most of you I had to force it to make a call.

I'm kinda worried now after reading some posts if it's going to screw up my Tivo. I did notice over the weekend that my Tivo JUST started losing audio sync. And every now and then the colors kinda do fade away (very rarely).

One can only hope if it's going to keep working well. I would hate to have to wait on another Tivo box to show up. Now that I think about it, I've never seen a channel logo on this thing...ever. Would this have to do with me having my guide set to Tivo Guide? It's probably nothing anyway, just more stuff to make the guide go even slower.

*Edit 12:54 a.m.* Ok now it's finished downloading and says "Pending Restart" From what I discovered it won't implement the new software until 2:00 am PST. I guess I'll stay up another hour to find out what happens...

Last edited by mi6300m : 10-06-2004 at 02:54 AM.
mi6300m is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-06-2004, 03:13 AM   #84 (Print)
DVDKingdom

Re: Uhh Ohh

Quote:
Originally posted by mi6300m
Ok now it's finished downloading and says "Pending Restart" From what I discovered it won't implement the new software until 2:00 am PST. I guess I'll stay up another hour to find out what happens...

You could force it to install by doing the "Restart the Recorder" command in "Messages and Setup".

Old 10-06-2004, 07:51 AM   #85 (Print)
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Send a message via AIM to tfederov
Got the upgrade last night and it choked when coming up. It was stuck on 91% when searching for sat. I went ahead and tested all three of my LNB's and got signals in the 90s. I then went through satellite setup again, just to make sure everything was okay. It didn't see satellite 1. Very odd. I said I'd fix the problem later and now both tuners are working fine. Not sure what happened there.

DirecTV HR10-250
DirecTV HR10-250
tfederov is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-06-2004, 08:28 PM   #86 (Print)
Reed

3.1.1d Software Update screwed up input #2

This software update has really screwed things up. I first noticed that my HR10-250 had a problem when it came up searching for Satellite 2 last weekend. It also removed the 30 second skip hack. The problem only affects input #2 and the odd transponders.

Today I noticed that my HDVR2 no longer had the 30 skip hack and didn't give it much thought until the tuner tried to record Modern Marvels which is on an odd transponder and was attempting to use input #2. This seems to be a software problem. (Switching cables has zero effect) My SD-DVR40 in the other room isn't hooked to a phone line and has 3.1.1.c software and works correctly.

After a little more research it appears that the problem is the software does not work with the multiplexer.

Hopefully Directv fixes the problem soon. In was a real pain to run two cables to every receiver last summer just to have it rendered useless!!!!!

Reed is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-06-2004, 08:33 PM   #87 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

Irt does not remove the 30 second skip. Every time your TiVo reboots you must re-enable it. What brand of multiswitch do you have?

Old 10-06-2004, 09:23 PM   #88 (Print)
Reed

I have a Zinwell SAM-4803 4x8 Multiswitch connected to a Triple LNB dish.
Reed is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-06-2004, 09:35 PM   #89 (Print)
rminsk
TiVoted TiVo User

The update is for the 72.5 and 99 degree satellites. It changed the switching from just the plain 22 kHz tone switching to DiSEqC 2.0 switching. It seems some multiswitches are having a problem with this. I think we should keep track of the multiswitches and see if it is certain brand.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:02 AM   #90 (Print)
marius1

My directivo is now running on the D update. The only thing I've noticed so far is that it wiped out the local channels from my "favorites" list.
marius1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post