SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 10-21-2004, 08:41 AM   #61 (Print)
cwoody222
TiVo + Mac = :(

Send a message via AIM to cwoody222
Quote:
Originally posted by Knative
So Jack's hanging on a vine/root from the side of a cliff. The camera shows a shot of the rocks far below with a stream running through the rocks. Locke saves Jack, then sets off into the forest to gather water from the leaves of elephant ear plants. I guess climbing down to the stream or following it to its source from the top of the cliff was a bit too easy.

Then again, Locke probably would have found the cave and waterfall during the daylight hours instead of letting Jack find them after a few hours of inner reflection staring at the fire.

I noticed that too and thought "Oh look, now they found water. Jack's accident was good!" But then they said nothing of it. Oh well.
cwoody222 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 08:41 AM   #62 (Print)
IndyJones1023
Don't believe it

Send a message via AIM to IndyJones1023 Send a message via Yahoo to IndyJones1023
I missed the cave part. I just thought Jack was on another part of the island in some dense vegetation. And I didn't think he struggled to open the coffin. And once again, if he knew they didn't load the body, why would he open the coffin?

Old 10-21-2004, 08:44 AM   #63 (Print)
supham
Slow Member

Send a message via AIM to supham Send a message via Yahoo to supham
I think you would open the coffin if:

1) You remember leaving him behind AND
2) You start seeing your dad everywhere AND
3) You have not slept in days AND
4) You then find the coffin.....

After all that who knows? Better open it and see whats what.

shannon

Old 10-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #64 (Print)
pmyers

Send a message via AIM to pmyers
Quote:
Originally posted by IndyJones1023
... And once again, if he knew they didn't load the body, why would he open the coffin?

Well if I was seeing my dead father on the island and then found his coffin, I'd probably open it up just out of curiosity.
pmyers is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #65 (Print)
Billy66

Korean woman and Locke spoiler:

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
TV Guide had a small article and gave a few minor spoilers. Next week we will learn KW does in fact speak English. Also, Locke takes Charlie under his wing to help him with his addiction.
Billy66 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 08:46 AM   #66 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

But if the body were never in the coffin, then why would Jack be so eager to open it (and he DID have to work to get it open; it was obviously still sealed), and why would he be shocked that it was empty?

Old 10-21-2004, 08:46 AM   #67 (Print)
frosted6

I don't think the Korean man is all that bad to his wife. He told her that he loved her and made sure she had water. I do think that he at least understands English but refuses to speak it to the others.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:46 AM   #68 (Print)
pmyers

Does anybody think the pregnant lady's comment about hair brushes is any kind of clue? It would be strange to go through that much luggage and not find a single hair brush...
Old 10-21-2004, 08:47 AM   #69 (Print)
pmyers

Quote:
Originally posted by frosted6
I don't think the Korean man is all that bad to his wife. He told her that he loved her and made sure she had water. I do think that he at least understands English but refuses to speak it to the others.

I agree that they do know at least some english because she says something about trying to communicate with the others. I predict this will come out in the next episode based on the previews.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 AM   #70 (Print)
Skittles
Vegas, here I come!

Send a message via AIM to Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Skittles
I think Jack is suffering from temporary psychosis. It's very common in people that suffer from extended periods of sleep deprivation, and he probably hasn't slept once in the six days they've been there. I won't be surprised if/when we find out his father isn't there, and it was just a hallucination on Jack's part. If anything, the whole scene with him in front of the fire almost reminded me of some old Native American rituals, where they induce hallucinations in order to go on vision quests.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 AM   #71 (Print)
MacThor
Not Pictured

Send a message via AIM to MacThor
Quote:
Originally posted by pmyers
Does anybody think the pregnant lady's comment about hair brushes is any kind of clue? It would be strange to go through that much luggage and not find a single hair brush...

Bigfoot needs lots of brushes for his fur......

You may be the smartest person I've ever known...... -Eop05
MacThor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 AM   #72 (Print)
frosted6

I wonder if there are any mirrors. What if there are no objects of vanity that made it through the crash.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:50 AM   #73 (Print)
pmyers

Quote:
I wonder if there are any mirrors. What if there are no objects of vanity that made it through the crash.

I thought the same thing but then there was that "stuff" in the can that the hot chick was trying to barter for...was that bug spray or something?
Old 10-21-2004, 08:52 AM   #74 (Print)
frosted6

I think it was insect repellant because she asked the "hick pervo" if it kept sand fleas off.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:54 AM   #75 (Print)
pmyers

Quote:
I think it was insect repellant because she asked the "hick pervo" if it kept sand fleas off.

ahh...thanks. I heard her say something about keeping sand off but missed the flea part.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #76 (Print)
frosted6

I am thinking about what all the main characters have in common and this is my thought trail: Jack is hiding something, possibly a wrong he has done (maybe he did not honor his father); Kate is a criminal of some sort; "hick pervo" is ...well we can see what is wrong with him, Shannon (whiney blonde) is self centered;Clair is an unwed soon to be mom;Locke-not sure yet but he hides some stuff too, the Koreans may be hiding a wrong as well; Charlie is addicted to smack. Etc.... Each of them have something

I am thinking that maybe this island may offer redemption or punishment for "sins" commited in the past. Maybe they are in sort of a twilight zone where they are going to be given a chance to redeem themselves some way.

I also think that Shannon knowing how to speak French will come in to play later. Her character cannot be as useless and transparent as it is being portrayed right now.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #77 (Print)
jpwoof

Arrow

It happened again! The show ended 2 minutes late in the west coast. I should start padding it.
jpwoof is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #78 (Print)
Jeeters

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff125va
I was really surprised that what's-his-name didn't just tell Jack to let go and go save the girl.
He did. Before Jack stormed off into the jungle, the kid confronted him and blamed Jack for killing the girl because Jack insisted on bringing him back to the beach even though the kid claimed to have told Jack in the water to let him (kid) go and that he would make it back on his own.
Jeeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:05 AM   #79 (Print)
frosted6

She was too far out to get her anyway.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:06 AM   #80 (Print)
dswallow
+258PC

Send a message via ICQ to dswallow
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeeters
He did. Before Jack stormed off into the jungle, the kid confronted him and blamed Jack for killing the girl because Jack insisted on bringing him back to the beach even though the kid claimed to have told Jack in the water to let him (kid) go and that he would make it back on his own.

Anyone rewatched that sequence? I thought the kid was barely staying above water and was screaming for help and had actually gone underwater when Jack finally got to where he was; and he grabbed onto Jack for dear life when he could... convenient selective memory on the kid's part.
dswallow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #81 (Print)
JEbbesen
Advanced Member

Quote:
She was too far out to get her anyway.

Does anyone remember what she looked like or was she unknown?
JEbbesen is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #82 (Print)
pmyers

That kid was definatley in no shape to swim back to shore
Old 10-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #83 (Print)
frosted6

He was underwater cause Jack had to dive down about 2 times before he found him. He was drowning.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #84 (Print)
wallrus1

Quote:
Originally posted by scubagal
If there is no body, there is no need for the coffin and the hearse meeting him at the airport.... They have to ship the body somehow- so why would you remove it from the coffin it was in, then ship it in another box, just so it wasn't on the plane? Or do they not ship bodies in the coffin? Just doesn't make sense..

Either the body and it's packaging (the coffin I assume) make the plane, or no body and no packaging make the plane. Unless there is something I don't know about shipping dead peope (which is in reality, true), that seems to me like someone shipping me a cat fed ex, but fedex doesn't ship live animals, so they just delivered the box the cat would have come in.

Well I've had the misfortune to arrange and be present for the air shipping of a body before. of course LOST is not reality, but commercial airlines don't ship coffins, they are heavy, bulky and have been known to upset some people who don't like the idea of riding in a plane, car, train boat, etc with dead people, so bodies are shipped in discrete cardboard boxes. Also you pick a coffin when you go to the funeral home, which Jack says at the ticket counter that he doesn't have time to do, so I would assume the morgue delivered the body to the airport, so again, no coffin.

So either the coffin is from the other castaways or it is Jacks dads coffin, but the the show has ignored convention for artistic license which to me means any of the theories posted here are valid, including the coffin survived the crash completely intact, upright and shiny new after throwing the body of Jacks dad with such force that it could not be seen from the coffins resting place, and that said miracle coffin could then be turned into toothpicks by a guy who had little or no sleep food or water for 6 days
wallrus1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 AM   #85 (Print)
frosted6

The said her name was Joanna and that she was not have supposed to been on the flight but her flight got changed. Kate told Jack this after it was over

Old 10-21-2004, 09:10 AM   #86 (Print)
cwoody222
TiVo + Mac = :(

Send a message via AIM to cwoody222
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Helmerichs
But if the body were never in the coffin, then why would Jack be so eager to open it (and he DID have to work to get it open; it was obviously still sealed), and why would he be shocked that it was empty?

He just lived thru a massive plane crash. He's been stranded on a jungle island for 6 days. He watched a woman drown earlier. He hasn't slept more than a few hours each night. He's hungry and thirsty. He's having delusions of seeing his dead father walk around.

Opening a coffin that he "knows" is empty and then beating said coffin with a stick is hardly odd behavior for someone in his situation.

cwoody222 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:11 AM   #87 (Print)
Skittles
Vegas, here I come!

Quote:
Originally posted by pmyers
That kid was definatley in no shape to swim back to shore
That's one of the weirdest things about last night's episode. The only thing we know about the kid is that he's a lifeguard, and yet he had problems swimming in the ocean, and he wasn't really that far out. I think he was probably the "lifeguard" of some pool at a Country Club.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:12 AM   #88 (Print)
frosted6

Did they ever say why he and his sister where on the plane to start with?

Old 10-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #89 (Print)
Skittles
Vegas, here I come!

No, they haven't. At this point, from "the main cast", I *think* that the only folks who don't have an explanation for being on the plane are Hurley, Sawyer (CrazyRedneckGuy), Sayed, KoreanCouple, the pregnant girl, and the Brother and Sister.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:15 AM   #90 (Print)
frosted6

They find skeletons next week. Maybe that cave crash was from the other plane crash