July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 10-27-2004, 08:01 PM   #1 (Print)
TiVoLance
Chihuahua Pillow

Lost 10/27 (Spoilers)

Well I really was glad to get the scoop on the Korean couple. Very Sleeping with the Enemy. I'm guessing that her father was a mobster or something. I still don't know why Kate didn't follow Jack to the watering hole. I wish they go more into her story. My favorite character so far is Locke. That scene with him asking for the drugs with Charlie was good. He is the priest/shaman of the castaways. Good TV as always. I wonder who will be the focus for next episode? Charlie maybe. Or did his flashbacks from the plane count as his time in the spotlight. They still need to explain the spoiled rich kids Boone and Shannon, Sayid, father/son Walt and Micheal, Sawyer the cowboy, pregnant Claire, and finally the overweight long haired guy that I forgot his name. Lots of plotlines left to discover. One last question.

Where is the monster?

Spoiler for next week.

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)

Luckly it looks like the monster(s) are coming back next week

Last edited by TiVoLance : 10-27-2004 at 08:13 PM.
TiVoLance is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 08:30 PM   #2 (Print)
Ladd Morse

So the fresh water WAS in a cave.

And the wreckage there was from their plane (making the coffin from the last episode) most likely that of Jack's father), as the guitar was found not too far away from the cave.

It'll be interesting to find out more about "Adam and Eve" and the (gems?) that were in the small pouch.

Old 10-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #3 (Print)
Ladd Morse

Re: Lost 10/27 (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally posted by TiVoLance
I still don't know why Kate didn't follow Jack to the watering hole.
That would be "settling in" and she's not that kinda gal, for reasons yet to be explained.

Old 10-27-2004, 08:36 PM   #4 (Print)
Skittles
Vegas, here I come!

Send a message via AIM to Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Skittles
Re: Lost 10/27 (Spoilers)

Quote:
That scene with him asking for the drugs with Charlie was good.
I wholeheartedly agree. That one scene gave us a lot of insight into Locke and his role on the island. It's almost as though he's entered into some kind of symbiotic relationship with the island, and I'm willing to bet his encounter with the monster had some part in that. If there are supernatural forces at work here, then I wonder what Locke had to give up to the island in order to get the use of his right leg back again.

Another great episode, though I'm starting to wonder if each episode is going to focus strictly on one character and their history. They certainly have enough people on the island for it, and I find it interesting from a storytelling standpoint, but I hope they mix it up a bit.

I LOVED the ending. Sun's tears, silence, and the looks on her face, said more in 45 seconds of screentime than some actors can do in a lengthy monologue. In the end, despite the fact that she's married a husband who has a high temper and a penchant for doing her father's killing/beating, she still loves the waiter who brings her a flower.

My only real beef is, yet again, with the music. The song at the end seemed REALLY out of place.

VERY interesting to see the white and black rocks in the pouch. Yet another reminder that Good and Evil will play a huge part in the upcoming storylines.

Old 10-27-2004, 08:39 PM   #5 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Turtleboy
It was full of Bees.

Looks like it was full of "Cs"

LOL!
Turtleboy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 08:40 PM   #6 (Print)
TiVoLance
Chihuahua Pillow

Quote:
My only real beef is, yet again, with the music. The song at the end seemed REALLY out of place.

It really was. I just didn't fit the scene. I also agree about the ending with Sun at the airport. Great insight Skittles.

TiVoLance is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 08:41 PM   #7 (Print)
Skittles
Vegas, here I come!

Send a message via AIM to Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Skittles
Quote:
Originally posted by Turtleboy
It was full of Bees.

LOL!
Oh man.... I had to pause and rewind on that one. Twice.

Old 10-27-2004, 08:43 PM   #8 (Print)
Hippster

What Lance and Skittles said.

And I have to add... I hate bees!!!!! Watching them in HD was just a little too realistic. I actually was half afraid they were going to fly out of the tv.
Hippster is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 08:47 PM   #9 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Turtleboy
So in this ep, it seems they DIDN'T tell the others about the French woman.

I was really surprised that the Korean guy went nuts over the watch. I was sure it was going to be b/c Augustus Hill saw his wife's boobs.
Turtleboy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 09:00 PM   #10 (Print)
Ladd Morse

Quote:
It was full of Bees.
LOL!
Yeah I laughed out loud during that bit -- partly because of his quip but more because of his instant reaction to the group's disapproval of it. thud! good writing.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:03 PM   #11 (Print)
Ladd Morse

Quote:
I was really surprised that the Korean guy went nuts over the watch. I was sure it was going to be b/c Augustus Hill saw his wife's boobs.
Agreed. I kept waiting to see how he had found out about that. As with many parts of this show, nice little twist.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:54 PM   #12 (Print)
Bill N
mmmm.....plasma....

Send a message via AIM to Bill N
I'm hoping we see Hurley (the heavyset guy) lose weight over the course of the show. It would be great if about season 2-3 he's a normal weight/thin.
Bill N is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 09:59 PM   #13 (Print)
cmontyburns
Excellent.

I've been out of town for the last week and so had the pleasure of watching last week's and this week's episodes back-to-back. Not only a pleasure for getting to gaze at Evangeline Lilly for two straight hours, but because this is easily my favorite drama on television right now. Ingeniously constructed, never boring, characters I want to know more about and not less, suspenseful, and did I mention Evangeline Lilly? Great television.
cmontyburns is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 10:11 PM   #14 (Print)
WinBear
Still Unwritten

Send a message via ICQ to WinBear Send a message via AIM to WinBear Send a message via Yahoo to WinBear
This was a great episode. The song at the end was out of place, it would have been much better if Charlie was actually playing the guitar even if someone else sang over that.

I knew the spoiler about the Korean woman speaking English, but I was still floored when she actually went up to Michael and did so.

As for the stones in "Eve's" pocket, they seemed to reinforce the "Backgammon Prophecy" notion. "One dark, one light." Also, the 2 camps, one in the sun on the beach and the other in the dark in the cave, served to reinforce the dark/light dichotomy. The weird thing is that the hero types all went to the dark and the most questionable types stayed in the sun.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:13 PM   #15 (Print)
scubagal

Quote:
It really was. I just didn't fit the scene. I also agree about the ending with Sun at the airport. Great insight Skittles.

Wow. I totally disagree. I thought the song was perfect considering it was really talking about Jack and Kate.

I loved this episode, I agree with Skittles about Sun... again, I was almost in tears watching her.... she was so conflicted, and I loved their back story, it was totally different then I expected- I expected it to be more of an arranged marriage, he was abusive, but he really loved her and the aftermath was more a matter of circumstances that were required for him to be with her.... he did it for love. I am glad that they both really loved each other, I would have been disappointed if they didn't have that foundation, regardless of where they are at today in their relationship.

Man... just typing that- I am such a chick.
scubagal is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 10:32 PM   #16 (Print)
Kamakzie

Interesting theory someone came up with on AVS. Could Adam and Eve be Amelia Earhart and her navigator?

Old 10-27-2004, 10:50 PM   #17 (Print)
Droobiemus
Need better avatar

Send a message via AIM to Droobiemus
Great episode!

I'm beginning to like the ending montages.

Charlie rocked in this ep, btw. I also loved the "Full of C's" comment.

Speculation: I don't think moving into the caves is a good thing. There are dead bodies there. Who's to say they died of natural causes? I'm betting the caves are actually a dwelling place for either the monster or other creatures that the Lostaways don't even know about yet....

Old 10-27-2004, 10:59 PM   #18 (Print)
The_Real_Trebor

Note So many questions, so much FUN!

Each episode gets better and better.

LaddMorse:

Quote:
It'll be interesting to find out more about "Adam and Eve" and the (gems?) that were in the small pouch.

It reminded me of the last chapter of Stephen King's book/tv mini-series, Storm Of The Century
SPOILER FOR IT!!! Just in case you have'nt seen Storm of the Century.

The Man who walks with the Cane, is evil, immortal, and from the time of Atlantis. He survived the fall of Atlantis, and every few centuries, he needs a new body. He prefers the youngest of bodies to extend his life even further. He forces the small town/village to chose a child. He pulls out a small bag filled with white stones, one is black. The parent who choses the black one, must give his/her child to him, so he can place his dark soul in him.

The bag with the white/black stone makes me shiver, just like the final ending of Storm of the Century. I don't think the bag brings good tidings.

LaddMorse:

Quote:
I'm hoping we see Hurley (the heavyset guy) lose weight over the course of the show. It would be great if about season 2-3 he's a normal weight/thin.

Hehehe. yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Also, I'm wondering when he's going to whine!

FAT GUY: "I'm sooo hungry! I can't find any peanuts or pretzels." ONE OF THE SURVIVORS: "That's because you ate everything in sight! You better stop looking at me like I'm a porkchop!"

Possible Rant/sh*t disturbance:
Why does it take something like a catastrophe, for a tremendously (life threatening) obese person to finally deal with his/her weight?
Just wondering, that's all. I don't mean to p*ss anyone off, it's just so mind boggling.

I look forward to next weeks episode:

Next week on "LOST", The Fat Guy wakes up to find himself tied up, rolling on a fire spit, unable to scream because of the fruit stuffed in his mouth. PARENTAL DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

Opps! I stirred another pot.

Trebor.

John: "Nebari mental cleansing doesn't get the tough stains out." - Durka Returns

Aeryn: "Dont Worry, I'm watching your backside."

John: "It's beer o'clock, where the frell is my riot?"
The_Real_Trebor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:06 PM   #19 (Print)
Kamakzie

They said in the TV Guide article that they weren't going to make Hurley lose weight for the show.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:11 PM   #20 (Print)
thatmeowgirl

Okay, couple of questions-

1. How the hell did wreckage from their plane get inside a cave?

2. Why haven't they taken a trip around the circumference of the island yet? Or at least go find out what might be on the other side of the island? What I mean is, have they really explored the entire island?

3. The Korean couple's trip was to Australia first and then the US?
thatmeowgirl is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:12 PM   #21 (Print)
The_Real_Trebor

Well, with 46 survivors, limited animal life to hunt, a full 22 epsiodes to film (how many days on the island to come?), plenty of water now, fruits....the only way to make it look authentic is by having him lose weight!

No Dunkin Donuts nearby.

Trebor.

John: "Nebari mental cleansing doesn't get the tough stains out." - Durka Returns

Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #22 (Print)
thatmeowgirl

Why do you have to call him the fat guy?
Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #23 (Print)
tanstaafl
Spawn of Cthulhu

Quote:
Originally posted by WinBear
" Also, the 2 camps, one in the sun on the beach and the other in the dark in the cave, served to reinforce the dark/light dichotomy. The weird thing is that the hero types all went to the dark and the most questionable types stayed in the sun.

Really? I think Sayid has stayed pretty much in the hero-type camp and he is on the beach while I don't particularly think of Charlie, Jin or Sun as hero-types and they're in the caves, so....

I do wonder why Kate stayed on the beach. I suspect she has a bad relationship in her past which is why she is holding herself away from Jack.

And what's her deal with Jack and his tattoos anyway? Surgeons can't have tattoos?

And they've said that the survivors will be periodically finding food so they aren't expecting Hurley to lose weight.

I just want to know what kind of batteries he has in that discman!

It looks like there was a hole in the roof of the cave above the airplane debris so that is probably how it got in the cave.

#86 When the Evil Overlord tries to guilt-trip me by claiming that I'll be responsible for something he plans to do if I don't cooperate with him, I'll mercilessly quote Ayn Rand to him.
tanstaafl is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:23 PM   #24 (Print)
scubagal

The cave/airplane thing was my question last week.

But Jack explained tonight to Kate the 'cave' had 'tree brush covering it' (or something to that effect), so I expect that the cave is not really a totally enclosed cave...
scubagal is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:24 PM   #25 (Print)
mjh
Re: Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scubagal
Man... just typing that- I am such a chick.
Yeah, while I was reading it, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking, too.

Anyone wonder from this ep whether or not Jack is gay?

<insert obligatory Seinfeld quote>

I think his character was being honest when he denied checking out Kate. And as all of the E. Lilly fans in this forum can attest, it's hard to imagine being attracted to women and NOT being attracted to Kate. Maybe that's part of the rift between him and his father...?

12/02-04/03: SA TiVo S2, 40hr, stock, lifetime (sold)
Prior to 12/02: Coveting. MASSIVE coveting
mjh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:25 PM   #26 (Print)
thatmeowgirl

Quote:
But Jack explained tonight to Kate the 'cave' had 'tree brush covering it' (or something to that effect), so I expect that the cave is not really a totally enclosed cave...

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:30 PM   #27 (Print)
The_Real_Trebor

I think Jack's tattoo's come from a possible stint in the "Navy". He said that he was interested in flying, but joined the family business (medicine).

As for Jack being "gay", nope, I don't see it. There's been obvious sexual tension/chemistry. I think the trauma of the crash, his being practicaly chosen as the leader of the survivors (lots of pressure there), and seeing his Father (hallucination?), and the empty coffin, has reduced his testosterone levels.

Trebor.
P.S. Most of us say "Fat Guy", because we can't remember his name, and it's the easiest reference for him. Also because he is um....portly.

Last edited by The_Real_Trebor : 10-27-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:41 PM   #28 (Print)
wmcbrine
Craziness!

I cannot believe how great this show is.

I liked the song, too.

Of course I was rooting for them all to stay on the beach, but only because it looks so good on my plasma. :-) (Bright scenes look a lot better than dark on this set, and this has been one of the best-looking shows overall.)
wmcbrine is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:44 PM   #29 (Print)
WinBear
Still Unwritten

Send a message via ICQ to WinBear Send a message via AIM to WinBear Send a message via Yahoo to WinBear
This certainly explains why they are filming some on a soundstage when up until now they seem to have been on a real beach in Hawaii. The cave is the soundstage.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:57 PM   #30 (Print)
e30mpwrd

Quote:
The cave/airplane thing was my question last week.

Not sure where everyone is getting the cave concept. Jack specifically said that it's got a perfect "canopy" of trees covering it, which to my way of thinking means it's not a cave at all.

Great show. Loved the C's comment!
e30mpwrd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post