THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 01-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #31 (Print)
DannyBoy25

Quote:
Originally posted by piper
I agree. The phrase 'fashion victim' springs to mind

Hint to Mac users: the rest of us don't think you're cool despite what you may believe. Especially when you rant about how unfair life is on public bulletin boards.

Wow! Well, gee...thanks. you know, I love my tivo and I have (and love) a mac. And yes, I'm disappointed TTG isn't available on the mac, but I certainly NEVER EVER expected this stupid, silly "Mac suck! PC's rule!" dorky crap all over these boards. I'm honestly shocked that people I post with here and read are turning out to be these closeted dork JERKS. I thought people like you were just a stereotype. It's almost more disappointing to see the lack of communal support than a delay in TTG for Mac.

Dude, just let those Mac users who want to bitch about it say their piece. It's a disappoint for us. And yeah, some of us ARE taking it way over the top and you wouldn't have to look far to see that. And you know what, thats too bad as well. But insulting our computer choices and basically taunting, "hahahah" is like adding salt to a wound to a lot of people on this board.

Thanks for the show of support dude!
DannyBoy25 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #32 (Print)
Sir_whinealot
Seenyer Member

Quote:
Originally posted by csyria

What does "Don King" have to do w/any of this?

Sir_whinealot is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:11 PM   #33 (Print)
Berry Dow

Re: Tivo Lied Repeatedly I am furious boycott tivo

Quote:
Originally posted by corjulo
Call for Mac users to boycott Tivo. Or at least boycott any company advertising on Tivo, and let those companies know

I called Tivo on at least three occasion to verify the Tivo to go would support the Mac. Each time, after talking to a supervisor, I was assured it would. I passed up opportunities to switch to Comcast PVR and even purchased another Tivo box based on Tivo false claims.

I will be launching an all out effort to get a firm release date from Tivo. Its one thing to not have a release I want, it another to lie to your customer base

As others have said, chill.

Or perhaps go buy a pc.
Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #34 (Print)
piper

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyBoy25
Wow! Well, gee...thanks. you know, I love my tivo and I have (and love) a mac. And yes, I'm disappointed TTG isn't available on the mac, but I certainly NEVER EVER expected this stupid, silly "Mac suck! PC's rule!" dorky crap all over these boards. I'm honestly shocked that people I post with here and read are turning out to be these closeted dork JERKS. I thought people like you were just a stereotype. It's almost more disappointing to see the lack of communal support than a delay in TTG for Mac.

Dude, just let those Mac users who want to bitch about it say their piece. It's a disappoint for us. And yeah, some of us ARE taking it way over the top and you wouldn't have to look far to see that. And you know what, thats too bad as well. But insulting our computer choices and basically taunting, "hahahah" is like adding salt to a wound to a lot of people on this board.

Thanks for the show of support dude!

Whine, whine, whine...

Note: I wasn't being entirely serious with my post but COME ON you Mac users do sound a little precious...

Maybe it is your sensitive artistic nature.
piper is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:16 PM   #35 (Print)
MassNerder

I would say before you get your Mac-Rage on fully you should see if you can import with virtual PC and then play with VLC as I have not seen anything to indicate that it cannot be done this way.

I love the knee jerk reaction from Mac users to get all pissy when Mac isnt included in every little thing. It was said jokingly by someone else, but YOU HAVE A MAC! You knew what you were getting yourself into when you bought it, so dont act suprised when you see tivo cater to the 95% of the computer population before your 5%. This isnt a judgement of the computers themselves, but it's marketshare you fool. IF you want to blame anyone, blame steve jobs for not getting apple into more houses.

*NOTE* This was written on a powerbook.
MassNerder is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #36 (Print)
evilernie

Quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
It's hardly uncommon that Mac's are left unsupported, at least for a time; if it bothers you so much, go buy a real computer. You made a choice buying a Mac in the first place.

Hey, just because less than 5% of the population would buy a ferrari, does that mean it's not a real car? Macs are REAL computers, and I'm sick of stupid comments like that.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #37 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
Originally posted by evilernie
Hey, just because less than 5% of the population would buy a ferrari, does that mean it's not a real car? Macs are REAL computers, and I'm sick of stupid comments like that.

so as a MAC user would you pay a premium for your TiVoToGo just like a ferrari owners pays a premium for his great car. Afraid the analogy does not work.
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #38 (Print)
bootedbear
JavaJunkie

Quote:
Just watch how much trouble we Mac users can be to Tivo.

Speak for yourself.

I am a Mac user as well, but I also understand the concept of business priorities. Ranting only makes you look foolish.

I understood that when I chose to switch to a Mac that I'm generally not going to be the highest priority of anyone who has to provide multi-platform support. It's part of the "price" I gladly pay to use a Mac.

As to the "PC rules! No, Mac rules!" folks. Give it a rest. It's only a computer, not a religion.

Last edited by bootedbear : 01-03-2005 at 04:07 PM.
bootedbear is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #39 (Print)
tivotrouble28

I'm definitely in the minority here but I think TiVo should have really announced TiVo2Go for mac would be released awhile after the PC version came out.

Since most users have PC's, that is understandably the priority. I applaud TiVo Corp for releasing software for Mac users. A lot of companies would have probably skipped that to save time and money.

I don't blame this guy for being pissed off at TiVo. Just imagine if the Mac version came out first when both were promised. Almost everybody here would be angry or annoyed about it.

Regardless of the platform, TiVo needs better communication with the public.
tivotrouble28 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #40 (Print)
evilernie

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeoTiVo
so as a MAC user would you pay a premium for your TiVoToGo just like a ferrari owners pays a premium for his great car. Afraid the analogy does not work.

Tivo-to-go costs the same for all of us, just like gas costs the same for a Ferrari driver as it does for a Saturn driver (assuming the Saturn driver uses Super).

Anyway, all I'm saying is that just because less people use a Mac, that does not make it an inferior product! Does that analogy work?

Old 01-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #41 (Print)
busyba

Quote:
Tivo-to-go costs the same for all of us, just like gas costs the same for a Ferrari driver as it does for a Saturn driver (assuming the Saturn driver uses Super).

Why would a Saturn driver use Super????
busyba is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #42 (Print)
busyba

Re: Tivo Lied Repeatedly I am furious boycott tivo

Quote:
Call for Mac users to boycott Tivo. Or at least boycott any company advertising on Tivo, and let those companies know

Okaaaaaay.

Hey, while you're at it, why don't you start an online petition? Those are always effective. <guffaw>
busyba is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #43 (Print)
rainwater

Btw, the original thread title is a lie. So I would say its a lie about Tivo lying.
rainwater is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #44 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:

Anyway, all I'm saying is that just because less people use a Mac, that does not make it an inferior product! Does that analogy work?

where did I say a MAC is inferior? I even said a "great car" implying a MAC is a "great computer". You obviosuly have your MAC blinders on and only see what you want to see in a post not what is really there.
I was just wondering if you would pay more so that TiVo could spend as much on making a MAC version work as they spend on making a windows version work and still get the same ROI.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #45 (Print)
evilernie

Quote:
where did I say a MAC is inferior?

The guy that said "buy a real computer" is the one that implied Macs were inferior, not you. I just came here to find out some info, not get flamed for using a Mac. I take offense to people saying Macs aren't real computers like they're a toy or something.

For the record, I understand completely that Tivo is taking time to get the Mac version out, and I am used to waiting. Like someone else said, I appreciate Tivo supporting Mac users AT ALL.

Old 01-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #46 (Print)
smak

Quote:
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Disappointing, but in the meantime I'll be playing StuntCopter. Catch ya later.

I was going to say something exactly like that, but you said it much more eloquently, and with so few words.

LOL

-smak-

"I'm sorry, i'm going to have to get back to you, there's a girl in a bathtub on the other line"
smak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 04:18 PM   #47 (Print)
piper

Quote:
Originally posted by busyba

Call it iSuper and the Mac owning Saturn drivers would not only buy it they would gladly pay twice as much for it.

Only joking (obviously)
piper is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #48 (Print)
TAsunder

Quote:
Originally posted by busyba

you'd be surprised how many people think that buying higher octane fuel is good in some way. even allegedly sophisticated audi owners post on the audi forums extolling the virtues of 97 gas in a car that asks for 91-92.

i am curious whether the question was phrased in a way that would indicate that tivo did lie. was it "will tivo2go work on the mac the day it is released?" or was it "will tivo2go work on the mac?"
TAsunder is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #49 (Print)
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Send a message via AIM to LoadStar
Quote:

Actually, it does work. If I were to own a Ferarri, I would expect that I couldn't go into AutoZone and pick up a part... I'd probably have to order it, or go to a specialty reseller. I'd also expect that there would be fewer aftermarket parts, just because there are fewer Ferarri owners.

So, likewise, as a Mac owner, I'd expect that I couldn't go into just any store and pick up stuff for my Mac. I'd also expect that there would be fewer applications out for my Mac, just because there are fewer Macs out there.

LoadStar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #50 (Print)
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
where did I say a MAC is inferior? I even said a "great car" implying a MAC is a "great computer". You obviosuly have your MAC blinders on and only see what you want to see in a post not what is really there.
I was just wondering if you would pay more so that TiVo could spend as much on making a MAC version work as they spend on making a windows version work and still get the same ROI.

It's a Mac or Macintosh. MAC in all caps indicates an acronym... usually seen in the computer field as Media Access Control (as in a MAC Address on a network card). FYI.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:18 PM   #51 (Print)
angel35

Send a message via AIM to angel35 Send a message via Yahoo to angel35
Question tivo users dvd burns

tivo with dvds have to wait.IF you have dvd recorder is it the same as tivo to go??????
angel35 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:19 PM   #52 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
The guy that said "buy a real computer" is the one that implied Macs were inferior, not you. I just came here to find out some info, not get flamed for using a Mac. I take offense to people saying Macs aren't real computers like they're a toy or something.

For the record, I understand completely that Tivo is taking time to get the Mac version out, and I am used to waiting. Like someone else said, I appreciate Tivo supporting Mac users AT ALL.

ok, well then next time quote the person you are replying to.

and for the record I think MACs are perfectly fine computers and I think it is perfectly fine that TiVo did not delay TTG even more because they could not get it working on 5% of the TiVo owners choice of computer.

I also hope they are working hard on getting it to work on MAC and TiVo/DVD recorders so everyone has the same toys and all this whining can stop.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #53 (Print)
futerfas

Send a message via AIM to futerfas
And it's not as easy to release TTG with mac. Since Apple is very propritary about their software, it is most likely Apple and not TiVo who is doing the main work on this software, which is why TiVo doesn't know exactly when it will be released. Just calm down, it will come. What is most important right now to tivo is not to delay this any longer.

"keep going son, you'll make a fine lawyer" -Marco
"ever since Junior High Futerfas has had a fear of having his picture taken" -ZeoTiVo
"I keep 'em [signatures] turned off so no matter how creative they are, no matter how much time and effort you put into yours, there's at least one person here who'll never see it to appreciate it." -SparkleMotion
"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." -edhara
futerfas is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:41 PM   #54 (Print)
angel35

Send a message via AIM to angel35 Send a message via Yahoo to angel35
Quote:
ok, well then next time quote the person you are replying to.

and for the record I think MACs are perfectly fine computers and I think it is perfectly fine that TiVo did not delay TTG even more because they could not get it working on 5% of the TiVo owners choice of computer.

I also hope they are working hard on getting it to work on MAC and TiVo/DVD recorders so everyone has the same toys and all this whining can stop.
RIGHT ON LETS ALL STOP THE WHINING
angel35 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:41 PM   #55 (Print)
mikebridge

Quote:
Originally posted by TAsunder
even allegedly sophisticated audi owners post on the audi forums extolling the virtues of 97 gas in a car that asks for 91-92.

depends how stock their car is. quite a few of the audi (and vw's using audi's) turbo engines can be modified to the point where they require disgustingly high octance to avoid pre-ignition. but they're a small minority of the population. just like mac owners.

Wired USB Ethernet and dialing prefix ",#401" for guided setup w/o a phone line.
"I'm coming for you, Pork Chop!" "Bring it on, Fat Boy!"
Major, TiVo Special Forces (TMNBT) - on leave
-HDR31201 3.0 w/ 306hour + TurboNet
-DRT800 5.4.1 (stock, for now)

No, you may not ask me for activation referrals.
mikebridge is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #56 (Print)
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally posted by futerfas
And it's not as easy to release TTG with mac. Since Apple is very propritary about their software, it is most likely Apple and not TiVo who is doing the main work on this software, which is why TiVo doesn't know exactly when it will be released. Just calm down, it will come. What is most important right now to tivo is not to delay this any longer.

Sorry, that's not true. While Apple does release a lot of software themselves, it's not like they have their hands in EVERYTHING that gets released for the Mac. Mac is a platform that anyone can write for, just like Windows.

I mean - did Microsoft help write TTG for Windows? They write a lot of programs for Windows, after all...

TiVo doesn't know (or isn't saying) when TTG for Mac is going to be released because it doesn't if or when it will be DONE. If TTG for Mac is indeed being developed, TiVo has a schedule in house - but like all schedules, it might slip.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:56 PM   #57 (Print)
miadlor

The same cheap people that argue the benifits of higher octane, would be running 93 if it were cheaper than 89 Octane.
miadlor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:59 PM   #58 (Print)
rainwater

Why all the fuss about Macs? Tivo says it is going to happen. Just because Mac support is not available initially doesn't mean its not going to be. They have announced they will support the Mac and they will. It's not like its the first time software isn't released at the same time on multiple platforms.
rainwater is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #59 (Print)
mikebridge

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=207396
Quote:
a good friend at Apple. Tivo- to-go will indeed run on a Mac. This guy works in the Quicktime group so he would have first hand knowledge. Can't say for certain it will be working right away.

do mac's cause memory problems or something?

Wired USB Ethernet and dialing prefix ",#401" for guided setup w/o a phone line.
"I'm coming for you, Pork Chop!" "Bring it on, Fat Boy!"
Major, TiVo Special Forces (TMNBT) - on leave
-HDR31201 3.0 w/ 306hour + TurboNet
-DRT800 5.4.1 (stock, for now)

No, you may not ask me for activation referrals.
mikebridge is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 01-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #60 (Print)
cwoody222
TiVo + Mac = :(

Send a message via AIM to cwoody222
Quote:
Originally posted by peteypete
Oh, come on! Apple play the same game. It's called priorities!! It took a couple of months for PC users to get iTunes ... and the first release was a horror!!

Months? Try years. But Apple's not in the business of creating software to run on other platforms. TiVo, moreso than Apple, is.
cwoody222 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post