Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 02-17-2005, 03:46 PM   #1 (Print)
corjulo

I cost Tivo a new customer today

Got a call from a co worker interested in buying a Tivo.. They knew from past conversations that I was a big Tivo fan. It was with sorrow that I had to inform them that Tivo's customer support has plummeted to a degree where I not only would not recommend them, but encouraged them to go ahead and get the Comcast solution. As a Mac user Tivo's decision to put TivotoGo future in Microsoft's hands was just bad business and terribly unfair to mac users.

Tivo continues to insist a Mac version is under development. But without Microsoft support of Directshow for the Mac there will never be a Mac version of Tivotogo.

Comcast PVR does almost everything Tivo does if you remove tivotogo. Sorry Tivo. But this is being repeated all over the country.
corjulo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-17-2005, 03:52 PM   #2 (Print)
Dennis Wilkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by corjulo
Tivo continues to insist a Mac version is under development. But without Microsoft support of Directshow for the Mac there will never be a Mac version of Tivotogo.

You're jumping to almost certainly incorrect conclusions. Implementations that do not require DirectShow have been described by multiple people on these forums.

This isn't "DirectShow DRM" or "Windows Media DRM" -- this is TiVo's own DRM, in a DirectShow wrapper. Other wrappers, including QuickTime, are very possible.

Old 02-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #3 (Print)
Puppy76

Do the Comcast units have all the Season Pass and wishlist features? If not, I'd much prefer a Tivo just based on that.

Plus with the Tivo, at least there's the possiblility that those features will become available for the Mac in the future. (I guess officially Tivo is working on it)
Puppy76 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #4 (Print)
ohbrian

Quote:
Sorry Tivo. But this is being repeated all over the country.

Hahaha yeah the other 4 Mac users are switching to the Comcast DVR as well.
ohbrian is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #5 (Print)
rpfm

Quote:
It was with sorrow that I had to inform them that Tivo's customer support has plummeted to a degree where I not only would not recommend them, but encouraged them to go ahead and get the Comcast solution.

I would have to agree about TiVos customer support. Recently I tried to change my email and postal addresses. Whenever I would put in my new address the system would tell me "Zipcode does not exist". After trying this upwards of 15 times, I called Customer Support. I asked the guy to update both fields of information. HE couldn't even get the system to accept my zipcode. His response/suggestion; "I dunno know what to tell you man." So as it stands right now my TiVo account profile has incorrect information.

I can accept minor bugs when an update is pushed to any piece of hardware. I can not accept bugs that make my TiVo almost unusable, such as the most recent problems with changing channels, and the overall speed decrease of the box after the TTG update. Not to mention not being able to use TTG (yes, I too am a mac user).

Couple that with the apathy of both TiVo customer support (do they even pass my gripes along???), and TiVoBill and I'm considering doing something else with my $13 a month.

And I know I'm not alone...

just my $0.02
rpfm is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #6 (Print)
Lars_J

Quote:
It was with sorrow that I had to inform them that Tivo's customer support has plummeted to a degree where I not only would not recommend them, but encouraged them to go ahead and get the Comcast solution.

I sure hope that Comcast customer support is up to your lofty standards. Or that it is all that matters...

I could care less about TiVo customer support myself - I'm used to getting crappy customer support from most companies these days. What matters more to myself is how robust the product is, and so far my TiVo (& TiVo2Go) has been rock-solid, with no need any calls to customer support.

Your mileage may wary (and it clearly does)

Last edited by Lars_J : 02-17-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Lars_J is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #7 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars_J
- I'm used to getting crappy customer support from most companies these days.

Isn't that the truth... I think GEICO and Vanguard might be the only companies I've encountered with superior customer support. In Tivo's favor they do have friendly support people, though I'm not sure about their expertise.

Quote:
What matters more to myself is how robust the product is

I'd also add price to that equation. That is where Tivo is going to get beat by the Comcasts of the world - no upfront costs and lower monthly costs. To answer the question about Season Passes, yeah the functionality is pretty much up to snuff with this rev.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #8 (Print)
jfelbab
WineBoZo

Quote:
...Comcast PVR does almost everything Tivo does if you remove tivotogo. Sorry Tivo. But this is being repeated all over the country.

I've been forced to accept the use of a Comcast PVR for the past three months and can't wait until I get back to my DTiVo. My Comcast DVR is an absurd product and doesn't come close to the functionality and user friendliness of a DTiVo.

I'm happy that I don't have "friends" like you after hearing you gave your friend such a laughable recommendation just to spite your own petty issue with TTG.

jfelbab is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-17-2005, 06:41 PM   #9 (Print)
Stu_Bee

If I didn't already own a Tivo, I would probably hold off and wait for the CableCard units, or to see the next generation of DVR's that should be hitting the market soon.

Since I don't own a Tivo (in this hypothetical discussion) I don't know that I can't live without it hmm..that's a triple negative...so it should make sense.
Stu_Bee is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-17-2005, 07:47 PM   #10 (Print)
hawk4hire
Future Attny -

Send a message via MSN to hawk4hire
Corj - I know you are angry and frustrated @ Tivo - but they will have the problems fixed in time - hell most of us (err umm 1% of us lol ) are frustrated too.
Yes the CSR's allegedly got training on the T2G - but I dont think they were prepared to handle any problems. I think this caught Tivo totally off guard - look at their reaction - they closed ranks and the doors...
Now that the poop has hit the fan - or in this case the media know - they will get if fixed faster. Maybe you could contact a few Apple mags and they could contact tivo for a demo on the Tivo-Mac interface - or at least what their time table is.
I know they will want it to become available to increase their market share - even if it's only a few more clients - its more than they had today.
So all in all - Tivo is a great company - not a perfect one - they trip over themselves like anyone else - and they could have done a better job with this FUBAR - but give them more time.

jmho

hawk
hawk4hire is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #11 (Print)
jkane

Comcast has such great customer service! And their PVR can transfer shows to your mac with ease. Good call sending your co-worker to them. NOT!

Old 02-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #12 (Print)
UTVolFan

Waaaahhhh! A brand new feature that was in development for what seems like forever is now available to 97% of all users since they are on a Windows operating systems. Yeah, hitting 97% of all customers is such a terrible vision to place priority on a first release target.

You should be glad they have commited to doing the development. How much other software is always offered to Mac? Go to a store and look at the pitiful shelf of Mac software and then go through rows and rows of Windows apps.

Go ahead and turn someone else off of Tivo because it truely is all about you and the poor fact that you don't have TTG 1 month after release. When you bought a Mac, I'm sure you knew their market share, so quit whining about your decisions.
UTVolFan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 10:38 AM   #13 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVolFan
You should be glad they have commited to doing the development. How much other software is always offered to Mac? Go to a store and look at the pitiful shelf of Mac software and then go through rows and rows of Windows apps.

I think the reason some folks are upset is because Tivo set high expectations by having fully and equally supported the Mac platform in the past.

FYI, if any Mac users want Tivo To Go functionality, using the Java DVArchive with ReplayTV will give you all those features and then some without the burden of DRM. I also like Replay's little blue light.

Old 02-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #14 (Print)
SavMan
Angry Mac User

Send a message via AIM to SavMan
They refuse to say that they will develop a Mac version. Or are you talking about the statement that they are "working hard on enabling playback"? If that, then yes. We think they are lying. I and the other 15%-20% of TiVo/Mac users have been paying the same as you for two months now with decreased functionality. TiVo refuses to let itself be held accountable by giving ANY sort of timetable for TTG Mac, indicating that they have no real plans of releasing it, at least not in a time frame that anyone would find acceptable. If you KNOW that you are losing customers and pissing off one of the most valuable groups of users you have, you would be simply IDIOTIC to not tell them that they will be placated by a release in 3 months, or 2 weeks, or within the quarter, or WHATEVER.

The only reasonable explanations is either that there is no TTG for Mac in the works, or that development is so far off in the future, TiVo thinks it will lose customers by letting us know. So they drag us along until we give up and either submit to the fact that we are being treated as second-class customers by this company, or we go to the much cheaper and better integrated option... in this case, the ComCast box.

PowerMac G4 867MHz: OS X v10.3.9
PowerBook G4 12" 1GHz: OS X v10.3.9

Last edited by justapixel : 02-18-2005 at 09:42 PM.
SavMan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 11:40 AM   #15 (Print)
SavMan
Angry Mac User

Quote:
Waaaahhhh! A brand new feature that was in development for what seems like forever is now available to 97% of all users since they are on a Windows operating systems. Yeah, hitting 97% of all customers is such a terrible vision to place priority on a first release target.

Go ahead and turn someone else off of Tivo because it truely is all about you and the poor fact that you don't have TTG 1 month after release. When you bought a Mac, I'm sure you knew their market share, so quit whining about your decisions.

If you seriously think that 97% of TiVo users don't own a Mac, then there is little anyone can do to change your mind... you are already too far gone.

But if you can still think rationally, I will let you in on the secret that the "97%" that you always hear about on the net includes cash registers, ATMs, and corporate terminals running Windows, Linux, UNIX, and other OSs in its numbers. It does not refer to number of homes with Macs v. number of homes with a PC.

Furthermore, a TiVo representative told MacWorld last year that we make up 15% of TiVo's customers. So maybe you should just stop posting about something you know nothing about, okay?

P.S: I could just as easily tell you to go to an Apple Store and see how many PC titles were on the shelves... that would have about the same relevance to the topic at hand. Best Buy doesn't sell Macs, ergo they have little to nothing for Macs on the shelves. Besides, when have superior numbers ever equaled superior quality? A quote concerning cockroaches v. humans comes to mind...

Old 02-18-2005, 11:44 AM   #16 (Print)
Dennis Wilkinson

Quote:

There have been claims made in the past that inside TiVo's customer base it's more like an 85%/15% split, which (if true) means about 1 in 6 TiVo customers are Mac users. That's quite a bit different than the reported overall distribution, but it does still sway priorities.

Regardless, they publicly claim to be working on TTG for Mac, and I have yet to see any compelling reason to disbelieve them.

Old 02-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #17 (Print)
SavMan
Angry Mac User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkane
Comcast has such great customer service! And their PVR can transfer shows to your mac with ease. Good call sending your co-worker to them. NOT!

Comcast's box is:

1. Cheaper
Price always reigns supreme, read: BMWs, Macs, Marshall Fields v. Ford, Windows PCs, and Wal-Mart. For ~$10/month, I get the same functionality as a TiVo. No $200+ for a box that could break and require you to pay for it all over again, no cost for the next hardware upgrade, no extra charges for cables and network adaptors, and a savings of ~$3 a month.

2. More Useful to Most Users
Dual Tuners, people! How long have we waited for dual tuners, even as an option? Only the TiVo-unsupported DirectTiVos have dual tuners, and they will cease to exist after D* rolls out their own proprietary box.

HME is a fun toy, I use it occasionally for MP3 streaming, never for the photo slideshow... but with the savings on hardware (see above), you could buy an AirPort Express and stream ALL of your music through your stereo or television (including DRM'd AAC), AND get a fully-functional wireless hub. This can be changed by adding more useful functions that the common user can use.

3. More Integrated
How easy do you think your less tech-savvy friends or your parents would find it to set up IR Blasters? ComCast uses the Motorola box, I don't know if this has a functional serial port that TiVo can hook into like the SciAtlanta box, but even using that, it's hard to explain to my kid brother that when he changes the TiVo channel, he has to wait 5 seconds for the cable box to respond, and if he uses the Cable remote, that he might ruin his recording. How many cables can your grandmother hook up correctly on the back side of the two boxes? How about setting up the cable splitter so that she can watch live TV while TiVo is monopolizing her cable channels? What about the network adaptor? Setting up a 50 foot phone line running through the middle of the room because no one has a phone jack for their entertainment system? Can she figure out whether the problem with her TV is through the TiVo (call TiVo CS) or through the cable system (call ComCast CS)? Dealing with two customer service departments sucks more than dealing with one. TiVo will lose these battle any day. That's just something they have to deal with and counteract with better innovations and features, something they are getting worse at every year.

4. Higher Quality (Video and sound, that is)
Video quality has been a complaint since the very first TiVo ran off the line. My 80-hour TiVo has less than half that capacity if I put it on the least-crappy compression scheme for my digital-to-analog-to-digital-to-analog recording. Cable company DVRs record the original digital signal and this will always result in a higher-quality picture. When I had my SciAtlanta box, I couldn't tell the difference between live television and a recording. On TiVo, I can tell the difference between TiVo Live TV and live TV, much less Live TV and a basic sized recording.

And the TiVo audio plain sucks. It is prone to screwing up Dolby Surround, and if you think the 5.1 that comes through on digital movie channels will ever work on your TiVo, you will be sadly disappointed.

Conclusion:
There are plenty of reasons to advise someone to buy their cable company's DVR. If you can't tell, I used to own a SciAtlana PVR from TimeWarner Cable in the Twin Cities. The reason I switched to a TiVo was that I like to show my appreciation for innovators with my wallet, and it had a superior user interface (see: Macintosh). But since TiVo has still stuck it out with a single tuner, high prices, few usable innovations, and now this business with TTG, it gets harder and harder to support this company. I even took down all three of my TiVo window clings and my TiVo antenna ball.

If you are a Mac user, there is even more reason to eschew our favorite DVR for a cable DVR, since TiVo is now in a "partnership" with Microsoft (TiVo and MS's words, not mine), and lo and behold, they have cut their Mac support for TiVoToGo. This is what they call in the medical field a "sentinel event," an action that may indicate a serious and innate problem with the medical professional (or in this case, the TiVo corp.) in the future. In a hospital, they would call a meeting, discuss, educate, and fix the problem so that the event never happens again... or fire the employee. It's up to TiVo whether they want to be "fired" by the Mac community which has supported TiVo to a much more vocal degree since its invention, or keep "working" for us.

Old 02-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #18 (Print)
AaronWalker

They claimed to be working on AAC support and that still isn't there (although I've read some reports that it may somewhat work with 7.1).

I would not recommend TiVo to anyone today for the following reasons:

1. The TiVoToGo rollout was seriously botched. They missed the release date without any announcement. They finally did release it without support for Macintosh users or the DVD burning TiVos. There is still no official timetable for Macintosh support.
2. 802.11g support. In early 2005 they have finally added limited support for 802.11g adapters but they have no plans to support WPA encryption. Brilliant.

TiVo has some good features, but I really don't like their current direction.

Last edited by justapixel : 02-18-2005 at 09:42 PM.
AaronWalker is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 12:42 PM   #19 (Print)
atlantagatorlee

If you sent them to Comcast based on customer support, that was a big mistake!!! Call 1-888-COM-CAST, ask a question about HD TV or the DVR. Hang up and call back. Ask the same question. You will get 2 different answers.
atlantagatorlee is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 12:51 PM   #20 (Print)
Judremy

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronWalker
They claimed to be working on AAC support and that still isn't there (although I've read some reports that it may somewhat work with 7.1).

They DO have AAC support. There is a thread about this. On the macs it can play unprotected AAC files by converting them to MP3 on the fly. Probably in version 2.0 for Mac there will be this support in the interface, but someone found the SDK in there for it.

You know there is no WPA encryption for a fact?

And comcast is great since when your box has issues, they'll take it with your shows and give you a new BLANK box. That and once Tivo is gone they can increase their prices like they have with Internet, Basic Cable, and Phone.

Monopolies are great, no competition = no limit to prices. How can Internet & Cable cost more when more people are using it? Digital cable is cheaper than analog for them to send through the lines. Hope you are happy when you get raped by Comcast in a year or so. Don't forget, if you switch to another provider, they take that "free" box with them or you can buy it for $200.
Judremy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #21 (Print)
SavMan
Angry Mac User

Quote:
To be fair to TiVo, that was (mostly) Apple's fault. Apple decided midway through that development that they no longer desired to license the FairPlay DRM to TiVo. Apple pulled the plug on playing iTunes downloads on TiVo, so TiVo pulled the plug on all AAC development completely. TiVoBill has stated publicly that there is no current plans to develop AAC support. Dennis Wilkinson figured out that if you install lame, TiVoDesktop v1.9 for Macintosh will allow unencrypted AAC to play through HME, but that bit of transcoding is all we can hope for.
Quote:

1. The TiVoToGo rollout was seriously botched. They missed the release date without any announcement. They finally did release it without support for Macintosh users or the DVD burning TiVos. There is still no official timetable for Macintosh support.
You forget about the D* users! (and Poland) Your point is quite valid. No timetable = vaporware.
Quote:
2. 802.11g support. In early 2005 they have finally added limited support for 802.11g adapters but they have no plans to support WPA encryption. Brilliant.

My feelings exactly. TiVo no longer seems capable of innovating or even fixing the problems with their current boxes. AAC is the default encoding format of iTunes, the number one music player, yet TiVo says they have no plans to support it, (the stub left over from earlier development which is undocumented doesn't count). "TiVoToGo" and MRV has been available to ReplayTV users for years, along with the 30-sec skip button that TiVo refuses to document. TiVo invented this concept, why can't they even keep within a year of the competition? AND DUAL-TUNERS FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Last edited by SavMan : 02-18-2005 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Dennis corrected me about LAME, no terminal required!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:33 PM   #22 (Print)
SavMan
Angry Mac User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judremy
They DO have AAC support. There is a thread about this. On the macs it can play unprotected AAC files by converting them to MP3 on the fly. Probably in version 2.0 for Mac there will be this support in the interface, but someone found the SDK in there for it.
TiVoBill would beg to differ. He told us a month ago that there are no plans to offer AAC support. If this changes, I'll be happy, but for now, you need to install lame, and it's completely undocumented, making it a non-feature to nearly every TiVo user.
Quote:
You know there is no WPA encryption for a fact?
Give it a try, tough guy. See if it works.
Quote:
And comcast is great since when your box has issues, they'll take it with your shows and give you a new BLANK box. That and once Tivo is gone they can increase their prices like they have with Internet, Basic Cable, and Phone.
If TiVo goes out of business it'll be their own fault for not dealing with market demand. I will not prop up a company and be a martyr to preserve "competition," as you seem to propose. And for how long do you save your programs? Is it that big of a loss if you lose those Simpsons reruns you've been hoarding? If your TiVo box fails, do you really think their hardware service will do anything but replace the hardware? When have you ever heard of TiVo copying all of your settings and recorded programs at their repair facilities? Your point is moot.
Quote:
Monopolies are great, no competition = no limit to prices. How can Internet & Cable cost more when more people are using it? Digital cable is cheaper than analog for them to send through the lines. Hope you are happy when you get raped by Comcast in a year or so. Don't forget, if you switch to another provider, they take that "free" box with them or you can buy it for $200.
(I get the feeling you learned economics from a certain board game.)

But I digress. So... we can switch to another provider, or we can't? Which is it? I thought ComCast had a monopoly here, after hypothetically pushing DirectTV, Dish Network, all other cable companies nationwide, TiVo, ReplayTV, UltimateTV, MythTV, EyeTV, Sage, ATI, and any other DVR or media provider into Chapter 11?

How many more channels do you get on Digital Cable than analog? 80 analog < 100+ digital plus all of those analog channels that still come into that box. That box they give you for free also cost a considerable amount, where before, you either just used the internal tuner, or a small inexpensive cable box. You are getting a considerable increase in service, but apparently you want it for free. Remember, anyone who doesn't want to pay for ComCast can get DirectTV or Dish, or just straight up go antenna. The price of digital cable is what the market will bear, it is not set up by evil dark-cloaked ComCast VPs in a gray castle on top of a craggy mountain somewhere. You seem to think your benefits are outweighing your opportunity costs, so be happy. Companies exist to make money by serving their customers... they are beholden to stockholders, employees, etc. and will set their fees at a market value. Take an Econ course sometime, you might learn something.

Last edited by SavMan : 02-18-2005 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Dennis corrected me about LAME, no terminal required!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #23 (Print)
Unix_Beard

Quote:

You are aware there are thousands of titles available? Just because Best Buy and Circuit City doesn't carry it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Duh.
Unix_Beard is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #24 (Print)
AnteL0pe
the anti-haX0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbrian
Hahaha yeah the other 4 Mac users are switching to the Comcast DVR as well.

What an utterly uninformed post. While Macintosh users make up somewhere around 5% of the total installed home computers in the country, the percentage of TiVo users with a Macintosh in the house is much higher.

Old 02-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #25 (Print)
dahacker

The MOST important thing a DVR is supposed to do is record TV shows. There is no standalone HDTV TIVO. Comcast's many different DVRs do record and playback perfect HDTV.

It really doesn't matter that the Tivo has the best interface software, customer support, computer interface, DVD recording, etc.

Think of it this way, if Hyundai's were the ONLY car that the government let you drive on the Highway, and all other cars were forced to drive on the back roads, everyone would eventually own a Hyundai. No matter how crappy a Hyundai was or wasn't.

Tivo is dead. HDTV is the future. The cable industry has de facto monopoly control on terestrial DVRs and only Congress can save us.

I don't recommend Tivo any more either.
dahacker is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 01:50 PM   #26 (Print)
Unix_Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judremy

So does this scheme of converting AAC to mp3 on the fly result in another layer of conversion loss?
Unix_Beard is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #27 (Print)
Devedander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavMan
Besides, when have superior numbers ever equaled superior quality? A quote concerning cockroaches v. humans comes to mind...

I thought in a nuclear event the only animals that would survive would be cockroaches....
Devedander is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 02-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #28 (Print)
SavMan
Angry Mac User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unix_Beard
So does this scheme of converting AAC to mp3 on the fly result in another layer of conversion loss?

Yes, anytime you convert from the modern, superior AAC format to the ancient, overly-lossy MP3 format, you will lose fidelity.

Old 02-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #29 (Print)
LuxCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpfm
I would have to agree about TiVos customer support. Recently I tried to change my email and postal addresses. Whenever I would put in my new address the system would tell me "Zipcode does not exist". After trying this upwards of 15 times, I called Customer Support. I asked the guy to update both fields of information. HE couldn't even get the system to accept my zipcode. His response/suggestion; "I dunno know what to tell you man." So as it stands right now my TiVo account profile has incorrect information.

Yeah, you should probably move to someplace with a TiVo-approved ZIP code.

John

Old 02-18-2005, 02:03 PM   #30 (Print)
Dennis Wilkinson

Quote:

They have been working on it, for Mac users at least. If you are running Mac TiVo Desktop 1.9, all you need to have is an installation of LAME. See my post here.

Quote:

While it's certainly your prerogative to not recommend TiVo for whatever reason:

1. The rollout for TiVoToGo happened/is happening as all previous rollouts happened. I suspect that users that don't read these boards (which would be most users) don't know or care about the rollout's progress, and probably wouldn't impact a buying decision. As far as Mac support goes, they say that they are working on it, and I see no reason to think they're lying about it. If the person asking were a Windows user, would this impact a recommendation?

2. TiVoBill says he's unaware of any plans to add WPA. I don't know what his involvement in the development process is, but that could mean exactly what it says: he's unaware of any. That doesn't mean there aren't any (or, for that matter, that there are, which pretty effectively makes it a non-statement.)