July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 04-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #91 (Print)
steveybaby535

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropd
If you're using the iTunes XML format, you shouldn't need to use JID3 or any of the other ID3 libraries for any of the standard ID3 information, since that's all stored in the iTunes XML file... now, to pull out the album art binary data, you will need to use one of the java id3 parsers, but the dash bug shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah - what he said .

The bug would still exist if you are using Itunes to rip your MP3's. For some reason they decided to lock everyone to their "itunes" standard by pushing that data into the XML file instead of into "regular" id3 tags like other rippers do.

I guess I dont consider it a Jukebox bug as people with I-Tunes obsession would /should probably be using Kyles ISee-Itunes app instead of Jukebox.

As far as album art, jukebox completely cheats and just uses the art placed in the directory (hopefully) by the OS. Some alternative ways of getting this is via the mp3 file as its sometimes encoded in there or via the Amazon webservice.
steveybaby535 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #92 (Print)
steveybaby535

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwillys
I agree with manielse. The music player for TiVo is the only thing I consistently use. Some of the other apps look nice and seem cool, but it is a great implementation of a music player that I would like to see.

steveybaby535's is the best I've seen (at least for those who don't use ITunes like me) and I'd love to see its development continued. I also would love to take a look at the code and try to find the answer to the tivo restarting issue. As far as I'm concerned, its the only thing lacking for TiVo Jukebox.

Thanks for the support. Im going to zip up the code this weekend and let you guys have a peek at it. Expect mail...!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #93 (Print)
steveybaby535

Quote:
Originally Posted by manielse
Well personally, Galleon is nice but the music player is not my favorite. Maybe it's just me but why would I want a winamp skin on my TV? It doesn't even organize the artists in anyway.

I do however understand how a project grows and time gets shorter. Been there, done that. I'd be more than happy to take a look at the code and see if it's something I can contribute to.

thanks Manielse - ill let you take a look at it too
Old 04-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #94 (Print)
FranDrescher

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveybaby535
Yeah - what he said .

The bug would still exist if you are using Itunes to rip your MP3's. For some reason they decided to lock everyone to their "itunes" standard by pushing that data into the XML file instead of into "regular" id3 tags like other rippers do.

I do use iTunes for ripping, and the mp3s it creates are considered by JID3 to have no id3 tags at all! But Windows file explorer shows their metadata, and I'm sure Windows isn't peeking into the iTunes xml. So I'm guessing that by default iTunes writes id3v2.4, which JID3 doesn't yet read. So it seems I need a library that can read id3v2.4 instead of one to read iTunes xml.

Update:

iTunes is creating id3v2.2 tags, not 2.4. JID3 doesn't support them; only 1.0, 1.1, and 2.3.0.

Last edited by FranDrescher : 04-14-2005 at 12:30 PM.
FranDrescher is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #95 (Print)
dropd

Quote:
Yeah - what he said .

I guess I dont consider it a Jukebox bug as people with I-Tunes obsession would /should probably be using Kyles ISee-Itunes app instead of Jukebox.

As far as album art, jukebox completely cheats and just uses the art placed in the directory (hopefully) by the OS. Some alternative ways of getting this is via the mp3 file as its sometimes encoded in there or via the Amazon webservice.

Steve - I don't think that's true.. when you import mp3s in iTunes, it stores the ID3 information both in the mp3 file itself AND in the itunes xml file.
dropd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #96 (Print)
steveybaby535

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropd
Steve - I don't think that's true.. when you import mp3s in iTunes, it stores the ID3 information both in the mp3 file itself AND in the itunes xml file.

Sorry - I didnt explain myself very well at all.

It does store the tags in the file as well - but as Fran said it appears to be using a version of ID3 that none of the opensource id3 tag readers are able to read (I say appears because I was nt able to find out for certain what format itunes was using). So if you want a quick and dirty way of reading Itunes song info, you have to read the XML file or write a new library to examine the MP3.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:13 AM   #97 (Print)
FranDrescher

Quote:
or write a new library to examine the MP3.

Right. We've decided we have no choice but to upgrade JID3 to read and write v2.2 tags, at least the barest minimum functionality we need. That way we'll be able to deal with the mp3s that were ripped on iTunes but transferred to a user without iTunes. How lame that Java support lags so far behind C* development! We should have something in 30 days time.
FranDrescher is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-30-2005, 11:47 PM   #98 (Print)
morac

Send a message via AIM to morac Send a message via Yahoo to morac
I ran into an undocumented bug with this app when I tried to play an added song who's filename began with three dots ("..."). This unusual filename pretty much caused the jukebox app to throw when trying to play the file; most likely becuase it sees .. and tries to go up a directory and basically can't find the file. I attempted to remove the file from the playlist.
After that it started behaving strangely and eventually stopped responding to key presses.

Quote:
May 1, 2005 12:39:52 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.PlayListScreen <init>
FINE: Setting list focus to: 0
May 1, 2005 12:39:52 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music getPlaying
FINE: Retrieving the playlist number for the currently playing track. (-1)
May 1, 2005 12:39:52 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music getPlaying
May 1, 2005 12:39:54 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music getPlaying
May 1, 2005 12:39:54 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music$MusicFactory removeTrack
FINE: Removing track number 0 from the playlist.
May 1, 2005 12:39:54 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music$MusicFactory reset
FINE: Resetting the music factory.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.PlayListScreen.removePlaylistI tem(PlayListScreen.java:230)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.PlayListScreen.handleKeyPress( PlayListScreen.java:192)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeObject.handleEvent(HmeObject.java:92)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:200)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BScreen.handleEvent(BScreen.java:138)
at com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.PlayListScreen.handleEvent(Pla yListScreen.java:353)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:449)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:451)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchKeyEvent(BApplicat ion.java:153)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchEvent(BApplication .java:125)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.readEvents(Application.java:494 )
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handleHME(Listen er.java:484)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler.handle(Listener. java:525)
at com.tivo.hme.http.server.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.j ava:92)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Listener$ConnectionHandler$Acceptor.run(Lis tener.java:564)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
May 1, 2005 12:39:54 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music getPlaying
May 1, 2005 12:39:55 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music getPlaying
May 1, 2005 12:39:55 AM com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music getPlaying

morac is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #99 (Print)
jasoncwmalone

Somehow am just not seeing what I am doing incorrectly. I have gotten other components to run, such as iSeeiTunes but really wanted the functionality this boasts.

Can someone please assist? Here is my batch file that I edited. I have all the necessary things downloaded, am I supposed to load them differently?

set classpath=%classpath%;C:\tivoHME\bananas.jar;C:\tivoHME\juke box.jar;C:\tivoHME\helliker.jar;C:\tivoHME\hme.jar;
java com.tivo.hme.sdk.Factory com.sharpers.tivo.hme.jukebox.Music "G:\Documents and Settings\Darksun\My Documents\My Music\iTunes"

Well, for now what I have done is converted my iTunes playlist using software called SonglistToM3U and loaded the playlist into tivo and set to shuffle.... really want to play around with the functionality this has to offer. Hope to find help soon.
jasoncwmalone is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 05-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #100 (Print)
steveybaby535

Hey Jason,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Give this a try:

http://www.sharpers.com/webstart/sph.jnlp

Let me know if it doesnt work for you. I would suggest you copy and paste the error message you are getting into your next post - that will help us figure out what is wrong.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 12-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #101 (Print)
RaoulDuke

Is this app available any longer? The links referenced in this thread to download the app are dead. I am running Galleon and it almost fits the bill. I'd really like to be able to dynamically add songs to the queue/jukebox while music is playing. This one sounds like it supports that functionality.

Thanks,
-RD
RaoulDuke is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #102 (Print)
steveybaby535

I stopped development of this app - sorry. I'm sure Galleon will have this functionality eventually.