let me get this straight...

Can't eat 4lbs of meat - 4 hour penalty

Destroy your vehicle, and injure your camera man - carry on
racer21 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #122 (Print)
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair
The announcer at the end was just stirring the pot by asking about the drive-by by Rob.

"The announcer at the end?" That's all Phil is to you? Phil is, without a doubt, the greatest human being in the history of the universe. He is who Jeff Probst hopes to be after 10,000 more lifetimes.

He is the coolest person in the public eye, bar none. I'm including movie stars, TV stars, media personalities, politicians, etc. He's the best.

Show some respect!

Old 03-30-2005, 02:30 PM   #123 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

All hail Phil!!

Old 03-30-2005, 02:34 PM   #124 (Print)
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz
Might be a disadvantage at some point. It seems as if there are many people on this forum that would go out of their way to hinder Rob & Amber's progress. I can even see some of you offering to help and then intentionally getting them lost! Now wouldn't that make for great TV!? Think of the promo "Does Rob & Amber's ransom get paid? Tune in to the next Amazing Race!"

Oooh.. that episode would be a keeper. Maybe not a full fledged kidnapping, but an offer to help and drive them 50 miles away to the middle of nowhere. Kick them out and tell them "I'm actually a Rupert fan" as you leave them in the dust.
Idearat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 02:35 PM   #125 (Print)
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschrock
Also, one other thing that I was a little surprised with was that the brothers were actually provided another car. Ok, yeah, they wouldn't have been able to finish if they hadn't been, but we've always been told that if a car breaks down through no fault of their own that a replacement vehicle will be provided. Well, in this case, I'd have to argue that the accident was very definitely their fault. Admittadly, we've never really seen this circumstance before (except one could argue the diesel/gas issue in the past, where teams were left to deal with it theirselves).

1. If the brothers were not given another car (and I agree that a good argument can be made that they should not have gotten another vehicle), then the interesting philosophical issue becomes whether any other teams should have stopped to help push the original car back upright. Because the TAR production staff would not be allowed to help, I don't know if the two brothers could have done this on their own. (In past shows, teams have been responsible for finding locals to help pull their cars out of the mud.)

2. One wonders how much influence Team Birdcage's producer and cameraman may have had on the decision to stop. The natural inclination of the TAR staff would have been to stop and (1) help their co-workers and (2) get this on film (since the Brothers' cameraman was out of commission).
TIVOSciolist is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 02:40 PM   #126 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVOSciolist
1. If the brothers were not given another car (and I agree that a good argument can be made that they should not have gotten another vehicle), then the interesting philosophical issue becomes whether any other teams should have stopped to help push the original car back upright. Because the TAR production staff would not be allowed to help, I don't know if the two brothers could have done this on their own. (In past shows, teams have been responsible for finding locals to help pull their cars out of the mud.)

2. One wonders how much influence Team Birdcage's producer and cameraman may have had on the decision to stop. The natural inclination of the TAR staff would have been to stop and (1) help their co-workers and (2) get this on film (since the Brothers' cameraman was out of commission).

I think it was pretty clear that Team Birdcase was genuinely concerned about the brothers. They were obviously upset. You could hear it in their voices. Also remember, the brothers have gone out of their way in the past to help the gay boys. There was one time they left a Pit Stop and grabbed a cab for the gay boys and held it until they came out. There are other examples of the brothers helping them out but I don't recall at the moment.

My choice for winners:

1. Uchenna & Joyce
2. The Brothers

Old 03-30-2005, 02:42 PM   #127 (Print)
pmyers

Send a message via AIM to pmyers
If team Birdcage's camera crew were the only ones around to catch it, there is no WAY they would allow them to keep going and not get it on film. They very well might not have had a choice but to stop. That's just too much good T.V to not get it on film.
pmyers is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 02:48 PM   #128 (Print)
Oldandslow
"Old" Member

Just a thought about the vehicles they were driving: Range Rovers, like other top- heavy SUVs, should have a plaque on the dashboard that says something like-"Trying to turn this vehicle when driving fast will cause a roll-over”. It looked like there was a 90 degree turn where the brothers rolled over. Driving way too fast!

I was rooting for the brothers in the foot race but they ARE idiots. Remember when they said, in the last episode, something about making "no more mistakes" and then driving off in the wrong direction and missing a turn? Dumb times two.

Go Romber!

Sony KDF-E50A10
Phillips HDR 112 Series 1 [Dual-80GB Drives]Lifetime
Humax T800 Series 2 [Dual-80GB Drives]Lifetime
Sony DHG-HDD500
Oldandslow is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 02:55 PM   #129 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Send a message via AIM to hefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJO1966
Have there been any Ray & Deanna lovers out there?

I doubt it. I think that's one thing we can all agree on.

Follow The Amazing Race in Google Earth. Complete through leg 6.
hefe is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 03:00 PM   #130 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe
I doubt it. I think that's one thing we can all agree on.

Now that they're gone... it's bedlam.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:00 PM   #131 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDing
Rob and Amber at the Fast Forward: Once another team is there first you HAVE to leave. There are only two possible outcomes, the first team gets it or they don't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinBear
This is not strictly true from previous Fast Forwards. In the first season, the "mother daughter" team and "Team Guido," the original evil gay duo, arrived at the FF and were both able to work on completing the task. There may have been other FFs where this was possible, but that's the only other one where another team actually got there and was able to make the attempt. Of course, in the early seasons there was a Fast Forward on almost every leg of the race.

I didn't think he meant that you have to leave according to the rules, because that is not true. You have to leave from a common sense point of view because you are wasting time every second you stand there. Since this was not a task where you could race for it, they were stuck and should have left immediately.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #132 (Print)
markz
Menah Menah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat
Oooh.. that episode would be a keeper. Maybe not a full fledged kidnapping, but an offer to help and drive them 50 miles away to the middle of nowhere. Kick them out and tell them "I'm actually a Rupert fan" as you leave them in the dust.

Now there's a show I'd watch!

Philips DTiVo PVR (DTV/R10)
Hughes DTiVo PVR (GXCEB0T)
markz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #133 (Print)
ValerieJ

one more observation

and then I won't bring it up again.
There are staff members in the car with the teams, so I'm sure the other staff members in the other cars were concerned for their coworkers and friends.
I wonder how the staff in Romber's car felt about them not stopping.
It was obvious Phil was not happy. Again, not only did Romber not stop but he mad cruel comments.
Just wondering how the staff will treat them and how they might edit them to make them look bad.
You think this incedent will come back to haunt them.
I also wonder what happens at the pit stops after everyone checks in. Do they all eat together, hang out. I could see everyone eating together while Romber sits by themselves.

Last edited by ValerieJ : 03-30-2005 at 04:08 PM. Reason: i gave a spoiler.. sorry
ValerieJ is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 03:47 PM   #134 (Print)
pmyers

Send a message via AIM to pmyers
Well the teams can't be too tight if they couldn't remember that Merideth was the man
pmyers is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #135 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieJ
and then I won't bring it up again.
There are staff members in the car with the teams, so I'm sure the other staff members in the other cars were concerned for their coworkers and friends.
I wonder how the staff in Romber's car felt about them not stopping.
It was obvious Phil was not happy. Again, not only did Romber not stop but he mad cruel comments.
Just wondering how the staff will treat them and how they might edit them. Don't forget, according to spoilers XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You think this incedent will come back to haunt them.
I also wonder what happens at the pit stops after everyone checks in. Do they all eat together, hang out. I could see everyone eating together while Romber sits by themselves.

You need to remember the spoiler rules for this forum. If what you said is true, you have violated the rules. Spoilers for future episodes ARE NOT ALLOWED. Please edit your post to remove.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:10 PM   #136 (Print)
ValerieJ

ok i edited the original post

Quote:
You need to remember the spoiler rules for this forum. If what you said is true, you have violated the rules. Spoilers for future episodes ARE NOT ALLOWED. Please edit your post to remove.

so, many forums mention that. I am new, ok.
wow. tough group here
ValerieJ is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 04:15 PM   #137 (Print)
MattDing

Send a message via AIM to MattDing
Quote:
so, many forums mention that. I am new, ok.
wow. tough group here

OK.

I don't think hefe was mean about it. To put a spoiler in just type [ spoiler ] before the text and [ / spoiler ] after it. Eliminate the spaces when you type it so it looks like [word] and [/word].

You don't have to take it out, just go back to you post and edit it so that other people won't see it if they don't want to. Just add the tags before and after.

Thanks.
MattDing is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #138 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

I wasn't meaning to be mean. Just inappropriately blunt, I do that a lot. Sorry.

Trying to be quick so we can get it fixed, otherwise, there will be a lot more complaints....

Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #139 (Print)
David Platt
Large Ebony Rooster

Send a message via AIM to David Platt
Did any 'Six Feet Under' fans have to suppress a chuckle every time somebody mentioned "grinding the corn?"

Old 03-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #140 (Print)
laria

Quote:
I am new, ok.

The posting guidelines for the forum are in a sticky thread at the top of the page:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...ad.php?t=135911

Old 03-30-2005, 05:13 PM   #141 (Print)
smak

Quote:
I wasn't meaning to be mean. Just inappropriately blunt, I do that a lot. Sorry.

YES! Very good cross thread promotion there!

-smak-

"I'm sorry, i'm going to have to get back to you, there's a girl in a bathtub on the other line"
smak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #142 (Print)
JEbbesen
Advanced Member

Just how pathatic would the show be if all the teams were polite and caring of each other. So much so that I doubt we'd be watching at all as the series wqould have been cancelled after the first one.
JEbbesen is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #143 (Print)
marksman

Quote:

CHLOE!
marksman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 05:39 PM   #144 (Print)
jhausmann
Diogenes-type seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEbbesen
Just how pathatic would the show be if all the teams were polite and caring of each other. So much so that I doubt we'd be watching at all as the series wqould have been cancelled after the first one.

Why, it would be less pathetic than it is now. However, if you had meant to write "entertaining", you would have a case.

How enjoyable is a Nascar race without crashes? What's the ratio of "feel good" news to disasters? The bad stuff is always more "fun"/"entertaining". Perhaps it's conditioning....
jhausmann is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #145 (Print)
marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph
Rob haters can ignore this post.

When Meredith and Gretchen were bumming money, all of the other teams should have thought this way: we want to do everything possible to keep them in the race, because they are old and weak and slow, and we can beat them in the final.

Who would you rather be up against in the final episode? Meredity & Gretchen, plus Lynn & Alex? Or The Brothers, plus Rob & Amber?

That's some useful Survivor training.

Yeah but there is no way they are going to make it to the end... So prolonging their exit from the game an extra week on the chance you might go instead of them just doesn't make sense.

I think it sounds good on paper, but Meredith and Gretchen are not going to make the final three.

(of course I will come back here and eat this whole thread if they do. )
marksman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #146 (Print)
jhausmann
Diogenes-type seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman
Yeah but there is no way they are going to make it to the end... So prolonging their exit from the game an extra week on the chance you might go instead of them just doesn't make sense.

I think it sounds good on paper, but Meredith and Gretchen are not going to make the final three.

(of course I will come back here and eat this whole thread if they do. )

Ray and Deana thought they were better than them...
jhausmann is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #147 (Print)
Raj

Send a message via ICQ to Raj Send a message via MSN to Raj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue14
Did anyone notice that when the brothers' car rolled over, that the driver in the car was someone in a white tank top? It wasn't the brother who was driving. What's up with that?

I had to look at this a dozen time. Remember they drive on the other side of the road over there in Africa. I did find it kinda strange though. Stunt man, perhaps? (kidding!)

Enjoy Photography?

Snapshots of Ryan's world (My photography blog.)

Last edited by Raj : 03-30-2005 at 06:12 PM.
Raj is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 06:19 PM   #148 (Print)
PJO1966
I'm baaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausmann
Ray and Deana thought they were better than them...

One of the best parts about them being eliminated last night is that Team Birdcage & Meredith and Gretchen beat them. That had to be salt in the wound for Ray.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #149 (Print)
biggiogrl7

Quote:
Do you mean bullying? Badgering? Browbeating? Blustering? Bludgeoning?

That is exactly what I meant!!!
biggiogrl7 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 06:27 PM   #150 (Print)
getbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandslow
Just a thought about the vehicles they were driving: Range Rovers, like other top- heavy SUVs, should have a plaque on the dashboard that says something like-"Trying to turn this vehicle when driving fast will cause a roll-over”. It looked like there was a 90 degree turn where the brothers rolled over. Driving way too fast!

"Oh no! We're blocked in by a bunch of SUVs."

"Don't worry. There's a gentle curve ahead."