THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2005, 08:35 PM   #1 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Lost 3/30 (spoilers)

"He needs glasses."

OK, didn't see that one coming! That was the biggest laugh I've had in ages.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #2 (Print)
kcarl75
Just a guy

What did the person say on the other end of the radio? Did he repeat something about survivors from the flight?

I am watching live and recording something else. Can someone read from the CC.

Thanks
kcarl75 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #3 (Print)
Todd
Lost

This show is awesome. Great episode!
Todd is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #4 (Print)
ScottE22
Podcast Addict

Send a message via AIM to ScottE22
Just got to the "glasses" line. Outstanding......

Old 03-30-2005, 09:22 PM   #5 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Turtleboy
While I liked it, I think the long delay hurt it. I lost a bit of interest during the break.
Turtleboy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #6 (Print)
ellinj
Quack

Send a message via AIM to ellinj
Just get the damn hatch open already.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 PM   #7 (Print)
Test
Register User

MAN that was a good ep...this show gets better and better...

anyone catch anything that wasnt "obvious"?

edit: like boone looks like the one that will be dead by the end of the season...

and i think the best line came from hurley yet again...HARRY POTTER...haha hilarious
Test is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 09:33 PM   #8 (Print)
Skittles
Vegas, here I come!

Send a message via AIM to Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Skittles
Kinda interesting to see this framework getting laid out tonight. Great episode, but it was obviously one of those hours that's laying the groundwork for some major stuff over the next few episodes.

Sawyer's glasses... that was kinda interesting. I loved how they gave him a half frame black, and a half frame white... just one more black/white, good/evil reference, symbolinzing the duality of so many things on the island.

Kinda saw the last half of the Locke backstory coming after we saw his father on dialysis. I knew Locke was going to offer up a kidney, and I knew the father had manipulated the situation in order to get a kidney donor. Great to see nonetheless (especially seeing the similitude with the Boone side of things), but I REALLY want to know how he lost use of his legs, now.

Interesting to see they've dug up so much of the capsule. But I agree with ellinj... just get the darn thing open already. I totally appreciate the fact that this is slowly blossoming... but it's almost too slow (and as Turtleboy mentioned, the long delay between shows is counterproductive to a show that thrives on snail-like pacing)

Old 03-30-2005, 09:37 PM   #9 (Print)
ScottE22
Podcast Addict

Hmmmmmm - very bizarre indeed, though I saw the kidney thing coming when Locke conveniently showed up "early" to meet with his dad. Poor Boone. Looks like he isn't going to make the end of the season...

And what the HECK is lighting up inside the hatch/tunnel/capsule?

Old 03-30-2005, 09:40 PM   #10 (Print)
kramerboy
Jelly Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithcarl
What did the person say on the other end of the radio? Did he repeat something about survivors from the flight?

I am watching live and recording something else. Can someone read from the CC.

Thanks

The person on the radio said "there were no survivors of Oceanic flight 815".
kramerboy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 09:52 PM   #11 (Print)
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

Lights are on .... somebody must be home

Old 03-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #12 (Print)
Jeeters

What was the joke that Hurley made about Harry Potter? I rewinded it several times but couldn't make it out. 'looks like your team just rolled Harry Potter' or something?
Jeeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 10:00 PM   #13 (Print)
ScottE22
Podcast Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters
What was the joke that Hurley made about Harry Potter? I rewinded it several times but couldn't make it out. 'looks like your team just rolled Harry Potter' or something?

I think it was something about being steamrolled by Harry Potter...

Old 03-30-2005, 10:05 PM   #14 (Print)
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

"Dude. Looks like someone steamrolled Harry Potter."
Fool Me Twice is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 10:09 PM   #15 (Print)
cynthia

I thought it was a great episode. I liked how you expected to see how he lost his legs, but that wasn't revealed. I didn't clue in to the fact that the father had manipulated the situation until the bed was empty, well maybe when the mother was standing there.

I am a little tired of this hatch thing, almost don't care what is in there after all this time! Just open it!

Also, what frustrates me is that they do not tell anyone else what they're doing. They really should reveal that there was another plane where Boone sent a mayday signal, a dead body with a gun, a hatch, etc.! What is Locke up to not wanting to reveal anything...

And yes, it looks like Boone is a goner, but wouldn't it be just like Lost to have him pull through? Things are never how they seem they will be.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #16 (Print)
Keith_R90210

Great episode! I'm a little concerned though that the break may have taken it's toll and despite how great this episode was it won't show in the ratings.

Locke's back-story was kind of depressing, and why is he all of the sudden losing his legs again?

The Sawyer stuff was pretty funny, once again Hurley cracks the best line: "Dude...looks like Harry Potter got steamrolled". I considered the Sawyer story tonight to just be humorous filler for the dramatic overtones of the Locke story and the obvious groundwork being laid for the remainder of the season.

I agree that the hatch is taking up lots of time but to me it carries the suspense longer. I just hope that they make the suspense worthwhile and Locke opens it to find something intriguing and not something stupid like a circus midget and two jumbler's with control of a light switch. Why does Locke insist on keeping this hatch a secret, why did he lie about the cause of Boone's accident, can't the other's know about this other plane crash and the mayday Boone sent before his accident?

The radio contact bit was interesting especially when the guy on the other end said that there were no survivor's of flight 815. I guess Boone is bye bye and we'll be seeing that next week. If I remember right there has been talk of main character's dying for awhile now, I wonder if Boone will be the first one.

-Keith-

Last edited by Keith_R90210 : 03-30-2005 at 10:18 PM.
Keith_R90210 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 10:13 PM   #17 (Print)
vertigo235

Boone will probably die because he got heroine in his blood, and locke lied about what happened. IE they could have treated him if they knew.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #18 (Print)
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

In an earlier episode Locke said that if you want something from the island you've got to give something to it. In this episode Locke gets the use of his legs back when Boone gets hurt. Miracles in exchange for ritual sacrifice?

I thought the pacing of the show was a little off in the first few minutes, as if everyone on the show was trying to get back into the flow of things after a hiatus. I don't know if that's true or not, but it felt that way.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:24 PM   #19 (Print)
Jeeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235
Boone will probably die because he got heroine in his blood, and locke lied about what happened. IE they could have treated him if they knew.
I don't see how Jack not knowing what happened would hurt the treatment that much. I also thought it was strange how Jack wanted to know "exactly" what happened and that he fell down the side of a cliff wasn't enough info. Jack, he fell far and went boom, what more do you need to know?
Old 03-30-2005, 10:25 PM   #20 (Print)
vertigo235

That there was heroine in the plane, and that it could have been exposed to boone's blood stream. Did you even read my post?

Old 03-30-2005, 10:26 PM   #21 (Print)
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia
Also, what frustrates me is that they do not tell anyone else what they're doing. They really should reveal that there was another plane where Boone sent a mayday signal, a dead body with a gun, a hatch, etc.! What is Locke up to not wanting to reveal anything...
Locke hasn't told anyone because he feels he's been chosen for some higher purpose. He was clearly devastated in this episode when the island seemed to have forsaken him in spite of his great faith. This sense of abandonment was paralleled in the story with his father. His final line summed up his feelings, "I've done everything you wanted me to do! So why did you do this to me? Why?"

Boone hasn't told anyone because he's been loyal to Locke ever since Locke rescued him from his rather destructive attachment to his sister.

Last edited by Fool Me Twice : 03-30-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:28 PM   #22 (Print)
Jeeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia
And yes, it looks like Boone is a goner, but wouldn't it be just like Lost to have him pull through? Things are never how they seem they will be.
Yeah, not sure yet. But I won't be surprised if he dies. Boone could still remain on the show even if he dies: they still have Shannon for more flashbacks. (I would think there's possibly an interesting story the writers have to tell about Boone and his mother and meeting Shannon and her father.)
Old 03-30-2005, 10:39 PM   #23 (Print)
Fish Man
Chubby Hubby

Very good episode.

Locke's secretiveness is starting to get on my nerves though.

Theory:

When Locke realized he'd been screwed over by his father, he tore out of the hospital with his incision from the removal of his kidney still open and oozing blood. The blood was visible on his shirt when he was arguing with the guard at his father's guard station.

Could infection have set in at the site of his kidney removal, and spread to his spine, causing his paralysis?

Fish Man is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 10:41 PM   #24 (Print)
Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice
In an earlier episode Locke said that if you want something from the island you've got to give something to it. In this episode Locke gets the use of his legs back when Boone gets hurt. Miracles in exchange for ritual sacrifice?

Exactly. Making Locke show his devotion to the Island (which sounds kinda strange when you actually write it down) although there was no way for Locke to know the plane would come down. Was that plane flying from Africa, or did I get the country wrong? If so, it's a long way to the south seas in that old plane.

Great Hurley line. Dude...
Dad is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 10:49 PM   #25 (Print)
Fish Man
Chubby Hubby

Even though I've been (and somewhat still am) in the "supernatural" camp, arguing something is "supernatural" about the island....

I think Locke may be going off the deep end with his interpretations.

He's essentially of the impression that the island is guiding him for some higher purpose, and it "gives and takes".

What if Locke has simply gone off the deep end?

What if the "healing" of his paralysis simply had something to do with the way his body was "manipulated" by the forces of the crash? And now, he's simply having a "relapse" of his condition.

What if Locke is trying to assign meaning to a chain of events that is largely a co-incidence?

The island surely still holds lots of mystery. What the hell is the hatch? Why don't compasses work? (Notice that Locke was using a compass in this episode, though! I thought we established they didn't work on the island?) What's up with Hurley's numbers?

Yup, somethings still weird. Probably even "supernatural", but perhaps not as systematic and specific as Locke is interpreting it to be.

Also, I halfway expected Jack's father to be doing the kidney operation!

PS:

My first new LOST episode for me in HD with my new HD-DTiVo!!! I did see last week's rerun in HD though.

Fish Man is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 11:10 PM   #26 (Print)
crowfan
I Voted for Pedro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad
there was no way for Locke to know the plane would come down
He did see Boone with a bloody face in that vision. He sent him up there anyway. He may not have put 2 and 2 together but normally Locke gets all that stuff.

Great ep, makes me real excited for the rest of the season.
crowfan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 11:11 PM   #27 (Print)
TivoFan

Okay, my tv station interrupted for a "severe weather" alert and I missed about five minutes of the show. It came back and Locke was in the hospital with his mom looking at an empty bed. Can someone fill me in on what happened just before that?
TivoFan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 11:24 PM   #28 (Print)
Lainie*H
Time for MLB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoFan
Okay, my tv station interrupted for a "severe weather" alert and I missed about five minutes of the show. It came back and Locke was in the hospital with his mom looking at an empty bed. Can someone fill me in on what happened just before that?

Me too me too! I'm in Memphis and we were yelling at the TV. Stupid ABC. Alert, alert!! It's raining!!!

What happened right before they showed Locke after surgery and the empty bed?
Lainie*H is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 03-30-2005, 11:30 PM   #29 (Print)
CatBurger00
My youiest

Send a message via ICQ to CatBurger00 Send a message via AIM to CatBurger00
If Locke grew up in several foster homes, why did he tell the kid in the beginning that he played "mouse trap" with his brother?

Old 03-30-2005, 11:33 PM   #30 (Print)
TivoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie*H
I'm in Memphis and we were yelling at the TV.

Hey, you're right next door! Yeah my wife was about to throw the remote at the TV. I had to promise to find out what we missed online before she would calm down.
TivoFan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post