SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 04-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #1 (Print)
Skittles
Vegas, here I come!

Send a message via AIM to Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Skittles
Battlestar Galactica - 4/1 - SPOILERS

Wow.

Just... wow. It's so hard to put into words how amazing this episode was. Lots happened, lots to talk about, but I'm still processing it. I did NOT see that ending coming. Loved how Lee stuck to his gut and not his sense of duty, though.

Two key points stick with me at the moment, though.

A) It's going to be a long, long wait until July.
B) Thank you, Lords of Kobol, for giving me that catfight.

Old 04-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #2 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Dang.

I'd say the chain of command has become somewhat less than crystal clear...

Old 04-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #3 (Print)
Mike Farrington
Fatty McButterpants

Send a message via AIM to Mike Farrington
I'll respond to this thread since it was here first by a couple of minutes...

Holy Crap! I didn't see that coming. I literally stood up out of my seat and said "Oh S%$@!".

I'm just glad we don't have to wait a full year. July can't get here soon enough. I have never been more impressed with a new Sci-Fi show (the genre, not the channel) than I have been with BSG.

-Mike
Mike Farrington is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-01-2005, 11:08 PM   #4 (Print)
tanstaafl
Spawn of Cthulhu

Now that's how you do a cliffhanger...

#86 When the Evil Overlord tries to guilt-trip me by claiming that I'll be responsible for something he plans to do if I don't cooperate with him, I'll mercilessly quote Ayn Rand to him.
tanstaafl is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #5 (Print)
Jeeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farrington
Holy Crap! I didn't see that coming. I literally stood up out of my seat and said "Oh S%$@!".
Looked like maybe Boomer wanted to say the same thing afterwards.

That's the first time I've literally jumped in my seat in a *long* time.
Jeeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #6 (Print)
Jeeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles
Thank you, Lords of Kobol, for giving me that catfight.
Sorry, I think the dozen Boomers in the buff beats it.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:21 PM   #7 (Print)
rlc1
Frelling idiot

Boomer must die. Even though she's hot.
rlc1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #8 (Print)
KellyR66

I was a big fan of the original BG. When I started watching this new series I practically had to force myself to continue watching. It seemed too dark, too serious, and heavy handed.

I must say that I am glad that I kept on watching. The last 5 episodes have been amazing. This show is the best Sci fi on TV right now. I anticipated a cliff hanger with the season finale but I a literally stood up in shock when Boomer did what she did. This is a show that gets better with every episode. I hope they can keep it up for season 2.

So what do you think going to happen to Baltar? Is he going to end up commanding a base star like he did in the original series? Will they find directions to Earth? Who will become VP is Baltar doesn't come back? Will Adama survive? (I think so). What is Colonel Tigh's wife up to? What is all this talk about the "Gods' plan" that the cylon woman is talking about.

The more nekkid Boomers the better!!

See ya in July!
KellyR66 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-01-2005, 11:55 PM   #9 (Print)
mjh
Re: Member

All I could say when I saw that ending was, "Uh... uh..." and then I was speechless. I had to sit for a few minutes afterwards just to catch my breath. I just did NOT see that one coming.

Questions:
  1. Is Starbuck going to take Helo back with her? And Boomer? Will they all fit in the raider? Is Starbuck even going back?
  2. How the heck are they going to resolve all of those conflicts? Commander Adama & Lee, Commander Adama & the president, Col Tigh & Lee, Lee & Starbuck, Adama & Starbuck, Tigh & Starbuck, (any more that anyone else can think of)
  3. Of course, the obvious: will Adama survive? (Actually I think it's a forgone conclusion that he will)
  4. Did the Cylons know that Adama was going to pick Boomer for the mission?
  5. Did the Cylons react to the transponder in Boomer's Raptor or the transponder in Boomer?
  6. How did the Cylons know that Starbuck was going to be where she was going to be? Presumably her transponder should have made the cylons think she was a cylon.
  7. If they knew she wasn't a cylon, why did they wait until being on caprica to fight her.
  8. For that matter, why did they fight her at all? If they are trying to make cylon/human babies, why did they try to prevent Starbuck from getting the Arrow? Why only 1 cylon in the fight?
Geez, it's gonna be a LONG friggin' time until July!

12/02-04/03: SA TiVo S2, 40hr, stock, lifetime (sold)
Prior to 12/02: Coveting. MASSIVE coveting
mjh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 12:14 AM   #10 (Print)
chewbaccad

Frakkin' wow... now that's how you end a season. I haven't been stirred that much by a tv show in ages.

For some odd reason, I had the brief idea that Adama was going to shoot Boomer on the bridge... like he knew all along, and then he'd just cap her right there. But I knew that would be strange. So it made me jump just a little more when the end came.

Good god man, does this mean Col Tigh is in charge now?!? Lords of Kobol help us...

Old 04-02-2005, 12:23 AM   #11 (Print)
jwjody
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to jwjody Send a message via Yahoo to jwjody
HOLY FREAKIN COW!
WTF!!
WOW!!

I'm with everyone else, I DID NOT SEE THE END COMING.

I CANNOT wait until July!

Really, just WOW!

J

Old 04-02-2005, 12:25 AM   #12 (Print)
jwjody
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to jwjody Send a message via Yahoo to jwjody
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh
[*]If they knew she wasn't a cylon, why did they wait until being on caprica to fight her. [*]For that matter, why did they fight her at all? If they are trying to make cylon/human babies, why did they try to prevent Starbuck from getting the Arrow? Why only 1 cylon in the fight?[/list]Geez, it's gonna be a LONG friggin' time until July!

I thought that the fight was personal. 6 seemed to have an issue with Starbuck, and she knew her name. Which lends credence to 6 being a chip in Baltar's head.

J

Old 04-02-2005, 12:41 AM   #13 (Print)
Jeeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh
How the heck are they going to resolve all of those conflicts? Commander Adama & Lee, Commander Adama & the president, Col Tigh & Lee, Lee & Starbuck, Adama & Starbuck, Tigh & Starbuck, (any more that anyone else can think of)
Yeah, I want to know how Apollo's going to get out of his mutiny charges. Seems like if Adama lets him go, then it would be favoritism, plus no other officers will ever trust him again.

Quote:
Did the Cylons react to the transponder in Boomer's Raptor or the transponder in Boomer?
Maybe both?

Quote:
How did the Cylons know that Starbuck was going to be where she was going to be? Presumably her transponder should have made the cylons think she was a cylon.
Even if it at firsts identifies her as a Cylon, they should still want to question what the ship is up. 'Hey Chrome Dome, one of our raiders just landed by the old museum. Do you know of anything scheduled to be going over that way? Maybe we should investigate.'
Quote:
If they knew she wasn't a cylon, why did they wait until being on caprica to fight her.
They wanted to see why she came first before taking her out?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:29 AM   #14 (Print)
Thom

Boomer knew about the Arrow of Apollo being the key, and being present in the museum. Presumably the other human cyclons also know.

I think Six was waiting for whomever came. Since it was Starbuck, it was personal due to Baltar and Starbuck's history.

I wasn't looking at the screen during the final bridge scene. Glad I have a TiVo!
Thom is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:06 AM   #15 (Print)
ckelly5
Denny Crane

My Jaw was on the ground for 10 minutes.

Did *not* see that coming.

Wow.

ckelly5 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:22 AM   #16 (Print)
pjenkins
Failed Politician :)

What an ending, I'll echo everyone's "wow" factor. And immediately I am thinking "oh, no, another show I have to wait 18 months for the new season", then the "coming in July" and I was back to a stunned happy

Great show, one of my favorites on TV right now.
pjenkins is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:26 AM   #17 (Print)
dirk1843
I'm your huckleberry

Did Geida give Boomer the gun??

Is Helo going back to the fleet??

What did the baby look like that 6 showed Baltar??

Is Baltar a Cylon??

Will the crew give Helo and Boomer a baby shower??

Who else will turn up to be a Cylon??

Why do we have to wait until July??

Why does the 6 in Baltar's head, and the one on Caprica seem so different??

Old 04-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #18 (Print)
atrac
TiVolian Model One

Having watched the series earlier this year, I am glad that we're all up to the same page now.

So yes, now I can finally say to people that saw the show.....WOW...that ending ! WOW!!!!!

atrac is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:39 AM   #19 (Print)
jfjellstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk1843
Did Geida give Boomer the gun??

Didn't Boomer bring the gun she wore on the basestar? I think they just brought the pilots directly from the hangar.

Quote:
Is Helo going back to the fleet??

I presume so. He already did his 'duty'.

Quote:
Why does the 6 in Baltar's head, and the one on Caprica seem so different??

They're not the same? (Two Macs might be the same model, but still be different).

Old 04-02-2005, 02:52 AM   #20 (Print)
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

I knew Boomer was a Cylon and I knew she might reveal herself in dramatic fashion at some point, but right before she pulled her weapon all I was thinking was Racetrack ain't bad lookin'! I was completely caught off guard when she shot Adama and my jaw dropped and stayed dropped for the remainder of the show.

I thought They've killed off Adama! They've actually killed off Adama in the first season! But, then the episode ended without a confirmation of death, so I'm not so sure. I really like EJO and think he's an enormous asset to the cast, but if he's not dead next season I'll be just a little disappointed. On the other hand if he is dead I'll be disappointed that I had to wait months to find that out.

What a beeyatch the President turned out to be. Apollo saves her butt, then she rolls over on him.

The political infighting is still the weakest part of the show. Their political system--whatever it is--just doesn't make any sense to me. I know there's supposed to be a struggle between freedom and security, but without showing us the day to day lives of the civilians I really don't know what it is the President is fighting for (other than her newly found religion, but others are standing with her for political reasons).

Helo: We can't kill her. She's pregnant? <----[So? She's going to kill you! Cylons kill people!]

Boomer: I have feelings!
Helo: You have software. <----[Funny]

This show has me hooked, but suspense can turn into aggravation if the writers aren't up the challenge (frankly, I'm feeling both). I hope they are up to the challenge, though--it's a good show.
Fool Me Twice is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:57 AM   #21 (Print)
oski87
Idiot

Best........... cliffhanger.............. EVER!!!!

(Dont EVEN say Picard-Borg. Uh-uh)
oski87 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:59 AM   #22 (Print)
jfjellstad

I really feel for Galactica Boomer. Looked like her Cylon part took over, and then released just enough to let HumanSharon know what she did.

I really have been disliking the President the last two episodes. I wish it would turn out that her choice would be disastrous for the survivors, but I'm guessing it's going to turn out she was right and that Adama was wrong.

Now that Roslin is arrested, does that make Baltar the President? And did that last scene mean that he cast his lot with the Cylons? And what does oldApollo (whatever his name is) think of the political situation. He might take advantage of it.

Old 04-02-2005, 03:06 AM   #23 (Print)
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjellstad
nd what does oldApollo (whatever his name is) think of the political situation. He might take advantage of it.

I think the name was Tom Zerek.

Boy, I can see why one of the news stories I read said that his jaw dropped for 5 minutes! The baby w/6 part was kinda spoiled when I read ahead somewhere accidentally and I'd heard about an "army" of Boomers somwhere before. But the whole thing w/GalacticaBoomer on the bridge I didn't see coming.

I'm pretty sure Adama isn't dead. Didn't the whole cast get signed up for season 2?

I wonder what's going to happen w/the 2 Boomers. I kinda wonder why it seems the Boomers didn't do really anything about the nuke and let themsleves be destroyed? Is it all part of destiny or the prophecies?

I have to admit that this show has turned out to be pretty good.

RCA DVR80
TiVos w/lifetime: Sony SVR-2000, Philips HDR212, Tivo TCD540080
cwerdna is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 03:18 AM   #24 (Print)
bootedbear
JavaJunkie

Best. Show. Ever.
bootedbear is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 03:43 AM   #25 (Print)
gregmdusa

Send a message via AIM to gregmdusa
My two cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwerdna
I wonder what's going to happen w/the 2 Boomers. I kinda wonder why it seems the Boomers didn't do really anything about the nuke and let themsleves be destroyed? Is it all part of destiny or the prophecies?

If you were the toasters, wouldn't you sacrifice a base star to kill Adama? Especially if your on-board/sleeper cyclon was falling down on the job. Get the Galactica Sharon to dock and replace/modify her and boom Adama's dead.

How did Starbuck know that Caprica-Sharon was a cylon? I mean there was no hesitation.

Great Episode.

Old 04-02-2005, 03:50 AM   #26 (Print)
jfjellstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmdusa
How did Starbuck know that Caprica-Sharon was a cylon? I mean there was no hesitation.

She knows the Cylons looks human. She knows Boomer is supposed to be on the Galactica. She knows there are several copies of the same model of Cylon. She sees Boomer on Caprica. She realize Boomer is a Cylon.

Old 04-02-2005, 04:20 AM   #27 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters
Even if it at firsts identifies her as a Cylon, they should still want to question what the ship is up. 'Hey Chrome Dome, one of our raiders just landed by the old museum. Do you know of anything scheduled to be going over that way? Maybe we should investigate.'They wanted to see why she came first before taking her out?

You're assuming they need to use a human radio to communicate...we know that they can do "magic" data transfer at a distance, since their personalities are uploaded at death. The Base Ship probably just uploaded and analyzed a copy of Boomer's personality as she approached...or, of course, if they ARE a collective intelligence, the Cylons would all have known as soon as she was in range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjellstad
She knows Boomer is supposed to be on the Galactica.

Plus she left Boomer behind on Galatica, and there would be no way for Boomer—at least, THAT Boomer—to beat her to Caprica, since Starbuck was literally traveling faster than humanly possible (since she had to steal the Cylon ship to get there—and I wonder if she and Apollo will get adjoining cells?).

So when do the DVDs come out? June, I guess would make sense..?

Old 04-02-2005, 05:07 AM   #28 (Print)
aintnosin
That's Ain't No Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs
So when do the DVDs come out?
Not soon enough!!!

When is season 2?

Not soon enough!!!
aintnosin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 05:52 AM   #29 (Print)
aintnosin
That's Ain't No Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs
I'd say the chain of command has become somewhat less than crystal clear...
Ain't that the truth.
  1. The President is in jail...
  2. The Veep is stranded on Kobol. (and a traitor.... and probably nuts...)
  3. The commander has holes in him...
  4. His second in command is a drunk...
  5. His wing commander (and son) is in the brig...
  6. His top pilot is back home on Caprica....
aintnosin is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-02-2005, 07:00 AM   #30 (Print)
cheesesteak
with fried onions

Boiiiiiinggg!!!!!!!! Didn't see that coming.

So why exactly was Adama so pissed that he'd stage a coup? Sending Starbuck to retrieve the arrow? I know I must be missing something but I thought he overreacted maybe just a little bit. I thought Adama and the President had grudgingly come to respect each other.

A planet of naked Boomers. And they blew it up!

Can't wait until July. Wish I had a Tardis.
cheesesteak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post