July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #31 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAaronT
Wait, so the gift subscription can't be used on an already activated box?

That's correct. Gift subs can only be applied at the time of activation so they can only be applied to a box that has no active service.
TiVoBill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #32 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Bale
Can we get two participant at this price or just one?

If you are eligible for this offer (i.e. you are a TiVo Rewards participant with one or more activation referrals), you can get up to 5 free boxes under this offer. You must purchase a 12-month or product lifetime sub for each box that you order.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #33 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeoTiVo
soon to be a ThreeSoFar TiVoite
now I have the problem of deciding on the 12 months or the lifetime

Guess it comes down to how Multi discount is handled by a gift sub
155/7 = 22 months. so if the 155$ gift sub lasts that long then this is a complete no-brainer for me

If you apply the 12-month gift sub towards monthly service, and you are eligible for Multi-Subscription Discount, we will subtract $6.95 a month from the balance of the gift sub, which will make it last a little over 22 months.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:33 PM   #34 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoBill
If you apply the 12-month gift sub towards monthly service, and you are eligible for Multi-Subscription Discount, we will subtract $6.95 a month from the balance of the gift sub, which will make it last a little over 22 months.

this offer totally rocks! Who needs dual tuners when you can get TiVos at this price.
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #35 (Print)
Popasmurf
TiVo Holic

Send a message via MSN to Popasmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Popasmurf
Bill,
I have 1 subscriber under my rewards program but did not get the e-mail. How can I get the e-mail, or get in on this deal? I have at least 2 people that are interested and would LOVE to offer them this deal. Also, if I do this and already have a unit, how would that work with the reduced fee each month?

Last edited by Popasmurf : 04-21-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Popasmurf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #36 (Print)
davevt98

TivoBill,

What happens if the unit is activated with a 12 month gift subscription and I need to sell my tivo before the 12 months is up. Is it transferable? How does this work? Thanks for your response.
davevt98 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #37 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popasmurf
Bill,
I have 1 subscriber under my rewards program but did not get the e-mail. How can I get the e-mail, or get in on this deal? I have at least 2 people that are interested and would LOVE to offer them this deal. Also, if I do this and already have a unit, how would that work with the reduced fee each month?

They might still be sending out the e-mails. If you don't get it later this evening, I would suggest calling the Sales Center since they should have you on their list. If you were to activate the new subscription under your account, it would automatically display the $6.95 a month price when you activate.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:01 PM   #38 (Print)
Popasmurf
TiVo Holic

Send a message via MSN to Popasmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Popasmurf
Quote:
They might still be sending out the e-mails. If you don't get it later this evening, I would suggest calling the Sales Center since they should have you on their list. If you were to activate the new subscription under your account, it would automatically display the $6.95 a month price when you activate.

Nevermind. I read the thread again, and the question I had asked was answered.

Last edited by Popasmurf : 04-21-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Popasmurf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #39 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by davevt98
TivoBill,

What happens if the unit is activated with a 12 month gift subscription and I need to sell my tivo before the 12 months is up. Is it transferable? How does this work? Thanks for your response.

That would get a little trickier. You have have to leave it registered under your name for the 12 months. Somebody else could be in possession of it, but it would have to be on your account to avoid losing the value of the gift sub. After the 12 months was over, you would need to contact us to cancel your monthly service and then the new owner could activate service themselves. Just make sure the call us after 12 months or you will start getting billed for monthly automatically.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #40 (Print)
davevt98

Quote:
That would get a little trickier. You have have to leave it registered under your name for the 12 months. Somebody else could be in possession of it, but it would have to be on your account to avoid losing the value of the gift sub. After the 12 months was over, you would need to contact us to cancel your monthly service and then the new owner could activate service themselves. Just make sure the call us after 12 months or you will start getting billed for monthly automatically.

Thanks for the response but I just need some more clarification. I have one unit and want to activate another one with the gift subscription. It would qualify for the multi service discount. However, I will be moving in less than 12 months and don't know if both Tivo's are coming. Will the second unit be able to be used in a different location while still receiving the multi service discount as long as the first tivo is still active? Thanks again for your response. I just need to make sure before I go through with this new tivo. Thanks.
davevt98 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #41 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popasmurf
Sorry to be a little slow on this... So basically they would apply the $155 and then it would get divided by the monthly fee? So really it wouldn't be a 12 month subscription, but a 22 month subscription? If not, how would it work.

Again, sorry to be so slow on this.

Exactly. Even though it's called a "12 month gift sub", the billing system treats is as a $155.40 payment on your account. If you only owe $6.95 a month, it will last until it runs out of dollars (in a little over 22 months).
Old 04-21-2005, 04:10 PM   #42 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by davevt98
Thanks for the response but I just need some more clarification. I have one unit and want to activate another one with the gift subscription. It would qualify for the multi service discount. However, I will be moving in less than 12 months and don't know if both Tivo's are coming. Will the second unit be able to be used in a different location while still receiving the multi service discount as long as the first tivo is still active? Thanks again for your response. I just need to make sure before I go through with this new tivo. Thanks.

If the two boxes started calling in from two different zip codes, our systems would consider them to not be eligible for Multi-Subscription Discount any longer. It might take a little while, but the price would be adjust to $12.95 a month for each so the remainer of the gift-sub would be used up more quickly once they were in different places.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #43 (Print)
Test
Register User

Quote:
Can the "12 month TiVo service gift subscription" be cashed in towards a lifetime subscription?

Yes -- when activating service, you can apply the 12 month gift-sub towards either 12 months of monthly service or take the cost of it off the $299 product lifetime charge.

maybe a stupid question, but we can only do this when activating? not when the 12 months are up?
Test is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #44 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test
maybe a stupid question, but we can only do this when activating? not when the 12 months are up?

It's a limitation of our billing system. Gift subs can only be applied in the activation application. It's possible that they might be able to be applied towards existing subs in a future phase, but it's not currently possible.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #45 (Print)
joshbousel

New 140 hour tivo setup

This seems like an amazing deal to me, I'm almost sold, but have one question that isn't clearly answered on the Tivo site. I have 1 Tivo already and would get the 140 hour one and add it as a second in my home. My house does not have a phone line though, and I would have to bring it over to a friend's for the initial setup. Since I wouldn't be calling in from my "Home" phone number (my account phone # is my cell), would this effect my eligibility to add this Tivo to my network at $6.95?? Once I activate the Tivo somewhere that has a phone line, I would be taking it home and adding it to my wireless network.
--Josh
joshbousel is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #46 (Print)
JAaronT
Registered Offender

Ok, so how many Tivos are set aside for this promo? Are they going fast?
JAaronT is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #47 (Print)
JustAllie
Not-Captain

Send a message via AIM to JustAllie
Just ordered my semi-free 140 hour TiVo.

This was worth jumping on just to avoid the hassle of going through a rebate claim. Truth be told, what I really want is one of the DVD burner TiVos, but maybe I can get one of those later on.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #48 (Print)
kegs

so, if i get in on this deal and order the 140 hour box, i can:
1. use the new 140 hour box as my own under my existing account
2. give my old 40 hour box to my friend and they will be able to use the gift subscription when they set up their new account with my old box
and 3. get the referal for the new account getting set up?

am i correct on all of these TiVoBill?
kegs is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:29 PM   #49 (Print)
smak

3 Questions Bill

1. What are my options after the 1 year gift subscription. Just go pay $300 for lifetime, or monthly?

2. If I buy this, I would cancel 1 other Tivo I have that I pay monthly for. It would leave me with 2 lifetimers. Is that cool?

3. I'd try to give away the one I pay monthly for now. Would I be eligible for a referral if that person signed up?

-smak-

"I'm sorry, i'm going to have to get back to you, there's a girl in a bathtub on the other line"
smak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #50 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbousel
This seems like an amazing deal to me, I'm almost sold, but have one question that isn't clearly answered on the Tivo site. I have 1 Tivo already and would get the 140 hour one and add it as a second in my home. My house does not have a phone line though, and I would have to bring it over to a friend's for the initial setup. Since I wouldn't be calling in from my "Home" phone number (my account phone # is my cell), would this effect my eligibility to add this Tivo to my network at $6.95?? Once I activate the Tivo somewhere that has a phone line, I would be taking it home and adding it to my wireless network.
--Josh

We do MSD eligibility checks primarily through zip code, so you should be fine as long as you set it up with your zip code.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #51 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAaronT
Ok, so how many Tivos are set aside for this promo? Are they going fast?

I don't know the number (it's in the thousands for sure), but based on discussion here, I'd imagine they are going pretty fast.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:44 PM   #52 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegs
so, if i get in on this deal and order the 140 hour box, i can:
1. use the new 140 hour box as my own under my existing account
2. give my old 40 hour box to my friend and they will be able to use the gift subscription when they set up their new account with my old box
and 3. get the referral for the new account getting set up?

am i correct on all of these TiVoBill?

Yes -- this will work. You will just need to cancel the service on your box before you give it to your friend. They can then activate new service using the gift sub on your 40 hour box and list you are the referrer for TiVo Rewards points.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:45 PM   #53 (Print)
ajwillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbousel
--Josh

Just use the ,#401 dialing prefix. I've had my tivo over two years and have run Guided Setup many times. It's never been connected to a phone line.
ajwillys is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:45 PM   #54 (Print)
sfreling

Clarification

Bill,

I've been reading through the thread on the Free 14o hour Tivo, and I'm liking what I see; but, I still need a little more clarification...

As I uderstand the offer, I can call and order the 140 hour unit and a 12 mo. sub for $155.40. This will be my 2nd Tivo, so that means that my payment of $155.40 will actually get me 22 months of service, right?

Now, I also read that if I wish to purchase Life Time service that my payment of $155.40 can then be applied to that purchase -- meaning that I only need to pay the difference. Is that correct? If so, are there restrictions on when I can make the decision to upgrade to the Life Time -- meaning, can I wait 22 months and just pay $143.60 (= $299-$155.40)??

Thanks for the help!
sfreling is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:48 PM   #55 (Print)
ajwillys

I've been waiting for them to call me back for over an hour. Just wondering if anyone's had any luck with them actually calling you back or should I wait on the line. I don't really want to use all my cell minutes, but will for this deal
ajwillys is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:49 PM   #56 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak
3 Questions Bill

1. What are my options after the 1 year gift subscription. Just go pay $300 for lifetime, or monthly?

2. If I buy this, I would cancel 1 other Tivo I have that I pay monthly for. It would leave me with 2 lifetimers. Is that cool?

3. I'd try to give away the one I pay monthly for now. Would I be eligible for a referral if that person signed up?

-smak-

When you activate with the gift-sub, you will have to give us a credit card number. Once the value of the gift sub is used up, we will start to bill the card $12.95 (or in your cast $6.95 if you are eligible for Multi-Subscription Discount) a month. You can at that time choose to change to Product Lifetime if you want to, but there is no proration of the $299.00 charge (or whatever product lifetime costs at that point).

You can certainly do number 2 and 3. Yes -- you would be eligible for TiVo Rewards points as long as you friend listed you as the referred when they activate TiVo service.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #57 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreling
Bill,

I've been reading through the thread on the Free 14o hour Tivo, and I'm liking what I see; but, I still need a little more clarification...

As I understand the offer, I can call and order the 140 hour unit and a 12 mo. sub for $155.40. This will be my 2nd Tivo, so that means that my payment of $155.40 will actually get me 22 months of service, right?

Now, I also read that if I wish to purchase Life Time service that my payment of $155.40 can then be applied to that purchase -- meaning that I only need to pay the difference. Is that correct? If so, are there restrictions on when I can make the decision to upgrade to the Life Time -- meaning, can I wait 22 months and just pay $143.60 (= $299-$155.40)??

Thanks for the help!

The value of your gift-sub is decreased by either $12.95 or $6.95 a month, depending on whether you are eligible for Multi-Service Discount or not. So if you choose monthly and waited 6 months at $6.95 ($41.70) , the value of your gift-sub is then $113.70 ($155.40 - $41.70). If you upgraded to Product Lifetime at that point, you would be billed $185.30 ($299 - $113.70).
Old 04-21-2005, 05:59 PM   #58 (Print)
sfreling

Quote:
The value of your gift-sub is decreased by either $12.95 or $6.95 a month, depending on whether you are eligible for Multi-Service Discount or not. So if you choose monthly and waited 6 months at $6.95 ($41.70) , the value of your gift-sub is then $113.70 ($155.40 - $41.70). If you upgraded to Product Lifetime at that point, you would be billed $185.30 ($299 - $113.70).

OK, now I understand.

But, one more question Bill...

I just want to make sure that I am eligible for the Multi-Service Discount. How can I confirm??

Thanks for your patience!
sfreling is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #59 (Print)
smak

You know what I just realized by reading this thread.

Right now I have 1 lifetime, and 2 monthly tivos. I'm paying $12.95 and $6.95 for the two monthlys.

Isn't that wrong? Shouldn't I be paying $6.95 and $6.95?

Reading the multi service faq

Does the Multi-Service Discount apply to TiVoŽ product lifetime service?
No. The pricing discount only applies to monthly TiVo service fees. However, if you have one TiVoŽ box with product lifetime that is actively using the TiVo service on your account and subsequent boxes are paying the regular monthly fee, those boxes qualify and will be discounted to $6.95.

Have I been overcharged ever since the multi went into effect?

-smak-

"I'm sorry, i'm going to have to get back to you, there's a girl in a bathtub on the other line"
smak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #60 (Print)
adamfp01

Thanks for being so on top of these questions TivoBill. One quick question though - I am a bit unclear on whether or not this was already answered... If someone has TiVo monthly service, can they cancel and reactivate with the gift sub in the same day without much disruption of service?

thanks!
adamfp01 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post