TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2005, 08:05 AM   #121 (Print)
davevt98

I seemed to have gotten carried away and ordered too many. let me know if anyone could use one. THanks
davevt98 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:27 AM   #122 (Print)
mydelsolscaresme

One Ordered!

I just ordered one box. For some reason, I am unnecessarily excited about this, even though I will probably end up giving the box away to a friend or family member! I <3 TiVo!!!!!

P.S. I called around 9:00 am EST...I didn't even get put on hold. The CSR I reached was unbelievably helpful & NICE!
mydelsolscaresme is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:30 AM   #123 (Print)
eldred24

I need one!
eldred24 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #124 (Print)
jimbocobb

I read on another message board that the promotion had already ended because the supply was exhausted already. Is that true ? If so, wow, it didn't even last 1 full day did it ?
jimbocobb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:43 AM   #125 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MighTiVo
866-BUY-TIVO (sic)
866-289-8486 -> University of Pheonix Online

866-GET-TiVo
866-438-8486 -> 140 ways reward hotline

Thanks for noting the correct phone number. That is ironic since I got my BS degree from University of Pheonix Online.
TiVoBill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:53 AM   #126 (Print)
Tersanyus

Well I jumped in on this deal too. Been looking at getting a second TiVo just to handle programs that come on at the same time.

I didn't want to go thru the rebate thing even though the Toshiba I bought last summer was probably TiVo's easiest rebate ever (the $50 rebate at the time was credited to my credit card in a month and a half.)

I called this morning and was on hold for only 5 minutes.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #127 (Print)
quarkman97
All mobbed up!

Send a message via AIM to quarkman97
Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz
That is what makes it an amazing deal... $299 total for lifetime subscription and the unit with large HD.

Too bad I never signed up for the rewards program, didn't think I'd ever make enough points for a decent reward. Though I'm responsible for at least two new Tivo customers in the 18 months or so. Damn!

If it's not THAT long ago, you can log onto your Tivo Rewards account and provide the information of the people you referred and get your points that way. You go on the main page and on the right hand side of the page click "What if I'm missing points for a referral?"

That link scrolls the page down to the paragraph for another link that says "request credit"

Enter your referrals information on that page. It says 60 days, but you might get lucky if you type in their info.

It's come in handy for me twice now, so I thought I'd pass it onto you.

To quote other Tivo forum members: "The UMF is strong with this one..."

I might just buy one and give it away at our housewarming as a prize for showing up. We also had someone put in some flooring at our new house. This might be a good way to thank them. They have a 1-year old and I know they are always missing TV...

...must resist....

"Hands off my drummies!!"

"I'm not a plunker." --David Brent
quarkman97 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:03 AM   #128 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

UMF is totally overpowering - if you can resist then we must check your TiVo credentials
I am now a three TiVo fan.

This one will be all mine and all SCi-Fi all the time with lots of movies thrown in.

PS called at 9:30am EDT on hold for 2 minutes - then an absolutely happy CSR who did a fine job.

Also - it will be a week before TiVo can ship it out - sounds like they are getting a volume of orders

Last edited by ZeoTiVo : 04-22-2005 at 09:28 AM.
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:09 AM   #129 (Print)
Teggy

I pulled the trigger - called at around 9:30 EDT and only waited on hold about 3-4 minutes.
Teggy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:20 AM   #130 (Print)
jimbocobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
I pulled the trigger - called at around 9:30 EDT and only waited on hold about 3-4 minutes.

Sounds like the deal is still alive then....maybe they got another shipment in !
jimbocobb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:28 AM   #131 (Print)
amyg

My sister just got off of the phone with a cs rep she told my sis that they had just had a meeting and are NOT allowing the 155.40 towards 22 months for multiple tivos. Has anyone else heard this? My sales rep (15 minutes ago) told me it would work that way. Any new info TivoBill?
amyg is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #132 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkman97
If it's not THAT long ago, you can log onto your Tivo Rewards account and provide the information of the people you referred and get your points that way. You go on the main page and on the right hand side of the page click "What if I'm missing points for a referral?"

That's good info thanks... sadly when Best Buy was blowing out the Toshiba SD-H400 for $199 (plus the $100 rebate) like a year ago is when I convinced my buds to join the club.

What I really want is one of those Humax DVD burning boxes - maybe nice folks who don't have anyone else to refer will use me. Heck I could even put a Supporters blurb up on my site linking to the cool peeps. The box is 35,000 points which works out to only 7 very kind, generous, wise, sexy people. Isn't this groveling pathetic!
davezatz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:31 AM   #133 (Print)
sfreling

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyg
My sister just got off of the phone with a cs rep she told my sis that they had just had a meeting and are NOT allowing the 155.40 towards 22 months for multiple tivos. Has anyone else heard this? My sales rep (15 minutes ago) told me it would work that way. Any new info TivoBill?

I hope that your info is dead wrong
sfreling is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:34 AM   #134 (Print)
quarkman97
All mobbed up!

Send a message via AIM to quarkman97
When we order the Tivos do we have to use a credit card in our name? I have a friend that wants two, but of course, I have to order them to get this deal.

Can I call with his credit card number, or do I have to put it on mine and then get the $ from him?

And what's this with what amyg said? The second unit not being able to use the half off one year sub toward a second tivo? That was my main selling point! Clarification needed ASAP!

"Hands off my drummies!!"

"I'm not a plunker." --David Brent
quarkman97 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #135 (Print)
sotman

Does Tivo work with the new cabel cards ready tvs
sotman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #136 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:

Iasked TiVoBill that same question on page 2 his reply from yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoBill
If you apply the 12-month gift sub towards monthly service, and you are eligible for Multi-Subscription Discount, we will subtract $6.95 a month from the balance of the gift sub, which will make it last a little over 22 months.

I gave him a heads up of the post, will wait for his reply to avoid a bunch of meaningless speculation
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #137 (Print)
amyg

I am on the phone with a rep now and she is checking......her info is opposite of what TivoBill has said.......waiting on hold.......Just told that she was wrong!!!! Some reps have bad info. It can be used for 22.3 months with multi room users.........amy
amyg is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #138 (Print)
sfreling

Quote:
I am on the phone with a rep now and she is checking......her info is opposite of what TivoBill has said.......waiting on hold.......Just told that she was wrong!!!! Some reps have bad info. It can be used for 22.3 months with multi room users.........amy

sigh of relief....
sfreling is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:44 AM   #139 (Print)
TerpBE
Go Terps!

I just called at 10:30ET, and didn't wait on hold AT ALL! The first time I called I was disconnected in mid-conversation, but I called back and got directly through again!
TerpBE is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #140 (Print)
pjhartman
excitable boy

Cripes. I just bought two T800's a few weeks ago during the $99 promotion.

Thinking about returning them within the 30-day "no hassle" return window, and replacing them with the free 140-hour units.

Any caveats to doing this, other than my return shipping costs?

pjhartman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:06 AM   #141 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:

Sorry for the misinformation that you got from the sales center. If you are eligible for the $6.95 MSD rate, and apply a gift sub to your account, it will correctly subtract $6.95 a month. The billing system doesn't have any idea if you got the gift-sub from the promotion or not. We always have allowed gift subs to be used for MSD payments.
TiVoBill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:17 AM   #142 (Print)
mrodman

Rebate?

I noticed on my confirmation email that it says "[1] TiVo Series2 140 hr DVR (price before $100 rebate), $0.00"

We can't actually get a rebate on this, can we?

(Sorry if this has been covered in this thread already--I looked through and didn't see it asked.)
mrodman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:21 AM   #143 (Print)
getstuff4less

I would like to clarify on my previous post. I am asking for someone who wants that share. I realize there is profit to be made, but like I said I am just looking for someone who is willing to sell the deal at cost.
getstuff4less is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #144 (Print)
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Quote:
TiVoBill....

When I placed an order tonight I asked about shipping to other addresses. They said if I ordered all on the same order they would go to the same location but I could call back and place another order to ship to another address.

So I lined up some friends in other states and called to place the orders.

Now I am told that they all have to go to the address of the first order (good thing I ordered mine first!)

Please clarify and let me know who is correct.

Nevermind, I was able to place multiple orders with multiple shipping addresses this morning.
MighTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #145 (Print)
davevt98

TivoBill,

Are we able to provide different shipping addresses? The CSR that I spoke to wouldnt let me. Now, I have to receive 5 tivos and then resend them to all my friends??? What a pain. Could you please clarify? thanks
Old 04-22-2005, 11:21 AM   #146 (Print)
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davevt98
TivoBill,

Are we able to provide different shipping addresses? The CSR that I spoke to wouldnt let me. Now, I have to receive 5 tivos and then resend them to all my friends??? What a pain. Could you please clarify? thanks

Just called to order a 4th unit and this time they told me that the person I spoke to first and the person I placed the orders this morning was incorrect and shipping and billing addresses must be the same.

This seems a bit silly.
1) This is a gift promotion, we should be able to send gift to the gift recipient.
2) You are dealing with established customers with an existing payment/credit history.
3) Shipping to the buyer and them re-shipping to the gift recipient doubles the chance of damage during shipment and increases TiVo's exposure to DOA returns.

By the way, THANKS for this promotion, it is a great deal!
MighTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 11:24 AM   #147 (Print)
davevt98

Quote:
Just called to order a 4th unit and this time they told me that the person I spoke to first and the person I placed the orders this morning was incorrect and shipping and billing addresses must be the same.

This seems a bit silly.
1) This is a gift promotion, we should be able to send gift to the gift recipient.
2) You are dealing with established customers with an existing payment/credit history.
3) Shipping to the buyer and them re-shipping to the gift recipient doubles the chance of damage during shipment and increases TiVo's exposure to DOA returns.

By the way, THANKS for this promotion, it is a great deal!

TivoBill,

Can you please get this taken care of?? This is silly considering you want us to keep referring our friends. You should be able to ship the products to them without having to include a third party. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #148 (Print)
Y-ASK
Why Ask?

Oops forgot trade talk was not allowed. Deleted message...

Y-ASK

Last edited by Y-ASK : 04-22-2005 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Trade Talk not allowed
Y-ASK is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #149 (Print)
c3
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz
Should we start placing wagers on when 140HR Tivo's (New In Box!) with Lifetime subscriptions start showing up on ebay for $500?

Already started yesterday. $400-$450 buy-it-now.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #150 (Print)
Havana Brown
Brown Again

Send a message via MSN to Havana Brown Send a message via Yahoo to Havana Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkman97
When we order the Tivos do we have to use a credit card in our name? I have a friend that wants two, but of course, I have to order them to get this deal.

Can I call with his credit card number, or do I have to put it on mine and then get the $ from him?

I just called and that's correct. YOU would have to pay for it, although they could ship it directly to your friend. You make pay back arrangements with friend.

Havana Brown is offline Report Bad Post Report Post