THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #151 (Print)
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkman97
When we order the Tivos do we have to use a credit card in our name? I have a friend that wants two, but of course, I have to order them to get this deal.

Can I call with his credit card number, or do I have to put it on mine and then get the $ from him?

And what's this with what amyg said? The second unit not being able to use the half off one year sub toward a second tivo? That was my main selling point! Clarification needed ASAP!

If it is a friend you trust, just give him your rewards account number and email address, let him call, order, and pay.
This way billing and shipping are the same so you don't run into the gift ship problem of different billing and shipping addresses.
MighTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 12:07 PM   #152 (Print)
davevt98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MighTiVo
If it is a friend you trust, just give him your rewards account number and email address, let him call, order, and pay.
This way billing and shipping are the same so you don't run into the gift ship problem of different billing and shipping addresses.

Doesnt work. The credit card holder must be the rewards member! Already been tried.
davevt98 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 01:11 PM   #153 (Print)
sotman

Is there free shipping to address other than to rewards member address. If gifting to an other will there be shipping costs?
sotman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #154 (Print)
sotman

Does sub come in the box w/ Tivo unit, how does that work?
sotman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #155 (Print)
Popasmurf
TiVo Holic

Send a message via MSN to Popasmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Popasmurf
My shipping address is different from my billing address, and I was allowed to place the order. The guy last night was going to let me use my brother's credit card info and was going to ship it directly do him. This seems to conflict with what you guys are saying now. Huh....

Popasmurf is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #156 (Print)
pjhartman
excitable boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotman
Does sub come in the box w/ Tivo unit, how does that work?

You'll get the following:

Subscription code over the phone when you order.
Subscription code emailed to your rewards email ID.
Subscription code included in the box you receive.

pjhartman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #157 (Print)
TiVoBill

Regarding being able to ship to other addresses -- We just got off the phone with the person who runs the TiVo Sales Center. There apparently was some confusion about whether this was allowed or not. This was clarified with the Sales Center a few hours ago. You should be able to place orders and have them shipped to a different address if you would like to do so (up to your limit of 5 DVRs).
TiVoBill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #158 (Print)
Jumpin_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popasmurf
My shipping address is different from my billing address, and I was allowed to place the order.

I did this. I am not at home to sign for packages so I shipped my unit to the local UPS Store (formerly Mailboxes Etc.). I'll pick it up there.

No hesitation from the CSR.
Jumpin_Joe is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 01:48 PM   #159 (Print)
davevt98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoBill
Regarding being able to ship to other addresses -- We just got off the phone with the person who runs the TiVo Sales Center. There apparently was some confusion about whether this was allowed or not. This was clarified with the Sales Center a few hours ago. You should be able to place orders and have them shipped to a different address if you would like to do so (up to your limit of 5 DVRs).

Excellent!! Thanks TivoBill. I'm glad you are constantly monitoring this forum. You make our lives so much easier. Keep up the good work!

Dave
davevt98 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #160 (Print)
tcpli

Can I get two for myself?

Then combine those two 12 month gc into one lifetime? so that I can use one while keeping one extra as backup?

Another question: I heard a lot that the HD can easily die, so can anybody post some software backup for this perticular model so that I can replace a new hd when it possibly dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR@Buytivo
I work at the sales center for tivo, and believe me this promotion is selling like hot cakes! I would recommend getting in on this deal because it is until supplies last. The reason Tivo is doing this is because they are trying to get as many Tivo's out there by the end of the month because the $100 rebate will be gone... forever. Great deal!
tcpli is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 04:00 PM   #161 (Print)
doctorscott

Red face 140 hrs promo units CAN ship to different addresses...Selling FAST...

I just got off the phone after ordering 5 of the 140 hr. promotional referral TIVO's. I got a service agent on the 3rd ring directly (Did NOT wait on hold at all). The process took about 30 minutes (Each box has to be entered separately). I was ABLE to ship to different addresses than the billing address. I am sending one to Colorado for a sister-in-law, and two to locations not my address. The other two are going to my home address. I put calls out to to many friends regarding this great deal, now have to decide which one of three who responded will get one of the two coming to my home. I wish I could have bought a few more. Way to go Tivo.

While I was on the phone the confirmation numbers jumped by 17 between the 1st and 2nd order, and by the 5th had jumped over 60 units. The agent told me the morning numbers and the increments would indicate over 1,000 units sold today alone (Friday). Get..em while they still have them.
doctorscott is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #162 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR@Buytivo
I work at the sales center for tivo

If that is so, I expect TivoBill will be collecting your building pass shortly and showing you the door.
davezatz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #163 (Print)
gottativo

why standalone tivo?

What are the advantages of getting a standalone tivo vs. getting it with your directtv or cable. besides not being tied in with your provider? It seems cheaper to have it through cable or directtv.
gottativo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #164 (Print)
c3
TiVoholic

The only integrated receiver with TiVo is for DirecTV only. Other DVRs are not TiVos.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:59 PM   #165 (Print)
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottativo
What are the advantages of getting a standalone tivo vs. getting it with your directtv or cable. besides not being tied in with your provider? It seems cheaper to have it through cable or directtv.

The only other TiVo is the DirectTV TiVo and it doesn't support Home media like MP3 and Photo playback, also no TiVo2Go, HME, Multi room viewing, etc.

Some have been able to hack some of these features into DTiVo though.
MighTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 06:26 PM   #166 (Print)
TiVoBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpli
Then combine those two 12 month gc into one lifetime? so that I can use one while keeping one extra as backup?

Another question: I heard a lot that the HD can easily die, so can anybody post some software backup for this perticular model so that I can replace a new hd when it possibly dies?

Only one gift sub can be applied to a particular service account on a DVR since it can only be applied to new activations. Once you activate using one of the gift subs, you will not be able to apply another gift sub to that account.
TiVoBill is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 06:43 PM   #167 (Print)
jack e

I ordered one yesterday and was told they would be shipped in 10 days!
My friend ordered hers today and was told it ships right away.

I have the email that says 4-6 business days, but from when?
jack e is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 06:44 PM   #168 (Print)
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

On the phone with them now. I did have about 5 minutes hold time.

I was able to get two of them. Might get more later. Don't even have a person in mind for the second one yet tho. #'s went up 11 between my two.

Very nice service, as others have said.

Old 04-22-2005, 07:56 PM   #169 (Print)
buddhawood

This may be a stupid question (since I ordered 5) but are these 540140 units or maybe left over 240140 units? I just don't remember seeing a model number.
buddhawood is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:32 PM   #170 (Print)
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

uhoh...hadn't thought of that. I bet it's the newer (nightlight) one. I think they've been out of the older black ones for some time. And the black ones never came in 140 hour, did they?

Yeah. Must be the newer ones.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:39 PM   #171 (Print)
ashu
The reTurbanator!

Send a message via AIM to ashu Send a message via Yahoo to ashu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSoFar
uhoh...hadn't thought of that. I bet it's the newer (nightlight) one. I think they've been out of the older black ones for some time. And the black ones never came in 140 hour, did they?

Yeah. Must be the newer ones.

They did come in 140 hours (240140) but I believe these are Humaxes? (590s?) Or 540s.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:54 PM   #172 (Print)
jctivo

Why only 5 and how many sold today?

So I ordered my 5 tivo's today. Very happy, especially with the free ipod that will be coming my way with the rewards program.

I wonder why the offer is limited to only 5 tivos. I think I might have more friends who are interested but am not sure.

FYI...according to my orders...Between 8am/8pm on Friday, seems like the order numbers have increased by 1400 (assuming that's related to unit sales).

Oh well...what a good month, first comcast deal and now this...the rumours of Tivo's demise might have been premature.

Tivo Concept is the best thing since: Remote Control, Refrigerator & AC
jctivo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #173 (Print)
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

jctivo, your sig is spot on.

My Dad died last year at 75 years old. He's seen TV since the get go, and the space race, A-bomb, all kinds of stuff.

He'd had TiVo since 2001 or so. Last year before he got sick, he said "TiVo is the best thing ever." No qualifications. Very simple. It beat everything out and was best.

Cool.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:37 PM   #174 (Print)
jushen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Steele
Just ordered mine! $155.40 no shipping. I have 120 days from today to use the 12 month gift card service. I can upgrade to the lifetime by paying the difference!

I would like someone to clarify this crucial point for me. I have read the whole thread just now (admittedly going faster and faster after page 5 ) but still couldn't find the definite answer. I ordered the 140 hours TiVo with 12 month subscription.

My question is:

Assume the TiVo comes on May 1 and it is activated on the same day. When is the last day that I can upgrade to Lifetime subscription by only paying the difference, i.e., $299 - $155.40?

Also, how long do I expect to get the confirmation email?

Thanks.

Last edited by jushen1 : 04-22-2005 at 09:54 PM.
jushen1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #175 (Print)
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

email on the original purchase for me was immediate.

on the other thing, my guess would be within the first 30 days, otherwise you start eating into that one year GC with your monthly fees.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #176 (Print)
lessd

Note Free 140H TiVo

This is a great deal if you or your friends have any TiVos on monthly service, order your gift Sub + 140 tivo. Wait at least 24 hours before using the 9 digit gift code. Cancel your monthly service on your TiVo, then do not use the link to re-activate this TiVo, go to Activate new DVR. Put in that TiVo Service Number, on the next page get your lifetime Sub, give them your credit card (they will not charge you) and put in your gift code. You will now have a lifetime on that TiVo and an extra 140 TiVo to what you want with. You do not have to Activate that TiVo. (You can if you want) I know this is the way you can do things because I have a case number from TiVo which is how I got the info. I have done it on some of my monthly DVRs with no problems

Old 04-22-2005, 11:00 PM   #177 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jushen1
My question is:

Assume the TiVo comes on May 1 and it is activated on the same day. When is the last day that I can upgrade to Lifetime subscription by only paying the difference, i.e., $299 - $155.40?

Also, how long do I expect to get the confirmation email?

Thanks.

once you activate the s4ervice the subscription fee for the month is deducted from the 155.40

so if you go two months as monthly that is 155.40 -(12.95*2) leaving 129.50. if you call at that point for lifetime you pay 299-129.50 for the lifetime.

NOTE- if you go from monthly to lifetime in the first 30 days - they waive the firswt month fee
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #178 (Print)
c3
TiVoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd
This is a great deal if you or your friends have any TiVos on monthly service, order your gift Sub + 140 tivo. Wait at least 24 hours before using the 9 digit gift code. Cancel your monthly service on your TiVo, then do not use the link to re-activate this TiVo, go to Activate new DVR. Put in that TiVo Service Number, on the next page get your lifetime Sub, give them your credit card (they will not charge you) and put in your gift code. You will now have a lifetime on that TiVo and an extra 140 TiVo to what you want with. You do not have to Activate that TiVo. (You can if you want) I know this is the way you can do things because I have a case number from TiVo which is how I got the info. I have done it on some of my monthly DVRs with no problems

You still have to pay for the service on the new 140-hour TiVo. Without it, it's next to useless.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:11 PM   #179 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3
You still have to pay for the service on the new 140-hour TiVo. Without it, it's next to useless.

yes but you have a 140 hour TiVo you could sell for 100$ or so pretty easily, tha tis why they limited it to 5
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 04-22-2005, 11:43 PM   #180 (Print)
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeoTiVo
yes but you have a 140 hour TiVo you could sell for 100$ or so pretty easily, tha tis why they limited it to 5

Its like a discount on a lifetime service, E-Bay has them (140h TiVos) at about $150, if that holds then a lifetime service would cost $150, even at $6.95/ month the payback would less then two years...good deal in my book.