Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 06-29-2005, 10:32 PM   #1 (Print)
javahmo

Galleon 1.0.0

The Galleon 1.0.0 media server for TiVo is now available.

Galleon is a free open source media server for TiVo which allows you to enjoy many kinds of content and interactive applications right on your TV. The server runs on your home computer and organizes your media collection so that they can be viewed on your home network. Galleon also brings Internet content and applications to your TV.

Winner of the "Most Creative Application" in the TiVo Developer Challenge.

The Galleon software runs on your PC and hosts applications that can be viewed and controlled on your TiVo. Here are some examples of what the Galleon applications will let you do on your TiVo:
  • Play MP3 files using your favorite Winamp skins.
  • View your photo collection using many slideshow effects.
  • View interesting information about each MP3 file such as album covers, lyrics and web images of your favorite artists.
  • Listen to online streaming radio stations including Shoutcast stations.
  • Organize your media files in many flexible ways.
  • Play your favorite playlists including iTunes playlists.
  • View local weather forecasts and alerts.
  • View internet webcams.
  • Read your email.
  • Read your favorite RSS feeds.
  • Automatically download recordings from your TiVo using keywords.
  • Automatically download your favorite podcasts.
  • Change the look-and-feel of Galleon by using your own skins.

Here are some screenshots of the current version.

This version includes a Windows installation wizard which will install Galleon as a service.

Your TiVo needs to be running at least version 7.1 software.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:47 PM   #2 (Print)
windracer
Go Tribe!!

Send a message via AIM to windracer Send a message via Yahoo to windracer
Congrats on winning "Most Creative App!"

Galleon 2.3.0 on Mandrake Linux 10
windracer is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-29-2005, 11:25 PM   #3 (Print)
jubrand
Temporarily Stairs

Send a message via Yahoo to jubrand
Shoulda got the grand prize.
jubrand is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:45 AM   #4 (Print)
cwoody222
TiVo + Mac = :(

Send a message via AIM to cwoody222
Congrats!

But no Mac support yet?
cwoody222 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 09:29 AM   #5 (Print)
saramj

Congratulations

Congratulations great application!!!!!!!!! Everything seems to be running great on my TIVO's. However, every once in a while I seem to loose one of my TIVO's off of the ToGo application. The listing of programs I see is only for one of my TIVO's. If I reboot the PC everything seems to come back fine. The IP I usually loose is the IP farthest from my wireless router. For example I ran Galleon all day yesterday with no problem. Sometime during the night I lost the upstairs TIVO rebooted the PC and everything is fine.

Also when installing if I leave the Java download selected Galleon goes to Sun and attempts to download the latest version of Java. Since I already have the latest version I receive a message stating that I must delete the version of Java I have before it can download. I click cancel to get out of the Java download and now receive a message stating that Galleon is aborting the installation. If I try again and re-download Galleon but do not check the Java check box everything works fine.
saramj is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 11:09 AM   #6 (Print)
Crrink

I haven't seen the program that won the Grand Prize in action, but I have to say that on paper Galleon seems to be a much more desirable app to me.
I think you should've gotten the Grand Prize too.
Crrink is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 AM   #7 (Print)
angel35

Send a message via AIM to angel35 Send a message via Yahoo to angel35
Please help. I can not get the Galleon server to start. When i go in to service.I get a box that says The galleon service on local computer stated and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if thay have no work to do,for example the performance logs and alerts service What do i have to do to start the galleon service??

Toshiba RS-TX20

Pioneer DVR-57TH

Tivo-540
angel35 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 11:41 AM   #8 (Print)
greg_burns
Now in HD

Send a message via MSN to greg_burns
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel35
Please help. I can not get the Galleon server to start. When i go in to service.I get a box that says The galleon service on local computer stated and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if thay have no work to do,for example the performance logs and alerts service What do i have to do to start the galleon service??

Have your rebooted since installing Galleon? I saw this same behavior when I installed and immediately tried to manually start the service.

Rebooting cleared it up for me.
greg_burns is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 03:30 PM   #9 (Print)
Triforce66
Networking Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel35

Check your event viewer (under Administrative Tools), look to see if you are getting any error listed in there that relate the service stopping. Also I agree with greg_burns you should reboot just to test it. Did you have an older version installed before you installed 1.0.0?
Triforce66 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 03:36 PM   #10 (Print)
dkincaid

Quick question. Does the release have any changes from beta 13? Just wondering if I need to upgrade or not.

D
dkincaid is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #11 (Print)
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

These changes are noted in the release notes.
Quote:
Version 1.0.0:
----------------------
Fixed playlist app play bug.
Changed screensaver.
gonzotek is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #12 (Print)
angel35

Send a message via AIM to angel35 Send a message via Yahoo to angel35
Thumbs up Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce66
Check your event viewer (under Administrative Tools), look to see if you are getting any error listed in there that relate the service stopping. Also I agree with greg_burns you should reboot just to test it. Did you have an older version installed before you installed 1.0.0?

YES. I had a older version installed. I unstalled it now every thing is working. Thanks to all

Toshiba RS-TX20

Pioneer DVR-57TH

Tivo-540
angel35 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 06:02 PM   #13 (Print)
IceDogg

I keep getting an error when trying to install it. Here is a screenshot. If I've done something stupid, please keep it to yourself, I just need help

well it says I don't have 5 post so I can't post a picture or url.. WTF? anyway it says "The Galleon service could not be installed: 6 "
IceDogg is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #14 (Print)
rjmitche

Working great for me. I love this app!

In a previous Galleon thread, you had mentioned that you were going to make the dimming of the screen in the Music app optional. Did that make it into 1.0.0.?
rjmitche is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 08:04 PM   #15 (Print)
ratwod

Great job!

(1) I still can't get random play with a playlist.
(2) I still have to go into the playlist to start it.

Minor annoyances from a great program...

Old 06-30-2005, 08:35 PM   #16 (Print)
IceDogg

Now I see why I couldn't post a picture.. my post count has been reduced quite a bit. Oh well.. that answers one of my questions. Can anyone help me?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:44 PM   #17 (Print)
blarg

well its definately more stable than 13....i've actualy had it running all day, and even played some individually selected mp3 files without crashing...but I didn't want to push my luck too much. The green line in the music player screen saver is gone

------->The Help screen screen that comes up from "server properties" where you can check your TiVo connection still won't close <------------------------
blarg is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #18 (Print)
jubrand
Temporarily Stairs

Send a message via Yahoo to jubrand
iTunes

How long does the iTunes list take to populate? I've had it running for about and hour, and there's still nothing in there.

Still having the problem with 'java' using up 80% of my CPU resources, but it doesn't seem as sluggish.
jubrand is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 06-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #19 (Print)
tivoray

Thumbs up Congrats to JavaHMO

I agree with others in this thread that have said that Galleon should be Grand Winner! I have been using Galleon (and prior to that JavaHMO) since early Beta's and find the application awesome. Well tonight I tried to download some of the other winners. Flickr was available and works fine although there is no elegant Back feature.

NBC Trivia - no download site I could find
Digital Home - no download available
AudioFaucet - hung my PC trying to download the 1st time then OK
Music Monkey - downloaded OK

Many of the winners seem to me to be subsets of Galleon.

Just my 2 cents worth!

TivoRay
tivoray is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-01-2005, 08:58 AM   #20 (Print)
saramj

Arrow Loosing Server

I have installed 1.0 about three times so far. I install and set up the properties, pick my IP address and run the test. Galleon finds both of my TIVO's. I set up all of my applications and everything runs great. I can access Galleon on both of my TIVO's. However when I shut my PC down and turn it on again when I try and restart Galleon by clicking on the desktop shortcut Galleon opens but looks for the server and cannot find the server. TTG can find the server and both TIVO's. I have tried rebooting my PC three or four times in a row and still no server for Galleon. But again TTG can find the server. If I delete Galleon and re-install again everything works great. I tried this morning to re-install Galleon again this time but with Galleon up I rebooted both my TIVO's as if I had never used HME before. I have not shut down the PC yet and everything seems to be running great. I am afraid to turn off the PC. I have been using Galleon since beta 3 and have never had a problem with it finding the server.
I do not know if this relates to the same problem but I added Google Map and skull and bones, added the lines to the launcher text but do not see them show on the TIVO's. Does Galleon need time to reload itself to have tings show? I was doing all of this as I was on my way out the door for work so I have not been there for the one hour reload time that was configured in the properties.

THANKS again for all the help!

PS Sorry this reply might also show under the Beta 13 link. I just realized I posted it in the wrong place!
saramj is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-01-2005, 09:07 AM   #21 (Print)
ratwod

I agree. about the prize. JavaHMO and Galleon runs circles around the rest of them...

Old 07-01-2005, 09:13 AM   #22 (Print)
ratwod

Have any of you figured out a work around for the movie times shown on Tivo? Right now, I am sending an email with the movie times, and then reading the email via Tivo. Any other ways?

Old 07-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #23 (Print)
IceDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogg
I keep getting an error when trying to install it. Here is a screenshot. If I've done something stupid, please keep it to yourself, I just need help

anyway it says "The Galleon service could not be installed: 6 "

Anyone know what I need to do.. I use WinXP I have latest Java installed.. anything else I might be missing? I'd like to try this puppy out. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #24 (Print)
ScottNY845

Send a message via ICQ to ScottNY845 Send a message via AIM to ScottNY845 Send a message via MSN to ScottNY845 Send a message via Yahoo to ScottNY845
My problem is I have installed an APP, but once I deleted it, it is still showing up on my unit.

I know have several APPS on there and yet they are not listed on the Galleon program.

What do I need to do to get these apps to no longer being listed on the tivo unit?

Old 07-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #25 (Print)
blarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNY845
My problem is I have installed an APP, but once I deleted it, it is still showing up on my unit.

I know have several APPS on there and yet they are not listed on the Galleon program.

What do I need to do to get these apps to no longer being listed on the tivo unit?

reboot the Tivo?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #26 (Print)
greg_burns
Now in HD

Send a message via MSN to greg_burns
Quote:

well it says I don't have 5 post so I can't post a picture or url.. WTF? anyway it says "The Galleon service could not be installed: 6 "

On a hunch, I tried installing Galleon as a limited user account (non admin). I got that exact error.

I had to uncheck the Java install portion to test this or else it would stop with an error about needing to be an administrator to install Java.

Quote:
If I've done something stupid, please keep it to yourself

mum's the word

Last edited by greg_burns : 07-01-2005 at 12:12 PM.
greg_burns is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #27 (Print)
ScottNY845

Send a message via ICQ to ScottNY845 Send a message via AIM to ScottNY845 Send a message via MSN to ScottNY845 Send a message via Yahoo to ScottNY845
I tried that and the apps are still showing up....yet they are not running or listed on Galleon since I deleted them...

Old 07-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #28 (Print)
blarg

Quote:
I tried that and the apps are still showing up....yet they are not running or listed on Galleon since I deleted them...

was your earlier version running something other than the galleon (Wrapper) service? maybe you have more than one wrapper running?

if all else fails, reformat your PC and Tivo and start with clean installs
Old 07-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #29 (Print)
ScottNY845

I went into my PROCESSES and ended the WRAPPER service and then re-started Galleon...

Still the APPS are showing up.

Old 07-01-2005, 01:10 PM   #30 (Print)
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
I went into my PROCESSES and ended the WRAPPER service and then re-started Galleon...

Still the APPS are showing up.

Verify your Galleon configuration, then reboot the PC and the TiVo at the same time. If the apps show after the reboot, then they are somehow still configured to start in Galleon. Check configure.xml (use notepad to open it) in the Galleon\conf directory to see if the apps are still listed there if the GUI is not showing them.
gonzotek is offline Report Bad Post Report Post