July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 07-28-2005, 09:45 PM   #61 (Print)
AstroDad
Like Death & Taxes

Send a message via AIM to AstroDad
So I assume nominations will be tomorrow giving them a day to edit for the Saturday show?

Old 07-29-2005, 02:34 AM   #62 (Print)
appleye1
Obladi Oblada

Send a message via AIM to appleye1 Send a message via MSN to appleye1 Send a message via Yahoo to appleye1
Maggie called people in for the "HOH talk" tonight. Kaysar was working her hard and I think she'll fall for it. She seems to really have it in for James and I think she'll end up putting James and Sarah up.

I think in her mind she's starting to think Kaysar just made an honest mistake in thinking Eric had gone back on his word. But she thinks James is a traitor and needs to go next. We'll see.

"Be excellent to one another." - Pan Chun

"All people can be divided into 10 groups. Those that understand binary and those that don't."

"'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' People say this to you with a straight face, and I always say, who...wants...flies?" - Bill Murray

DIRECTV subscriber since 02/96
TiVo user since 12/99
appleye1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-29-2005, 05:04 AM   #63 (Print)
spikedavis

Maggie seems dumb enough to be manipulated. Without her "Cappy" in the house to tell her what to do, she's fair game for Kaysar's plans.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #64 (Print)
mwhip
Tell your friends!!

Send a message via MSN to mwhip
Hey TB, what time do you think nominations are tonight?

Xbox Live gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-30-2005, 01:31 AM   #65 (Print)
appleye1
Obladi Oblada

Send a message via AIM to appleye1 Send a message via MSN to appleye1 Send a message via Yahoo to appleye1
Maggie has nominated James and Kaysar. That was predictable, although I had hoped Kaysar would talk his way out of it.

They won food competion and will get good food for the week. As a bonus they also got the combination to one of the safes. In the safe were 11 PB&J sandwiches. In one of the sandwiches a "no more PB&J" pass was hidden. Janelle got the pass. She doesn't have to eat PB&J for the rest of her time in the house. She can also transfer it to someone else for one week at a time if she wants.

"Be excellent to one another." - Pan Chun

"All people can be divided into 10 groups. Those that understand binary and those that don't."

"'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' People say this to you with a straight face, and I always say, who...wants...flies?" - Bill Murray

DIRECTV subscriber since 02/96
TiVo user since 12/99
appleye1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-30-2005, 02:26 PM   #66 (Print)
CharlieW
diggerphelps.net

Veto competition is going on right now --- I reaaally hope that Kaysar wins it.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #67 (Print)
CharlieW
diggerphelps.net

Hmmm...after 45 minutes of watching the fish tank, they came back and STILL hadn't played for the Veto yet.

It appears that Maggie chose Beau to play, Kaysar is picking Janelle -- and it appears that James will pick Sarah. I guess it's the only person he can truly trust to win it and then use it to save him.

House Guests just waiting around now for BB to call them to the backyard...

Old 07-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #68 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Turtleboy
Ivette to April (in private):

"Everyone is going to hate me for what I am going to say, but I don't care. Didn't Osama convince all those people to kill themselves? Well, what's Kaysar."

And the feeds cut to the fish.

1. F-ck you BB for censoring what a evil nasty person Ivette is.
2. F-ck you Ivette for being that person.

And of course they keep talking about how good they are.
Turtleboy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-30-2005, 06:37 PM   #69 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Sarah won the veto.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:44 PM   #70 (Print)
CharlieW
diggerphelps.net

Team Cappy had a meeting and have agreed to send Kayser home after Sarah takes James off the block with the Veto. Janelle will probably go up in James' place, then they'll all vote out Kayser. Such a shame... that skee-ball HoH competition really screwed up their plans.

Old 07-30-2005, 06:47 PM   #71 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

I just hope that when they get out of the house, they find out how much people hate them.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:00 PM   #72 (Print)
mwhip
Tell your friends!!

Send a message via MSN to mwhip
I am going to give episode feedback from tonight.

There is something Maggie is not saying, I think she may be a detective. That could be one of the other secrets.

James in the hammock talking to Beau and them was pathetic, he should be embarrassed.

Howie made a good deal but should have told Maggie to honor it right there instead of "when the keys come out of the box".

Beau is the worst player at "Gay Chicken" I have ever seen.

Xbox Live gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #73 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Check out this page.

http://www.hamsterwatch.com/

There is a picture of Beau with Paris Hilton at a nightclub in Miami called Mansion.

That's the same club where Janelle works.

Could there be double secret pairs?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:43 PM   #74 (Print)
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy
Ivette to April (in private):

"Everyone is going to hate me for what I am going to say, but I don't care. Didn't Osama convince all those people to kill themselves? Well, what's Kaysar."

And the feeds cut to the fish.

1. F-ck you BB for censoring what a evil nasty person Ivette is.
2. F-ck you Ivette for being that person.

And of course they keep talking about how good they are.

Wow... you'd think Ivette would know what it's like to be labelled like that. Is she the same as any other Lesbian? If another lesbian does something nasty, I guess she would do the same? What a moron.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:23 PM   #75 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

I watched a bit last night... Maggie seemed very interested in talking to Kaysar, but didn't get a chance for any depth... Janelle and then Sarah kept interupting. - of course they were in the kitchen.

Ivette kept trying to spy on the other group - I don't know if she learned anything.

Today, apparantly Maggie and Kaysar got to talk more - and Kaysar offered her safety in coming weeks if she would put up one of her own (April?) She did not immediately go run and tell her group of the talk - maybe she's considering it - but I don't see that happening with how Kaysar presented it. James and Sarah need to pretend to go to Maggie's side and convince her to put up one of her own so as not to become an even bigger target by someone she knows is still going to be around after Kaysar leaves. If Maggie thinks she has James and Sarah's loyalty, she might go for it.
dthmj is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 07-31-2005, 10:42 PM   #76 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

They just had a luxury comp to watch a movie - Rachel, Sarah and Jennifer won.

The contest was to screw in light bulbs to spell out a phrase - first team to screw in all the bulbs that were part of the letters won.

The team that won was so far ahead of the others...
Old 07-31-2005, 11:13 PM   #77 (Print)
CharlieW
diggerphelps.net

Big Brother held a luxury competition for the House Guests tonight. First, everyone was given a quarter to purchase a ball from the giant gumball machine near the stairs. 6 people were then lucky enough to get balls with a pass to play in the luxury competition. The six lucky winners were:

Red Team - Maggie, Beau and Ivette
Blue Team - Sarah, Rachel and Jennifer

The prize -- a showing of 'Four Brothers' (new John Singleton film starring Mark Wahlberg) in the HoH room tonight! However, only one team of three could win....

The competition involved screwing light bulbs into a movie marquee sign to spell out the words of a secret message... (The message was 'SOLD OUT'). After each team felt that their sign was complete -- all three members had to run to a button to activate their marquee sign. If the bulbs were placed correctly, the border of the marquee sign would rotate.

I am thankful to report that the Blue Team (Sarah, Rachel and Jen) were victorious -- the only thing that would have made it better is if it were Howie, Janelle or Kaysar that would have been on the Blue Team, rather than Jennifer).

The competition was not even close. I'm sure that CBS will edit it to make it look like the Red Team had a chance, but the truth is that they had just barely figured out what they were trying to spell when the Blue Team was fine tuning their sign to make sure it was correct.

It just goes to show that when there is any skill or thought involved, Cappy's Sheep are in big trouble. The Red Team was made up of Cappy's three top sheep (Maggie, Beau and Ivette) and they were pathetic.

Damn that stupid Skee-Ball HoH game... I truly hope that Team Kaysar sticks together and starts picking these morons off...and I hope that Ivette is first. She made another Kaysar / terrorist comparison, similar to the one she made the other day. She is just a horrible, horrible person.

Edit: dthmj beat me to it -- I was typing my long post and watching the feeds at the same time...

Old 07-31-2005, 11:16 PM   #78 (Print)
CharlieW
diggerphelps.net

Sarah, Jen and Rachel are watching the movie now --- they were given all kinds of movie treats (popcorn, wide variety of candy etc.) -- similar to previous seasons.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:40 PM   #79 (Print)
4inziksych

Not that I want to defend the idea that all Muslims are terrorists, but he was physically threatening with her the other day. I have to say, he's my favorite player so far, and she provoked it him badly, but...when a man physically threatens a woman (which I would have felt in that moment if I was in her place), it does something to the psyche. Maybe that's where this is coming from.
4inziksych is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-01-2005, 07:03 AM   #80 (Print)
AstroDad
Like Death & Taxes

Send a message via AIM to AstroDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4inziksych
Not that I want to defend the idea that all Muslims are terrorists, but he was physically threatening with her the other day. I have to say, he's my favorite player so far, and she provoked it him badly, but...when a man physically threatens a woman (which I would have felt in that moment if I was in her place), it does something to the psyche. Maybe that's where this is coming from.

I wouldn't call that physically threatening. All he did was stand over her and glare down. I would call that more intimidating than threatening. She didn't seem to feel threatened, she kept yapping her BS throughout the whole thing.

I swear she is the stupidist player there by far.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #81 (Print)
bobsbizzy

Quote:

No, she's just going for the non thinking sterotype.

What would have happened if Cappy had threatened her (like he threatened Micheal), would she be saying that all Fireman are terrorists?? I don't think so.

Generalizing an individuals behavour with whatever group he belongs to as "typical" is just intellectually lazy.

After all, I don't believe that ALL cuban lesbians are annoying obnoxious biatches.
bobsbizzy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #82 (Print)
RichardHead
Musical Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbizzy
After all, I don't believe that ALL cuban lesbians are annoying obnoxious biatches.

Come visit us here in South Florida. You may change your tune!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:13 PM   #83 (Print)
4inziksych

You make some good points, and of course you're right, she's idiotic, but he scared me in that moment. I thought he might hit her. But I've been in some bad places with men, maybe I'm too sensitive to it.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #84 (Print)
lee espinoza
some guy

Quote:
You make some good points, and of course you're right, she's idiotic, but he scared me in that moment. I thought he might hit her. But I've been in some bad places with men, maybe I'm too sensitive to it.

I thought he was going to hit her too.
lee espinoza is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #85 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Sarah used the veto to save James (obviously).

Maggie put up Janelle.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #86 (Print)
markz
Menah Menah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee espinoza
I thought he was going to hit her too.

As I have posted before, he didn't even have his fists clenched. He had his hands hanging at his side and his fingers were loosely curled like anyone else standing with their hands hanging at their sides. He didn't knock his chair back onto the ground and lunge forward like Eric did going after Mike.

Besides, couldn't she have just choked him with the chain on the wallet that all truck-driving lesbians carry? Oh wait, isn't that stereotype true either? Man, if we can't trust stereotypes, how can we judge people that are different than us?

Ok, now I am off my soapbox!

Philips DTiVo PVR (DTV/R10)
Hughes DTiVo PVR (GXCEB0T)
markz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-01-2005, 07:31 PM   #87 (Print)
TiVoKate
Me and my pug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz

Besides, couldn't she have just choked him with the chain on the wallet that all truck-driving lesbians carry? Oh wait, isn't that stereotype true either? Man, if we can't trust stereotypes, how can we judge people that are different than us?

Ok, now I am off my soapbox!

Makes me want to buy this shirt:

Old 08-01-2005, 09:16 PM   #88 (Print)
4inziksych

I'm not sure what you're saying here, if you think we think he was going to hit her because of some stereotype, or if you're just referring to what she said about him. But the perspective is different from (at least some) women seeing that and a guy seeing it. If I were her, I might have felt frightened enough to ask them to talk to him. True, she didn't look scared, but in my mind a man standing over a woman in that manner (fists clenched or not) is a threatening move. His facial expression was also very tense. He seemed like he got control of himself pretty fast, but for a flash it was there.

I felt for him because the other guys were just fighting over silliness, while what he was responding to was an aggressive personal attack on her part - the kind of thing that makes your blood boil.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #89 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

If you are having problems with watching a deep conversation and then all of a sudden it says the stream has timed out after 30 minutes of inactivity... (don't you hate that!), try this... (Stolen from Hamster Watch which has some great commentary each day )

Live feed links

Here's the links to feeds that don't time out, and what to do with them - RealPlayer isn't very cooperative about finding these, so save them in your RealPlayer favorites

Once you've signed up for the feeds, close all the Real windows and launch your player

On the player, click File, then Open, and paste these links in one by one

Once the stream starts, click >> then Favorites then Add Clip to Favorites

Repeat for each of the 4 cams and Quad, then you can switch between cams easily, and launch the feeds next time, right from your player Favorites

High speed (DSL/Cable/T1 etc.)

rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam1_225.rm
rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam2_225.rm
rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam3_225.rm
rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam4_225.rm
rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=quad_225.rm

Low speed (Dialup)

rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam1_56.rm
rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam2_56.rm
rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam3_56.rm
rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=cam4_56.rm
rtsp://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=quad_56.rm

Thanks to the Lisa Donahue fan site for these - check there for updates and shortcut configuration
Old 08-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #90 (Print)
markz
Menah Menah

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're saying here, if you think we think he was going to hit her because of some stereotype, or if you're just referring to what she said about him. But the perspective is different from (at least some) women seeing that and a guy seeing it. If I were her, I might have felt frightened enough to ask them to talk to him. True, she didn't look scared, but in my mind a man standing over a woman in that manner (fists clenched or not) is a threatening move. His facial expression was also very tense. He seemed like he got control of himself pretty fast, but for a flash it was there.

I felt for him because the other guys were just fighting over silliness, while what he was responding to was an aggressive personal attack on her part - the kind of thing that makes your blood boil.

I was referring to the fact that so much is being made of him standing over her, and NOTHING is being said about Eric's actions towards Michael which were far worse. Of course Eric was on Ivette's side, so there must not be a problem with what he did. And she was the one going around threatening to go "all Latin" on people. She verbally makes threats in front of everyone and he is the bad guy for just standing up. Doesn't seem fair to me.

And I was referring with how ridiculous her statements about his nationality were. She is a racist biggot in my opinion. You would think that someone who has probably been the victim of statements about her lesbianism or her being of Cuban decent, would be more sensitive to comments like that. I think she is truely a horrible person.

Philips DTiVo PVR (DTV/R10)
Hughes DTiVo PVR (GXCEB0T)
markz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post