TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 08-02-2005, 02:15 AM   #91 (Print)
spikedavis

I just posted this over at my podcast blog.

So, just as in past years, CBS has chosen not to air certain segments from the live feeds of Big Brother 6. For some inexplicable reason, this year-they are downplaying not only the fact that Ivette is excruitiatingly annoying, but she is also a bigoted hateful racist as well. A few weeks ago, we all remember when she told Kaysar that his "problem" was that he has no respect for women-if you can believe that. Well this week, she has stooped so low as to compare him to a suicide bomber and Osama Bin Laden. The minute she opened her stupid mouth on that subject, the live feed cut to the fish tank-obviously CBS knew how offensive that statement would be and made some sort of quick decision in order to avoid offending any Muslim viewers the live feed may have.

Instead I offer a solution. Air the segment in it's entirety tonight on CBS. Show that bigoted bitch in all her hateful glory for the entire world to see. Make it so that she comes to regret her vile racism. Let's have it so she can't go anywhere after Big Brother is over without being recognized for the insensitive cow that she is. So this is how you treat your opponent on a GAME SHOW? by comparing him to a ruthless murdered who slaughtered thousands of innocents? This is how you treat Kaysar when he's down? He's obviously getting the boot this week, and you feel you have to kick him when he's down just because he voted out the leader of your stupid, mindless cult? As someone who is both Latino and Gay, you would think she would have some sort of knowledge as to how venomous the world can be towards minorities. But Evilette instead stoops to bigotry behind Kaysar's back. I'd like to see her say that to his face.

And now a message to Julie Chen. Grow a spine. When you finally interview this bigot upon her imminent exit from the house-challenge her on these statements. Don't let her get away with it. Instead of asking her those stupid "How's the weather" questions, light a fire under her ass. Demand answers from her on her racist comments and MAKE her apologize. Show us that this show can rise above the typical reality show banter and force one of the idiot contestants to own up to their actions and face the consequences.

Old 08-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #92 (Print)
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikedavis
I just posted this over at my podcast blog.

I only read this one post but will catch up on the thread later because it looks very interesting.

Darn that's nasty of her. I guess she's entitled to her views, but to 'air' them in a place where you know for sure you are on camera 100% of the time is...(insert your worse expletive) nuts.

Maybe she needs to be on some kind of list so she knows how it feels.

retired (must watch though) Sony T60 2-160 drives
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder

“Be yourself, it’s easier isn’t it?”
newsposter is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #93 (Print)
hookbill
Feathered Member

It seems that bigotry in this country is only shown when a white person is the bigot.

I'll bet there would have been no censorship if those remarks came from April.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:00 AM   #94 (Print)
mwhip
Tell your friends!!

Send a message via MSN to mwhip
Anyone want to give an update on the veto ceremony?

Xbox Live gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #95 (Print)
markz
Menah Menah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip
Anyone want to give an update on the veto ceremony?

I read elsewhere that Sara used the veto to save James. And then Maggie nominated Janelle.

Philips DTiVo PVR (DTV/R10)
Hughes DTiVo PVR (GXCEB0T)
markz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #96 (Print)
hookbill
Feathered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz
I read elsewhere that Sara used the veto to save James. And then Maggie nominated Janelle.

That is a fact.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #97 (Print)
CharlieW
diggerphelps.net

Most of the strategy talk yesterday focused around a joint plan between Team Cappy and Team Kaysar to get James out of the house. Both groups realize that he and Sara are playing the middle, even though he has supposedly pledged his allegiance to Howie, Janelle and Rachel. It appears that they'll use the old Nakomis 6 Finger Plan on him, and unless someone leaks it, he'll be completely blind-sided, particularly if Howie, Janelle or Rachel wins the HoH. They would put April and Ivette (or any other combination of Cappy's Gang) up on the block, then nobody picks James or Sarah to play for the Veto. Whoever wins Veto takes one of the pair off of the block, then James goes up in their place. The only flaw to the plan is that occasionally BB holds a Veto Competition where there might not be a winner.

Even though James is a flip-flopper, I think he would stay somewhat loyal to the Sovereign 6, as long as it wasn't his butt on the line -- therefore, it might be a bit too soon to sacrifice him. They need strong players who win competitions so that they can pick off Cappy's Crew one by one. There is a great temptation to get James out as soon as they can, because he is a strong competitor and player, but it could come back to haunt them.

Of course, strategies change on a daily basis, so who knows what'll happen once someone is declared the new HoH on Thursday night.

Although I don't care for many of the players this year, it has been a very entertaining season thus far. I think I'm now rooting for Howie and Rachel. (Assuming that everything goes as planned and Kaysar is eliminated this Thursday.)

Old 08-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #98 (Print)
4inziksych

Quote:
I was referring to the fact that so much is being made of him standing over her, and NOTHING is being said about Eric's actions towards Michael which were far worse. Of course Eric was on Ivette's side, so there must not be a problem with what he did. And she was the one going around threatening to go "all Latin" on people. She verbally makes threats in front of everyone and he is the bad guy for just standing up. Doesn't seem fair to me.

And I was referring with how ridiculous her statements about his nationality were. She is a racist biggot in my opinion. You would think that someone who has probably been the victim of statements about her lesbianism or her being of Cuban decent, would be more sensitive to comments like that. I think she is truely a horrible person.

But the difference is that we (or at least I) like kayser and think he seems thoughtful and respectful. Eric is just a jerk all the time, one time more than the other, hardly news.
4inziksych is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-04-2005, 01:55 AM   #99 (Print)
lee espinoza
some guy

Quote:
As I have posted before, he didn't even have his fists clenched. He had his hands hanging at his side and his fingers were loosely curled like anyone else standing with their hands hanging at their sides. He didn't knock his chair back onto the ground and lunge forward like Eric did going after Mike.

Besides, couldn't she have just choked him with the chain on the wallet that all truck-driving lesbians carry? Oh wait, isn't that stereotype true either? Man, if we can't trust stereotypes, how can we judge people that are different than us?

Ok, now I am off my soapbox!

I am not trying to stereotype anyone I just I thought he was going to hit her.

If a man stands if front of a woman with his hands loosely curled(or what ever) I 'm think he's going to hit her and not because he's Black,mexican ect...

Last edited by lee espinoza : 08-04-2005 at 04:13 AM.
lee espinoza is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 AM   #100 (Print)
spikedavis

What the hell is Kaysar supposed to do with that loudmouth telling lies about him and berating him with insults he doesn't deserve? He certainly wasn't going to hurt Ivette but he was trying to intimidate her because she wouldn't shut up and let him get a word in.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:12 AM   #101 (Print)
lee espinoza
some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikedavis
What the hell is Kaysar supposed to do with that loudmouth telling lies about him and berating him with insults he doesn't deserve? He certainly wasn't going to hurt Ivette but he was trying to intimidate her because she wouldn't shut up and let him get a word in.

Just Walk Away,if someone is talking Crap I Just Walk Away(Yes I know easyer said than Done)

Last edited by lee espinoza : 08-04-2005 at 06:36 AM.
lee espinoza is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-04-2005, 06:20 AM   #102 (Print)
markz
Menah Menah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee espinoza
Just Walk Away,if someone is talk Crap I Just Walk Away(Yes I know easyer said than Done)

I didn't mean to imply you were stereotyping, but Ivette definitely was.

As for walking away, perhaps Kaysar was getting ready to walk away. However, in order to do that, he must stand up first. Maybe he was getting ready to say something but was so fuming mad that he was speachless for a moment so he just stood there to stay in control of his anger. Remember, we are only seeing what CBS xhooses to show us.

But basically, no one on here is going to change anyone else's mind, so I am done talking about it.

Philips DTiVo PVR (DTV/R10)
Hughes DTiVo PVR (GXCEB0T)
markz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #103 (Print)
pmyers

Send a message via AIM to pmyers
I love Kaysar's strategy, but nobody can convince me that his actions were right when he stood up and hoovered over Ivette....no matter how much of a b*tch or annoying she is.
pmyers is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-05-2005, 04:45 PM   #104 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

I've been listening to Ivette for 5 minutes and my head is going to explode...

April just joined the conversation... What's worse than your head exploding?
dthmj is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #105 (Print)
appleye1
Obladi Oblada

Send a message via AIM to appleye1 Send a message via MSN to appleye1 Send a message via Yahoo to appleye1
Quote:
I didn't mean to imply you were stereotyping, but Ivette definitely was.

As for walking away, perhaps Kaysar was getting ready to walk away. However, in order to do that, he must stand up first. Maybe he was getting ready to say something but was so fuming mad that he was speachless for a moment so he just stood there to stay in control of his anger. Remember, we are only seeing what CBS xhooses to show us.

But basically, no one on here is going to change anyone else's mind, so I am done talking about it.

Well, I saw it on the live feeds and basically he was just mad, and probably would have walked away if team Cappy hadn't gotten so excited. I definitely did not get the feeling he was trying to intimidate Ivette or was planning to strike her. (Unlike the feeling I got went Eric went ballistic.)

"Be excellent to one another." - Pan Chun

"All people can be divided into 10 groups. Those that understand binary and those that don't."

"'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' People say this to you with a straight face, and I always say, who...wants...flies?" - Bill Murray

DIRECTV subscriber since 02/96
TiVo user since 12/99
appleye1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #106 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

There has been a full hour of fish during the nomination ceremony... Should be one hell of a ceremony on Saturday.

I've been waiting for the feeds to come back as I want to see the aftermath...
Old 08-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #107 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

Howie nominated - James and Sarah

James kept saying "Maggie, you won."

James is now in HoH telling Howie he never betrayed him (and in reality, I don't think he really did by his actions - now talking, he played both sides, but he has always stayed true to the S6 alliance in his actions)

Personally, I think Howie blew it. He should have put up James and Maggie, with the understanding to James that he was a pawn. Would have bought him a few more days, and then once the veto was done, they could sort it out then. There is a ton of time between veto comp. and ceremony. Would have given Howie a whole lot more options.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:18 AM   #108 (Print)
mt1
Mostly lurking now

Send a message via Yahoo to mt1
They are making pinatas in their likeness for the veto competition. James and Sarah are very upset. Sarah keeps saying "you have 2 free weeks - first him then me" to the other houseguests...

James' pinata is fipping the bird and Sarah's pinata is crying.

All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by mt1 : 08-06-2005 at 12:30 AM.
mt1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #109 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

After over 3 hours of watching fish.....

James won the Veto yet again!

Edited to add: Apparantly this was a week in which no one could have won the veto, but Rachel is saying she messed up, giving it to James.

Sounds like it was sorta like the pig thing where they put balls in the pinata...
Old 08-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #110 (Print)
AstroDad
Like Death & Taxes

Send a message via AIM to AstroDad
maybe they will back-door maggie?

Old 08-06-2005, 04:59 PM   #111 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

They don't have the votes to get anyone but Sarah out.

James, Rachel, Janelle against Ivette, April, Beau, Jennifer

Now, they might be able to put Ivette or April up and convince Jennifer or Maggie to go with them... but none of them will ever vote to get rid of Maggie until they have to. But even that is a long shot.

Putting up James and Sarah was a HUGE mistake on Howie's part. He was blinded by the deceit of James, but yet James had not actually hurt Howie yet.... James is a horrible lying snake, but the bridge wasn't burned until James was put up.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #112 (Print)
hookbill
Feathered Member

In discussions with Sarah earlier James said he would save her. I wonder if her will?

Old 08-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #113 (Print)
CharlieW
diggerphelps.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookbill
In discussions with Sarah earlier James said he would save her. I wonder if her will?

They're pretty much saying that he's staying and she's going.

James is going to save himself and has told Rachel and Howie that his number one target right now is still Maggie. I think James has two different plays at this point -- first he needs to do everything he can to win HoH next week and then put up two of the "Friendship", (let's say Maggie & Ivette), if one of them wins Veto, then April goes up in their place -- he needs to win a bit of trust back from Rachel and Howie and possibly try to get back into their clan.

OR

His other option (and I think a better option for him) would be to go to Janelle (who really seems to despise having to work with the enemy) and make a deal with her. They'll both be singles in the house, they both feel the same way about the Cappy Crew -- and if Kaysar comes back, they bring him into the fold and agree that they'll work together to get the rest out and get to the final three. Honestly, the house was too divided down the middle -- it was unrealistic to expect that you can plan on a certain five or six making it to the finals. At some point, you have to work it down to a plan with just two or three people -- just as Drew, Cowboy and Diane did last season. Janelle, James and Kaysar would make a lethal trio.

Old 08-06-2005, 06:11 PM   #114 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Turtleboy
I'm glad it's not a pure Pagonging. That would have been boring.
Turtleboy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #115 (Print)
dthmj
Smiling Again

Howie, Rachel and Janelle should go to James and Sarah and grovel for forgiveness. Yes, James is a dirty rotten lying snake and they have no reason to trust him other than the fact he has never actually betrayed them, but they need his help if they want to stay in the game.

Put April or Jennifer up in James' place, and get James to convince Ivette to vote out A/J. Ivette is very annoyed with April. Maggie might even go along with it. James and Ivette may have a secret alliance - or maybe they did... Even offer up Ivette's safety next week if she votes out April/Jenn.

But Howie and gang need James and Sarah if they want to stay in the game much longer - the Crappetts will out number them, even with Kaysar. Once they get the Crappetts out - then go after James. They don't even need to get all the Crappetts out - they just need to wait until they have the majority in the house.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:58 PM   #116 (Print)
appleye1
Obladi Oblada

Send a message via AIM to appleye1 Send a message via MSN to appleye1 Send a message via Yahoo to appleye1
It's pretty obvious that James is going to take himself off. What that idiot Howie doesn't realize is that James is also going to win HOH, and Howie is toast. Howie = Doofus.

"Be excellent to one another." - Pan Chun

"All people can be divided into 10 groups. Those that understand binary and those that don't."

"'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' People say this to you with a straight face, and I always say, who...wants...flies?" - Bill Murray

DIRECTV subscriber since 02/96
TiVo user since 12/99
appleye1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-07-2005, 06:29 AM   #117 (Print)
northmoor

Howie made a STUPID move, imo. It could very well end up costing him and his "team" the game. I thought he had somewhat of a brain, but when he can get manipulated like that and fooled by the Crapettes he cannot be too bright.

Not only did he backstab James and Sarah, Howie also seems to have sold out Janelle somewhat for one more "safe" week. His agreement of safety the next week from the Crapettes only included himself and his partner Rachel. If the Craps win HOH next, they will surely put up James per the agreement. The only other one they can put up is Janelle. If James wins POV, then Janelle is out.

Rachel seems to be the brains behind the Howie/Rachel duo.

Janelle needs some better allies. Howie could have sealed her fate, unless Kaysar comes back. If James wins POV, then Kaysar will go out. Howie's an idiot.

Is there a more stupid move in BB history than Howie's?

Probably the best thing that could happen for the Sovereign group is to have James win HOH.
northmoor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-07-2005, 08:07 AM   #118 (Print)
hookbill
Feathered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmoor

I think what you meant to say is Rachel SHOULD be the brains. It's obvious she was upset with Howies decisions and the fact that he really didn't consult her before he came up with this brain storm.

I also think it's amusing that team crappy seem to think it's such a lock on Eric returning. I can't wait to see what their reaction will be if Kaysar walks through that door.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #119 (Print)
CharlieW
diggerphelps.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmoor
Howie made a STUPID move, imo. It could very well end up costing him and his "team" the game. I thought he had somewhat of a brain, but when he can get manipulated like that and fooled by the Crapettes he cannot be too bright.

Not only did he backstab James and Sarah, Howie also seems to have sold out Janelle somewhat for one more "safe" week. His agreement of safety the next week from the Crapettes only included himself and his partner Rachel. If the Craps win HOH next, they will surely put up James per the agreement. The only other one they can put up is Janelle. If James wins POV, then Janelle is out.

Janelle needs some better allies. Howie could have sealed her fate, unless Kaysar comes back. If James wins POV, then Kaysar will go out. Howie's an idiot.

Is there a more stupid move in BB history than Howie's?

Probably the best thing that could happen for the Sovereign group is to have James win HOH.

I completely agree. The time would have come when James and Sarah became the targets -- but that time was not until they had Maggie and at least one of two of the other Crapettes out of the house. Howie's goofiness and playfulness with the rest of the Houseguests made him the most endearing member in the house -- and I was rooting for him, however, this was a mistake of epic proportions. One of the worst plays in Big Brother history, particularly if CBS fixes this America's Choice vote and has Crappy walk back in the door on Thursday.

I know he won't be able to do it on his own -- it's just a matter of time until they finally figure out a way to get James out of the house, but in the meantime, I'm rooting for the guy. What made his back room "promise" with Ivette any worse than Howie getting Maggie to promise he and Rachel safety last week? At this point, Howie has been much more disloyal to the Sovereign 6 than James or Sarah.

[Another Long Speculative Strategy which I would try if I were James] :

James has one more possible play to try to restore everything back to where they were last week. He should go to Rachel and Howie, tell them once again how they F'd up the whole plan of the Sovereign 6 and pitch the following deal in order to fix it --

First off, he tells them that right now, they have made themselves his number one target in this game and that if he wins HoH, they are both going up on the block, unless they agree to go along with his plan. Then he tells them, since they screwed up, in order to save both he and Sarah this week, they have to bring one of the Crapettes into the plan by threatening their safety next week. The best option is Ivette. James tells Ivette that he needs her to vote to keep Sarah or she and Beau will be up on the block next week, no matter which one of the Sovereign 6 wins HoH. They will move front and center to that group's number one and two targets. He then gives Ivette the choice of which of her three other Crapettes she wants to sacrifice in order to save her and little Beau-Beau. (I would try to sell her on April, because it should be a fairly easy sell -- she can't stand April and has not made that too much of a secret in the house.) Howie then replaces James on the block with April. Janelle, James, Rachel and Ivette then vote to keep Sarah and Beau, Maggie and Jennifer vote to keep April. This will create a mystery on the other team over who flipped their vote. It's important that Beau still votes to evict Sarah -- if they both flip their votes, it'll be obvious who flipped their vote. If only Ivette flips, it could look like it was Maggie who might have flipped and Ivette and Beau can just deny, deny, deny. Why would Ivette and Beau go along with this? Because you promise them safety the next two weeks while you go after both Maggie and Jennifer.

If CBS doesn't screw with the vote, it truly appears from the Big Brother official website and the various independent Big Brother boards that it should be an overwhelming landslide for Kaysar. If that is the case, and Howie, Rachel and Ivette don't want to play ball this week to save Sarah -- then James should go to Plan B that I mentioned yesterday -- swing a deal with Janelle and Kaysar for them (as single players without a shot at the million dollars) trying to be the Final 3 and work together on getting the pairs out of the house.

Old 08-07-2005, 12:43 PM   #120 (Print)
4inziksych

You guys take this VERy seriously. it's just a mindless summer tv show. Where's the fun gone?
4inziksych is offline Report Bad Post Report Post