SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 08-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #91 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Send a message via AIM to hefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by latrobe7
In the newest podcast (204), the executive producer who records them says he was on vacation last week and will come back to that episode at some point.

Also, in other podcast info... There is one minor spoiler about 29 minutes in. Not a huge deal, but he does say that
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
the cage, or cell, that they are building on Galactica for Boomer will actually be used in a coming episode to hold someone. He also names who that will be.

You could listen to the whole thing and just skip a minute or 2 at the 29 minute mark and avoid it.

Some other tidbits, I was surprised at how many times Moore admitted that something didn't work well or exactly as they planned it.

On the return of Adama Moore says, "At this point, I think you're so ready for Adama to get back into the show. You're really like hoping ...somehow he's going to get out of that bed."

Understatement, huh?

He also referred to Adama coming into Tigh's room as a Godfather moment. Like when Don Corleone returns after being shot to find what the state of affairs is with the family.

Follow The Amazing Race in Google Earth. Complete through leg 6.
hefe is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:06 AM   #92 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by questfortruth
In all fairness to Galactica 1980...

Why on Earth would anybody want to be fair to Galactica 1980?!?

Old 08-08-2005, 06:21 AM   #93 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs
It said "There are only 12 Cylon models." Nothing about the fleet.

Also nothing about whether that's all Cylons or just Spylons, but didn't Six say something about that?

that's why we call her Six...she told Baltar that there are 12 human models and that she was number 6...

we have no clue as to the identity of the person who left the note to Adama...they have never even hinted about it...my best guess at this point is Boomer, given her internal turmoil since that model -- to use Six's words -- is "weak"...

Old 08-08-2005, 08:34 AM   #94 (Print)
jwjody
Custom User Title

Send a message via AIM to jwjody Send a message via Yahoo to jwjody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys
that's why we call her Six...she told Baltar that there are 12 human models and that she was number 6...

we have no clue as to the identity of the person who left the note to Adama...they have never even hinted about it...my best guess at this point is Boomer, given her internal turmoil since that model -- to use Six's words -- is "weak"...

Didn't 6 tell Baltar there were 12 models? So Baltar could have done it anonymously so no one would have questioned how he knew.

J

Old 08-08-2005, 08:38 AM   #95 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjody
Didn't 6 tell Baltar there were 12 models? So Baltar could have done it anonymously so no one would have questioned how he knew.

J

I had not thought of that...but you are correct...I'd say Baltar is the most likely culprit...

was it a hand-written note? I'm surprised Adama had not made a big deal of the note and tried to find its author...

Old 08-08-2005, 10:25 AM   #96 (Print)
TAsunder

I felt the whole sports pyramid team thing was kind of lame. But it could have been a lot worse. Even lame plots are well written in this show.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the new and improved Baltar. Not really sure why he needs to know how many cylons there are, though.

I also enjoyed the way they dealt with the prejudice question brought up before in the way the chief and boomer interacted. I can't decide if geeky callie is more or less interesting due to the knee-jerk assassination.

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention... can someone explain to me why the resistence on caprica was convinced that starbuck and helo were humans? I know why they were convinced that the resistence was human, but it was unclear to me why they believed starbuck. Also, couldn't cylons have known the fact that starbuck asked?

I think the timing of adama's comeback is interesting. Any earlier and he could have prevented the downward spiral of tigh's orders. At this point, he has to make a tough decision, and it will be hard for him to choose the "correct" action of trying to ease the situation.
TAsunder is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #97 (Print)
IndyJones1023
Don't believe it

Send a message via AIM to IndyJones1023 Send a message via Yahoo to IndyJones1023
Wow, great ep!

Old 08-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #98 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder
I think the timing of adama's comeback is interesting. Any earlier and he could have prevented the downward spiral of tigh's orders. At this point, he has to make a tough decision, and it will be hard for him to choose the "correct" action of trying to ease the situation.

Absolutely. It seems the whole point of Adama's time away from the command was to give Tigh the chance to frak things up royally, which he did. There's quite a bit to undo...

Old 08-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #99 (Print)
chronatog7
Ill 'Gotten Gains!

The note was typed in computer paper. Could it been Baltar? That's a good hypothesis, being the only that knew until the note was revealed.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #100 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

the pyramid team had already fought human-looking cylons so they knew not to trust humans...

I'm also not clear on why they trusted starbuck and Helo...no proof was ever given that a cylon couldn't know...

Old 08-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #101 (Print)
cheesesteak
with fried onions

Quote:
originally posted by tasunder
...Also, couldn't cylons have known the fact that starbuck asked?

I assumed Starbuck's sports question was a nod to the WW II soldiers who used baseball related questions to flush out German infiltrators.

Although it's universally assumed that Tighe has fracked up in Cecil B. DeMille proportions, I don't see where his actions diverged that much from what hard ass Adama might have done. Adama has already staged a coup and imprisoned the president. Martial law isn't that big of a step away from that. He probably would have tried to force the resupply of Galactica, too. The only difference is that Tighe is considered to be a drunken screwup and Adama scares the living poop out of everybody but the President.

I don't know how they do it, but they'd better have Boomer back in the plotline soon. I don't care if it's as Caprica Boomer, a mirror world Boomer, an "only he can see her" Boomer like Six etc... Me like Boomer. Me want Boomer.
cheesesteak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #102 (Print)
IndyJones1023
Don't believe it

Send a message via AIM to IndyJones1023 Send a message via Yahoo to IndyJones1023
No one would have dared assist Roslin escape if Adama was still in charge.

Old 08-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #103 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

Adama might have lost control of the 12 representatives, but he would've done it more slowly...

there is no way Adama can maintain control of his troops at this point...half of them will fight for the president...and he didn't have enough to start with...

Old 08-08-2005, 12:13 PM   #104 (Print)
hefe
Hefeweizen-heimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Although it's universally assumed that Tighe has fracked up in Cecil B. DeMille proportions, I don't see where his actions diverged that much from what hard ass Adama might have done. Adama has already staged a coup and imprisoned the president. Martial law isn't that big of a step away from that.

He did dissolve the quorum of 12 and got civilians killed in the "massacre" on the Gideon. Adama may not have done it any different, but Tigh was at the helm when things escalated, and clearly is not up to the task of reversing the direction.

Old 08-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #105 (Print)
IndyJones1023
Don't believe it

He would not have lost control of his troops. Dualla and Gaeta both lied and were duplicitous. Maybe even the marine who was talked out of apprehending the prez would not have let her slip by if she wasn't being led by a drunkard.

Last edited by IndyJones1023 : 08-08-2005 at 12:20 PM.
IndyJones1023 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #106 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023
Ho would not have lost control of his troops. Dualla and Gaeta both lied and were duplicitous. Maybe even the marine who was talked out of apprehending the prez would not have let her slip by if she wasn't being led by a drunkard.

Gaeta only did that because he's a spylon!

Old 08-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #107 (Print)
CTLesq
Oppressor

Quote:
Gaeta only did that because he's a spylon!

Oh that was baaaaadddd.

But it did make me chuckle.

Old 08-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #108 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Adama has already staged a coup and imprisoned the president.

Actually, Roslin staged a coup and Adama responded accordingly...

Old 08-08-2005, 12:57 PM   #109 (Print)
FauxPas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention... can someone explain to me why the resistence on caprica was convinced that starbuck and helo were humans?

The answer that the resistance gave was not quite accurate. Starbuck knew that one of the points was revoked.
FauxPas is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:25 PM   #110 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs
Actually, Roslin staged a coup and Adama responded accordingly...

I'm not falling for it...I'm not falling for it...

Roslin didn't stage a coup...she gave an order to a military person as per her purview as the commander in chief!

I fell for it...

Old 08-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #111 (Print)
ihatecable

Quote:
I'm not falling for it...I'm not falling for it...

Roslin didn't stage a coup...she gave an order to a military person as per her purview as the commander in chief!

I fell for it...
Only the POTUS is Commander in Chief!
ihatecable is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #112 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatecable
Only the POTUS is Commander in Chief!

the president of the colonies is also the commander in chief...they made that abundantly clear in the mini...

Old 08-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #113 (Print)
ihatecable

I don’t remember that part. I’ll have to put reviewing the mini series on my to-do list. But didn’t they also agree Adama would be in charge of all the military decisions?
ihatecable is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #114 (Print)
speedcouch
Geekneck

Quote:
Anbody else notice the historical scene re-enactments like The Boston Massacare in space and Boomer in Lee Harvey Oswald’s perp walk?

Now, for some reason the scene where the 4 civilians were killed in the riot reminded me of Ohio State. The CSN song "Four dead in Ohio" kept playing through my head for some odd reason. Must be an [old] age thing.

Cheryl

Panasonic DMR-E30S
DirecTV since Aug 1995
Kenwood VR-7060
Four JBL S310 II Speakers
JBL S Center II
XM since May 04
speedcouch is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #115 (Print)
Anubys
God? or Poser?

that's why I was saying "I'm not going to fall for it"...Rob and I have been having this argument for a while

when Roslin decided to gather all the remaining ships as a fleet, Adama gave Lee a direct order to return to Galactica...Lee told him he can't do that since he was given a direct order from the president not to go...the implication was that the president's order supersedes Adama's...Adama's only point of contention was that she was a school teacher and had no business being the president...still, he took orders from her, albeit reluctantly...

Later, they made a side deal -- that no one but them, as far as we know, is aware of -- to share the authority...

but as far as the survivors, she is the president and she has all the power the president used to have...thus, she did not do anything wrong by giving an order to Starbuck...that order was within the power of her office...

Old 08-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #116 (Print)
MassD

The Prez violated the terms in which she agreed to... So Adama did what he said he would do if she violated them. Kind of one of those "no one is really right, and no one is really wrong" kind of jobs.

People need to remember that the Colonial government is not the United States government... so what applies here doesn't apply there...

Still, Roslin is beginning to piss me off. This whole prophesy thing is giving her a Jesus-complex. Right now, they are still being pursued by the Cylons, and they have no idea when the next attack will come.... and they are bickering over politics and such which trying to undermine the only asset (the Galactica and the military) that is saving their ass.

Now is not the time to worry about such things. Once the fleet is free of the Cylon threat, THAT is when they should be worried about the quorum of 12 and that mess.. until then, they should just stay under Galatica's wing and let them call the shots.

Screwing with the only thing keeping you alive is a fool's choice.
MassD is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:56 PM   #117 (Print)
akaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCleverUsername
Did you guys miss last season?

They had this whole arc going where Boomer seemed to be having self doubts like she didn't want to believe that she might be a Cylon. So she specifically went to Baltar and asked to be tested. The test was positive (they showed a close-up of the machine showing the result) but Baltar lied and said she wasn't a Cylon.

Several of us assumed that since Baltar slipped Sharon in at her request, and found her test positive, he may not have told anyone about it. Looks like we were wrong.
akaye is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #118 (Print)
TAsunder

It may be that they didn't know she was tested at that point, but I believe they made a point to test senior officers and important people first last season.
TAsunder is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #119 (Print)
speedcouch
Geekneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe
Me too. I found the old show unwatchable when I tried it again.

I remember thinking the original show was SO great (back in 1979). Watched 3-4 episodes I Tivoed recently and was appalled at how Batman-ish it seems. My husband had never seen it and he didn't seem to care for it at all. Funny how you think something is so great when you're in your 20s. But then most of 70s-80s TV was pretty bad by today's standards.

Compared to that, the new series is definitely Emmy material in my book. Acting, storylines, special effects, etc.

Back to this episode, I was very surprised that Baltar seems to have turned against Six. He actually ignored a bunch of her taunting early this week and I could only think him interrogating Boomer was to use the knowledge he gained to his own advantage. Maybe not to help the colonial fleet, but definitely to use against Six in some unknown way.

Cheryl

Panasonic DMR-E30S
DirecTV since Aug 1995
Kenwood VR-7060
Four JBL S310 II Speakers
JBL S Center II
XM since May 04
speedcouch is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #120 (Print)
akaye

Quote:
I can’t go with you on that one. I don’t think Adama will agree that he was doing the right thing for the fleet.

Also – and I have no military experience so please someone with experience correct me if I'm wrong - Lee Adama is a not a good officer. He's great at being one of the guys and can plan and lead a mission, like the Kobol SAR; but he has no respect for the chain of command and is always flying by seat of his pants it seems to me. I think Adama will feel this is yet another example of Lee undermining his command, and on another level, betrayal as Lee’s father.

I think forgiveness will take awhile.

BTW, I think Lee would be a very good, as well as, natural civilian leader…

Lee believes he is following the chain of command...the president and the article of colonization are at the top. Officers are expected to obey, but also use their judgment and make decisions as to whats best for the mission, far more so than us enlisted folk.
akaye is offline Report Bad Post Report Post