TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 09-22-2005, 01:16 AM   #121 (Print)
Barmat

The rifle the hatch monkey slams the magazine into was an AK-47. This rifle is very common in russian ex-soviet block armies. I doubt an American base would have an AK in its weapons locker.
Barmat is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 AM   #122 (Print)
justapixel

Man, you people counting keystrokes and stuff. You are probably freaking out the writers, who never thought of any of this.

I think Desmond knew who Jack was. I saw a look of recognition on his face, and I also believed he knew he'd see Jack again when he said "See you in another life."

What was his advice - to "keep it up?"

Why did Jack have the gun on Locke though? As soon as he saw Locke, he should have put the gun down, but he didn't.

On the painted wall (and no, I didn't count the bottles of paint in front of it ) I noticed the number 42, and 108, of course. There also appeared to be a drawing of Danielle, and a word that I am blanking on, but my family will remember. Sigh.

They sucked me in. I am eager to find out what happens to my Sawyer....er....I mean the people on the raft.

Ann Gets Fit
justapixel is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 01:29 AM   #123 (Print)
jradford
The Jerkstore called

Quote:
Originally Posted by mask2343
Man, I hope this isn't one of those shows that forgets to explain everything. MORE questions were raised tonight without any explanations. They have to know that the fans pick up on EVERYTHING.

We got to see the inside of the shaft IMMEDIATELY!! That could have been half a season.

Excellent, excellent start to the 2nd season.
jradford is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 02:01 AM   #124 (Print)
Ruth
Hi.

Five minutes' padding was *not* enough. Cut out at the end. Grrrrr! Could someone PLEASE describe the very end to me? The last thing I saw was Jack holding a gun to Locke's head in the hatch. You had just seen the third man (Desmond, I guess) come out of the shadows and saw that he had a gun pointed at Jack, and Jack said something like, "Is this what this was all about, Locke?"

Great episode.
Ruth is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 02:13 AM   #125 (Print)
rhuntington3
Howdy!

Whoa! Awesome premier!
rhuntington3 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 02:19 AM   #126 (Print)
Amnesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth
Could someone PLEASE describe the very end to me?
There's a detailed description of the episode invisotexted over at Ain't It Cool News.
Amnesia is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 02:34 AM   #127 (Print)
lordargent
real ultimate power

Send a message via AIM to lordargent
Quote:
Originally Posted by justapixel
Why did Jack have the gun on Locke though? As soon as he saw Locke, he should have put the gun down, but he didn't.

Jack isn't exactly very trusting of Locke right now.

And, Kate is missing as far as he knows. You know, Boone fell with a plane, maybe Kate fell down a hatch

Maybe Locke wants everyone off his lawn.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:43 AM   #128 (Print)
jlb.x
Poor Jiblets!

Send a message via AIM to jlb.x
Quite shocking to have the entire underground lair (can I call it the Bat Cave yet?) exposed in the first minute of the season. For a television show that reveals next to nothing, this was pretty amazing to see. Loved the crash of the explosion and the moment's pause before our mystery guest reacts.

I was pretty sure we'd see Desmond again as soon as he had more than 10 seconds of spoken lines and we learned his name. It was overtly obvious that we were supposed to get to know this guy. Being the guy in the Bat Cave seemed logical.

They really should just give up on Vincent. Whenever he gets away, it just causes trouble...

--Weezer, "Perfect Situation"
jlb.x is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 06:35 AM   #129 (Print)
Lee L
Got Basenji?

Well, they were right when they said that revealing what was in the hatch would lead to more questions.

I thought it seemed vaguely ship like in there.

Also, it appeared that there were 2 windows letting in light and they were on opposite sides of the place. Maybe artificial, who knows.

He apparently has fresh fruit available.

There is a mix of 20-30 year old and modern technology.

I am guessing that the Jack in the flashback was probably 5-7 years pre crash. How does Desmond get from the arena to the hatch/bunker in that amount of time given the other things we know about time on the island with the 17 year looping messages and whatnot.

Interesting the way they are focusing on the raft next week, I'll speculate week 3 is mostly on some other area uncovered by 2-01 and 2-02.

Please pardon the appearance while this signature is being improved for your future enjoyment.
Lee L is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 06:51 AM   #130 (Print)
DLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG
The washer and dryer seemed very modern.

I noticed that immediately! They looked a lot like the W&D at our home. In fact, when my wife was watching (she started watching just as I was finished) I stuck around and told her to watch the opening scene closely. She picked up on it the second time they were shown. Here is a pic of the W&D I'm thinking of for those thinking "WTF are you talking about???"
Mystery Washer/Dryer?
DLR is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:12 AM   #131 (Print)
speedcouch
Geekneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR
I noticed that immediately! They looked a lot like the W&D at our home. In fact, when my wife was watching (she started watching just as I was finished) I stuck around and told her to watch the opening scene closely. She picked up on it the second time they were shown. Here is a pic of the W&D I'm thinking of for those thinking "WTF are you talking about???"
Mystery Washer/Dryer?

They're the "Duet" by Whirlpool that I bought last year. I noticed them immediately during the first scene as well. My jaded side says they were simply there for some free product placement by Whirlpool, because the inconcruity with everything else in the scene. I'm also old enough to have recognized the Mama Cass song. :-( Saw the odd windows and figured this guy was living in the underground bunker. As to the "shooting up," I thought it was either vitimans or something to make him immune from something on the island.

I was totally blindsided by the guy turning out to be the one Jack saw at the stadium. I remember Jack going through with the wedding ceremony too and the wife being able to walk, so I figured she was going to recover after the surgery (somehow).

Interesting how Jack's Dad (who was normally a cold SOB) was giving him advice on giving patients hope and Jack was so adamantly against it. Then on the island, he did the exact thing to calm the castaways about "the others" being out there.

Thanks to whoever figured out the guy who died in the ER might be Shannon's Dad.

Good episode for the season opener.

Cheryl

Panasonic DMR-E30S
DirecTV since Aug 1995
Kenwood VR-7060
Four JBL S310 II Speakers
JBL S Center II
XM since May 04
speedcouch is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:24 AM   #132 (Print)
golfnut-n-nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2bree
Yes that was the name at the beginning...but I'm not sure where you got your info on the "spelling" of Shannon's last name. abc.com has her listed as "Shannon Rutherford".

For what it's worth. I had a next door neighbor by the name of Shannon Rutherford who happened to die in a plane crash!

Humax DRT-800 80 Hours
TiVo Series 2 80 Hours
golfnut-n-nh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #133 (Print)
DLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee L
I am guessing that the Jack in the flashback was probably 5-7 years pre crash. How does Desmond get from the arena to the hatch/bunker in that amount of time given the other things we know about time on the island with the 17 year looping messages and whatnot.

Very, very good question. I thought that as well while watching. I didn't even recognize him until he used "brother". It is especially odd since he tells Jack at the end of the scene "see you in another life"! *cue mysterious music*
DLR is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #134 (Print)
StrynBean
WK55 made me do it!

Send a message via AIM to StrynBean Send a message via Yahoo to StrynBean
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG
The computer: was it an Apple II?

The washer and dryer seemed very modern.

It looked like a WANG computer.

Proud Member of the Brunette Curly Haired Chicks Club!

My Space
StrynBean is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #135 (Print)
Test
Register User

cant catch up on the posts right now...but i just thought of this and cant verify and dont want to forget...

in the episode where shannon talks about her fathers death or boone talks about his stepfather...do they say how old they were when he died?
Test is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #136 (Print)
cheesesteak
with fried onions

Thanks to the people who posted recaps of the first couple of minutes. Apparently, DirecTv decided to forget that I'm supposed to get the HD east coast national feed of ABC for about ten minutes.

Old 09-22-2005, 07:38 AM   #137 (Print)
StrynBean
WK55 made me do it!

From what I hear, Walt says "Don't hit the button, the botton is bad"

My Space
Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 AM   #138 (Print)
grabeez

Also when walt appeared he said something that was not comprehendable. It was backwards and stated something to this effect "push the button, any button cant be bad"

Edit: Beaten...

Last edited by grabeez : 09-22-2005 at 08:01 AM.
grabeez is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:45 AM   #139 (Print)
jlb

Along the lines of anything can happen on TV, maybe the cable that goes into the water is connected to the big ol' magnet, thus allowing for some big magnetic field around the entire island, such that the field is strong enough to have messed with the controls on the plane and bringing it down..........

Thanks for posting the mp3 of Walt's words.....I'm out of town on business and had to watch live. I knew something was weird about his voice. Had I been able to rewind I think I would have noticed that it sounded backwards masked. Kudos to those that did.......

Can't wait until next week......

Old 09-22-2005, 08:04 AM   #140 (Print)
StrynBean
WK55 made me do it!

Can someone give me the the code to get into the OceanicFlight815 barcode part of the site?

My Space
Old 09-22-2005, 08:07 AM   #141 (Print)
uncdrew
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrynBean
From what I hear, Walt says "Don't hit the button, the botton is bad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabeez
Also when walt appeared he said something that was not comprehendable. It was backwards and stated something to this effect "push the button, any button cant be bad"

Edit: Beaten...

Well, they kinda differ some in meaning...
uncdrew is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 08:08 AM   #142 (Print)
GDG76
hipster doofus

Type "theislandiswaiting" in the barcode. Heard it on Elliott in the Morning Today.

I guess there is some theory that this all has to do with some other named Rousseau who wrote some book about meeting your twin. There are some very strong number correlations supposedly.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:10 AM   #143 (Print)
StrynBean
WK55 made me do it!

I hear someone mention that in the last show of last season when Walt was telling Locke to not open the hatch, that he also said something about not pushing the button. I wish I brought my copy of season 1 with me to work!

My Space
Old 09-22-2005, 08:10 AM   #144 (Print)
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

There were some very large pipe's running though the underground lair......wonder what they're for?

Did it look like Desmond was wearing nail polish to anyone?

Old 09-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #145 (Print)
SoldOnTivoToo

AH, MAN!!!!

I did not realized how much I missed this show until Hurley came up with one of his "Dude" lines about Jack's bed side manners.
And I had forgotten how cool it was that each episode ends with a cliffhanger.

Someone on the radio today was saying that she tought that the writers revealed too much on this episode. I sorta agree. I've been accustomed with this show to learn one or two tidbits per hour, and now we get an overload of information.
Though, it is still the BEST show I've seen so far this season (with My name is Earl being a close second).

I cannot believe how thourough some fans are on these postings, but dudes you get my respect. I would miss a lot of the show if not for you guys. Numbers on the bottle - missed.
Number 108 on the mural - missed.

Can't wait for next week!!!!!!
SoldOnTivoToo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #146 (Print)
NateH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDG76
Just recounted the number of time you can hear the keys pressed = 16

4 8 15 16 23 42 with a space on the end = 16 key presses.

If it was mentioned before, I apologize, but the numbers add up to... 108.
NateH is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 08:17 AM   #147 (Print)
jami
#1 d-dub subscriber

Send a message via AIM to jami Send a message via MSN to jami Send a message via Yahoo to jami
My theory:

Desmond is the devil and that conversation in the stadium was a bargaining moment between him and Jack. He wasn't real and/or a figment of Jack's imagination that gave him the "miracle" he needed. Now it's time to pay up?

Need an avatar? PM me!

Enjoy Photography?
jami is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 08:18 AM   #148 (Print)
GDG76
hipster doofus

Also, the word Sick was on the painting in the [dr. evil] underground lair [/dr. evil].

Jack's tattoos were featured prominently again and bore some resemblance to the painting. Jack and Desmond are connected somehow, and based on that script from the barcode, I think they may be the same person, or twins separated by age. According to the twin theory, your twin is either 23 years older or younger than you...

I personally think that Desmond quarantined himself when he started to get the sickness.

I also don't think it's a coincidence you can make the word demons out of his name and that they are so close...

Old 09-22-2005, 08:22 AM   #149 (Print)
Chandler Mike
Lost

Send a message via ICQ to Chandler Mike Send a message via AIM to Chandler Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb.x
Quite shocking to have the entire underground lair (can I call it the Bat Cave yet?) exposed in the first minute of the season. For a television show that reveals next to nothing, this was pretty amazing to see. Loved the crash of the explosion and the moment's pause before our mystery guest reacts.

Well, I don't think we've seen the "entire" lair already...in fact, unless the writers just weren't thinking...the fact that he had to change the mirror location to look up the hatch at the beginning tells me that they were pointed elsewhere for a reason.

If he only had ONE place to look up, then why have it adjustable?

I would venture to guess there are more tunnels, and more entrances that he watches...

I still remember the guy from the first season who had the "rash" during one of the golf episodes...I wonder if people will slowly get sick, the Others are sick, and Desmond was in a safe place, with the rest of the Island some quarantined place.

Mike
Chandler Mike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 AM   #150 (Print)
Chandler Mike
Lost

Send a message via ICQ to Chandler Mike Send a message via AIM to Chandler Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldOnTivoToo
AH, MAN!!!!

I did not realized how much I missed this show until Hurley came up with one of his "Dude" lines about Jack's bed side manners.
And I had forgotten how cool it was that each episode ends with a cliffhanger.

Someone on the radio today was saying that she tought that the writers revealed too much on this episode. I sorta agree. I've been accustomed with this show to learn one or two tidbits per hour, and now we get an overload of information.
Though, it is still the BEST show I've seen so far this season (with My name is Earl being a close second).

I cannot believe how thourough some fans are on these postings, but dudes you get my respect. I would miss a lot of the show if not for you guys. Numbers on the bottle - missed.
Number 108 on the mural - missed.

Can't wait for next week!!!!!!

They did give away a lot of the INSIDE of the hatch, what it looked like, but it still helps us little on WHY it's there, what Desmond is doing there, why he has modern stuff there, why Walt showed up, etc.

Hopefully people wont think this is normal and demand such revalations each episode now that they got spoiled somewhat

Mike
Chandler Mike is offline Report Bad Post Report Post