SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2005, 06:55 AM   #1 (Print)
magnumis

Ends 9/28/05: Free TiVo & Free 3 Months Service with $100 Dockers purchase

Posted at Fatwallet by srshah http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/523452/

Details Available at http://www.dockers.com/tivooffer

Official rules
Buy $100 of Dockers® Men's Qualifying Apparel between Septermber 25 and September 28, 2005 and receive a free TIVO® Series2™ 40-hour DVR and 3 months' free service. Mail-in offer must be post-marked by October 12, 2005
Dockers® Men's Qualifying Apparel: Docker's men's pants, shorts, shirts, sweaters, outerwear, underwear, loungewear, socks, headwear, belts and shoes.
Note: Consumers who wish to cancel TiVo® service after 3 months free service ends MUST call customer service at 1-877-367-8486 to cancel future service. Customers who wish to continue service will be responsible for all additional monthly TiVo® service fees. Consumers may keep TiVo® Series2™ 40-hour DVR box whether or not they continue service, however service is necessary for use of the box.

To order your free TiVo® Series2™ 40-hour DVR and 3 months of free service,

For in store purchases:

Hand-Print your name, address, city, state, zip code and daytime telephone on the official in-store offer form.

Enclose one (1) original JCPenney store receipt showing Dockers® men's qualifying apparel purchases totaling $100 (pre-tax amount after application of any discounts), dated between September 25 and September 28, 2005. Qualifying purchases can be combined but must be made on a single transaction/single sales receipt.

Mail in official offer form with original JCPenney store receipt to the address listed below no later than October 12, 2005.
For on-line purchases made at www.jcpenney.com:

Print out the official on-line offer form at dockers.com/tivooffer and hand print your name, address, city, state, zip code and daytime telephone number.

Enclose one (1) original jcpenney.com online receipt or receipt received with your shipment showing Dockers® men's qualifying purchases totaling $100 (pre-tax amount, after application of any discounts and excluding shipping & handling), dated between September 25 and September 28, 2005. Qualifying purchases can be combined but must be made on a single transaction/single sales receipt.

Mail in official offer form with original JCPenney store receipt to the address listed below no later than October 12, 2005.
For all purchases:

A standard phone line is required for TiVo® setup.

For both in-store and on-line purchases, send original offer form; and one (1) dated store or jcpenney.com qualifying receipt to:
Dockers JCPenney TiVo® Offer
P.O. Box 2017
Grand Rapids, MN 55745-2017

OFFER CONDITIONS: All offer forms must be postmarked by 10/12/05. Limit one offer per person/household. Allow approximately 8-12 weeks for delivery. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed. Offer valid only to individual consumers; requests from groups, clubs or organizations will not be honored. Offer is not transferable or valid in combination with other offers. No incomplete, damaged, copied, mechanically reproduced, altered, forged receipts or order forms not obtained through authorized channels will be accepted. Offer valid in the 50 United States and Washington DC, excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories. Levi Strauss & Co. not responsible for late, lost damaged, incomplete, misaddressed, misdirected or postage-due mail or offer forms. TiVo® boxes can not be sent to P.O. Boxes. . If you have any questions regarding this offer please call our customer support line at 800-659-9439.
©2005 Levi Strauss & Company, Dockers® is a registered trademark of Levi Strauss & Company, JCPenney is a registered trademark of J.C. Penney Company, Inc., TiVo® and the TiVo® logo are registered trademarks of TiVo®, Inc. or its subsidiaries. All rights reserved.

Last edited by magnumis : 09-27-2005 at 11:22 PM.
magnumis is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-23-2005, 02:41 PM   #2 (Print)
jlb

Maybe I should buy myself some early holiday presents.......of course it may take until the holidays to get the TiVO, especially since TiVO does not direct sell at the moment.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:04 PM   #3 (Print)
bostonte

Thanks for the head's up. Looks like a great offer. Guess I have to get a 3rd Tivo now.

:subtle bump to make sure people see it:
bostonte is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-23-2005, 07:08 PM   #4 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumis
Buy $100 of Dockers® Men's Qualifying Apparel between Septermber 25 and September 28, 2005 and receive a free TIVO® Series2™ 40-hour DVR and 3 months' free service.

Hmmm wonder what their market research says... How come I can't buy Women's apparel? Not for me, uh for my fiance.
davezatz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-23-2005, 09:17 PM   #5 (Print)
lwang

advertisement?
lwang is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-24-2005, 06:31 AM   #6 (Print)
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz
Hmmm wonder what their market research says... How come I can't buy Women's apparel? Not for me, uh for my fiance.

Haven't they also done mother's day and...wasn't there a hospital somewhere where every new mom got a TiVo, and some of them didn't have any clue what they were?
gonzotek is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-24-2005, 09:07 AM   #7 (Print)
Jeeters

The form to fill out on the Docker's website says 8-12 weeks for delivery. Yeah, good luck with that.
Jeeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-24-2005, 09:40 AM   #8 (Print)
mmascari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters
The form to fill out on the Docker's website says 8-12 weeks for delivery. Yeah, good luck with that.

Right, but in this case I like the Docker's stuff and need some anyway. The TiVo is just a bonus and good excuse to get a second one for free. It's a much better deal than paying for one up front and waiting 6 weeks (or more) for a rebate of the money paid up front. With the Docker's deal there is no risk, if something goes wrong, I just don't get the TiVo. (This assumes you need/want the Docker's stuff anyway.)
mmascari is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #9 (Print)
Gregor
Outinsider

Location: Inside, or Outside, it all depends on your frame of refrence.
It took 8 weeks to get the XM radio. Not a big deal for a freebee.
Gregor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #10 (Print)
jlb

Right. I need trhe clothes. Perfect. My only concern is how its getting sent and if it is delivered on a day where there is inclement weather.......But for free, can't beat it. Plus, I assume this is like other service deals such that since this is my second box, my free 3 months will actually be more like 5 months when you factor the multi-TiVO discount....

Old 09-25-2005, 08:50 AM   #11 (Print)
dylanemcgregor

Am I the only one that thinks this is a rather odd marketing tie in? I mean I am all for TiVo trying inventive tactics to get the boxes to new customers, but this still seems weird.

Dylan
dylanemcgregor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-25-2005, 09:35 AM   #12 (Print)
Gregor
Outinsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor
Am I the only one that thinks this is a rather odd marketing tie in? I mean I am all for TiVo trying inventive tactics to get the boxes to new customers, but this still seems weird.

Dylan

It worked for me with XM Radio. I wanted to try satellite radio and I didn't want to invest $100 to do so.

Lots of people wear Dockers, and it'd be interesting to see who approached who.

Did Dockers approach Tivo or did Tivo see the XM ad and go to Dockers?
Old 09-26-2005, 12:54 PM   #13 (Print)
alexcue

Well i bit, ordered my Dockers online and sent it in this morning. Don't know what i need another TiVo SA for, but hey what the heck, I can upgrad it and give it away or something.

Didn't see any catch to keeping the service past the 3 month "free" period, other than you have to call and cancel it.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:57 PM   #14 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcue
Didn't see any catch to keeping the service past the 3 month "free" period, other than you have to call and cancel it.

IF I understand it correctly, when you activate service online with Tivo you will be commiting to a year of service or face that cancellation fee.

http://www.tivo.com/3.0.asp
* 1-year TiVo service commitment required for all TiVo boxes activated with monthly service. Early termination fees and other restrictions apply. See tivo.com/privacy for details. No early termination fee applies if canceled within 30 days.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:00 PM   #15 (Print)
ZeoTiVo
fantastic four TiVos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor

Dylan

especially since all the kewl kids hate TiVo. Wonder if dockers shoppers read /.
ZeoTiVo is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #16 (Print)
Marine1

Buy $100 of Dockers® Men's Qualifying Apparel between Septermber 25 and September 28, 2005 and receive a free TIVO® Series2™ 40-hour DVR and 3 months' free service. Mail-in offer must be post-marked by October 12, 2005

Now that is a great promotion. I would imagine that Tivo will also get some kind of kickback from Dockers too. Just to bad they made it last for such a short time.
Marine1 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-26-2005, 02:04 PM   #17 (Print)
jlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz
IF I understand it correctly, when you activate service online with Tivo you will be commiting to a year of service or face that cancellation fee.

http://www.tivo.com/3.0.asp
* 1-year TiVo service commitment required for all TiVo boxes activated with monthly service. Early termination fees and other restrictions apply. See tivo.com/privacy for details. No early termination fee applies if canceled within 30 days.

I don't think so on this offer.....it look slike the terms of the offer are such that you can call just before the 3 months are up to cancel.

From http://www.us.dockers.com/fal05a/do...d_feat_tivo.jsp
(edited to bold the particular reference.....)

Quote:
Official rules
Dockers® Men's Qualifying Apparel: Docker's men's pants, shorts, shirts, sweaters, outerwear, underwear, loungewear, socks, headwear, belts and shoes.
Note: Consumers who wish to cancel TiVo® service after 3 months free service ends MUST call customer service at 1-877-367-8486 to cancel future service. Customers who wish to continue service will be responsible for all additional monthly TiVo® service fees. Consumers may keep TiVo® Series2™ 40-hour DVR box whether or not they continue service, however service is necessary for use of the box.

To order your free TiVo® Series2™ 40-hour DVR and 3 months of free service,

For in store purchases:

Hand-Print your name, address, city, state, zip code and daytime telephone on the official in-store offer form.

Enclose one (1) original JCPenney store receipt showing Dockers® men's qualifying apparel purchases totaling $100 (pre-tax amount after application of any discounts), dated between September 25 and September 28, 2005. Qualifying purchases can be combined but must be made on a single transaction/single sales receipt.

For on-line purchases made at www.jcpenney.com:

Print out the official on-line offer form at dockers.com/tivooffer and hand print your name, address, city, state, zip code and daytime telephone number.

Enclose one (1) original jcpenney.com online receipt or receipt received with your shipment showing Dockers® men's qualifying purchases totaling $100 (pre-tax amount, after application of any discounts and excluding shipping & handling), dated between September 25 and September 28, 2005. Qualifying purchases can be combined but must be made on a single transaction/single sales receipt.

For all purchases:

A standard phone line is required for TiVo® setup.

For both in-store and on-line purchases, send original offer form; and one (1) dated store or jcpenney.com qualifying receipt to:
Dockers JCPenney TiVo® Offer
P.O. Box 2017
Grand Rapids, MN 55745-2017

OFFER CONDITIONS: All offer forms must be postmarked by 10/12/05. Limit one offer per person/household. Allow approximately 8-12 weeks for delivery. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed. Offer valid only to individual consumers; requests from groups, clubs or organizations will not be honored. Offer is not transferable or valid in combination with other offers. No incomplete, damaged, copied, mechanically reproduced, altered, forged receipts or order forms not obtained through authorized channels will be accepted. Offer valid in the 50 United States and Washington DC, excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories. Levi Strauss & Co. not responsible for late, lost damaged, incomplete, misaddressed, misdirected or postage-due mail or offer forms. TiVo® boxes can not be sent to P.O. Boxes. . If you have any questions regarding this offer please call our customer support line at 800-659-9439.
©2005 Levi Strauss & Company, Dockers® is a registered trademark of Levi Strauss & Company, JCPenney is a registered trademark of J.C. Penney Company, Inc., TiVo® and the TiVo® logo are registered trademarks of TiVo®, Inc. or its subsidiaries. All rights reserved.

Sounds to me like you can cancel this one without any fees. I bet this deal was hacthed (in principal) before the term fees went into effect, or Dockers/JCPenny said we don't want any terms fees less our possible customers not come in and buy since they wouldn't want to worry about term fees......or something like that.....

Old 09-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #18 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb
Sounds to me like you can cancel this one without any fees. I bet this deal was hacthed (in principal) before the term fees went into effect, or Dockers/JCPenny said we don't want any terms fees less our possible customers not come in and buy since they wouldn't want to worry about term fees......or something like that.....

Originally I thought JCPenny/Dockers came up with the promotion without Tivo's input, hence my original post on the cancellation fee. But after reading what you've posted it does sound more like a collaboration that could have unique terms, such as the free 3 months with no further committment. I'm sure we'll find out once folks start getting their units in a few weeks!

If I buy $250 worth of Dockers, can I get a DVD burning model?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:10 PM   #19 (Print)
Luis214

If you don't activate the 3 month service can you sell it/give it to someone and have them sign up for it and get the 3 months? Or does it have to be in the name that purchased the clothes?

Top SP's: Cold Case Files, American Justice, Tuner Transformation, Boiling Points, World Poker Tour
Luis214 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #20 (Print)
jjmpeters

alexcue,

What did you send in as proof of puchase? The rebate terms for on-line orders says "Enclose one (1) original jcpenney.com online receipt or receipt received with your shipment "

Now what's shown on the JCP website for order confirmation states "this is not a receipt". This appears confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcue
Well i bit, ordered my Dockers online and sent it in this morning. Don't know what i need another TiVo SA for, but hey what the heck, I can upgrad it and give it away or something.

HR10-250 77hrs HD/515hrs SD
R10 140hrs
DVR40 35hrs
jjmpeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-26-2005, 09:07 PM   #21 (Print)
Gregor
Outinsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmpeters
alexcue,

What did you send in as proof of puchase? The rebate terms for on-line orders says "Enclose one (1) original jcpenney.com online receipt or receipt received with your shipment "

Now what's shown on the JCP website for order confirmation states "this is not a receipt". This appears confusing.

I'm going to use the email they sent me.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #22 (Print)
jmr317

Dockers Offer - fine print question

The fine print looks pretty good with one odd statement:

"Consumers may keep Tivo Series2 40 Hour DVR box weather or not they continue service, however service is necessary for use of the box."

I thought my Tivo would serve as a DVR without the service. If I cancel after three months, do you think the box will shut down all together?

By the way, has anyone checked out those wrinkle free pants??

-Matt
jmr317 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #23 (Print)
scotbull

I bit

I bought a whole boat load of socks and some of the pants. I sent in the form this afternoon and will post when the box is here. I figure I can always give it away as a Christmas present.
scotbull is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #24 (Print)
pops_porter

Hi all, well this finally got me to sign up for Tivo. I was researching for awhile and finally decided to wait until I graduate college in December with my engineering degree. So the 8-12 week waiting time will be perfect.

A couple questions, I was actually planning on an 80 hour tivo, is it pretty easy to upgrade the tivo hard drive once I feel 40 really isnt' enough? Are there some good tutorials around here?

Second, is this at all a deal trying to get rid of Series 2 tivos, are series 3 coming out anytime soon? i.e. will I already be behind technology wise shortly after I get my Series 2 in the mail? Anythign new coming out for the holiday season? Thanks guys!
pops_porter is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-27-2005, 12:06 AM   #25 (Print)
alexcue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor
I'm going to use the email they sent me.

That's what i used, the order confirmation they emailed me.

Seems to satisfy the terms.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:43 AM   #26 (Print)
tmesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr317
I thought my Tivo would serve as a DVR without the service. If I cancel after three months, do you think the box will shut down all together?

Series2 TiVos will not record anything without the service.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:45 AM   #27 (Print)
azitnay

Send a message via ICQ to azitnay Send a message via AIM to azitnay Send a message via MSN to azitnay
Quote:
Originally Posted by pops_porter
A couple questions, I was actually planning on an 80 hour tivo, is it pretty easy to upgrade the tivo hard drive once I feel 40 really isnt' enough? Are there some good tutorials around here?

Upgrading isn't hard at all, as long as you're comfortable fiddling around with computers. See the TiVo Upgrade Center forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops_porter
Second, is this at all a deal trying to get rid of Series 2 tivos, are series 3 coming out anytime soon? i.e. will I already be behind technology wise shortly after I get my Series 2 in the mail? Anythign new coming out for the holiday season? Thanks guys!

There's nothing new and exciting planned for this holiday season (except hopefully 7.2 shipping on current units, so that people who unwrap their TiVos on Christmas morning can run Guided Setup over ethernet in a supported manner).

Next year, however, we're hoping to see both a CableCARD model, and a deal with Comcast where TiVo software will run on Comcast DVR's.

Drew
azitnay is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #28 (Print)
StickyDragon

I am a DirecTV user and was planning to buy a DirecTiVo, but this seems like a pretty good deal. My question is, how would this work with DirecTV? It would not be able to know what was playing on DirecTV correct? I would essentially just have a digital VCR that I would need to tell it what times to record? If I cancelled the service after 3 months, would I still be able to set up manual records?
StickyDragon is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-27-2005, 10:28 AM   #29 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Send a message via AIM to MikeMar Send a message via Yahoo to MikeMar
I am going to do this for a 2nd tivo in my room. Have to get a splitter and can only get the main channels, but it's worth it!

"You got some crazy books going on there, you going to open up H and R Blockian?" The Shield about Armenian Mob
MikeMar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-27-2005, 10:44 AM   #30 (Print)
JasonD

Ok,

I'm going today to get some pants from our local JC Penny. I also told my neighbor about it they already have one Tivo.

What a deal.

Jason
JasonD is offline Report Bad Post Report Post