SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2005, 10:48 AM   #31 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Send a message via AIM to MikeMar Send a message via Yahoo to MikeMar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbull
I bought a whole boat load of socks and some of the pants. I sent in the form this afternoon and will post when the box is here. I figure I can always give it away as a Christmas present.

Do you have to ask for it, or do they print it out automatically?

"You got some crazy books going on there, you going to open up H and R Blockian?" The Shield about Armenian Mob
MikeMar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #32 (Print)
azitnay

Send a message via ICQ to azitnay Send a message via AIM to azitnay Send a message via MSN to azitnay
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyDragon
I am a DirecTV user and was planning to buy a DirecTiVo, but this seems like a pretty good deal. My question is, how would this work with DirecTV? It would not be able to know what was playing on DirecTV correct? I would essentially just have a digital VCR that I would need to tell it what times to record? If I cancelled the service after 3 months, would I still be able to set up manual records?

It certainly knows what's playing on DirecTV; that's the main point.

However, the complication comes into play regarding channel-changing. The TiVo needs to tell your DirecTV receiver to change channels. This can sometimes be accomplished with a serial cable; otherwise, it must be accomplished with an IR blaster. It's greatly preferable to use a DirecTV receiver that supports serial control.

Besides that, you'll also only get one tuner. It's reasons like these that make people stick with DirecTiVos, even with the lack of HMO (without a hack), TiVoToGo, and HME.

Drew
azitnay is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #33 (Print)
jlb

I bought 3 pairs of Khakis and 3 pairs of socks over the weekend. I sent my form certified mail today. I'll post when my wife calls to tell me it arrived (travelling a lot for a client).

This will be my 2nd SA TiVO. I may finally try and do an upgrade since I won't have to worry about taking the TiVO out of the loop, even for a day or so.

Old 09-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #34 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Is it def a good idea to send certified mail?? to make sure they get it?

"You got some crazy books going on there, you going to open up H and R Blockian?" The Shield about Armenian Mob
Old 09-28-2005, 12:09 PM   #35 (Print)
jlb

I did the certified mail for two reasons, it proves that I sent the form and it should prove they received it. I confirmed with the Post Office that they must sign for all certified mail. All certified mail, even to PO Boxes, gets held back in the Post Office delivered to to be signed. The clerk here mentioned that the POs ar every familliar with the process.

Bottom line, for me, is that the $2.67 spent to mail the form is piece of mind in case something goes awry (sp?).

Hey Mike, where in Brighton do you live? When I graduated from college back in.....er.....ok......1988, I lived for a year or so on Strathmore Road and then moved down the road to a single in Englewood. Very nice access to CitySide, the theater, and Mary Anne's.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:13 PM   #36 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Ok, I'm going to go to the post office and do that, thanks for the heads up, and I made

Old 09-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #37 (Print)
Tivo Rules
Sarcasm Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr317
The fine print looks pretty good with one odd statement:

"Consumers may keep Tivo Series2 40 Hour DVR box weather or not they continue service, however service is necessary for use of the box."

I thought my Tivo would serve as a DVR without the service. If I cancel after three months, do you think the box will shut down all together?

By the way, has anyone checked out those wrinkle free pants??

-Matt

Was that a cut and paste quote with weather spelled like that?
Tivo Rules is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-28-2005, 12:18 PM   #38 (Print)
Tivo Rules
Sarcasm Expert

Lightbulb

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but how long is the return policy for the pants??
Tivo Rules is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM   #39 (Print)
TiVoEvan74

Rats! Missed the dates on this and now it's too late and after too long a day to go running to JC Penneys before the store closes tonight! And I'm in need to pants and used to wear Dockers!

Too bad it wasn't for a longer time frame... Dockers would have had me back as a customer. And I would have become a weaknees customer, too, with a massive upgrade! But that would have made 5 TiVos in the house! (Should be selling some soon.)

I think I have a problem... that's why the judge disapproved my request to change my name to TiVoEvan! :-) (Just kidding, just kidding!)
TiVoEvan74 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-28-2005, 07:32 PM   #40 (Print)
magnumis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoEvan74
Rats! Missed the dates on this and now it's too late and after too long a day to go running to JC Penneys before the store closes tonight! And I'm in need to pants and used to wear Dockers!

Too bad it wasn't for a longer time frame... Dockers would have had me back as a customer. And I would have become a weaknees customer, too, with a massive upgrade! But that would have made 5 TiVos in the house! (Should be selling some soon.)

I think I have a problem... that's why the judge disapproved my request to change my name to TiVoEvan! :-) (Just kidding, just kidding!)

You should be able to order online tonight. Free Shipping code JPXEM may work.
magnumis is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-28-2005, 08:52 PM   #41 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

GO GO, few hours left!

I sent my form in today

Old 09-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #42 (Print)
TiVoEvan74

Oh, gosh, even worse... I had checked on line and found nothing about TiVo, so I assumed this was in the store only. Brian Wilson was right, "I guess I just wasn't made for these times".
TiVoEvan74 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-29-2005, 04:06 PM   #43 (Print)
kcarl75
Just a guy

Has anyone found a link to check to see if they have processed the order?

Old 09-29-2005, 04:07 PM   #44 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Don't see any online stuff. But sent in form certified mail AND reciept tracking

Old 10-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #45 (Print)
jlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb
I don't think so on this offer.....it look slike the terms of the offer are such that you can call just before the 3 months are up to cancel.

From http://www.us.dockers.com/fal05a/do...d_feat_tivo.jsp
(edited to bold the particular reference.....)

Sounds to me like you can cancel this one without any fees. I bet this deal was hacthed (in principal) before the term fees went into effect, or Dockers/JCPenny said we don't want any terms fees less our possible customers not come in and buy since they wouldn't want to worry about term fees......or something like that.....

Quoting myself........I just looked at TiVO's website and I think we may have conflicting info, to some degree. Offer seems to say you can cancel without any fees. But the following is a quote from the MSD page:

Quote:
1-year TiVo service commitment required. Early termination fees and other restrictions apply.

So if it is your first box, they'll let you cancel without fee, but if it is a second+ unit you are subject to fees........Or maybe it just means you would have to cancel within 30 days regardless to avoid fees......who knows....when my Dockers TiVO arrives (as my second SA) it will be activated and stay on-line in perpetuity......

Old 10-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #46 (Print)
kcarl75
Just a guy

Make sure you post an update when you receive your new units!

Old 10-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #47 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

I sent mine w/ a return reciept and just got the reciept yesterday, so they got it

Old 10-12-2005, 06:49 AM   #48 (Print)
jlb

I know it's early, but has anyone received their freebie yet?

[Edit]
Just called the customer service number noted in the "rules" of the offer on the Dockers web-site: 800-659-9439.

Recording said something like "leave a message and we will call you back during normal business hours". Anyway, I pressed 0 to get out of the VR system, got an operator, and asked to be transferred to someone who could provide some info on the status of the offer.

The woman I spoke to was the liaison with the fulfillment group in Grand Rapids. She said she thinks there have been about 1000+ offers completed so far. That seems like either an inaccurate # or they really are not getting good response to the offer. The woman mentioned that she believes (based on her weekly updates from the fulfillment group) that a little over of half of the offers receoved have been opened and data entered. She also said that the fulfillment group is/will be sending the info to TiVO on a weekly basis.

Soooo, there is a good chance that the boxes should be on their way out soon.

The woman I spoke with is looking into the status of my particular offer and said she would call back with the status. However, we should not all call and ask the same thing as that would take her away from her responsibilities of making sure these do make their way out.

Again, we should all post when our boxes are received when we mailed the info, when it was received (if you did a certified type of thing) and when your box was received by you. If lots of folks are getting their boxes but some continue not to, then that is a good time to call the support number, IMHO.

Last edited by jlb : 10-12-2005 at 10:25 AM.
jlb is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-14-2005, 07:23 AM   #49 (Print)
jlb

Anyone yet?

Old 10-14-2005, 07:26 AM   #50 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

I'm thinking another 2 weeks at a minimum

Old 10-15-2005, 11:17 AM   #51 (Print)
HoosierTivoBuddy
Well, who is it?

Send a message via AIM to HoosierTivoBuddy Send a message via MSN to HoosierTivoBuddy Send a message via Yahoo to HoosierTivoBuddy
This will be my first Tivo.

[B]The suspense is KILLING me!!!!
HoosierTivoBuddy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #52 (Print)
pops_porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTivoBuddy
This will be my first Tivo.

[B]The suspense is KILLING me!!!!

I'm with you! I can't wait.
pops_porter is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-17-2005, 07:18 PM   #53 (Print)
HoosierTivoBuddy
Well, who is it?

Send a message via AIM to HoosierTivoBuddy Send a message via MSN to HoosierTivoBuddy Send a message via Yahoo to HoosierTivoBuddy
Question

Anybody get theirs yet?

Any news?

...how 'bout now?

...how 'bout now?

- - I know realistically (based on the 8-10 wks for delivery) I shouldn't expect it until sometime in December. Maybe I should get out of the house more often.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:40 PM   #54 (Print)
jlb

HoosierTiVOBuddy and Pops_porter, a big welcome to the Tivolution is order! You did yourselves right by getting your first TiVO and by finding this forum. You will always find someone who can help. I really don't think it will take the full 8-10 weeks for the first ones to make it out from this offer. We'll see.

While you await the TiVO's arrival, you can always plot out a chart and try and figure when you will be getting your second one....

Old 10-18-2005, 05:04 AM   #55 (Print)
Jeeters

So is it confirmed that a TiVo will be delivered? Or is it just going to be some sort of coupon or something requiring you to buy a TiVo then send in the coupon for reimbursement?
Jeeters is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-18-2005, 12:16 PM   #56 (Print)
pops_porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb
HoosierTiVOBuddy and Pops_porter, a big welcome to the Tivolution is order! You did yourselves right by getting your first TiVO and by finding this forum. You will always find someone who can help. I really don't think it will take the full 8-10 weeks for the first ones to make it out from this offer. We'll see.

While you await the TiVO's arrival, you can always plot out a chart and try and figure when you will be getting your second one....

Thanks jlb for the welcome. I will definately be visiting here often. I already have plans after awhile to either upgrade the 40 hr hard drive or get another tivo all together. I'm eagerly waiting it's arrival.

Am I correct in assuming that it will be an actualy Tivo they send us?
pops_porter is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-18-2005, 10:12 PM   #57 (Print)
HoosierTivoBuddy
Well, who is it?

Smile

Thanks for the welcome.

I too am already planning my first upgrade as my fiance usually has 3 VCR's recording all the time.

Oh boy! They better send an actual Tivo!!!!

How did they do it when they were giving away XM Radio?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:50 AM   #58 (Print)
Gregor
Outinsider

Location: Inside, or Outside, it all depends on your frame of refrence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTivoBuddy
Thanks for the welcome.

I too am already planning my first upgrade as my fiance usually has 3 VCR's recording all the time.

Oh boy! They better send an actual Tivo!!!!

How did they do it when they were giving away XM Radio?

I received an actual XM Roady. I love that thing!
Gregor is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 AM   #59 (Print)
jlb

I'm pretty sure it will be an actual TiVO. Past offers seem to confirm this......

Old 10-19-2005, 08:08 AM   #60 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

What do you think the aprox date of getting this will be. couple weeks, 2 months, 5 months?