THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 07-28-2001, 09:13 PM   #61 (Print)
Thinkology

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Herrmann II:
Sorry for shouting, but this is important...

IF YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE YOUR TV'S SERVICE MODE SETTINGS, WRITE DOWN THE ORIGINAL VALUES SO YOU CAN REVERT IF NEEDED!

Yes, this is pretty important since sometimes, subtle little changes you made to relieve one problem later show you another subtle little problem. By then, you've forgotten what you changed, much less the actual values you started with.

I had to make a small vertical adjustment on my new WEGA because I saw a small line of red or white visible at the top of the screen when the scene faded to black. I didn't record every single value, only the ones I changed. I keep it with the owner's manual.

mschwab, you should have no problem. On my Sony, I can make the adjustments while the clock is onscreen, or on an unused video input where the screen is black...I can even use functions of the remote like 'display' while I'm in service mode, so if your Panasonic is similar, you can do it all in one shot.

By the way, don't forget that to enter the service mode of your TV you have to have exactly 32lbs of pressure in your front tires and 28 in the back...otherwise you'll have to turn your AV speakers around backwards and wait until the month of manufacture of your kitchen stove! I hate it when that happens.

------------------
Mike,
Professor of Thinkology
"Oh, joy! Rapture! I've got a brain!"
Thinkology is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-14-2001, 09:41 AM   #62 (Print)
groundcrack
Advanced Member

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by groundcrack:
O.K. Thanks Tim, but I'm still a little lost. I'm not sure what time zone you're in. I live in CA. Can you tell me how many hours I need to add to adjust from here(during the summer & accounting for daylight savings).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacific Time is currently -0700 GMT. When we go back to Standard time, it changes to -0800 GMT.

This thread needed to be bumped anyway, but.... Just wanted to report back. I added 7 hours to my time(acutally had to use the next day's date because 7 hours put me into the next day. IT WORKED. Thanks

P.S. For those of you who don't know. If you don't make a successfull call for a month, not only does the TIVO reduce it's functionality, but as a result you can no longer access backdoors, because you can't get to the "Search By Title" screen.

------------------
Using 2.01 on 127.75 Hour Phillips HDR31202 & 30 Hour HDR31299(singl drive refurb).
groundcrack is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-23-2001, 04:37 PM   #63 (Print)
polishman195

Big Grin

just bumpin' it to the top
Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 08-24-2001, 02:51 PM   #64 (Print)
turls

Big Grin

Not so fast. When programmers (like ESPN) screw with their data they send to Tribune, this is most helpful for troubleshooting. Tivo uses this logic to determine when to record (or not record), and is especially important with season passes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tivo Fan:
I found the same thing. Pressing Clear shows the Program Number and the Episode Number of the recording in question. Interesting, but not of too much use.

------------------
Matt
Relax, its only TV. . .then what am I doing wasting time on a forum like this and spending hundreds of dollars on glorified VCR's?
<FONT COLOR="blue">The great PVR experiment, with us as the paying guinea pigs, continues . . . although things are getting better!</FONT c>
turls is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-07-2001, 02:50 AM   #65 (Print)
Otto

Big Grin

Here's a 2.5 trick for people with Combo units that will soon be getting/have gotten 2.5: Go to any show's info screen (where the description is.. Either in Now playing or when you are selecting it to record or in ToDo List, etc, etc) and press "Display" to bring up a more detailed info screen including: First Air Date, Complete Actor/Director/Producer List, Categories, Episode numbers, all the good info you really want.

------------------
<FONT size="1">All comments made in this post are my opinion and my opinion alone. Deal with it.
Otto, Zen TiVo Master - Moderator - AVS Tivo Forums - Tivo Underground, Tivo Coffee House
"The way of the portable computer user is as a stony path strewn with plugs and sockets, all the wrong size..." -- Terry Pratchett</FONT s>
Otto is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-07-2001, 02:08 PM   #66 (Print)
deathster

Send a message via ICQ to deathster Send a message via AIM to deathster
Big Grin

Otto, do you think this feature may find its way into 2.5 for standalones?

Just curious,

Deathster

------------------
Deathster

Happy Tivo owner since 08/28/00
deathster is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 09-07-2001, 04:10 PM   #67 (Print)
Otto

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by deathster:
Otto, do you think this feature may find its way into 2.5 for standalones?

Probably. I just thought it was cool when I saw it on a D-Tivo.

------------------
<FONT size="1">All comments made in this post are my opinion and my opinion alone. Deal with it.
Otto, Zen TiVo Master - Moderator - AVS Tivo Forums - Tivo Underground, Tivo Coffee House
"The way of the portable computer user is as a stony path strewn with plugs and sockets, all the wrong size..." -- Terry Pratchett</FONT s>
Old 09-29-2001, 02:13 AM   #68 (Print)
BigRed2666

Big Grin

Nice!
Old 09-29-2001, 11:58 PM   #69 (Print)
farfromuman

Big Grin

Is there a way to turn on backdoors like in 2.0 once we get 2.5?
Old 09-30-2001, 02:20 PM   #70 (Print)
Fletch

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Otto:
Here's a 2.5 trick for people with Combo units that will soon be getting/have gotten 2.5: Go to any show's info screen (where the description is.. Either in Now playing or when you are selecting it to record or in ToDo List, etc, etc) and press "Display" to bring up a more detailed info screen including: First Air Date, Complete Actor/Director/Producer List, Categories, Episode numbers, all the good info you really want.

Is there any way to display this info while watching live TV?

Fletch is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-01-2001, 12:44 AM   #71 (Print)
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by farfromuman:
Is there a way to turn on backdoors like in 2.0 once we get 2.5?

Does installing a TiVoNET card turn them on?

(Should I be ducking?)

------------------
HTH is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-01-2001, 05:13 AM   #72 (Print)
rwbigley

Big Grin

Is there a code that will let the Hughes DTV/TiVo unit use the clear button (or any other single button) to put the unit in standby from the remote. Currently, you have to go throught the DirecTV menu or use the standby button on the unit itself. I would like a one button standby on the remote. The Sony unit has this, but the Hughes and Phillips models do not.

I accidentally entered a code that gave me two lines of info at the bottom of the screen while the unit was rebooting. I have no idea of what this info was or what key combinations I used to get it.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:05 PM   #73 (Print)
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Exclamation

Bump.

Apparently some of the SPSxS codes work. I got SPS-Pause-S to work, but didn't test any others. The root message should be amended to note that backdoors don't need to be enabled for SPS codes. [EDIT: Oh, I see it does. I didn't read carefully enough the last time.]

I vote this as a candidate for sticky thread status when the forum updates.

------------------

[This message has been edited by HTH (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 05:50 PM   #74 (Print)
groundcrack
Advanced Member

Big Grin

SPS9S - Still works!. SPS30S works again(didn't work in 2.0, but did in 1.3)

------------------
Using 2.01 on 127.75 Hour Phillips HDR31202 & 30 Hour HDR31299(singl drive refurb).
Old 10-23-2001, 11:13 AM   #75 (Print)
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Big Grin

That just leaves S-P-S--S to be tested among the SPSxS codes.

Unless one wants to repeat the exhaustive search for codes that make the box go "bing bing bing".

------------------

There is no spool.

[This message has been edited by HTH (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 11:13 AM   #76 (Print)
Otto

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by HTH:
Apparently some of the SPSxS codes work. I got SPS-Pause-S to work, but didn't test any others. The root message should be amended to note that backdoors don't need to be enabled for SPS codes.

It already did say that. Also, I've added the 2.5 backdoor code. Teach Tivo is gone, but some people still want to adjust their auto-correct settings with 2.5. So, now they can.

------------------
Old 10-23-2001, 11:20 AM   #77 (Print)
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Big Grin

Quote:
It already did say that. Also, I've added the 2.5 backdoor code. Teach Tivo is gone, but some people still want to adjust their auto-correct settings with 2.5. So, now they can.

I'd just realized that and edited my post moments ago!

Okay, now how about the new shortcuts?

TiVo 1 - Now goes to Season Pass Manager (2.5.1) rather than Now Playing
TiVo 5 - Now goes to Browse By Channel again

------------------

There is no spool.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:04 PM   #78 (Print)
Leo Valiant

Big Grin

Quote:
Teach Tivo is gone, but some people still want to adjust their auto-correct settings with 2.5. So, now they can.

CEC2 doesn't work anymore. That's the one that turns on the display of scheduled suggestions in the ToDo List. It gives me the bing-bing-bing when I do the code, but nothing shows up. 12 hours later and suggestions were recorded, but still nothing in the ToDo List. I even rebooted, and tried it again. Too bad, I really liked this one.
Leo Valiant is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2001, 04:28 PM   #79 (Print)
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo Valiant:
CEC2 doesn't work anymore. That's the one that turns on the display of scheduled suggestions in the ToDo List. It gives me the bing-bing-bing when I do the code, but nothing shows up.

I feared this. The TiVo's Suggestions page no longer has the suggestion icon associated with suggestions that may record either, backdoors or no. I suspect CEC2 is doing what it did before, but the data just isn't available to it anymore.

Do CEC0-3 still have the same side-effects upon SPS9S (black-backed clock)?

------------------

There is no spool.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:46 PM   #80 (Print)
dslunceford

Cool

Quote:
I've added the 2.5 backdoor code. Teach Tivo is gone, but some people still want to adjust their auto-correct settings with 2.5. So, now they can.

God bless America....and Otto!

Stinks that Teach TiVo's gone but thank goodness I can adjust auto-correct!

------------------
--Steve
BrainStorm PR

My DVD Collection
dslunceford is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-23-2001, 05:57 PM   #81 (Print)
Otto

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by HTH:
I feared this. The TiVo's Suggestions page no longer has the suggestion icon associated with suggestions that may record either, backdoors or no. I suspect CEC2 is doing what it did before, but the data just isn't available to it anymore.

Actually, no, the Tivo suggestion icon DOES still show up on suggestions that will be recorded. I'm looking at one right now on the next episode of Friends.

They just turned that code off, methinks. Anyway, all the CEC-X codes make the bing bing sound even if they do nothing obvious. Always have.

dslunceford: Thank (or blame) hinsdale. He posted it over in the Underground. I'm just keeping my list up to date.

------------------
Old 10-23-2001, 07:54 PM   #82 (Print)
dslunceford

Cool

Quote:

dslunceford: Thank (or blame) hinsdale. He posted it over in the Underground. I'm just keeping my list up to date.

Then thanks to Hinsdale! And to you for keeping this consolidated thread going, as it's where I've been checking and checking for someone to figure out and post the code!

------------------
--Steve
BrainStorm PR

My DVD Collection
dslunceford is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 10-24-2001, 10:08 AM   #83 (Print)
groundcrack
Advanced Member

Big Grin

Quote:
That just leaves S-P-S-@-P to be tested among the SPSxS codes.

Still Works!

P.S. don't use this and sps9s at the same time. The clock and log fight for the same space & blink on and off.

------------------

[This message has been edited by groundcrack (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 06:19 PM   #84 (Print)
groundcrack
Advanced Member

Big Grin

Quote:
Okay, now how about the new shortcuts?
TiVo 1 - Now goes to Season Pass Manager (2.5.1) rather than Now Playing
TiVo 5 - Now goes to Browse By Channel again

Heres the full list. 1 & 5 were the only one's that changed from 2.0
Tivo Tivo = Now Playing
TiVo 0 = Tivo Cartoon Movie
TiVo 1 - Season Pass Manager
TiVo 2 = To Do List
TiVo 3 = Wishlists
TiVo 4 = Search by title
TiVo 5 - Browse By Channel
TiVo 6 = Browse by name
TiVo 7 = Manual Record by Time & Channel
TiVo 8 = Suggestions
TiVo 9 = Showcases

*Edit. I noticed otto revised his list earlier in this thread, but I'm leaving this anyway because it only refers to 2.5. See his list for information on older shortcuts(as well as 2.5).
------------------

[This message has been edited by groundcrack (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-26-2001, 10:53 AM   #85 (Print)
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Big Grin

Quote:
Still Works!

P.S. don't use this and sps9s at the same time. The clock and log fight for the same space & blink on and off.

But if you turn on the log and back off, it stays on the screen while the clock stops flickering. (Anyone else notice the counter doesn't count at a constant rate? The clock runs much more steadily.)

Also, I can now confirm that the CEC0-3 codes do still have the same black-background side-effects upon SPS9S.

------------------

There is no spool.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:47 AM   #86 (Print)
JamesonTiVo

Question

Quote:

2.5 Easter Egg: Go to System Information. Press "Channel Down" repeatedly to scroll down. When you get to the bottom, keep pressing channel down even though it makes "bong" noises. After a while (10 bongs?) you'll get something new.

Is this a standalone-unit-only egg? Because I tried it on my Sony DirecTiVo and all that happened was that the bonging eventually ceased... or was that the "something new" I was looking for?

<FONT size="1">

------------------
T1&gt; MSD35 H106 V2.5
</FONT s>

[This message has been edited by JamesonTiVo (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 09:07 PM   #87 (Print)
groundcrack
Advanced Member

Big Grin

Quote:
Is this a standalone-unit-only egg? Because I tried it on my Sony DirecTiVo and all that happened was that the bonging eventually ceased... or was that the "something new" I was looking for?

It only works with backdoors on. I don't know if it is a SA only thing, because I only have a SA. P.S. if your not using backdoors I wouldn't bother just turning them on to check this out. It's not worth the trouble & backdoors can sometime cause problems with tivos.

------------------
Old 10-29-2001, 11:50 AM   #88 (Print)
Otto

Big Grin

Quote:
It only works with backdoors on. I don't know if it is a SA only thing, because I only have a SA. P.S. if your not using backdoors I wouldn't bother just turning them on to check this out. It's not worth the trouble & backdoors can sometime cause problems with tivos.

No, it doesn't need backdoors turned on. And it works on both SA's and Combos with 2.5. What eventually happens is that the screen scrolls down and you see "All your tuners are belong: to US" at the bottom.

------------------
Old 10-29-2001, 01:03 PM   #89 (Print)
groundcrack
Advanced Member

Big Grin

Quote:
No, it doesn't need backdoors turned on.
. The funny thing is that I thought that the easter egg was several lines saying something like, "Nag Screen=False", Allow Search By title=True", etc. This is something that only appeared after turning on the backdoor & clicking to the bottom of the Systems info screen after hearing the "bonk". I went home after posting my last post here & made it "Bonk" 10 times, then got the "All your tuners belong to us message". So, I guess I was confused about what the easter egg really was.

------------------
Old 10-30-2001, 06:39 PM   #90 (Print)
stanp

Big Grin

With backdoors enabled on my v2.5 DTivo,

1. additional schedule information appears when viewing a channel description in the DIRECTV grid style guide:

(data until 11/12 2001 01:00:00, No Holes, Partial)

This seems to indicate that program information for this channel is available through 1 AM November 12. I'm not sure what "No Holes" or "Partial" means.

2. additional items are shown in the Program Details screen:

Object ID, Tmsld, Prog Server ID, Series Server ID, Series ObjID, DescLanguage, ShowType, Genre Codes, IsEpisode

To reach the Program Details screen press the "Display" button when viewing a program's description in "Now Playing" or "Pick Programs to Record."

Has anyone discovered a way to bring up the Program Details screen while watching Live TV or navigating the Guide grid?

------------------
Stan

3 Philips DSR6000 DirecTivos