July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2005, 07:50 AM   #91 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Send a message via AIM to MikeMar Send a message via Yahoo to MikeMar
An entire epsidoe and NOTHING about the hatch people!!! Forget Charlie and Claire and do more on the HATCH!!!! JEEZE

"You got some crazy books going on there, you going to open up H and R Blockian?" The Shield about Armenian Mob
MikeMar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:55 AM   #92 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee L
I can certainly see the new group and their hunkered down, battlefront attitudes really bringing out the worst in certain of the other survivors. It will be interesting to see where they take it.

I thought the same thing, and I noticed that (most of them) pulled together when Sawyer had to be brought up the hill--it was interesting to see the Front End Sruvivors bringing out the humanity again in the Rear End Survivors.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:57 AM   #93 (Print)
speedcouch
Geekneck

I guess I'm just lucky I didn't hear any spoilers about Shannon being the one to bite it. But then I don't read TV Guide or websites where I might stumble across that stuff. Didn't read this thread until AFTER the episode aired.

But they really had me going when Sawyer passed out though. I shrieked to my husband, "They can't kill off Sawyer!" Boy am I gullible...

I am perfectly okay with Shannon being the one killed. She was a character with so self-redeeming qualities (flashback or no). I'm with everyone else, I hope that Ana Lucia person goes soon. I can't stand her parading around like some sort of female Rambo.

That all said, when we found out Ana was the one who shot her, that was quite a surprise and a great drammatic moment.

Cheryl

Panasonic DMR-E30S
DirecTV since Aug 1995
Kenwood VR-7060
Four JBL S310 II Speakers
JBL S Center II
XM since May 04

Last edited by speedcouch : 11-10-2005 at 02:36 PM.
speedcouch is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:03 AM   #94 (Print)
balboa dave
well rounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddayaddayadda
Doesn't look like her to me
That's a better picture than my TV. So now I'm not as sure. She appears to be too young, but it's hard to tell from just a profile. I guess a stunt double is more likely.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #95 (Print)
Big_Daddy
Purveyor of Idiocy

This was definitely a set 'em up episode which will affect the next few episodes as the tribe merge. I'd spoiled myself on who died (sigh) but thankfully not how - was quite surprised to see Anna shoot Shannon.

A few comments based on other peoples thoughts:
- Even if Shannon's alive, and they can keep her alive until they get to Jack, Jack can't help her with a gut shot. That would require major surgery including blood transfusions - more than even Jack could provide like he did with Boone! She's a gonner. Particularly when Sawyer is likely more salvagable (although he'll eat up more of the antibiotics).

- I'm also looking forward to the Rose/Bernard reunion. I really like them.

- About the Locke/Claire/Charlie thing. I have a sneaking suspicion this could tie into a storyline for the end of the season focusing on Claire's baby and how the baby is somehow important. It wouldn't be outside Locke's possibility to decide Claire and Charlie aren't fit parents, and take the baby - particularly with his own Daddy's issues. And particularly if he realizes the baby is special and this is his "mission."

Now for some things I haven't seen yet in the thread -
- No Jack and Kate in the episode. It was good to focus on the other characters, Charlie, Claire, Sayiid and even Shannon (RIP)

- So why was Walt appearing to Shannon? Why not Hurley? Or Locke? Does it have something to do with the dog? And it is clear he was warning Shannon to shut up, but then leads her into the ambush?

- I liked Sayiid's Love Shack. As they say in Iraq, if the shack is a'rockin, don't come a'knockin.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #96 (Print)
golfnut-n-nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20878
Same here... As soon as I heard that I checked the guide and tvguide.com.

Is there a list somewhere that has all of the connections the survivors have made in flashbacks? I'm wondering which characters have either interacted with each other (Jin and Sun don't count) or have been in close proximity (i.e. Jack walking past Shannon; Sawyer walking past Boone at the Australian police station). I don't think anyone has actually directly interacted with another survivor in the past life, not counting Jack and Ana at the airport.

This link my help.

http://www.lost.cubit.net/connectio...ec339fecb4f4792

Humax DRT-800 80 Hours
TiVo Series 2 80 Hours
golfnut-n-nh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:11 AM   #97 (Print)
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar
An entire epsidoe and NOTHING about the hatch people!!!

Speaking of the hatch, in another forum I see they are speculating that Sayid tripped over another hatch at the very end when he was chasing Shannon.

LordKronos is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:13 AM   #98 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos
Speaking of the hatch, in another forum I see they are speculating that Sayid tripped over another hatch at the very end when he was chasing Shannon.

Hmm, i like that idea! hope it's true

"You got some crazy books going on there, you going to open up H and R Blockian?" The Shield about Armenian Mob
Old 11-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #99 (Print)
spartanstew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomDilbert
You know, kinda like you know how Anakin becomes Vader...you know how it ends but still have to watch it.

WHAT??????

The Royal Stewart Theater
spartanstew is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #100 (Print)
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack
Since we didn't see Shannon die. My quess is that they rush back to Jack and he again can only work on one person. I guess that person won't be Shannon.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Another tough choice and Shannon's family gets the short end of the stick again.

I noticed Jack right away in the flashback scene in SD, but then again I was already looking for him. I had to pause and go back to show my wife as she didn't see him.
kettledrum is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #101 (Print)
davezatz
[...]

Quote:
Sayid....please, please, PLEASE don't tell Michael that you just saw Walt. I don't know if I can handle any more:
WWWWWAAAAAAAAALLLLLTTT!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLTTTTT!!!!!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

At least Claire's stopped yelling about "my baby" repeatedly. Where that's dingo when you need him.
davezatz is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #102 (Print)
SeanC
ECT

Send a message via ICQ to SeanC Send a message via AIM to SeanC Send a message via MSN to SeanC Send a message via Yahoo to SeanC
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-Dwight Schrute
SeanC is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #103 (Print)
golfnut-n-nh

Who's pushing the buttons??

Humax DRT-800 80 Hours
TiVo Series 2 80 Hours
golfnut-n-nh is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #104 (Print)
LordKronos

What was Ana talking about when she asked Mr Eko if they saw the children? I'm trying to remember back...did Ana have any children with her in the airport?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:46 AM   #105 (Print)
LordKronos

What happened to the other tail people? There were 23. We have what, 5 of them left? The others took 3, then 9 more. 23-5-3-9=6 What happened to those other 6? Did they split off from the group? Did they send out their own raft?

I doubt the missing 6 are the others, but it's possible. Why does Ana forget to mention them when she's explaining what happened. Is it because something happened to those 6 and caused them to go insane?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #106 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut-n-nh

Jack and Kate

Old 11-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #107 (Print)
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar
Quote:

Jack and Kate

He meant on the computer
Old 11-10-2005, 09:02 AM   #108 (Print)
scubagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem
Man I f-ing hate Hate HATE Ana Lucia. all her sneering really bugs. and then she kills shannon. quadruple demerits for that.

Ditto.

She ruined my love affair between Sayed and Shannon
scubagal is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #109 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Quote:
He meant on the computer

Jack and Kate are sitting in the bunker pressing in the number combination on the computer. Am I missing something?

Old 11-10-2005, 09:06 AM   #110 (Print)
Fish Man
Chubby Hubby

Quote:

We didn't see Kate, Sun, or Jack (except a flash in a flashback) at all. Could have been any one of them. Could have been one of the background characters, too.

Organizing shifts, and having about 40 survivors, some nonspeaking "extras" makes it easy for the writers to hand-wave and simply say that someone is always manning the buttons.

Until.......

Someone blows it and fails to enter the code. They've got to do it. They've set it up, they've just gotta! Perhaps the season finale.

I'm also astounded at the people who think this was a boring episode!

The flashbacks were a little on the dull side, but there was a lot of juicy stuff in the island action:

The "fusies" once again infusing some semblance of compassion and humanity into the "tailies", Locke's learning that Charlie is toting heroin around, The race to get Sawyer some medical attention, Walt's appearances (what the hell is up with that???), and the climax: Bitchy, trigger-happy Anna-Lucia shoots Shannon! That was dull? I didn't think so!

Fish Man is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:10 AM   #111 (Print)
MitchO
Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Kronos was making a veiled reference to them "pushing each other's buttons".

Am I really the only one who saw Ana shooting Shannon coming?! Geez.

I'm so disappointed in the Shannon backstory. As I said in spoiler earlier in the thread, I'm unhappy that (if?) it's Shannon that's gone, because now that whole branch of the backstory is gone. It's like telling us that there's nothing additional in Boone and Shannon's history that we need to know. I have gone with the feeling that not only do all these people "deserve" to be on the plane for one reason or another, but the group as a whole was important because of the interconnections. Now we have zero reason to know why Boone and Shannon were part of the group. They may as well been Steve (or is it Scott?~)

The photo that I complained about in the NY Daily News last night STILL didn't even appear in this episode! So they've spoiled information at least TWO weeks ahead! Grr.

And I thought it was Libby, not Ana, who asked about "the kids".
MitchO is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #112 (Print)
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchO
And I thought it was Libby, not Ana, who asked about "the kids".

Yeah, it might have been. I just remember someone asking, and I can't remember the other two girls names (Libby, and who?), so I guess my memory just picked Ana
Old 11-10-2005, 09:18 AM   #113 (Print)
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Like a few others, I checked next weeks' episode and it's listed as one hour even though it was mentioned to be an extended episode. But there is another way to extend an episode: no commercials.
Yeah, like that will happen.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #114 (Print)
jeff125va

Send a message via AIM to jeff125va
I'm really wondering what, if anything, could have made Ana's shooting Shannon justifiable. Maybe next week's episode will at least give us some context, if we learn what happened to the rest of the tailies, perhaps that will explain how Ana could have been so on edge as to perceive Shannon as a threat. I imagine some day we will see the shooting from Ana's perspective, that may explain more as well.

I wonder if we'll ever see more Boone/Shannon flashbacks, assuming she's actually dead. There's a lot of gaps to fill in between what we saw last night, and when she got to the point of scamming Boone for money. I realize they brought Boone back for the flashback but I'd be surprised now that they're both dead, presumably.

So was Walt warning Shannon and Sayid about the tailies and the rest, or about whatever/whoever the whispers were coming from. Was the reverse audio someone mentioned earlier the same from both the tent and in the jungle?

And I can't wait to find out why they took the tailies. They showed that one dead body a few episodes ago, but I'd be surprised if they weren't taking them for some purpose, other than just to kill them.

109 hour Sony SAT-T60
35 hour Philips DSR 704
jeff125va is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #115 (Print)
jami
#1 d-dub subscriber

Send a message via AIM to jami Send a message via MSN to jami Send a message via Yahoo to jami
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuur
I deleted the ep before I could check the credits, but did they have someone else play Boone in the flashbacks? It didn't look like Ian Somerhalder. I read he was none too pleased when his character got killed, maybe they didn't have him under contract to get him back in season 2.

Update: Guess I was wrong. it was Somerhalder.

I thought that, too. They hid his face a lot and shot him from the side or behind. There was something about his voice that didn't sound like him - but I guess it was, as you proved it.

Need an avatar? PM me!

Enjoy Photography?
jami is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #116 (Print)
Artfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchO
Am I really the only one who saw Ana shooting Shannon coming?! Geez.

Nope. I saw it too.

Mainly because I highlight all of the spoiler activity here, which I'm not going to do anymore - It takes the fun out of it.

I think we will see Jack and Kate in the next episode, but only briefly. There will be introductions of the two tribes, and then a whole other show will start, detailing the tail end passenger's stories.

^NOT a spoiler!^ Just my guess
Artfreak is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #117 (Print)
mrpantstm
Well aren't you

I wouldn't have called it *the* episode of the season but definitly very good.

mrpantstm is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #118 (Print)
Amnesia

To me, Boone looked younger in the flashbacks...which is good.

Anyone else thought that one of the girl ballerinas was going to be Shannon?
Amnesia is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #119 (Print)
Delta13
Tivo Power!

And one of the tailies is a clinical psychologist (or was it psychiatrist? whatever), who might be able to go down the hatch and push a few buttons herself!

Good news: the bullet and gun survived getting wet.
Bad news: testing theory on live targets is generally considered bad form.

This was Ana Lucia's unraveling episode, tearing her down before the redeeming flashbacks. That's she not as tough or as people-smart as she might have first appeared. Seems Shannon found out firsthand why the tailies were having "trust issues".

Funny that it was her saying that one bullet and one gun wasn't going to do anything against the Others, but she's the one who fired anyway. Sounded like the voices went away though.
Delta13 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #120 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta13
Funny that it was her saying that one bullet and one gun wasn't going to do anything against the Others, but she's the one who fired anyway. Sounded like the voices went away though.

So to get rid of the Others, just shoot and kill one of your own! SIMPLE!