TiVo Community Forum Archive 2
Covering threads with a last post date between
July 1, 2004 and December 31, 2005.
THIS IS A READ ONLY SITE

SEARCH  |  ARCHIVE 1 MAIN SITE

Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2005, 09:58 PM   #1 (Print)
mostman

"Lost" 11/16/05 "The Other 48 Days" (Spoilers)

Well - lets get it started. Not over yet - but never too soon

Things we know now that have been previously questioned:

1) They really _did_ crash - instead of it being staged.
2) Some of the others are "smart" while others appear to be "simple" Plus, lists of the survivors are being made.

Questions:

1) Why did the tail survivors get visited so much more frequently than our survivors?
mostman is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #2 (Print)
Test
Register User

haha may not have gotten a thread for lost 8 hours before the episode...but we got two after it started...nice change

still watching now
Test is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #3 (Print)
mostman

Ok - I thought about things a bit more. Now - Goodwin was in the forest right when they crashed. Why? Did he know they were going to crash? If so, how could they possibly plan it so that there were survivors? Interesting....

Also - 'The kids are better off' Really starting to think this is all an experiment and they take out the people that wont further the experiment in some way. They take the kids out to 'protect' them from being harmed?

Oh - and btw - the new time splicing feature worked like a charm. I now will have a 56 minute Law and Order. Sweet.

Last edited by mostman : 11-16-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:13 PM   #4 (Print)
Test
Register User

so much for extended...
Old 11-16-2005, 10:15 PM   #5 (Print)
Bradc314
Hi.

"Nathan was bad, that's why he wasn't on the list"

Perhaps the list are those 'pure of heart'? The children, the big black dude, all seem to be virtuous, don't they?
Bradc314 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:17 PM   #6 (Print)
JadeWolf07

Send a message via AIM to JadeWolf07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradc314

Perhaps the list are those 'pure of heart'? The children, the big black dude, all seem to be virtuous, don't they?

Yeah, I had the exact same thinking. He made it out to seem like Santa's list, and that only the good were being taken away--
JadeWolf07 is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:19 PM   #7 (Print)
Test
Register User

he didnt say he was bad...

just said "Nathan was not a good person, that's why he wasn't on the list"

good as in........tasting hahaa
Old 11-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #8 (Print)
paragon

Quote:

Based on her only flashback, I would imagine Claire would probably fall under the virtuous category as well.
paragon is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #9 (Print)
Test
Register User

so is it safe to assume that goodwin was the guy on a stick in the past episode?

edit: so we know it was bernard talking to boone...WERE THE SURVIVORS
Old 11-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #10 (Print)
scottykempf

Man, that extra five minutes was really a tease. It was everything from the last episode which we already saw. When it was over, I said " OKay, so we are right back where the last episode ended, was this episode really necessary?"

Old 11-16-2005, 10:26 PM   #11 (Print)
Turtleboy
Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Turtleboy
Last season, were we debating whether Boone heard on the radio,"We'r"e the Surivovrs of Flight 815!"?

Well, now we know.
Turtleboy is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #12 (Print)
mostman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy
Last season, were we debating whether Boone heard on the radio,"We'r"e the Surivovrs of Flight 815!"?

Well, now we know.

I think we knew a few episodes ago - when we first saw their radio.

Well - I guess we didn't know. But we pretty much assumed that the revealing moment would come
Old 11-16-2005, 10:28 PM   #13 (Print)
cherry ghost

Quote:

The black dude has to be a priest or something. The way he looked at the bible? 40 days?
cherry ghost is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:28 PM   #14 (Print)
Test
Register User

so i dont get it... what did "THEY" do to goodwin that was so bad??? werent the tail section people so upset about what "THEY" did to goodwin in the last episode... ANA killed him not "THEY"
Old 11-16-2005, 10:29 PM   #15 (Print)
mostman

Here is something else - Eko _clearly_ recognized the Dharma symbol on the wall of the bunker. He may have seen it somewhere else. Watch the scene where he looks at it. Right before picking up the bible.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:30 PM   #16 (Print)
bcrider
TiVo Rebel

In the spirit of consolidation, I'm putting the contents of the first thread into this one:

Mysterious car seen during this scene:

Ana Lucia: "Where do you think they got it? I mean they don't even wear shoes."

At this point, just under the tree line, you can see the car move from right to left.

bcrider is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 PM   #17 (Print)
LordKronos

So, I guess Ana really DID shoot Shannon. I swear that didn't look like a bullet wound to me last week, but I can't deny what I saw tonight. Then again, maybe I need to go back and double check something...(preview spoiler)
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)

I need to check whether or not she did shoot him because, next week I could have swore I saw a clip where Ana fires the gun, but she's only supposed to have one bullet. Did we actually see Ana fire clearly tonight, or was it sneaky editing to make it look like she fired (even more so than it did last week).

Though I supposed maybe (depending on when in the episode it happens) she could have borrowed a bullet from someone elses gun

LordKronos is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 PM   #18 (Print)
mostman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test
so i dont get it... what did "THEY" do to goodwin that was so bad??? werent the tail section people so upset about what "THEY" did to goodwin in the last episode... ANA killed him not "THEY"

I think Ana said something like:

"You all remember Goodwin right?! We all liked Goodwin right!?"

When talking about trust issues. She never said that the others killed him. We were just led to believe that. Now we know she meant "Nobody can be trusted"
Old 11-16-2005, 10:32 PM   #19 (Print)
MikeMar
Me in Armenia + Flag

Send a message via AIM to MikeMar Send a message via Yahoo to MikeMar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottykempf
Man, that extra five minutes was really a tease. It was everything from the last episode which we already saw. When it was over, I said " OKay, so we are right back where the last episode ended, was this episode really necessary?"

I liked this episode a lot. Got to see the whole other side, in 1 episode

"You got some crazy books going on there, you going to open up H and R Blockian?" The Shield about Armenian Mob
MikeMar is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #20 (Print)
Test
Register User

when ana and goodwin are going up the mountain, ana asked "why do you think their doing this?" and goodwin said "why do you think whos doing what" reminded me of a line that locke would say

yes mostman, i have to agree with you
Old 11-16-2005, 10:38 PM   #21 (Print)
ogden2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost
The black dude has to be a priest or something. The way he looked at the bible? 40 days?

You mean Pastor... And no, I would say he is a Christian. In the Bible, God always took 40 days to prepare people for different things and sometimes 40 years.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:39 PM   #22 (Print)
LordKronos

I like the episode too, except that it was very poorly stitched together. The way thay had all those 5 second clips glued in, it reminded me of some of the crappier DVD deleted scenes I've seen.
LordKronos is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #23 (Print)
tigger

My favorite part was after they heard Boone on the radio, and Bernard asked Ana Lucia "what if there are some survivors" and she says "There ARE NO survivors" -- made me think the writers added that in as a tweak to the Boone episode when at first we were all arguing about whether he heard "we are" or "there were no" before ABC changed it...I had to pause Tivo, I was giggling so hard.

I expected a little more drama/tension when They came for the tailies, they seemed to not really pay a lot of attention to it in the episode like I thought they would.

ETA: I also took the bait on Nathan being the infiltrator and probably for a reason they did on purpose...the name Nathan being so close to Ethan after all. But I still thought Goodwin might be in on it with him. Well, I was half right!

Tig

Old 11-16-2005, 10:44 PM   #24 (Print)
jkeegan

thoughts:
---------

1) Awesome episode.. Liked it very much.

2) That beginning, with the beach, was %$%#$%'ing incredible!!!

3) Goodwin seemed to imply that they weren't attacking them (like maybe they're Dharma people coming to pick up the people
who were to be delivered to the island via airplane crash??).. ..but only not attacking the BAD people.. the good people
were on a list....... So, did Ethan have a list? Was he collecting good people, or bad? Was Ethan a Goodwin-like guy?

4) Having the other guy's name be Nathan (almost Ethan) and having him also claim to be from Canada was very strange,
especially since Goodwin was the not-from-the-plane guy.. (Though I guess we still don't know if Nathan was on the plane..
I wonder if his name is on the manifest? I wonder if they'll check next episode? They should check everyone!

5) They actually did a good job getting me to hate Anna less. Didn't expect that at all. Expected them to try, but not succeed.
Then again, they made me hate her in the first place. We're all pawns.

6) mostman, great observation - we DO now know it was a crash, and not staged (unless this is all a holodeck, which would
be a slightly different version of staged)

7) Goodwin was probably able to be there waiting for the crash the same way that they had a list of "good" people -
some extra knowledge that we don't know.. If you believe the clues they're showing us, the Dharma project has ties
to Oceanic (the oceanic logo being on the plate in the DeGroot's office in the orientation film).

8) The kids didn't look too "better off" walking past Eko/Jin dragging that teddy bear.

9) Yeah, good to see the confirmation that it was them talking to Boone.. No, WE'RE the survivors!

10) Good to see Anna wasn't the kids parents.. No spoiler there!

11) Gotta rewatch this to see Goodwin's scenes again from the beginning

12) What's with the eye? I guess at least we did get to see an eye this episode though..
(just not at the beginning, not from a main character that we know of yet, and we don't
know if it's the left or right eye.. oh yeah, and it's glass)

13) Bible.. hrmmph..

14) Didn't see what Eko carved into the stick.. anyone see?

15) Didn't see the neck snap coming.

16) Good to see the other door also said quarantine on it

17) That was an appropriately old looking radio.. Why didn't Goodwin presumably want them to use it?

18) The scene where Anna broke down and started crying into Eko's arms worked extremely well as a scene.. Beautiful shot.

19 is in spoiler tags because it talks about the preview:
19) Jack seems reaaally surprised when Eko said Anna's name.. ("What did you say??")

seven syllables
(kee gan dot org slash ti vo )
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #25 (Print)
El Gabito

Send a message via AIM to El Gabito
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos
I like the episode too, except that it was very poorly stitched together. The way thay had all those 5 second clips glued in, it reminded me of some of the crappier DVD deleted scenes I've seen.

I disagree, I thought it was nice. Cut through all the crap and showed the imporant parts. I suspect they'll start doing backstories on a couple of these people soon (Eko hopefully).
El Gabito is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #26 (Print)
jkeegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostman
Here is something else - Eko _clearly_ recognized the Dharma symbol on the wall of the bunker. He may have seen it somewhere else. Watch the scene where he looks at it. Right before picking up the bible.
Eh.. went back, and I'm not convinced that it's not him just intriged by a logo of any kind inside a bunker in an island they crashed on. (Granted, I'm rewatching it in SD, but..)

seven syllables
(kee gan dot org slash ti vo )
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:51 PM   #27 (Print)
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan
19 is in spoiler tags because it talks about the preview:
19) Jack seems reaaally surprised when Eko said Anna's name.. ("What did you say??")

I presumed it was because he was surprised to hear she was alive since he knew she was in the back of the plane. Even after 48 days and all they've been through, it makes sense that he'd remember the name, at least enough that it sparked his memory even if he ends up taking an extra second or so to remember exactly why he knows the name. Clear as mud?

Old 11-16-2005, 11:15 PM   #28 (Print)
Rob Helmerichs
New grandfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan
Eh.. went back, and I'm not convinced that it's not him just intriged by a logo of any kind inside a bunker in an island they crashed on. (Granted, I'm rewatching it in SD, but..)

That was my impression as well...

Old 11-16-2005, 11:34 PM   #29 (Print)
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos
So, I guess Ana really DID shoot Shannon. I swear that didn't look like a bullet wound to me last week, but I can't deny what I saw tonight. Then again, maybe I need to go back and double check something...(preview spoiler)
[spoiler]

You're overthinking it. There was even an article in USA Today yesterday about this, with Michelle Rodriguez and Carleton Cuse both discussing that yes, she did it.
cmontyburns is offline Report Bad Post Report Post
Old 11-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #30 (Print)
TiVoJedi

I found the LOST car (had to look after it was mentioned here)
For those who don't know exactly where to look, have a look here:

LOST car